All Comments on 'The General's Wife'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 198 Comments (Page 2)
Smiffy69Smiffy6912 months ago

Great story, worthy of more that 5 stars. The only shortcoming was that I wanted it to be longer as I enjoyed it so much.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lol , loved your parting comment ! This was a well written mixture of fact and fiction and imo it was a joy to read . I do have a small question - is this a bit of a poke at one of the most talented quarterbacks in NFL history , the beloved John Elway ? With his auto dealerships in Colorado , the similarities end there , as his business professionalism is impeccable.

SayforeSayfore12 months ago

Long intro, but love the burn at the end...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Give credit where it's due:

.

Your "McQueen Ranch" was based on the King Ranch, currently 850,000 acres, just southwest of Corpus Christi, next to Kingsville, Tx. Right?

.

I think your "Buckman's BBQ" is probably Corkscrew BBQ, owned and operated by Will and Nichole Buckman. Their BBQ is great, but you might start a fight if you say it's the best... everybody has a favorite and they're not afraid to say so.

.

Good story, very well written. I'm expecting big things from you, I'll be keeping an eye out. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nicely done, and thank you for writing for us! I literally caught myself thinking “what, Juan Pablo died?”, so you’re able to write smoothly and tell a story. That alone puts you into the >4.5 area.

Ignore the legion of assholes, keyboard warriors, and other massively damaged excuses for XY chromosome, it’s just part of the territory.

Please don’t worry overly about the occasional stray into well used territory. It’s about weaving a compelling story first. You’re quite good, I hope you keep writing!

HeypossumHeypossum12 months ago

Loved it 5 stars

leofric35leofric3512 months ago

Thank you for posting this great story. As has been said, could have been longer because I enjoyed it so much - looks like that creative writing course from earlier has paid dividends. I’ll put you on the “follow” list so I don’t miss any stories! Thanks again

OvercriticalOvercritical12 months ago

Good fun! A ridiculous plot to be sure, but when you're in Fantasyland...you write fantasy. I have to say that I do find it completely unrealistic when the whole world descends on the cheater and the cheated-on "victim" wins big. That's not the way the world works, but again....it is Fantasyland, not the world. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This story feels much like the Alamo, completely fictitious and solely aimed at promoting a lie.

patilliepatillie12 months ago

Really good homie! I almost bailed on the first page, I hate Hollywood and everything it stands for and about, but glad I persevered. You have a breadth of knowledge that is stunning about general things. And can use that in ways relatable to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

2 nd story rocks. A star is born.

verbicideverbicide12 months ago

Well written, though a little long for a BTB story with close to no erotic content on an erotic stories site.

inka2222inka222212 months ago

Amazing work, thank you for enjoyable read! Easy 5 stars.

rruymannrruymann12 months ago

ENIJOYABLE. I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE STORIES.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Amazing story. Would have loved to get a scene or two more about Jack and Maria, it would have made it that much sweeter. It's the Hollywood moment that you missed. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Gobsmacked means; "so surprised, it was as if you had been hit in the mouth". Gob means mouth and smacked means well, smacked.

RobertJNortonRobertJNorton12 months ago

Wonderful---I've enjoyed this website of stories for a while and have wandered from author to author.

I accidentally came upon the "Marriage Councilor" and thought it was so well done that I looked to find more by same Author.

Happily I came upon this Generals story. It was VERRY well done. I loved it. Every bit.

Im really peeved that you have not written more --- please hurry-hurry. I & We are waiting.

Tell us when to look THANKS for the enjoyable pleasure you have given so far. More, Soon.

KirkelKirkel12 months ago

I hope you continue this story. Its a wrk for of art!

So much back story available!

I can’t wait for you to get an editor who will help you fill it all in, before you finish this one!

Love it

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

I guess Kathy traded down with hooking up with DaBull!

5

jon991gjon991g12 months ago

Another great story, very enjoyable.

