The Game

Story Info
An unexpected travel encounter.
6.6k words
4.48
12.8k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is my first published story and take characters from a larger (as yet unpublished piece) I'm writing for my girlfriend. She had to go home for Christmas without me and this story was inspired by her. I'm not a writer, but I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think, but please be kind.

'The game'

For the real Sophie.

The covid checks and queues were an absolute shitshow, and it had taken hours to work through the new protocols, but Sophie was giddy to be going home. It had been too long, years, but she was once again sitting in a departure terminal, boarding pass and documents in hand and ready to board the gruelling long haul flight home.

The flight was never easy, but Sophie had a system which relied heavily on the cocktails available in the departure lounge before settling into the flight. Two strong gin and tonics were normally in order, but with the covid situation she had twice as long to wait around, so she imagined it would likely be at least four. And perhaps a martini.

By her side for the first leg of her journey was Constance, her best friend and confidant. They'd take different regional flights at the other end, but Sophie was grateful for her friend's company. It wouldn't be long until she was surrounded by family and the frustrations that come with it, so a close friend was valuable foil before the holidays.

With baggage checked and nothing but time to spare, they settled in at the fanciest looking bar in the lounge and ordered some drinks. Constance raised an eyebrow at the sight of the young bartender who approached them but after he came to take their order it was clear he was gay. Fair enough Sophie thought, you can't have it all, but she recognised the look Constance gave straight away. What was it about airports and flying that made everyone so horny?

The gin wasn't the strongest, Sophie would have mixed a more potent concoction at home, but it still had a gentle kick in it which she appreciated. No need to get totally wasted before the flight. With drinks in hand, the girls chatted on autopilot for a few minutes, in a way that only best friends can, with each preoccupied by their own journey and the stories that may unfold on the other end. It seemed like a blink of an eye before they were ordering another drink, but the alcohol and the chit-chat had settled them both down when they spoke for the first time with any purpose.

"This is the bit I hate the most," Sophie said. "Remember when you used to check in and it felt like 15 minutes later you were on the plane?"

"Yeah, I don't mind it. It was never 15 mins Soph, but I hear you, we do have time to kill here. At least we have the gin" her friend replied.

"True. So what do we do, just drink until we're ready to board?"

"Well, I'm pretty happy just taking in the sights" Constance said with a salacious grin and a gaze that was firmly fixed on a dapper gentleman sitting at a booth on the other side of the bar.

"Hmm. Not bad, but not my style. He looks like he's got an ego. Nice bod though." Sophie conceded.

"I don't care about the ego. He looks rich."

"Typical Constance. Always the gold digger."

"Shut up bitch, let a girl dream."

The girls sat in silence for a moment as they continued to take in the scenery when Constance' face lit up with a devious grin and she leaned in slightly closer to Sophie.

"Let's play the game." She said in hushed tones, not that anyone was listening to them.

"Oh, here we go."

"C'mon, it'll be fun, what've we got, two and a half hours of sitting around?"

"You can play Connie, I think I'm happy with my gin."

"Fine, I'll start, but you're playing."

"Maybe." Sophie conceded, mostly so it didn't turn into a pointless back and forth.

"Perfect. Ok, let me see..." as Constance started looking around the terminal for oblivious players that might be appropriate as pawns for their entertainment.

'The game' was a sexy little tradition the girls had invented in college. They didn't play much these days and to be fair, it was better suited to a nightclub than an airport, but it was still a bit of fun and Sophie assumed playing kept Constance feeling young. The rules were simple. Take turns picking out guys and asking the other how far they would go with them. The idea was to out-do the other's suggestion, making it as salacious as possible, with the winner forced to approach the man in question. But the game had tended to go one way over the course of their friendship. Like it or not, Constance was more confident with guys than Sophie had ever been, and she inevitably used this little back and forth as some mental foreplay before chatting to a guy she was going to approach anyway. Sophie had learned her only hope was the 'trump card', but she'd long grown out of such shameless suggestions and was resigned to letting Constance have her fun and 'win'.

"Ok, I've got one. Briefcase. Getting a coffee." Constance started, pointing out what looked like a man-child in an oversized suit and cheap shoes ordering a latte at the coffeeshop next door.

