All Comments on 'The Gander'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMad3 months ago

Cheating wives stories tend to focus on realism especially BTB (ignoring the Navy Seal ex-husbands thrown in), so the unrealistic take on this story made it seem pretty ridiculous. That being said, I enjoy an over the top story from time to time but this story needed to be edited a bit more. Some of the timing and absurdity didn't mix well with the rest of the narrative. It would have been better if you went all in with the craziness than try to tone it down at the end. It kind of fell flat for me.

Still it was a fun read and I did enjoy reading it. Thanks.

Diecast1Diecast13 months ago

I love the story. AAAAAA++++++

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

You lucked out and got a wife with a mean right cross!

5

KarnevilKarnevil3 months ago

I have to confess that I grew bored toward the end of the first page, all very unlikeable people doing unlikeable things. So I skipped to the end hoping to read that the whole cast had died in some freak accident, but alas not so.

It was all pretty predicable as soon as he confessed to how many women he was cheating with, then when Tracy was introduced I really did have to stifle a yawn.

Well written but absolutely no likable characters, and the biggest and worst possible cliché to end on.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm3 months ago

Can't believe I'm saying this, given how I usually love your stories... but I kinda stopped reading halfway through page 1 and just scrolled through page 2. I mean, yeah, the title made it pretty clear from the start where this was going, but I was still surprised just HOW predictable the whole thing turned out to be.

InkentInkent3 months ago

Change from your norm, and nicely done. Made a decent read on my commute:)

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Fun read! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom3 months ago

Not up to your usual standard, not because it was short. But I felt you struggled with it, it didn't have the usual flow.

WoodencavWoodencav3 months ago

Very average not up to your usual standard, ⭐️⭐️⭐️

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft3 months ago

A fun read. Sometimes life throws more angst and gritty reality at me than I really want. That’s when I really appreciate a nice cruise down Cliché Highway through Trope City to bring me the escapism I crave. Thanks very much for the diversion, as well as Twins!! 5*

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

As always, I really enjoy your stories.

Well done.

jasonnhjasonnh3 months ago

It was all a fun twist built around the indignant wife facing her husband's cheating, until she was exposed as the slut that she was. She condemned herself. It was funny and light.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This one was a bit of a slow starter, but his laid back approach to the reveal was interesting. He gives her enough rope (with his confession) to hang herself. That the five cheating husbands are only peripheral to the story was unique. Of course, the BTB by own actions by his wife was a nice touch.

Omart57Omart573 months ago

Loved it, OTO!!! Thank you for writing!

someoneothersomeoneother3 months ago

As Laurie was an STD carrier, the relevant health agencies would immediately have identified her the first time any STD was diagnosed. If that inevitability happened, the rest of the story falls apart.

Also too fantastical to have all the relationships develop[ without anyone knowing anything until the end.

I see the story as as a lot of good writing wasted on an unbelievable plot.

grogers7grogers73 months ago

Yes! Escapism! Relief on the train ride to drudgery. A hyper parody of of many submissions here. 5*

JoshFrom53JoshFrom533 months ago

Cheers. I had a ball reading it.

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

I enjoyed it for what it is. A well written and entertaining STORY. Thank you. Always a good day when I log in and your name pops up with something new.

TajfaTajfa3 months ago

Good story although Laurie's part was too ( yes "too") short. Why did she marry him? She was cheating the whole time - why? How did it start

CriosCrios3 months ago

Great little story! Don't ever apologize for writing a short little zinger!

JusteenKJusteenK3 months ago

I'm normally a fan of your work but I found this one pointless and witless.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

I liked it although the ending was anti-climactic. I was hoping when the three sisters came in at the end Tracey was going to offer picking back up with the lonely sisters. Guess I spend too much time on this site - LOL. 4.2*

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

All your work is good to great!

IrrumatioIrrumatio3 months ago

How exactly does one kiss "a hot MILF while also eating out another woman"?

ttt59ttt593 months ago

Was a bit surprised when I saw the length, but you did a nice job of telling a shorter story. Always enjoy your work!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

Love it - another excellent tale from the mind of John Other!

muddman74muddman743 months ago

I enjoyed this short story, John. Thanks for sharing and I give it full marks.