More please.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I enjoyed your writing

Keep up with the effort. your story telling is engaging

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Superb storyline. Quite a tour-de-force in 5 pages.

ArdieffArdieff12 months ago

Entertaining story ;-) Maria was starting to veer into super-hero terriory.

A_BierceA_Bierce12 months ago

A well-written fantasy that sounds authentic, can't ask for much more than that. Welcome to the snake pit of Literotica; I hope you took the time to read the sign over the gate: "Abandon all hope ye [writers] who enter here." In the Navy we enlisted pukes called officers who began as enlisted "mustangs" and firmly believed they were the best because they knew shit from Shinola® and didn't buy the conventional wisdom that "fair is a place where men in overalls throw cow chips for distance." Do keep writing, please, and ignore the monkeys who think it's funny to throw their turds at poor saps who write stories for free.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Have to admit I enjoyed the story immensely.

All the content to drive home the plot with a parsity of drivel about bedroom scenes.

No revenge plots poorly conceived much less believable and an ending that satisfied the burning desire for extreme reactions.

Well done.

danbo56danbo5611 months ago

not going to comment to much other than to say enjoyed this story and I await your next 4 stars for me

jazzharpjazzharp11 months ago

From "Mother, what brings you up from Hades?" to "Meet the stupidest woman in America" turned this into a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Mexicans and Spaniards do not resemble each other physically, Spaniards are Europeans, Mexicans are mostly indigenous people converted to Catholicism who adopted the Spanish culture during the colonial era. I know the cliche that exists in America that all of us who speak Spanish are the same and Spanish actors like Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz have to get tanned with rays to fit that stereotype, but Spaniards are not like that, obviously Spaniards from the south are more tanned than those from the north in the same way that someone from California will be more tanned than someone from Maine, but that's about it.

I myself am a Spanish girl, blonde, blue-eyed and whiter than milk. I don't understand this merging of Mexico and Spain. That strange Spexico only exists in the minds of certain ignorant Americans. Just because we speak the same language does not make us the same physically.

A North American is physically the same as a Kenyan or a Belizean because they both speak English as their official language? The same thing happens in Hispanic countries. Hispanics can be of all colors, religions and razes, Hispanic is not a race, it is a culture, and Mexico is just one more Hispanic country, it is not the standard to describe more than 20 countries in 3 different continents.

Depending on the region where they are, or the immigration flows during the colonial era, Mexico was heavily populated, so there was little European immigration, while Chile was sparsely populated and if there was much European immigration, because of that Mexico is mostly indigenous, while Chile is mostly white. That does not mean that in Mexico there are no white Mexicans or in Chile there are no chileans descendants of indigenous people, i am talking about the general aspect.

A Spaniard is no different from an Italian or a Frenchman.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a great story. I loved the line when Maria Elena told Jack, When we’ve been married for a few years’… I can just imagine his mouth going up and down like a fish out of water. There were a couple of holes that I would have liked to have seen fleshed out more, but the overall story was great, Five star stuff. Thanks, Offkilter, I look to seeing

more of your work.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

offkilter123offkilter12311 months agoAuthor

Comment about the comment about the difference between being Mexican and Spanish. I am well aware of the difference. I have dated a woman of Castilian ancestry and also a woman from Mexico City (and one from El Salvador). The only character in the story that did not know the difference between being Spanish and Mexican was Kathy. And I believe the last line of the story explains why.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

No, the one who didn't know her was you, since you described them as the same and that's why the ex-wife of the main character confused them.

richard_frichard_f11 months ago

Great story. Re the proofreading, try Grammerly. It's an AI-driven writing assistant that checks spelling, punctuation, grammar, tone, etc. It works in any browser window, and the Office apps. It will also suggest rewrites. It's pretty amazing if you do a lot of writing.

Elias1Elias111 months ago

You are a very good writer... keep it up !

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I was hoping Maria Elena’s brother, Iñigo would appear

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story!