"I said I'm not playing."

"You said maybe, and it only works if we both play. Don't be a prude."

"I'm not a prude, I just don't want to play."

"Oh, c'mon. What are we meant to do?"

"I'm not playing Connie."

"Fine. I'll start, you ask me." Her face beaming with expectation and confidence at the fun that was about to be had.

Sophie's friend was clearly desperate to relive the halcyon days, and realising she wouldn't take no for an answer, she conceded.

"Fine. But get me another G&T and make it strong. Bloody hell, I can't believe we're doing this. Right. Briefcase. Go."

"Aww, I wanted you to pick me a good one." Constance complained as she ordered two double highballs.

"What the fuck? You picked him for me! Why did you point him out if you think he's shit?"

"I wanted to make the first one easy."

"Con, he's eleven! And clearly a virgin. And by the look of him it's going to stay that way for quite some time."

"Alright, alright. No more virgins. I promise. Now pick me a good fish."

"Nope. This is your game, you wanted to play and I picked Briefcase. So, go."

Constance huffed with frustration but realised this was her only chance at giving the game some life, so she turned to take in the young fish again.

"Um, I'd let him buy me a cocktail and then I'd tell him I have a boyfriend and that he seems really sweet."

Sophie rolled her eyes, "Oooo, salacious", sarcasm practically spewing out of her mouth.

"Ok, he was a shit start. That was my fault. But it's your turn." shuffling in her chair to find a worthy subject. "I've got it. Beach bum, with the hair. Gate 4."

Sophie looked in the direction Constance had gestured. There were about 35 people sprawled out on chairs and on the floor for a flight which looked to be boarding in about an hour. She spotted the player, well, players, Constance must be referring to. Two mid-twenties dudes on the floor resting against their bags, eyes glued to their phones and clearly, with exclusively surf-branded attire and suntanned skin, off to chase the next wave.

"Which one, blonde or dark?" Sophie clarified, since they both seemed to have hair.

"The blonde Sophie, c'mon, as if that's not 'the hair'"

It was obvious now that Constance mentioned it. The young fellow had sun-bleached shoulder length curls and his friend had a buzz-cut. Sophie preferred the cropped version, which is where the confusion probably came from, but as directed she took in the blonde and considered her move. He had a good body, no doubt. Strong arms and shoulders protruded from his quicksilver singlet and his abs were clearly flat and firm.

"Er, I'd let him have a dance and put those arms around my waist."

"Is that all?" Constance fumed. "Don't fancy some young flesh to take home for some fun? Not even a kiss?"

"I don't think he's my type Connie."

"Oh shut up. This game isn't about your type. We're window shopping. I bet if you got the chance you'd take him home."

Sophie looked again, the boy was kind of cute, but so young and that put her off these days. Young bodies were beautiful, but she liked the strength and touch of an older man as she'd found them to be far more satisfying. And far more secure. But the gin was kicking in and despite her initial hesitation, the game was a lot more fun if you got into it.

"Ok, ok. Look, if he tied that hair into a bun we could make out on the dancefloor and I'd let him squeeze my butt. Happy?"

"Oooo, someone's getting into it." Constance shrieked with delight. "Ok, my turn. Find me some man candy you dirty little minx." Her lips were pursed in a way that showed she knew the game was about to get interesting and that she would get to up the stakes in ever more interesting ways.

Sophie looked around. She was uninspired by a lot of the options, but knew she had to find someone to satisfy her friend. After a moment Constance interrupted her, glee written all over her face.

"I've got it. Armani. News stand. Ask me about him."

Sophie spotted him. "You mean 'Mr Regional Manager' over there looking at cookbooks? Really?"

"Oh he is not middle management baby, he's the real deal. Mmmm, yummy." Constance rubbed her hands together, eyes glued on her fish and waited for the question.

"Hang on, that's not the rules. You can't pick your own fish. I get to choose. Also, I think that little ring on his finger might cause you some problems. Oh, and look, there she is now. Just needed a tiny bottle of water to hydrate her perfectly formed, size four pilates bod. You really want to waste a turn on this?"

