The Geodomes: Beta

Story Info
Geodome Beta.
25.6k words
4.44
12.9k
8
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ben stared up at the geodome towering over him, ignoring the crowds of people yelling and waving and all of the cameras pointed in their direction. He didn't like things he couldn't figure out and the geodomes were an enigma to him. Of course they were a publicity stunt, everyone knew that. Everyone. But that didn't explain how they seemed to just pop up overnight, or the tech involved in them. They were indestructible, he had seen dozens of youtube videos of people trying. Even C4 and thermite. Not even a scorch mark. If the videos weren't fake then that was impossible. That made the geodomes more than they seemed.

Still, it hadn't kept him from answering the invitation to come and see. What was the worst that could happen? At worst, it would be a boring weekend with a bunch of douchebags like the two boys he had already met. One a twitch streamer, the other a youtuber both teaming up to make a vlog all weekend. They were in line now, talking over the top of a short girl who was as out of place as Ben was. Most of the girls were the hot, social types, outgoing and loud. Perfect hair, perfect make-up. The kind Ben liked to look at and wished he could snag, at least for a night.

He glanced behind him and down at the girl behind him. She was waving and smiling for all she was worth. Her perfect black hair in a severe ponytail and not a single hair out of place. Her make-up so perfect, she looked like she did tutorials for it online. She may very well do just that.

"Hey, I'm Ben," he offered.

Her smile faltered as she looked up at him, then rolled her eyes. "Not interested. You know it's like over eighty out here right? What's with the jacket?"

Ben gripped the lapels of his jacket anxiously, feeling defensive. "It's a '9-for-nine' jacket. You know, the anime?"

"Anime? Porno cartoons for weirdos?"

"That's Hentai, not anime..."

"Whatev's. Not interested, perv."

Ben turned around, his face red. Bitch. It didn't matter, it's not like he would have to see her again after this weekend, or the other girl he had introduced himself to. She hadn't even spoken, just turned her nose up and turned away. His best friend had promised him he wasn't ugly, he was even hot in a geek-cute way. His problem was his demeanor, not his looks. So she swore. Her girlfriend agreed, saying he was just way too intense for the average girl. And he needed to smile more. And be less obscure with his references.

He was yanked out of his thoughts.

"Go, perv!" the girl said loudly.

He was next in line, the door was open, waiting for him. He went in, scowling. He would have to avoid being around that girl on camera, she was the type to cause drama just to cause it.

He went through an air blast room, then an ultraviolet room. He didn't know that for certain, it was just what he called them in his head. In the larger room with the others, he moved back against the wall to watch all of them. See their dynamic. Who was nice and who was a douche. He noticed the short girl standing off by herself as well, her head down. He wouldn't know she was a girl if she didn't have a long, curly ponytail poking out the opening of her snapback ballcap. It was faded red, with a tractor supply company on it. It looked older than she was. She had on overalls that looked like they were bought in the little boys section and a t-shirt with actual holes in it. It was like she was purposefully thumbing her nose at the snobbish and perfectly coiffed girls surrounding her. Even the guys looked more hot than her. He wondered why she came if she was obviously so disdainful of all of the publicity. This was nothing but publicity. Unless she assumed it wasn't? Maybe she thought she knew something the rest of them didn't? He wondered about her now.

He tabled her for later now that the mean girl was in. That was all of them.

"Now that you have all arrived," the feminine electronic voice intoned, "please step through to the main pathway and follow it to the first guide dome."

The door on the far side opened. Ben fell in behind everyone else so he could watch the others. The short girl had been near the door and she was eagerly the first person through. She was excited. Not for the publicity, it had to do with what was inside.

When he made it to the door, he looked around and was a little disappointed. It was... like being in the country. Not really different from where they were at all. He had been hoping for something out of a movie, but it was a giant dome filled with... the countryside it was built on. The only difference was the path and the smaller dome building he could see in the distance.

Everyone was walking along the path, talking loudly, laughing, joking, calling out and acting like they were being filmed. For all Ben knew, they were.

He paused next to the short girl who was knelt down on the path, her fingers in the dirt. "You good?" he asked her.

"Yeah... It's not local," she said, sounding surprised. "It's nutrient rich and..." she trailed off, standing suddenly and turning away from him. Not that she had ever looked up or shown her face, hiding it under the bill of her cap. She started down the trail, hugging herself. Ben followed, scowling. Her rebuff hadn't been cruel or mean spirited, she was shy. Still. He was 0 for 3.

He caught up with her, not wanting to be left behind when they got to the next dome. "You from here?" he asked her.

She shrugged.

"I'm from Beaumont. I am going to go to college in Fayetteville though. You?"

"I'm not. I'm just a farmer."

"Oh. Well, couldn't tell," he joked lightly.

She hunched in on herself further.

"I don't know why I am bothering with college though," he went on, trying to get her to relax. "It's not like I need it. I know what I am going into and I have a job lined out. Mom just made me swear before... anyway. I'm sort of a techie. Not to be confused with a trekkie. Electronics too, but mostly coding and junk. You like computers?"

"Not really. The new combine has a sophisticated system on it, but that's it. I don't think I could fix it... I can fix the old Massey though. No electronics, all mechanical."

"Yeah? Like a grease monkey?"

She had been starting to relax a little, but now she hunched down again.

"That's cool," Ben said quickly, trying to fix it. "I wish I knew more about mechanical stuff. You really 18? I know they said we all are, but what are you? Not even five feet."

Her pace quickened.

"No offense! I mean, I hear shit about my height all the time. You know? Get called stupid names. Just opposite end of it. So are you? Even five feet?"

"No," she answered angrily.

Ben sighed dismally and followed her into the little dome building. It was round and it was like a small theatre with 3 rows of 6 seats. Water and food on a back shelf. Ben sat in the seat closest to him in the back, watching the short girl sit in the closest seat in the front row.

"Please be seated and watch the live coverage about to be presented," the feminine robotic voice said.

A few people kept trying the other door and laughed and talked, ignoring the voice as they yelled for someone to come out and talk to us. Acting like there were cameras and they knew they could see them.

"Please be seated and watch the live coverage about to be presented," the voice said again.

"Sit down, assholes!" A boy in the front said from his seat, yelling at the douchebags who were acting like idiots.

They jeered at the serious boy, but they all sat down. Once they were all seated, the screen lit up. It showed the earth from a distance, like a satellite image, then began rapidly zooming in.

"I've seen this one!" one of the boys shouted. "It sucks!"

Several people laughed, but most were watching the screen as it stopped above the dome they were in. It zoomed lower, panning over the crowd, the cameras. Peoples families.

"Hey fuckers!" a boy yelled.

"Fuck you Dalton!" another boy yelled at a boy on the screen who was pointing his camera at the dome.

The camera began pulling back, further and further, only slightly closer than it had been when the image appeared. Seconds later, red blossoms appeared everywhere until there was no green, only fire. The dome lit up like fire. The short girl stood, her hands over her mouth. Ben stood and staggered back, shaking his head. There were some shouts and a scream, then someone started laughing.

"Nice try assholes!" a male voice shouted.

A girl broke down sobbing, falling to the floor.

"No, hey, he's right. This is bullshit, there is no way this just happened!" he said as the firelight faded and the camera began zooming back in to blackened earth. It showed the dome, unscathed and desolate, barren landscape around it.

"Nice try!" the first voice said again. "Let us out!"

The screen went dark.

"Welcome to Beta Dome, your new home. We have chosen nine viable regional candidates from each sex to start over in this region. Within the dome, you will find everything you need to start over. There are nine domiciles within the dome for when you are done pairing. Your jobs will become apparent once you reach the second waystation within the dome. As time passes, you will be returned here to speak with those from other domes to communicate what your needs are once the domes are opened. You have 48 hours to talk amongst yourselves and elect a leader and find a partner. If you have not done so in the time provided, one will be assigned to you. Please, exit this waystation through the door on the north and head to the next waystation."

The north door opened.

"Fuck you! Fuck you ALL, this is bullshit! I am calling BS right now, none of this happened! This is some new reality show innit?" one of the loud douchebags demanded. Douchebag #1.

"Please proceed to the next waystation," the voice said pleasantly. "In one minute, this room will be filled with toxic gas."

"What?" a girl asked hysterically, breaking down into loud sobs.

"Everyone out! Now! March, go!" The loudmouth from earlier demanded. "Everyone up and get moving. You too princess, get up and go! Out!"

He herded everyone out and followed behind Ben. Ben felt numb. Was that real? He had no one left, not really. His mom had died a few months back to lung cancer and she was all he had had left. Still, this was like a punch to the gut, leaving him breathless and disoriented.

"Stay together!" Bossy yelled "Stay close and keep moving. You in the red, help the girl with the tank top. Keep going and stay on the path. Sooner we get there, sooner we figure out what the hell is going on!"

"We know what is going on!" Douchebag #1 said. "It's some reality show, it ain't real!"

"Shut up and walk!" Bossy demanded.

Ben moved to walk with bossy. "Military?" he asked.

"ROTC. I was about to leave for basic after this weekend."

"What were you going to do?"

"My MOS? I was going to go into infantry. What about you? Are you like... one of those goth kids? Nice snakebites. That's a lot of ink."

"No... Just bad luck with coloring. My dad's native american hair and my mom's pale complexion. It's not dyed." Ben said grumpily, combing his hair back with his fingers. "Ink is all from anime I love. Umm. I'm into electronics, computers, coding. That kind of stuff."

"You think you could get the doors that lock behind us to open?"

"I'd have to look at them. How many people do you think are here? What are they planning?"

"I don't know, but we may need to get a plan together quick when they show themselves. We need to get out of here, see if this is real."

"If it is, it's just us left. Us and whoever is in the other domes. Do you know how close the next closest dome is?"

"The one outside Denver. Hey! Suntan! Keep moving and help braids there!"

"It's not a suntan asshole, I'm Pakistani."

"Don't care! Help braids!"

"My name is Jasmine!" Braids said with a scowl over her shoulder at Bossy.

"Jasmine?" Bossy asked. "Are you Korean?"

"Yes?" she answered, confused.

"Just not a common Korean name," Bossy said.

"Racist much, asshole?" she asked.

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone. And I am hispanic. Keep moving! Let's go! You, sleeveless. Help overalls there."

"I don't need help!" the short girl said angrily, jerking away from the hand that touched her shoulder. "This is Jarava Ichu, this grass here. It doesn't grow here or anywhere around here. It's from like, Peru, or Chile. Not here. And the soil... It's not native either. Look..."

"Great, bumpkin, get up. Keep moving," Bossy demanded, pulling her to her feet by her overall straps.

"Don't touch me!" she snarled, twisting out of his grip. "Don't ever touch me!"

"Yeah, not gonna be a problem," Bossy snorted. "Everyone, straight inside! Hurry up and stay close. Don't go wandering off when you get inside! Suntan, keep everyone together!"

They all piled into the next dome, into what looked like a living room with couches, TV screens, bookshelves and more. There were halls to the left and right and what looked like a kitchen straight ahead.

The electronic voice spoke up. "Welcome to your temporary home. Please, make yourselves comfortable. To the west are the dorms where you will each find a room specially designed for you and your needs. To the east are the rooms with your amenities. To the north is the kitchen and the door leading to the outer buildings. For now you will be staying here until you have chosen your partners, gotten a feel for your jobs and have elected a leader.

Let's go ahead and start.

Everyone please be seated so we can go ahead and start."

"Sit down!" Bossy yelled to the three people still standing and looking down the halls.

They sat, glaring at Bossy.

"Let's go ahead and start. Warren Mills, please stand up." A very large country boy with curly red hair and what looked like the start of a mullet stood up. "This is War and he will be the veterinarian. The vet bay is attached to the barn to the northeast of this waystation. Warren will be working closely with Christian, Peter and Charlotte.

Stacey Warner, please stand up." Stacey was on the short side, and waifish with short, jaw length, thin brown hair. "This is Stace and she will be your midwife for the many babies to be born in the dome. The medbay is located in the east bay, first door on the right. Stace will be working closely with Constance and Tallia.

Damian Garcia, please stand up." Bossy stood, looking guarded. "This is Dame. Dame will work in masonry, rebuilding or repairing structures as needed. The masonry is located next to the smithy across from the barn to the north. Dame will be working closely with Laila, Saul, Jesse and Abigail.

Jasmine Morgan, please stand up." Damian sat, looking pissed as the Korean girl with the braids stood. "This is Jazzy and she will be your seamstress. The design studio is in the east bay. Jazzy will be working closely with Holly and Charlotte.

Christian Peterson, please stand up." The boy who stood made Ben immediately think 'WASP'. Blonde hair, blue eyes, rich. Douchebag #2. "This is Chris and he will be your livestock farmer."

"What? What the fuck?" Chris asked angrily. "We had fucking horses that my sister rode in dressage, that's it!"

"Chris will be working in the barn located to the north and east of the waystation. Chris will be working closely with Warren, Peter, Charlotte and Todd.

Constance Bullock, please stand up." Constance was tall for a girl, with short hair and well muscled arms. She had a prominently displayed pride rainbow tattoo on her arms and she looked pissed as she stood there with her arms crossed. "This is Conner and she will be your herbalist. Conner will be working closely with Charlotte, Stacey, Tallia and Haleema.

Peter Wilkerson, please stand up." Peter was an average guy who looked like he could have been from anywhere. A face that could have had a thousand backgrounds. Like he was a dozen nationalities poured into a single, average sized man. "This is Pacemaker and he will be your butcher."

"You are fucking Pacemaker? The twitch god?" a yet to be introduced boy asked, jumping up.

"Be seated until you are introduced or you will be punished," the voice announced.

Unnamed boy sat, looking terrified.

"Pacemaker will be working in the kitchen and in the barn. He will be working closely with Warren, Christian, Charlotte, Todd and Holly.

Tallia King, please stand up." Tallia was a very tall african american girl with an almost shaved head. She looked like a queen in some movie, she was stunning. She was also bitch #1 in Ben's mind, the first girl who had sneered at him when he'd said hello. "This is Tallia and she will be your Medic. She will be working in the medbay in the east bay, first door on the right. Tallia will be working closely with Warren, Stacey, and Constance.

Jesse Orr, please stand up." Douchebag #1 stood up, scowling at the ceiling at the disembodied voice. He wasn't WASPish like Christian, but only because he didn't have the money behind him. "This is JesstheMess and he will be your woodworker. The woodshop is located next to the smithy across from the barn. JesstheMess will be working closely with Saul.

Haleema Nguyen, please stand up." Haleema was a beautiful Indian girl who kept her eyes down like she had been raised in an awkward household. Ben perked with interest. She was gorgeous! Maybe shy instead of a bitch? "This is Hally and Hally will be your beekeeper. She will be working on the southeast corner of the waystation within sight of the barn. Hally will be working closely with Charlotte, Constance and Todd.

Saul Prince, please stand up." Saul was an awkward looking boy who hadn't grown into his head yet. His ears, his mouth, his nose, all cartoonishly large. "This is PrinceOblivion and he will be your carpenter. The woodshop is located next to the smithy across from the barn. PrinceOblivion will be working closely with Jesse and Laila.

Charlotte Bradshaw, please stand up." The short girl in overalls looked even smaller now that she was with all of the other people in the group. She kept her head down, her bill hiding her face. All you could see about her was that she was tiny and she had red hair under that ball cap, long curls hanging down her back. "This is Charlie and she will be in charge of agriculture including fields, gardens and orchards. Charlie will be working from a plot map in her room. Charlie will be working closely with Christian, Constance, Haleema, and Todd.

Todd Baker, please stand up." Todd was the boy who had spoken earlier and was threatened by the voice for standing. He was cautious about standing now as he looked around. Todd was too geeky to be a WASP and too awkward with his overgrown blonde nest on his head and generous mouth. "This is Todd and he will be your chef. Todd will work in the kitchen and he will work closely with Charlotte, Haleema, and Peter.

Holly Hoffman, please stand." Holly was tall and skinny with a pixie haircut and huge blue eyes. Her blue eyes were swollen and red now and she looked awful as her lower lip trembled. "This is Holly and she will be your leathercrafter. The design studio is in the east bay near the other amenities. Holly will be working closely with Peter, Jasmine and Christian.

Khalid Scott, please stand up." Suntan stood, glowering at the ceiling. "This is KhaliMah and he will be your blacksmith. The smithy is located across from the barn next to the woodshop. KhaliMah will be working closely with Damian, Jesse, Saul and Laila.

Laila Robinson, please stand up." The girl who stood was lush. That was the first word Ben thought of when he looked her over. Full and stunning with her shoulder length black curls and big blue eyes. Her full lips looked kissable. Ben had an immediate crush. "This is LayLadyLay and she will be your site engineer. She will be drawing up plans for any structures needed within the dome, or large scale repairs needed. LayLadyLay will be working closely with Damien and Saul. The drafting room adjoins the electronics room in the east wing.