Corny1974Corny19743 months ago

Always excellent. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

MaximusTheMad needs to check out Sleepery Jim's "Raine on her parade" - and others. Most stories here are fiction i.e. not real. Of course oddles of commentors try to match them up with reality as they see it and scold the author when they are unable to get a match.

This most excellent work of fiction well deserves it five bright stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I guess that I may have been correct at the beginning when I wondered, since Laurie's husband didn't ask for the up-sized breasts, who were they actually for? Looks like there are about five suspects.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short can be good. Sometimes you can get a little long winded.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut3 months ago

I see the MC in this was drinking beer, not your normal favourite tipple.

Your favourite tipple does cast a shadow on the story though, as might well be said:

"Bugger me, that's a rum do!"

I do tend to prefer (not quite the right word, as they are heart-wrenching)? your longer stories, but this was a great bit of fun.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Average, at best. Certainly nowhere near the quality of all of your other tales, which I universally loved. Very dialogue driven, which can be a very good thing, but in this case did not hit the mark. Implausible. Three stars from me.

I must say that, when I saw your name, I anticipated so much more. A bit of a downer...

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I wonder if, because of the increase in boobs, Laurie began to prefer a comfortable missionary position in bed with her husband, then how did she manage with five lovers?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not your usual story line, but it had to be told and you did a fine job telling it.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Entertaining and easy to read

DessertmanDessertman3 months ago

I also found it not up to your usual standard and rather boring.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great Northern is rat piss. I will fight you over this.

Thanks for the (short) story :)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was choppy and used a lot of words to say very little. You need to watch your mistakes with their when it should have been they're and the always problematic your and you're.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

I think it was good although ir became a teenage-boy-wet-dream fantasy for a while. Thanks @other2other1.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your aim is excellent. You hit the bullseye on every target, cliché, that you selected. Great read. 5s

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The ex wife appears like a totally demented woman, blinded by her extreme selfishness and narcissism. The husband is described like an ice cube, totally emotionless. So, a bit too much flat for a short tale, but since this belong to the 5% of the LW tales that are not following the endless bombing fetish-cuck propaganda, it deserves the full prize: 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Agree 100% with Cracker270 — for what it purported to be, it was good. Shallow….but understand that every story can’t be deep and wide.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You wasted your ink on this one. Terrible.

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

I think it is a great little story, short and to the point.

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Just another re-write of a way overused cliche'. Cuck husband fucks the cheater's wives. Divorced cheating wife falls on unexplained "hard times" and cuck husband lives happily ever after. You two are way better than this.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think it just ended up being kind of gross. If it was humor it needed something funny, instead it just sounded like every other cruel revenge story on here.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

I enjoyed this tale. Good thing Tracy showed up in the story, otherwise the twins and the other 3 women may have been fighting over Tony……..

Thanks for writing

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol3 months ago

Well done!

-

Be well!

Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

Excellent "short story" loved it

5stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

@someoneother, I can be at least as much of a reality Nazi as the next person, but c'mon! Can't we sometimes just have a little fun?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
To Irrumatio.

From the story, literally, copy paste:

"they had no issues helping me eat out any of the others. Seriously, kissing a hot MILF while also eating out another woman."

Two mouths and tongues eating out a vagina are bound to "kiss" each other even trying not to.

P.S. Nice nickname though.

uncle_muduncle_mud3 months ago

A great yarn ... Thankyou

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture3 months ago

I enjoyed it a lot more than your long winded drawn out stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"No idea if it was her."

.

So she was the only person in the world?

.

It was ... okay. About twice as long as needed, and her phony anger at thinking he was cheating when she was the one who was cheating all along has always been a problematic plot line, especially a case like this where she's still pissed at him though she's the guilty part. This comes off more as a parody.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

I liked it. Cliches aside, I wouldn’t characterize responding in kind as being an asshole. Maybe he is an asshole for other reasons, but not for repeating her actions. At least he had a reason for his actions, and helped the women recover some self esteem. He didn’t rub Laurie’s nose in it. If he’d been an asshole about it, no way her father would have referred him to a friend for a job.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart3 months ago

5 stars. Love the trope of the accuser being the cheater themselves and will never complain about a happy ending for those that deserve it. Just darn, the ex was willing to sleep around with 5 other guys while playing dead fish with the husband and leading to 6 divorces. Doesn't even seem like the sex with the other guys was better (unlike the MC and the other wives), just that she was going for quantity over quality.

bhill8671bhill86713 months ago
I am running out of words

to describe just how good your stories are. First rate! Five stars AT LEAST!!!