A stunning brunette had come to his side while the girls were watching the man. Sophie thought he was absolutely punching, but the woman with an enormous rock of her left hand only seemed to heighten Constance' desire to include him in their conversation.

"Yes. He's perfect. I've always wanted to be a side piece."

Sophie rolled her eyes. The game always ended up going the same way. Constance really got off on these little fantasies and she might as well let her have her fun. "Ok, go on then. Middle management."

After Constance rebuked the middle management claim - apparently, he was clearly a high-flying executive - she didn't mix her words, suggesting they'd be back in his hotel at the first opportunity to perform a variety of acrobatics and it would be the start of a x-rated affair anytime he came to town.

It frustrated Sophie a bit, some handsome guys had wandered into their part of the terminal with a few even sitting at the bar, but Constance had gone nuclear with this guy. Sophie always preferred a more graduated development of the game, but like she'd known all along, this was just for Constance to live out some fantasies and pass the time.

"Well that's it I suppose? I guess you better go chat to him."

"What? No. That's not the end, I was just talking about a sexy little affair. We can do better."

"Conny, I had to google some of the moves you were suggesting. There's no way I can compete with that. You win, game over."

"Oh come on. I was just starting to have fun. What if I can out-do myself? And what if Mr Big comes and sits at the bar?"

Mr Big was the second highest level in the game and regularly came up when Sophie had had enough. The idea being someone so perfect might turn up out of the blue at exactly the right time and if the game was still going one of the girls could approach him. But in all their time playing, Mr Big had never arrived. It was just Constance' last desperate ploy to keep it going. Sophie knew the fun had gone for her, but her friend kept bugging her until she gave in.

Over the course of 2 more worryingly strong gins, the girls back and forthed their way through another dozen guys. Constance' 'side piece' fantasy was still the clear winner and although Sophie occasionally conceded defeat, she was energized by a couple of the handsome guys that presented themselves on her turns. During the game she'd twice offered her number, agreed to a few pashes and suggested that one rugged looking photographer that reminded her of Leonardo Di Caprio in Blood Diamond would be getting at least one night in a hotel. Frustratingly, Constance had offered her a few 'catfish' -- fish that needed to be immediately thrown back - and Sophie assumed she was keeping the best blokes for her own turns, which was classic Constance. But there were still a few hotties around. It was no coincidence that both the girls suggestions got more provocative as they drank -- at one point Constance had offered to blow a pilot in the cockpit - but when they moved from the bar into the comfort of a booth, the game kind of died out. Their new seats restricted their view somewhat and instead of giving in entirely, Constance had said they'd wait for a worthy player to come along before they kept going.

Sophie was relieved as much as anything. She wasn't 19 anymore and these games used to be fun in college, but deep down she wasn't expecting to meet Mr Big or act on any of her suggestions in an airport. It was all just a bit of fun.

The girls sat opposite each other and went into a routine of checking their phones, double checking their flight status and documents, and chit-chatting about whatever came to mind.

Every so often Constance would ask if there were any new players, but Sophie always took a cursory glance and shook her head. Technically it was Sophie's turn next, but Constance had picked up on her mood and was being kind. At some point they realised 'Armani' (as Constance had insisted on calling him) must've boarded a flight with his perfect wife, although they couldn't really remember who was in the lead with that option off the table. It didn't matter. They would be boarding in an hour and a half, and Sophie was happy to chat and read the news and her socials.

In the booth they had also caught up on each other's families and plans for the holidays and just generally floated in and out of conversation as friends do. By the time a fifth gin -- just a single this time - was in front of each of them, they girls had been without a fish for at least 20 minutes and the game was turning into a distant memory.

All of which made it most surprising when 'Salt and Pepper' took his seat in the bar.

Sophie had her head in her bag when she caught a peripheral view of a body plonking down in a leather armchair a few metres away from their booth. The chair was slightly pointed away from them, so the sitter wouldn't be staring straight at them, but still in full view of both girls. There was a small coffee table in front of it and despite not looking over, Sophie clocked the man placing a drink on it and settling in. She could tell it was a man by the bulky frame and manly gait that had passed their booth en route to the chair. Beyond that, his presence didn't even register, and she continued to check for her lip gloss that had disappeared into the deep recesses of her carry on.

Constance had settled into some trashy magazine she'd picked up from the news stand. When Sophie came up for air, lip gloss nowhere to be found, she grabbed her own book and reclined as much as possible to get comfortable and do some reading.

"Are you gonna stretch your legs before we board?" Constance asked without looking up.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna read a couple chapters to see if this book's any good." Sophie also kept her eyes on the page. "Maybe in 10 minutes."

"Any fish?"

"Nah." Sophie didn't even look up this time. Her passion for the game was over.

"Ok, I'm gonna get a water, you want one?"

"I'm all good thanks, got one here," as Sophie dutifully took a sip from her bottle.

"Ok." Constance was rearranging her belongings to exit the booth when her movement stopped. She had clearly paused to figure something out.

"What?"

"Sophie, look."

"What?" her eyes still on the book.

"Trust me. You're gonna wanna see this." Constance pressed.

Sophie still didn't look up, sure there couldn't be anything that exciting in bar. "Is this another poor women who you're gonna tease for wearing too much makeup and clothes six sizes too small?"

"Sophie!" Her tone harsh, but hushed all of a sudden. "I said look."

Sophie looked at her friend who immediately bobbed her head a bit to the right and gestured furiously with eyes wide, pointed in the same direction to clarify her demands. Sophie sighed and lowered her book, then looked as instructed and saw what, or in this case who, Constance was referring to.

The result was visceral and Sophie's mouth opened a fraction involuntarily as she took in the scene. There in front of them, only a handful of metres away was a breathtakingly stunning man. His face was a picture. Skin a flawless deep mocha with exotic emerald eyes, a perfectly straight and proportionate nose, and scratchy three-day growth across his impeccable jaw. His short hair was black as night, effortlessly styled with sophistication and a smattering of grey creeping through above his ears and on his cheeks. The man was one of those absurd looking people that you would only see on expensive health care ads for men, impossibly perfect, but someone you would never actually see in real life. His posture reeked of style and intelligence, and he was fit. His bright white cotton shirt fell over a strong frame, with unclasped buttons below his chin revealing just enough evidence of the chiselled physique that lay underneath. More mocha fell from his sharp tan short openings with calves that revealed yet more evidence of a well-toned body. His hands held "A brave new world", and Sophie felt her breath quicken when she gazed at his fingers, large and strong, yet delicate and well kept. His dark skin was having the most profound effect, and his features were faultless. He was an Adonis, a truly beautiful man and both girls were shocked into a brief stupor at the sight of him. Constance was the first to claw them back to reality.

"See?"

"See what?" Sophie felt her heart beating a lot faster than it was a minute ago.

"Oh, don't play dumb. I saw the look on your face. He's a 'ten' Soph. Admit it."

Sophie could sense where this was going. He was a perfect male specimen. Adding to the intrigue was the fact that it was impossible to tell if he was a builder or a surgeon. It was obvious he was in great shape, but his clothes and his demeanour suggested intellect and class. The thought of him was exhilarating and petrifying. She looked again, in case it was a dream, but there he was, right before her eyes and her mind raced towards the things she wished he would do to her. Perhaps it was the gin, perhaps it was playing 'the game' earlier, but after not knowing this man existed even moments before, her thoughts had catapulted her into a passionate encounter. Just looking at him made her want to tear his clothes off, and for him to do likewise. For him to ravish her. It was overwhelming. She had to look away.

Constance was still staring and Sophie recognized flushed cheeks on her friend. She wondered if her own cheeks were flushed, but the burning sensation on her face gave her the answer. He was having the same effect on both on them it seemed.

When she finally averted her gaze, Constance' complexion had changed. Her eyes had sharpened, projecting her sultry mood, lips pursed with provocation.

"So?"

"No." Sophie retorted.

"No, what?"

"Just no. You know what I mean."

"I do not", Constance lied.

"Well, it doesn't matter. The game's finished. You already won."

"Oh, scared of what I might say?" she teased.

"What do you mean what you might say?"

"When you ask me about him. You're scared of what I'll say because you'll be jealous."

"I beg your pardon!" Sophie was indignant. "I believe it's my turn."

"Oh, is it now? I thought the game was finished?"

12