The Ghosts Made Us Do It

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maybe it was the stress of living in a haunted house, but in recent weeks I had been noticing Poppy more and more, thinking about how great my stepsister looked in a variety of outfits. Her jeans with patches of cute cartoon animals worn with a tee-shirt. Her stirrup pants leggings worn with a jumper. Her regular stone washed jeans, and a number of skirts and dresses. Even her tracksuit I found hot.

Poppy's nightwear often attracted my attention. Sometimes she would wear long pink pajamas to bed, and I would admire Poppy's nice figure as she walked by barefoot in her pajamas. More often she would wear an over-sized tee-shirt over panties to bed, and I would check out Poppy's long legs from the hem of her shirt down to her bare feet.

My conscience reminded me that Poppy was my stepsister, that we had lived together as siblings since we were both 12-years-old and that I should not be looking at her and finding her desirable, but still I kept thinking it. Perhaps it was because Poppy was a beautiful 18-year-old girl with no boyfriend and I had no girlfriend and we lived in the same house together? Or maybe it was the damsel in distress thing? Poppy was so terrified of the paranormal poltergeist happenings in our house and I was often trying to reassure and protect her, so perhaps this was a factor too?

Poppy and I spent the day attending our classes at college, then returned to Essex on the late afternoon bus. We stopped at the video rental shop and hired a movie - a comedy and definitely not a horror film - and purchased a pizza from the pizzeria across the road.

Walking back to our house through the late afternoon sunshine, the warm spring English weather continuing this Friday, I hoped that we would not come home to anything weird, such as the doors and windows all being open or music blaring at full volume. The house seemed normal enough as we walked down the front path, but as soon as we stepped inside Poppy and I were struck by the freezing cold in the hallway, it was like a deep freeze.

I could see my stepsister's look of apprehension, which only got more as we went into the kitchen to get some drinks and found it was a normal room temperature, so different from the icy hallway.

"Don't worry Poppy, we'll watch TV and have this pizza, and we'll be fine," I said with more confidence than I felt.

Poppy and I went into the living room, where it was warm like the kitchen not cold like the hallway and a squeak of alarm from my stepsister was the first thing that alerted me to the fact that something was wrong. I looked across and noticed that one of the armchairs was turned upside down. If we were American and lived in California close to the San Andreas Fault this might have made a bit of sense, but the chances of encountering an earthquake in Essex were very remote indeed. And an earthquake would not simply tip over one chair.

I righted the chair and looked at the clear expression of fear on Poppy's pretty face. "Come on Poppy, it will be okay."

"It's going to be a bad night, I just know it," Poppy lamented. My stepsister sounded close to crying.

I again tried to reassure her. "Maybe this is the only thing they are going to do today, and they'll have a break from bothering us? Anyway, let's watch TV and enjoy this pizza before it gets cold."

Poppy's big brown eyes looked fearfully around the living room as she sat down next to me on the couch. She was very on edge at first, but relaxed as nothing weird happened and we enjoyed the pizza as we watched first an Australian soap opera, then the video we had hired from the shop.

By the time the movie was finished it was late, and time for bed. Poppy and I tidied up downstairs, then turned off the lights and headed upstairs. I hoped nothing supernatural would happen tonight, and no doubt Poppy was thinking the same thing. Poppy climbed the stairs before me, and thanks to her short pleated skirt, I was unable to prevent getting a couple of glimpses of the white knickers that Poppy was wearing. My conscience reminded me not to look up any girl's skirt, much less my own stepsister's skirt, but I was unable to stop myself getting pleasure from seeing Poppy's panties.

"I need to go to the toilet, and is it okay if I take my shower first?" Poppy asked.

"Sure Poppy it's fine with me," I said.

"Thanks Brett," said Poppy. I walked to my bedroom as Poppy turned on the bathroom light and closed and locked the bathroom door behind herself.

It was quiet upstairs so I could hear Poppy putting down the toilet seat something that wasn't out of place, but Poppy's scream a couple of seconds later had me on edge. I ran out my room for the bathroom as Poppy burst out, clearly frightened and in distressed.

"Poppy, what happened?" I asked anxiously.

"I was about to go to the loo, and something reached under my skirt and touched my knickers, and then it flicked my bra strap!" Poppy exclaimed. She looked at me, her big brown eyes wide and terrified. "I really need to go to the toilet."

"How about you use the ensuite bathroom?" I suggested.

Poppy shook her head. "It will just follow me in there too." She looked at me, then burst into tears. "All I want to do is go to the loo, and I can't because the ghosts keep bothering me. I hate this house, I'm so scared all the time, I wish we'd never moved here."

I watched as my stepsister stood helplessly in front of me, her body wracked by sobbing. I reached into my jeans pocket and took out some clean tissues, handing them to Poppy, and holding my stepsister as she cried. "Hey Poppy, it's okay," I tried to assure her.

"It's not okay," lamented Poppy, tears running down her pretty face. "I've have to go to the toilet really badly, but if I go in there the ghosts are going to get me again. I just know it."

I was thinking of something to say that would relax Poppy so she could return to the bathroom and go to the toilet, but the ghosts were not cooperative, not that they ever were. From the darkened downstairs there came a knocking on the front door, but it was clear that the sound was coming from inside the house, rather than outside. Then within a split second, the sound moved to the back door, and the same banging sound was audible. This of course frightened poor Poppy even more, and I could see from her body posture that her need to use the loo was increasing by each second that passed.

"Poppy, what about you give it another try now?" I suggested.

Poppy wiped away the last of her tears and blew her nose. She looked at the bathroom, regarding it with fear, and probably with good reason given what had happened in there tonight and in the past. She looked at me, clearly nervous then said, "Brett, maybe you could come in there with me?"

Now it was my turn to be afraid, or at least uncomfortable. "Um Poppy, I don't know, I really don't think that's a good idea, I don't like it."

"I don't like it either," Poppy protested. "But I have to go the loo or have a nasty accident, and I don't want the ghosts scaring me. If you're in the bathroom with me, perhaps they won't bother me. At least I won't be as scared with you there."

"Poppy, I'm not really sure about this," I said. "Me in the bathroom with you while you're using the toilet? It's kind of inappropriate."

"I wasn't thinking of you standing right there next to me while I'm on the loo," said Poppy. "But if you went into the shower and waited in there while I go to the toilet, then you can't see anything."

"As long as you're sure." I was anything but sure about this, but Poppy was the one in an emergency situation here.

"I'm sure, I really have to go," said Poppy. I could see by her posture that she was not exaggerating, so nodded in agreement.

She led the way into the bathroom, me feeling even more weird about this than having lived in a haunted house for the past 15 months, but as Poppy closed and locked the bathroom door she attempted to relax us both by saying, "At least this wasn't last week."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I had my period last week, so this would have been like ten times more embarrassing for both of us," said Poppy.

I blushed. "Sorry Poppy, I didn't know."

"Well, I don't wear a tee-shirt or hat to advertise when I've got my period," said Poppy. She turned towards the toilet and jumped in surprise, fear on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The seat is up." Poppy pointed at the toilet.

"Sorry Poppy, I'll remember to put it down next time," I said.

Poppy shook her head. "No, I don't mean that. I mean I put the toilet seat down the first time I came in here, and now someone or something has put it up again." The teenager shook her head. "Anyway, I can't really worry about that now. I need to, um, you know." She massaged her tummy.

I could see my stepsister's desperation. "I'll get in the shower and leave you to have some privacy, Poppy."

"Thanks Brett," said Poppy.

I stepped into the shower, but was unable to prevent a glimpse out of the corner of my eye of Poppy lifting her pleated skirt and pulling her white knickers down to her ankles to sit on the toilet. Closing the shower door, I stood in the recess thinking that this was something I could never have anticipated happening today, or indeed any other day. Hiding in a shower while my stepsister was sitting on the loo, could it be any weirder?

The sound of Poppy urinating soon filled the bathroom, the splashing tinkling sounds echoing from the toilet bowl as her pee stream exited her urethra and went into the water. I tried to tell myself it was raining outside, it was just water flowing through the gutters and down the drainpipe, but I knew very well what it was. It wasn't the first time I had heard Poppy pissing, I had passed the bathroom before when she was urinating on the toilet and I had heard this in the quiet of the house, but being in the bathroom with her while she was doing this was a whole different ball game.

Poppy's piss finally abated, and I heard Poppy unwinding and rustling toilet paper presumably to wipe the residual urine away from her pussy. If I felt uncomfortable about being in the bathroom while Poppy had a pee, it was just a mere taste of what was to come.

I felt so guilty, like I was doing something wrong, as I continued to stand in the shower recess, hearing every sound of Poppy pooing on the toilet, the sounds from the toilet bowl each time she moved her bowels and Poppy unwinding toilet paper every time she wiped her bottom. I felt like I was a voyeur, like I had come in here to perve on Poppy while she was having her poo, but of course I had not done this to engage in voyeurism. I had done it at Poppy's request because she was scared of poltergeist activity in the bathroom while she was sitting on the loo, and wanted me there to try and stop any supernatural harassment.

It didn't make me feel any better. I wished that Poppy hadn't given a practical demonstration that the answer to the question 'Do pretty girls fart?' was yes, well at least they did when they were using the loo.

As I heard Poppy advancing the toilet roll and getting herself more toilet tissue, I reminded myself that while this was embarrassing for me, it would be far worse for poor Poppy, forced to sit on the toilet with her skirt around her waist and her knickers around her ankles and have a shit with her stepbrother standing in the shower, and able to hear everything she was doing, even her wiping her bottom.

I wasn't sure how long Poppy was on the toilet, it seemed like five to seven hours but of course it was probably somewhere between five and seven minutes. Finally, I heard Poppy unwinding loo paper three times in a row and I presumed she might be done. This was confirmed a few seconds later when I heard Poppy put down the toilet lid then I heard her flush the toilet, the sound of the toilet cistern refilling going through the bathroom.

I heard Poppy turn on the taps in the sink. "I'm finished now Brett, you can come out," she called.

I emerged from the shower and could see Poppy washing her hands, before she turned off the taps and dried her hands on a towel. Obviously Poppy had pulled her knickers up after she finished on the toilet, but they were clearly uncomfortable, as I saw Poppy adjust them through her pleated skirt.

"That was um, really embarrassing," said Poppy shyly. "Please don't tell anyone about this Brett."

"Way ahead of you there, Poppy," I assured my stepsister. No way was I ever going to tell another living soul about this.

I didn't want to embarrass the poor girl any further, so had to act completely neutral and not react to the smell Poppy had left behind herself when she went to the toilet. The smell of Poppy's feces was not overwhelmingly bad, but it was obvious to anyone who went into the bathroom that she had just emptied her bowels.

"Well at least nothing strange happened," I said. "So do you think you'll be able to go for a shower on your own?"

Poppy looked apprehensive. "Well, I can give it a try. But could you please stand outside the bathroom door while I'm in there?"

"No problems at all Poppy," I said.

"I just need to get my sleep shirt and some clean knickers," said Poppy, quickly running into her bedroom and returning with an oversized tee-shirt and some fresh knickers.

Poppy made no attempt to hide her new knickers from me so I could see that the panties she would be wearing to bed tonight were pretty white full brief panties with a myriad of different colored flowers on them. There were roses, violets, daisies, daffodils, irises, pansies and appropriately given the name of the owner of the knickers, poppies as well.

I had seen Poppy wear this over-sized tee-shirt before, and I thought it was so cute, white in color with a big anthropomorphic cartoon frog on the front. It looked pretty good when she was wearing it with her long bare legs and her bare feet on display.

"Promise me you'll stay outside the whole time?" Poppy implored me.

"I promise," I said.

I stood guard outside the bathroom door as Poppy locked and closed it behind herself. However, it was less than ten seconds before I heard Poppy scream, and the door flung open with Poppy running out of the bathroom at great speed, a look of terror etched on her pretty face, the teenager adjusting her underpants through her pleated skirt.

"Poppy what's wrong, you look like you've seen a ghost," I said, hoping that the little joke might relax her a bit. My joke did not relax Poppy, in fact it had the opposite effect.

"That's not funny Brett," complained the distressed Poppy. "I was about to get undressed, I'd just taken off my jumper when something reached under my skirt and pulled my knickers down to my knees! I'm so scared, Brett."

Again, Poppy looked like she was about cry, and I put my hand on my stepsister's shoulder to try and calm her down. I felt pretty bad about my joke now. "Sorry Poppy, I didn't know."

"That's okay Brett, you didn't set out to frighten me," said Poppy. She looked through the bathroom door. "But what am I going to do now? I really need a shower."

"Are you sure you don't want to wait until morning?" I asked.

"No, I really want to have a shower tonight," said Poppy. "And if the ghosts don't get me in there tonight, they will get me tomorrow morning, I just know it."

I was out of ideas. "Sorry Poppy, I don't know what to suggest."

Poppy stood thinking about a solution to her problem and then she looked at me, clearly shy and nervous before she spoke. "You said earlier that you needed to take a shower too. I don't know, what if we both um, you know, had a shower together."

I was shocked. "What? Both of us? In the shower together?"

Poppy regarded me with her big brown eyes. "I know it sounds really weird and normally I wouldn't like the idea, but I'm so scared that I'd prefer you in the shower with me so the ghosts don't bother me. They didn't get me while I was on the loo and you were in the bathroom, it might be the same if we had a shower together."

"I don't know about that Poppy," I said, my heart racing. "We're stepbrother and stepsister, it would be awkward and inappropriate. We'd um, be naked in front of each other."

"I don't like it any more than you do Brett," said Poppy. "But we'd both be naked, so it wouldn't be as bad. And you know how they say that if you're making a speech to imagine your audience naked? We just have to pretend that we're fully clothed."

The good side of my brain told me this was wrong, showering with my nude stepsister, but the bad side was telling me how great this was going to be, I was going to see pretty Poppy naked and in the shower. I had seen her pull her panties down when she sat down on the toilet earlier, but this was different, this would be sexy. But Poppy was scared, what else was I going to do?

Eventually, I said nothing more at all. "Okay then, I'll just get my boxer shorts."

I retrieved a pair of boxer shorts from my bedroom and with a heart rate so high that I thought I might be a rare case of an 18-year-old man dying from a heart attack went with Poppy into the bathroom, Poppy closing and locking the door behind us like she had done when she went to the toilet.

My conscience reprimanded me for getting excited about the prospect of seeing Poppy in her bra and her panties then completely naked, reminding me that it was inappropriate but still I could not help it. I removed my sneakers and socks as Poppy sat on the small bench next to the shower and did the same.

I could see up Poppy's pleated skirt and her white knickers as she took off first her white sneakers and then her white ankle socks, leaving her barefoot. As I took off my tee-shirt and jeans leaving me wearing a pair of red underpants, Poppy likewise took off her own tee-shirt then unclasped and removed her pleated skirt leaving her wearing a white bra and white panties, her underwear contrasting nicely with her mocha-colored Middle Eastern skin.

'Don't get an erection Brett, whatever you do don't get an erection,' I told myself over and over again as I looked at Poppy barefoot in her bra and knickers. Somehow I managed this, but it wasn't easy as Poppy reached behind herself and unclasped her bra. Poppy removed the undergarment, freeing her wonderful big teenage tits.

Things only got worse as Poppy took hold of her white full-brief panties and pulled them down her long legs, stepping her bare feet out of them. I could distinctly see the creamy colored stains left on the double cotton saddle of Poppy's knickers caused by her vagina self-cleansing during the day. The bad part of my brain began thinking about how good it would to be sniff Poppy's feminine smells on her dirty knickers, and again I had to fight to keep from getting an erection.

I was now naked like Poppy, but while she seemed completely relaxed I was anything but. I tried to keep from staring at Poppy's wonderful young boobs, and from my eyes going to her crotch and checking out her pubic hair. And there was plenty of pubic hair to check out. Young Poppy sported a massive bush, dark curls of pubic hair all over her feminine mound, resembling not so much a forest but a jungle.

Thinking about sad movies was helping to keep an erection at bay, but it got even more difficult when Poppy turned around and opened the screen to the shower and I saw her bare bottom, her plump, peach-shaped cheeks with her dark skin looking so inviting. If there was a girl whose bum got an A-plus, then it was Poppy's bum.

Poppy turned on the shower then turned back to face me, me looking past her and at the bathroom wall to try and make it not too obvious to my stepsister that I was looking at her massive tits and her triangle of dark pubic hair.

"Remember, we're fully clothed Brett," said Poppy, not seeming fazed at all by the fact that we were both completely naked and about to shower together.