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Good one. I think you should try a few more shorter stories. Thanks for sharing.

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Serves her right. Laurie got just what she deserved, NOTHING. Empty life.

woodrangewoodrange3 months ago

5 stars all day.

GerMagGerMag3 months ago

Loved it, thank you.

mac1729mac17293 months ago

Another good story

Thanks for writing

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Another 5-star tale with nice helping of snark, with a BTB result on the wife who attacked her husband as a cheater...

...while she was whoring herself out through their whole marriage !

Yes, you hit a bunch of cliches, and still told an enjoyable story.

Nicely done, Sir !

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Improbable as you said but fun to read and no doubt fun to write. ps if you would be so kind, please pretty please look up the correct use of; you, your, you're.

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
Interesting

Tale you always have decent stories.

Calico75Calico753 months ago

Very entertaining and a new (at least to me) discovery method! Thanks!

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

3 stars and I liked the way you told it.

GlancerGlancer3 months ago

Good on ya mate! Good yarn!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dude, I had to stop counting the cliche`s when I hit 100. Excellent story though.

MattblackUKMattblackUK3 months ago

I enjoyed that. It was a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You tend to write an intelligent story Mr Other . Knowing that , I wouldn’t take it this story any Other way , for doing Otherwise would be very unwise indeed . Thank you Mr Other for the Other 24 good reads ! Adding this one rounds it off to a fantastic quarter of a centennial ! I hope you continue writing to beyond the century mark .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didn’t care how the story flowed. Not up to your usual story telling. Just one opinion. 3*

RamazaRamaza3 months ago

I much prefer your normal way of telling a story, this one has an uneven and disrupted flow to it that really isn't your stile, also very short and compressed, which i really don't like, sry but only 3 stars this time.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree3 months ago

That was fun.

And when you look at this fine little story

from the fun angle,

I've got no problem giving it top ratings.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Solid story. Good on the wives of his wife’s orgy partners telling him what was going on. More props to the cheated on ladies for helping him with his revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I liked it!

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf812 months ago

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, funtastic!

Just_GymJust_Gym2 months ago

Unrealistic, fun little story.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

UN-believable!

I love it!

Too bad he did not end up with the twins, but as long as he is happy and they are faithful!

James G 5James G 52 months ago

Pretty fun, once in a while a lighter, funnier, faster read is welcome.

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

A very fun read. 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5 Stars from GW

xtc5xtc5about 2 months ago

Perfect little story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Karma

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoabout 2 months ago

You're light, it's lighter than your other stories but it's still a slam-banger. 5*

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

Light, fun, made me smile.

Not bad at all.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy03513 days ago

Shortest, not your best but not bad. Keep writing, 4 stars.

SatyrDickSatyrDick12 days ago

[27.04.24]

Short - yes, but still up to your high standards.

11/10!!!!!!

rbloch66rbloch6611 days ago

Sweet, sweet redemption!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Would have been 5, but 'Beer' let you down that star, why you ask.

Simple, in most countries what you drink isn't Beer but lager, or blond Beer as some call it, why change the name to Beer, again simple, lager carries a less than defined status about it, doesn't sound so great and is also usually attached to louts....as in drunk all the time.

Beer is also attached to wise older men, that sip it slowly will contemplating the world.

Lager is for the younger stupid drunks, that drink far too much and make idiots of themselves, they think of nothing but the present, how big it makes them and how hung over and stupid it makes them feel the next day.

Beer is a dark brew, bitter and rarely if ever drank from a bottle, it ruins the taste as Beer needs to air.

No don't get confused thinking Guinness is a Beer because it's not, no that one is a stout, a lot darker in colour, and a lot more bitter, also the best one for iron.

So next time you think about 'taking a long swig, or gulping down a mouthful of beer', think again unless you name the brand it's really a lager your dirnking, as you cannot do what you claim to have done with a Beer.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Meh. Unlike my appreciation of your other stories, Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 days ago

She asked for it, she got it... etc. etc. etc. Thank you... great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...