All Comments on 'The Gift'

by Marty Eagan

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Nice little story

about a wife's love for her husband. This was an enjoyable read. Thanks.

EarthSeaSkyEarthSeaSkyover 19 years ago
*****

Marty, A wonderfully sensitive and well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Nice surprise ending.

A well-written little story, with believable characters. This author consistently delivers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
You have the gift, Marty

Marty, you have really excelled yourself with this one. A really interesting and well thought out story.

Jerica TylerJerica Tylerover 19 years ago
As a woman with a disability...

I found this story appalling. Your use of the words "gimpy", "crippled", "handicapped", and "disabled" and suggesting that anyone who is attracted to a person with disabilities has a fetish have lowered my opinion of this story. I would furthermore like to state that if some guy viewed me as a fetish, I would not sleep with him at all let alone wish to see him again. This is sick, degrading and ableist pablum in my opinion and this is why many men view women such as myself as a freak and something to be fetishized. People are not a fetish. Shame on you for writing such trash.

edtrainedtrainover 19 years ago
A Winner !!!

Marty....

This story reads as well the second and third times as it did the first time. It is superbly crafted and leaves me wanting even more that you have written. It is a winner through and through... the ending is exquisite. Will there be a sequel????

Thanks,

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
The Gift

I loved the story but I also think your use of demeaning words like gimpy does spoil it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous