The Gift

Story Info
Love is never truly dead.
2.3k words
4.55
12k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following event occurred in 1985 during the events depicted in "Your Silver Nights and Golden Days Pt. 02."

© 2020-2023 Candy_Kane54

***

When the alarm went off, I opened my eyes and reached over to turn it off. Another Saturday morning and another long day at the fair on Manhattan Beach Pier loomed ahead. I turned back to look over at my partner of twenty years, Becky, who lay there looking so lovely, her black hair haloed around her head.

"Becky, it's time to get up," I whispered in her ear as I gently shook her shoulder.

"Don't want to," Becky muttered as her eyes fluttered open.

"I know, sweetie. I don't really want to either, but the sooner we get up and going, the sooner we can get set up," I said, leaning in to kiss her luscious lips.

"MmmmHmmm," Becky muttered against my lips as she returned my kiss.

With a sigh, I broke our kiss and rolled out of bed. My mind drifted back to long ago Saturday mornings spent in bed. Becky and I would make mad, passionate love until hunger and nature's call forced us out of bed.

"Those days are over," I mused to myself as I went into the bathroom to perform my toilet. I evaluated myself in the mirror, my green eyes popping while putting myself together. "Not bad looking for fifty," I thought as I put my auburn hair up into a high ponytail. There were a few strands of gray, but overall, it still looked beautiful. My 5'6" curvy and evenly tanned body looked nice, although I had gotten a little thick around the waist. My breasts sagged a bit, but gravity always won in the end, so there was nothing to worry about there.

When I came out, I could smell the coffee brewing and the eggs and bacon cooking on the stove. I entered the kitchen and relieved Becky, giving her a quick hug and peck before shooing her off to the bathroom. I finished breakfast, plating eggs and bacon for both of us and pouring two mugs of coffee, setting them on the breakfast bar.

While waiting for Becky to come out, I planned our day. We'd already packed the minivan with our folding tables and chairs. All we had left to do was load the vehicle with our goods before leaving for the pier.

When Becky came out for breakfast, I couldn't help but run my eyes over her. She was five years younger than me, 5'3" tall with black hair, brown eyes, and her toned, tanned body contrasted by the white high-waist shorts and white polo top she wore. I could see that Becky wasn't wearing a bra under her polo, her nipples tenting the fabric. As she approached the breakfast bar, she gave me a quick side hug and peck on the cheek, saying, "Love you, Cindy," before sitting down to tuck into her breakfast.

"It's going to be a nice day today, so there should be a lot of people out," I said.

"Good," Becky said, looking me in the eye, "we'll be able to lower our inventory. Then I can start on some new projects I've been thinking about."

"Oh," I asked, "what kind of projects do you have in mind?"

"I've got some ideas for some bangle bracelets," Becky replied, flashing a smile, her enthusiasm enchanting. "Also, I was thinking about making some beaded necklaces. I saw some interesting Native American beadwork and thought I could do something like that with a California twist to it."

"That sounds nice," I replied carefully, not wanting to reinforce her enthusiasm. Becky tended to get carried away and then would create a lot of inventory that we would need time to sell.

We finished our breakfast and got ready to go. We carried our inventory out to the minivan, and I drove down to the parking lot next to the Manhattan Beach Pier. We managed to get a parking spot close enough to the pier that we carried our tables and chairs onto it easily. We greeted our fellow vendors as we got set up, everyone helping everyone else as we all got set up. While no formal vending spots were assigned to people, we'd all been there long enough that there was no squabbling over who got set up where. By 8 AM, we had the tables set up, our wares displayed, and the sunshades up so we wouldn't burn during the day.

On such a beautiful day, people were already strolling along the pier. Some were already stopping at our booth to look and shop. We were doing a brisk business, Becky mesmerizing customers with her enthusiasm over her wares. She was a natural salesperson, so I let her do most of the customer interaction. Not that I was a slouch myself. I was just as enthusiastic, especially since I knew Becky's thought processes almost as well as she did while making her jewelry.

I just loved watching Becky interact with the customers. I mused about how we'd been together for a long time. The enthusiasm we displayed toward the customers wasn't in our interactions with each other as much as it used to be. Just then, Becky glanced over and noticed that I was watching her. She flashed me a quick smile before turning back to the customer, and for that brief moment, I felt some heat down below.

Eventually, the initial rush of customers faded away, leaving Becky and me temporarily alone. I walked over and side-hugged her, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. We just stood there for a beat, gazing into each other's eyes.

Just then, a vision of beauty walked up to our booth. We both frankly stared at that vision. The woman returned our stare with one of her own. She must have been about 5' 2" with brown hair in a low ponytail halfway down her back and brown eyes. With a beautiful face and a toned and tanned svelte body, she sported a cute mid-thigh skort and spaghetti strap tank top. She looked to be about twenty years younger than me.

Becky and I pulled apart after sharing a quick glance and approached her as she started looking at our wares. I suddenly realized I had seen her a few times before, strolling along the pier with another woman and two boys.

"Hi! I'm Cindy. Can I help you find something," I asked as my throat went dry. I involuntarily licked my lips as her gaze met mine, and her piercing brown eyes seared my soul.

"Thank you, Cindy. I'm Bonnie. I'm looking for a gift to give my friend."

When she said 'friend,' I could figuratively see the air quotes around the word. Her face radiated her feelings about her 'friend.'

"What does your 'friend' like," I asked, glancing over to Becky to make sure she heard what was being said.

"She's not really into gaudy jewelry, but she does like the occasional subdued bracelet or necklace," Bonnie replied, looking back down at the display.

Becky and I shared a significant look as Bonnie had used the word 'she.' We suddenly realized why she had looked at us like she did when she walked up while we were standing arm-in-arm.

Becky jumped in, asking, "Do you think she'd like a nice beaded bracelet like this?" She pointed to the tray with beaded jewelry in it.

Bonnie looked where Becky pointed and focused on a beaded bracelet using muted earth-tone colors. She reached to pick it up with a questioning look on her face. "Go ahead," Becky urged, indicating to Bonnie that she could pick it up.

As Bonnie was looking at the bracelet, I looked up. I saw a beautiful blonde strolling by with two boys. I recognized her as the woman I'd seen Bonnie with before. She was holding hands with both of the boys. She was looking over the wares being displayed on the other side of the pier.

Just then, Bonnie made her decision, looked up at me, and said, "I think I'll get this for my 'friend.'" Again, her face betrayed her as that look came over her face when she said 'friend.'

I leaned in and asked quietly, "You mean lover, don't you?"

Bonnie's face lit up with a smile as she sheepishly admitted, "It's that obvious?"

"Sweetie, a blind man wearing arc welding goggles could see the love in your face right now," I replied. At that moment, her blonde lover's gaze swept over to us, the intensity of her gaze almost like a physical blow.

I must have betrayed my reaction to that gaze as Bonnie looked at me and asked, "She's looking at me right now, isn't she?"

I could only nod as my reaction to that gaze left me speechless. I could feel the prickling of tears in my eyes as I reveled in the emotions radiating around me. I glanced at Becky and could tell she felt the same thing I was. I could see the glistening of tears building in her eyes, too.

"I can feel it on the back of my neck, like the heat from a campfire," Bonnie explained as she turned to look back at her lover. They smiled at each other, the brightness of those combined smiles eclipsing the already brilliant late-morning sunlight.

Before we were incinerated by the heat of their love, Bonnie turned back to me and asked, "How much?"

"Twenty dollars plus tax," I replied as Becky took the bracelet and started wrapping it up. "That'll be $21.60 in total."

Bonnie handed me a twenty and a five, and I gave the change back to her, fumbling a bit as the intensity of emotions swirled around me and made me shaky. Becky handed the package to Bonnie, and she turned away and walked toward her blonde lover.

I edged over toward Becky and put my arm around her as she put her arm around me. We watched as the two lovers approached each other. The looks of love on their faces fed on each other, growing brighter and brighter until that love was the only thing that was real. Everything else around them became a translucent, washed-out gray of unreality.

I looked at Becky, tears streaming down my cheeks. I saw tears running down her face as she looked at me. At that moment, I could feel the passion of that first time we had looked at each other all those years ago, the heat washing through my body as I pulled Becky in for a kiss. I cupped her face with my hands as I devoured her lips, and she returned as good as she got, cupping my face with her hands. Our tongues battled each other as our passion that had been banked for all those years rekindled.

We broke, gasping for air, our foreheads touching as we looked into each other's eyes.

"How about we call it a day and go home?" I asked.

"Yes," Becky answered. "Let's."

We wasted no time packing up and getting everything into the van. We hurried home, fighting the noontime traffic. We tumbled out of the vehicle and practically ran into the house. I barely got the door closed before Becky shoved me up against the wall and devoured my lips, thrusting her tongue into my mouth. As our tongues wrestled, we were pulling our clothes off. When we got naked, I growled into Becky's mouth as I picked her up to take her into the bedroom.

Becky wrapped her legs around my hips, my hands on her ass. She was rolling her hips, rubbing her mound against mine. I got us into the bedroom and practically threw Becky onto the bed. I reached into the bedside table drawer and pulled out the harness with a purple 8" dildo. It hadn't seen a lot of use lately, but today I was going to fuck Becky senseless with it.

As I donned the harness and tightened it up, Becky lay there on the bed, her legs spread wide, her pussy dripping with her juices, her lips inflamed with desire.

"Oh, God, Cindy, hurry. I want that cock in me so bad!" Becky begged/commanded.

I finished buckling up the harness, ensuring the nubs on the end of the dildo were positioned over my clit. I stepped up to the bed and, without any foreplay, lined up the dildo and thrust it into Becky's pussy.

Becky grunted from the thrust, her eyes glazing over as she started thrusting her hips, trying to get even more of the dildo inside her. The nubs on the base of the dildo hit my clit, making me shudder. I pulled completely out, gaping her pussy before thrusting the dildo back in until my hips struck her ass. Becky grunted again before she started moaning, "Harder! Faster!"

I pulled back and immediately thrust again, as hard as I could. I repeated that action, going faster and faster, eliciting a grunt from Becky every time I bottomed out. I could feel my orgasm crashing down on me as I frantically thrust faster and faster, urging Becky to come for me.

Suddenly, Becky gasped in a huge breath and held it as her thighs spasmed. Her legs wrapped around my hips as she screamed, "Cinndddyyyy!" At the same time, I fell over the cliff into my orgasm, shouting, "Becckkkyyyy!" as my hips jerked, attempting to continue thrusting but losing myself in my orgasm.

I collapsed on Becky, gasping, trying to catch my breath as I surrendered to the orgasmic rush. Before I succumbed to sleep, I pulled out of Becky and discarded the harness. I crawled under the duvet with Becky, wrapping my arms around her. As I fell into oblivion, I thanked Bonnie and her lover for the gift they had given us ... the gift of rekindled love.

Cindy's and Becky's story is continued in "A Chance Encounter."