A_7678A_767811 months ago

You tell a wonderful story and well written. 5 star

lerenardruselerenardruse11 months ago

Great story, the ending was a killer, very satisfying.

bhill8671bhill867111 months ago
Fantastic story!

Well done,well done indeed!!! 5+ stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

FYI, the XIT was the biggest ranch....roughly 3 million acres. In Texas 800k acres is a real nice starter ranch ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

***** Enjoyable! Thank you

oddtomas1oddtomas19 months ago

Excellent story

Xzy89c1Xzy89c19 months ago

This was great. How about a story about a sicario? With an amazing border crossing shootout please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ha!

nogravynogravy9 months ago

Prime! five stars from me!

Corny1974Corny19749 months ago

Second reading and still five stars of enjoyment. Thank you.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

authors should take note... negative reactions to stories are not people taking them too seriously, not all readers lack that grasp of fiction and reality... but the psychological triggers in tragic stories of infidelity, divorce and humiliation, along with good writing and characters that strike a chord, cause the reader to feel real anxiety.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 months ago

Brilliant! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

brian_scoobybrian_scooby8 months ago

Very good read..

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank-you

6King6King8 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nice!

114FSO114FSO8 months ago

Five Stars.

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Great application and integration of military into this story. Having been in the Army myself as an officer, I do understand how politics works in the officer ranks. No complaints on my part. I did my job as requested/required.

This story truly portrays how some of the spouses of military personal minimize the commitment it takes to be a spouse, support the military member, and play on emotions. Simply looking for a step up, for more entitlements. I guess she got what she deserved, throwing away a soldier, Flag Officer, none the less. Serves her proper to be burnt sage brush.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Greatly enjoyed the story. Thank for the writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well done. Thought the ending needed a little more text and drama. Perhaps a little more about the Bullard divorce and remorse. Danny needed to be personaly burned by Jack. A little more of Jack's romance and plans. However, last line was stupendous.

Oblique reference to Clarence Thomas was an annoying distraction that did not help the story in any way.

Mfj

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very thin... But worth a 3

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If fiction can be greater than life, then this would be choice in this crazy millennia. It is a better option to entertain than listening to Republican candidates for the president of the United States. Glad that the general doesn't get sucked into current conflicts.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Thougherly

A thoroughly good story.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson7 months ago

The last line is brilliant!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I got board before I finished the first page. If you want to write a fucking novel, find another outlet!!!

trucker1965trucker19657 months ago

Another "expert" on the Army showing a complete lack of knowledge and total ignorance of the Army.

shopratshoprat6 months ago

I'm reading your stuff in the order you wrote them. This one was the best yet by far!

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft6 months ago

A great read. I especially enjoy the dialogue and the pithy bits of Texas detail. Your characterization of Fort Worth and Dallas (in this story) and Wichita Falls (in another story) are hilarious and spot on. :) 5*

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Long full of details of details, I liked the plot but it was, to my view, just too wordie, .….

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Like it so far and being a native Texan I do like the scene setting.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

For the rest of the world Texas is a nowhere place full of stupid gun happy brain dead dipshits. You might want to consider that you are writing on a world wide publication.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

To the Texas basher below me.... Why are you whining about Texas when we have states like CA that are going broke, mutilating children behind their parents backs and so on? Libtards.... Am I right?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the fantasy thoroughly! Thanks.

It seems odd to have state bashing in a forum like this, but it is obvious that neither understands that we are the UNITED States of America. United we stand and divided we will fall. Such a pity.

jalbertjalbert5 months ago

you are really becoming one of favorites this was another great story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it well done. I wish more was focused on the Generals romance with the hot actress but it was still good.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

🤣😁😉🤷👍👍👍👍💯💯💯🙋🙋good one!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Story - 5. Good story. Kinda weird focus on racism in Texas. Lived a lot of places. Some very serious racists in New Jersey and California. And bigots - hating other religious and ethnic group members. I actually found the south less racist/bigoted. It was there but not as mean. Some good ole boys would go much further in helping blacks in trouble than northerners, even boys with Confederate flag license plates on their front bumper. And the comment about the Supreme Court justice seemed very racist to me.

arnowolarnowol5 months ago

Magnificent! 10**********

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That was so much fun! Thank you.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0354 months ago

Great story, loved it first time I read it and loved it again now.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great five ⭐️ story, for sure. Please keep writing, OK123!

ttjbjr54ttjbjr544 months ago

Great story Definitely a 5 Star rating. Keep on writing. Possible sequel?

