All Comments on 'The Gathering Ch. 04'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Stories

This has been another great story, and has made good reading.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your change of your stories, and I hope to

read many more adventures.

Travelling West, Winterborn, and The Gathering has been superb.

Thank you once again from a very happy U.K. reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
excellent

More of your great stories. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
my humble thanks and praise

you have out done yourself again ! I can't wait for your next story ,or installment. If I only had your writing skill, you are far and away a master of your craft. thank you for all of your efforts, very much appreciate all of this and other series.

L_A_ML_A_Mover 13 years ago

Great don't stop with this story.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years agoAuthor
OOPS

There is a typo in the description of this chapter.

It should read "saga" instead of sage. Maybe I should have my wife and my editor proofread my descriptions too.

Sorry if this error causes any confusion.

To those of you who have read and followed my "trilogy" of The Trail West, Winterborn, and now The Gathering thank you very much for your interest and your comments.

To those of you who may read them, thank you as well.

Your constructive comments and emails are greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Until my next posting, remember Life Goes On, even after the story is finished.

Woodmanone

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Fabulous

A great story. It is such a pleasure to have stories such as this that share history, people, and a great way of life. Hope you'll have another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

oh come on ..theses stories arent over yet...please write more ...i have realy enjoyed the reading

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
MORE

hope there are more like this

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Feel better now after relaxing with your saga, much better.

WMO,

Wonderful story. If your a mind to, please write more.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

seezoozooseezoozooover 13 years ago
nice story

had a nice time reading it..

all 3 series.. n they do come together well

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Louie L'Amour

Could not have done it better. Thank you and please do it again.

rdd1953rdd1953over 13 years ago
good as ever

you sure have a way of putting it all together. I keep loking for your stories every month, and you never fail to surprise me with the way you put them together, and as always they are the best to keep you reading till the happy end.

KELTERISER1172KELTERISER1172about 13 years ago
another good one

totally enjoyed this too - why are you not published?

hoosier76hoosier76almost 12 years ago

Another excellent series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wonderful

I havent enjoyed reading like this in a while. It takes me back to a time long ago when I was pretty young and my father bought me a present of a complete set of Zane Greys novels. Your stories are great. keep writing please!! Bob S

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ERIN GO BRAGH

in the old wild west. TK U MLJ LV NV

Fighting41Fighting41about 11 years ago
Bravo

This series is one of the finest pieces of writing that I've had the pleasure of reading not just on Lit but anywhere.

A fabulous tale magnificently crafted by an excellent word-smith

kennyboy25kennyboy25about 11 years ago
I sincerely hope that this is not the last we meet our three heros and their families. I eagerly await more sir.

I

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
i agree

i really love these characters. please continue.

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
If only.......

If only I were a movie producer we would be negotiating the movie rights by now. Thanks for introducing me to these wonderful characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another Outstanding Story

i have just finished the trilogy and can only say OUTSTANDING. I can only hope you continue to share your stories with us. Thanks Woodmanone.

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Great story

Well done again. Read the whole series and couldn't put it down. I will be looking for your books on Amazon....

Steve150177Steve150177over 8 years ago
Firmly set in "The Legend of the West"

This coment is on the whole Trilogy.

How could a Missouri farmer but a repeating rifle in th Civil War?

How could they have $200 in gold?

If there were RR in Texas then why drive a herd 400 miles to Abalene?

I doubt the south had a telegraph line into Texas in 1863.

The famous Winchester rifle model '73 came out in 1873.

Bandits here sure are stupid. Making frontal charges without firing a shot against repeating rifles. Riding up to talk with their guns in their holsters. Getting gunned down right and left. It is a wonder they lived long enough to meet the heros.

I could go on.

But, I liked the story, it held my attention.

One thing though. Really good stories have characters who grow, improve, go nuts, change in some way. All these characters start smart, brave, good, and fast draw. They don't need the change much. They are already perfect.

hal1951hal1951over 8 years ago
Historical Errors?

the Henry rifle was the first repeating rifle ever mass produced which was during the early part of the civil war, they were to expensive to be used by the soldiers but some of the officers on both sides had them. Later Remington also produced and repeating rifle. Winchester bought out Henry's business and changed the design a little for their repeater.

Gold coin was a lot more stable than paper currency back then and anyone with special skills such as gentaling horses without breaking their spirit could make a very good living. My ancestors came to Yell County Arkansas in the 1840's from Alabama to get away from the slave holders. They farmed, raised cattle and horses and a whole passel of younguns for more than a hundred years. I still have letters and journals written in those times. I also have an original Henry repeating rifle as well as an original Winchester 73 along the several Colt and Remington handguns from the civil war and later.

It was hard times back then, harder than most of us today can even imagine and it took hard men and strong women to make. I thank God they did or me and mine would not be here to read these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
gathring 04

again I get tired repeating myself you are as good as anyone I have read. and life goes on.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well done!

I've read a couple of your stories, enjoyed them, and look forward to reading more. I must say they are unusual for Literotica submissions, but they are very interesting and enjoyable. Thank you, Mike

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It was an interesting saga

very dramatic. quite entertaining.

It required suspension of historical credibility however. But, if you didn't look too closely and just paid attention to the action it became easier to forgive the liberties taken for the sake of the storyline.

What happened to the parents of Danni and Sarah?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love

It must be love, because I love all your Westerns. Keep them coming please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Trail West and the Gathering

I loved both the trail west and the gathering. Especially like the way you combined the two stories. You could do a book out of these.

LwcbyLwcbyover 4 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed immensely, could have been a bit longer. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome story

Yeah!, the worse thing about a good story such as the ones this author writes is that eventually they have to come to an end.

I wish they would go on forever

Thanks so much for your excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good

This series is one of the best I've read.

mcleanwdmcleanwdalmost 4 years ago
Thanks

This is one of my favorite series. I just couldn't put it down. It flowed together perf. It remi ed me of a Louis L'amour novel.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Loved this series! I love Westerns. Well threaded together. Would have liked to have seen Hobart again though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If you are still monitoring this site, just know your series were the best.

The author has led the reader through multiple series which coincide smoothly from the first to the last. Closing one's eyes and remembering each series, the adventures are vivid and make perfect sense. Author, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Read...

"Yes em" for the "Yes'm" I'm used to seeing threw me, but outside that, even the odd wrong homonym didn't pull me out of the flow while reading.

PogSmithPogSmithabout 2 years ago

Great Trilogy! Really enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sure wish you continue this story. It is great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just finished rereading the trilogy and enjoyed again so much.great characters and great stories how about a sequel great westerns are hard to find thankyou for your superb writing

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Awesome, enjoy a great western tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Link these two story's was great loved them

linnearlinnear12 months ago

Great to see everyone in one story.

DarknsDarkns12 months ago

Love a good western and this trilogy delivers. My second time reading … or is it my third? Lol.

I have recommended @Woodmanone’s western stories when and where I can and to anyone that will listen or read in various comments.

If I could I’d give another ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

Thanks. Grat trilogy of stories. 2nd reading for me. Split Trails Ranch, by someone else,

is another good saga.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 Stars for the whole series so far, this is the 2nd time I've read them, you can never tire of a well thought out and very interesting, exciting and at times emotional story, Woodmanone you are up there with the best. Thanks a lot, Tony (from the UK)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Enjoyed the trilogy. Your descriptions and story telling were appreciated. Want to add another?

Thanks

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 month ago

Wonderful series of stories. Second read for me, i just love good Westerns. Five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES