The Ghost Ch. 01

Story Info
Continued story of Tank Lawson.
39.5k words
4.8
8.5k
14

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BBELLC
BBELLC
249 Followers

Stories of Mark 'Tank' Lawson

*******************************

Attention Readers*** This is a work of fiction. Any characters or events described in this story is strictly coincidental. These events are strictly coming from my imagination. All characters are above the age of consent, and there are a couple of sex scenes in this one, so if you are against that, please do not read.

I thank every one of you who have shown support for this character and series. It brings me so much joy to explore with him.

*****************************

March 3rd, 2019 - Oklahoma City, OK

Mark Lawson, sat across from Scott Maywood, his friend from high school, talking about old times and how Scott was able to seize Lorrie. Mark was dating the head cheerleader at the time, and he knew Lorrie fairly well, as she was co-captain of the team. Scott and Mark had several classes together since Eminence IN was such a small town, and they struck a friendship because Scott would get bullied, and Mark would protect him. They both lived out beyond the town limits and were close neighbors by three miles.

"Mark, I still can't believe you pulled off the best date ever for me. It was the best night of my life." Scott took a drink of his rum.

Mark chuckled, "It was easy, Lorrie wasn't seeing anyone and she was tired of jocks. It wasn't hard to convince her Scotty."

"It helped when you told her I slept with your sister and she said I was the best lay in the county."

Mark smirked, "A little white lie didn't hurt. Besides you lost your 'V' card that night and as we all say, the rest is history."

Scott became serious for a minute. "When are you going to be honest with Kelsey?"

"What you talking about, I'm always honest to her."

"Hmm, right." Scott took a gulp of the rum in his hand finishing it off. "Have you told her anything of your past? Your family, your wife, kids? Anything?"

Mark looked down at his half-filled glass of bourbon before he sat it down on the table beside him. "She isn't ready to hear, and I'm not sure she wants to hear about me and my past. She has enough on her plate. She lost her entire family as well."

Scott shook his head, "I never understood you. The strongest and toughest son of a bitch I ever have known, but you are the dumbest."

"Hey wait a minute Scotty, I was third in our class."

"Yeah out of fifty." Scott fired back. "Look, I know there is an age difference, but this girl has grown up since she has been with you. She is more mature than Lorrie in some ways. She would not only listen to you, but understand and help you with what you are going through. You really need to let the pain and anger go; it isn't healthy man."

About that time, the den door opened and Kelsey walked in. "Hey guys, can you come into the kitchen? Lorrie just received a call and she is crying; I can't understand anything she is saying."

Both men stood and rushed to Lorries' side. Scott held her trying to get her to calm down, as Mark picked up her cell phone that had fallen on the floor. The last number was her mother, so he hoped it wasn't her dad was sick or passed. She was settling down, her breathing and crying becoming under control. Scott asked her, "Honey, what made you so upset?"

She composed herself before speaking, "My brother is in trouble. Mom just called and he has been hanging around some local boys that are no good. Yesterday someone robbed the bank, and killed a manager, now the authorities are looking for Robbie. Mom said he was home all day working in the barn but received a call around evening time and left and they haven't heard from him."

Mark looked over at Kelsey then at Scott. "Lorrie, me and Mark will go find out what's going on. We'll find the ones who did this and clear your brother's name." Mark looked over at Kelsey with a questionable look, but the determination in her eyes made him nod at her.

"Thank you so much, you don't know how much it means to me."

"I think we both do." Kelsey explained. "We'll leave in twenty minutes."

***********

The Southwest Director of DEA was sitting across from FBI Assistant Director Jack Simmons.

"Listen Jack, I've done everything these people have asked and went beyond what was asked of me in the first place. They have my daughter, and won't give her back. Please help me."

Jack let out a sigh, "Jeremy, what the hell do you want me to do? They have me by the balls too. If I help you, they'll kill both of us and our families, plus disgrace us by leaking everything to the national media. Especially when it comes to him. Neither of us want that."

"Jack, I could give two shits about him. He didn't care about us when he put us in the predicament, we're in now. Hell, my brother and sister-in-law are dead, my two nieces have been missing for three years, and I can only presume their dead, why worry about that son of a bitch."

"Jeremy, you need to calm down and think rationally. He and I go way back, and there will be a reward for our troubles."

"You already have your reward Jack. Sitting in this huge office in D.C. now. I'm still in El Paso where they could find me."

"What do you want me to do?" Simmons asked as he leaned back in his plush chair.

Jeremy gave him a dumbfounded look. "Pick up the phone and call him since you are best friends and get this over with. I want Jenny back; you know she is all I have since my wife and brother passed."

Simmons looked at the man across from him, feeling empathy for him. He had been dragged into this as well. He was an honest lawman until his friend called him three years ago. Now the cartel had a video of him doing inappropriate things to a girl, he did not realize he was under the influence and she did not want what he gave her. Of course, he was set up, and he could argue that in a court of law. Explaining it to his wife and kids was another thing, he would lose them as well as his position in the FBI.

"Jeremy, I'll call him, but I can't guarantee anything right now. I'll do all that I can."

Jeremy O'Brien stood up and leaned over the desk and shook hands with Jack Simmons, but held onto his hand as he spoke. "You fuck me over; you will find hell at your front door." He walked out with the same determination as when he came in.

Simmons immediately picked up the phone and called his longtime friend, President Andrew Conklin. When the switchboard operator patched him through, he didn't hesitate to initiate the conversation. "Andy, we really need to talk, is this secure?"

"Director Simmons! How are you today?"

Jack knew that was Andy's way of saying he had people in the room or it wasn't secure. "Meet me in the usual place tonight. Can you do that?"

"I'll set that up with my secretary right now, Director. Tell the wife and kids hello." As the President hung up the phone, he turned his attention to the Columbian President as they resumed their conversation about a trade deal in the making.

********

March 4th - 6 am

After eleven hours of driving, with Kelsey driving most of the way, Mark pulled into the little town of Eminence Indiana, population less than one thousand. She was sleeping in the seat next to him, the sun barely breaking the horizon. He was fighting the memories of this town and his former life in it.

Since he had grown a beard the past month and he dyed his hair black, he looked different. Hoping nobody recognized him, he stopped at the only gas station in town to get some coffee and get fuel. After filling up the RV, he entered and walked over to where the coffee had been brewing. It smelled somewhat fresh, so he poured a cup.

When he came to the register, staring at him was no other than his first girlfriend and lead cheerleader Becky Bracken. She had changed a lot, it seemed from drugs more so than anything. Her hair was blonde, her teeth looked rotten, and her eyes were black. She had sores on her skin and she shook. She didn't recognize him throughout the exchange. As he walked out of the station, he felt ill. How did drugs find their way here in this small community in Indiana?

As he entered the RV, he put the key in the ignition and Kelsey woke to the smell of the black brew. "Get any for me?" She asked groggily.

"Yeah, have mine. I'm not feeling well." She took the cup and took a sip, letting out a satisfying noise. He looked over at her, she must have thought it was good. He put the vehicle in gear and turned left at the only four-way stop sign in town. On the corner was the Citizens Bank, with crime scene tape surrounding the building. Both of them surveyed the scene as they drove by.

They drove about five miles out until they came to a 'T' and turned down a gravel road. About a half mile down they came to a rather large farm house, with many out buildings. As Mark pulled into the long drive, an older male came out the door in overalls and a flannel shirt holding what looked to be a twelve-gauge shotgun. Mark stopped short of the house, exiting the RV slowly with his hands clearly in sight.

"Mr. Robinson, it's me Mark. Lorrie told you I'd be coming to help."

Pointing the gun right at Mark, "If you are who you say you are, what's your nickname?

"Tank sir. In fact, I believe you gave it to me."

He lowered his shotgun, turned toward the house. "C'mon the missus is waiting on you."

Kelsey watched as the older man walked away, leaving Mark standing there. She wondered what was going through his mind. In her mind, she thought it all was crazy. She exited the RV and hurried beside Mark as they made their way to the house. When they opened the door, the smell of coffee, bacon, biscuits, sausage and eggs filled their nostrils.

Kelsey whispered to Mark, "I think I just walked into a little house on the prairie."

They were ushered in by Lorries mom to the huge breakfast nook and ate some of the best breakfast they had in a long time. All of them were too busy eating to really talk, so when they were done, Mr. Robinson excused himself saying he had to go work in the barn. Mrs. Robinsons insisted we relax as she cleared the table.

Lucille Robinson sat across from the two after she was done clearing the table. She was a small woman in stature, but a strong person inside. She clasped her hands in front of her as she looked directly in both of their eyes. "Where do you want me to start Tank?" She asked politely.

"Mrs. Robinson, do you know where Robbie might be?"

"No dear, I wish I did. He has disappeared before but not because of something like this."

Kelsey asked, "Ma'am, who are the men he is hanging around?"

Lucille lowered her eyes looking at her hands. "It started with a girl he met in town. She was from another town, and he was smitten with her right away. He brought her over a few times. Me and Henry liked her, she was polite and such, but something was different about her. I couldn't wrap my thoughts around what it was. I tried not to be the overbearing mom prying into my son's life."

Kelsey reached over and put her hand over Lucille's. "It's ok, we can't always fix the mistakes of others, even if it is your own children ma'am." Mark looked over at Kelsey and wondered where the wise words came from.

"Thank you dear," She looked at Mark, "You've got a keeper here." She smiled and continued. "So back to Robbie, he and his girlfriend started going out and having fun at night, and then it started to be all night he was gone. We would ask and he would get upset at us asking." She wiped her eyes with a napkin, "Then he was gone for two days, and when he came home, he smelled of alcohol. Robbie hadn't drunk since high school, so we knew something was wrong."

Mark received a text message from Lorrie about that time, but he chose to ignore it so he could continue to listen to Lucille. "We found out through the town gossip that there were new folks running around these parts. They were up to no good, doing drugs and all other kinds of mischief. I asked Robbie about it, and he would never answer me straight, but a few weeks ago, Henry and I went into town to the post office and there he was at the Dairy barn with these people. They looked like punks or whatever you call them these days."

Mark asked, "What were they doing exactly Mrs. Robinson?"

She thought for a minute, "I don't reckon I know. They stood around, some were passing around a cigarette smoking, while two of them stared across the street at the bank."

Kelsey and Mark looked at each other and knew what the other were thinking. "Do you know any names of his friends, and especially his girlfriend?"

She raised from the table and walked over to her cupboard. She brought a piece of paper back to Mark and laid it in front of him. "This is her name and number, I found it in Robbie's pants pocket when I was doing the wash."

"Mrs. Robinson, please if you hear from him, call me immediately. Here are both mine and Kelsey's numbers. We are going to look into this right now, so I will be in touch soon."

The three stood and she hugged both, thanking them for their help. As they descended down the stairs from the house, Mark looked at his text from Lorrie. It was asking him to call as soon as he had a chance. When they climbed into the RV, he called Lorrie so both of them could hear on Bluetooth.

"Mark, so glad you called." Her voice was elated. "Robbie just called me, he's fine, but he said he is hiding from some people and the law."

"Did he say where he was"

"Little Point is what he told me. He is most likely at the water tower, me and him used to go climbing there when we were kids. Please get to him before they find him."

"We're on our way Lorrie." Mark exited the RV and opened the trailer getting the Suburban out. He put into the GPS how to get to the water tower finding it to be nine miles away. Just as they were about to come into the town of Little Point, the GPS had them turn left on a dirt road. They followed it into some trees until they came to the huge structure.

There was a fence surrounding the structure with barbed wire on top, so Mark was wondering if Lorrie was correct on her assumptions. He went around the fence and found a hole under the fence covered with branches but was big enough for a person to crawl under. Pulling the branches from the hole he crawled under the fence and told Kelsey to wait there and stand guard just in case someone noticed them heading toward the tower.

He climbed the tower, glad he wasn't afraid of heights, and as he reached the top, he found some empty cans of beans. He knew someone had been there, so he started around the tower, the frigid air biting at him like it did when he was younger. When he came to the backend of the tower there was someone huddled in a fetal position, covered in a multitude of blankets and a heavy Carhartt jacket.

"Hey!" Mark surprised the person, they jumped and tried to get up and move away. Mark grabbed the arm of the person and stood them up. "Robbie is it you?"

He looked at Mark in the eyes, getting his bearings straight. "W-Who are you? What do you want?"

"Shut up, I am asking the questions. Are you Robbie Robinson?" He didn't have to answer, his eyes told Mark who he was. "I'm here to help you. Your sister sent me."

"Lorrie sent you?"

"Yeah, how about we get off this thing and get warmed up?" He nodded and they both climbed down the tower. When they reached the ground, they climbed under the fence and made sure to cover it with the branches. Robbie noticed Kelsey right away and couldn't stop staring at her. Mark was feeling a ping of jealousy but didn't say anything. "Get in, let's go somewhere and talk."

Robbie seemed nervous, "We can't go back home, they'll be looking for me there."

Mark turned around and looked in the back seat. "Who are they?"

Robbie wiped his mouth, shaking his head. "Sureno-13 man. I didn't know they were involved with them."

Mark looked over at Kelsey, "Why in the hell are they in Eminence?"

"They've been recruiting all over rural towns, passing drugs and guns around. I guess the FBI in Indy are swarming the neighborhoods taking down drug houses. They are going to rural towns and setting up shop because the law and town folk don't look for them." Robbie looked at Mark, almost in tears. "I didn't know until I was in too deep. They kept threatening me if I didn't go along, they'd kill mom and dad."

"What did they want you to do Robbie?" Kelsey asked.

Robbie shook his head again, "They wanted me to run drugs for them. Instead I stayed home because dad was having a hard time feeding the cows. He's pushing eighty, I couldn't let him pull hay."

"So how did this Courtney figure into all this?"

Robbie seemed surprised Mark knew his so-called girlfriends' name. "She was in charge of recruiting guys to the local gang. She played me and three others in the area. One of them is dead, I found that out by Becky Bracken at Dairy barn. He was her boyfriend I guess, and noticed her drug use. When she told him who she was getting the drugs from, he confronted Courtney. He hasn't been seen since, and Becky says she knows he's dead. That was over two months now."

"Let's get you somewhere safe and figure how to get this all settled." Mark turned the SUV around and headed toward Eminence. He knew the safest place would be to stay with Kelsey and himself. He was thanking Scotty for the living quarters he built in the trailer. It was the safest spot for Robbie now.

*********

Jack and Andy sat across from one another at the Directors quaint house in Alexandria. "So, what's so important I had to clear my schedule this morning Jack?"

"Director O'Brien from the DEA, he's not too happy about our friends holding onto his daughter."

Conklin sighed heavily, "Jack I was just with the Columbian President yesterday. Our trade talks were fruitful, but there is a hiccup due to the new ownership of the distributor. Things like this take time. If I cave now, we are all going to be puppets in their side show."

Looking at his friend with concern, "Like I already am Andy? You still haven't held up your side of the deal. I did everything I could to squash the Tejada thing in Texas and made it disappear, and I didn't get anything for it, especially what I was supposed to get."

Conklin laughed loudly, "You call that disappeared? It was national news for over a week. You put a spin on it that put your ass in the position you're in now, and I hadn't heard you complain."

"Andy, I'm talking about Dawson, Downey, Reynolds, even Espinoza. Not to mention the two that tried taking out Justin English and failed miserably."

"But you didn't take out the one that caused all the issues in the first place. Couldn't track one man with all your resources, and could be out there doing the same as in Texas somewhere else." He pointed his finger at the man across from him. "You are the one that let him slip through your fingers. Any blood spilt by him is on your hands. As for O'Brien, nothing will be done until the new deal is negotiated."

The President stood and walked out of the den and straight out of the house. Jack Simmons was pissed off but also sad. His friend of over forty years had sunk so low, he didn't even recognize him anymore. He changed when he started in politics. He became a great liar, and could make people believe the words he said. He always did just enough of what he promised so he could boast about it, but fail in some so he could complain about the other parties. Jack was always along for the ride, as he quickly went up the ladder in the FBI. He wondered if he would be sitting in the position he held today if Andy wasn't the President.

Sitting there contemplating on what to do, Jack thought about Jeremy and his daughter Jenny. Jeremy and Jack had become friends over the last fifteen years while working in Texas. Both their daughters knew each other and attended the University of Texas together. He was wondering where his allegiance should stand.

BBELLC
BBELLC
249 Followers