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

man that was a lot of names

RimmerdalRimmerdal4 months ago

How to do this.

Okay. This could be a full blown excellent story. However, you have introduced so many great characters that need quite a bit of their story told.

What I recommend is this: Even it it were to mean having others chip in to help write I would pull this story. Break out stories of the main characters, then tie in this story. I would actually flesh out this story as you have a possible great fight between Kathy and Jack in the beginning. A very romantic part with the romance of Maria and Jack. Her very great 'Hunting' and romancing of Jack would be super.

As it is it is very nice story with hints of greatness within it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Skip all the irrelevent local stuff about Texas and the army and the rest is a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not very concise, but still a good read. 4 stars 🌟

Bill S.

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

A very nice bit of fluff. Very skillfully told. I would really enjoy a deeper look into most of the characters. Especially Kelsey. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

Texican1830Texican18302 months ago

Loved the characters, the detail, and the style. Excellent story.!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

That's a pretty darn good story, as evidenced by a pretty high score for Literotica. I loved it! And the connection to Yellowstone and Taylor Sheridan is done very well. Thank You!!

RobcolesRobcolesabout 2 months ago

Excellent. I’m reading all your work after the first one, alphabetically, pulled me in. Some do have issues, such as missing words in a couple of sentences, and using the wrong names. One thing they all have in common though, is they’re a million miles better than anything I could ever write 😜

Keep up the good work. This one’s a solid 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I’m sorry, you expect to believe that a member of the US Rangers would passively accept the disrespect that arsehole Bullard showed him in his own without any form of physical retribution? Are you mad? I am assuming that u have never served let alone in Special Forces. I can assure that I have and arsehole Bullard would not be capable of any form of sex if that happened in my house. Apart from that good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I have to say this made excellent reading, with one caveat. As a former member of British airborne and special forces, who has served alongside 82nd Airborne and Rangers, I have to agree with the previous correspondents comments. No one I served with, British or American, would have allowed that level if disrespect to go unpunished..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

While the writing was a bit thin, I found few obvious errors. Certainly nothing to downgrade a decent story from five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This was such a fun read and there were actually a couple of LOL moments that had people looking at me in a doctors waiting room but who cares, when something is that good and that funny then you let it fly. This got five big ⭐️ and it would have been six if bit for the two facts that this should have been longer and they don’t allow more than five stars. I would even be willing to borrow one from somebody else’s story that I gave stars to but nobody got back to me on that. Thanks for everything you put into your writing, it really shows through.

Lexx

Caldwel2Caldwel2about 2 months ago

Total fun read. I’m Texan and love the take on our “history.” The burn on the Supreme Court justice was hilarious.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 2 months ago

I liked it, BUT,,, it should have been longer!!!!

Great Story, just wish it had lasted longer. Maybe write part 2,3, etc... Anywho, 5stars...

pickles7847pickles7847about 1 month ago

good guys were too good, bad guys were too bad. no shades of gray to build tension. otherwise entertaining

za_robionyza_robiony18 days ago

Vivat Texas ! 5*

menon61menon6114 days ago

Great story. You spent a little too much time on the cheaters and not enough time on the general and Maria. Loved the humor in the story.

UncleGrahamUncleGraham5 days ago

As you have probably learnt in the last year, you can't proof-read your own stories. You know what's coming, so you see what is in your head, and not what's on the page.

Otherwise, I loved it, so it's a Five from me.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader4 days ago

this story was so good, it should be novel length

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 hours ago

second time was as good as the first,thanks .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories