The Gift Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What's wrong?" she asked, staring at his face. "Don't you want it?"

"Of course I want it," he chuckled, claiming her lips again. Their fingers entwined as the kiss deepened, the crackling of the fire filling up an otherwise quiet room. Poppy was back in her basket, and after staring at them for a moment, she decided to go back to sleep.

"It's been a fantasy of mine," she said shyly when they pulled apart. "To make love in front of the fire."

"Really?" he tilted his head to a side, humor in his voice. "Well, it's my pleasure to make all your fantasies come true, milady."

She giggled breathlessly, arching into him. "Take me," she hissed. "Make me yours."

And so he did. Pushing a small inch inside her, he realized how wet she already was. Without further ado, he filled her to the hilt, biting his lips to prevent the noises that were threatening to spill out of his mouth. Luciana's lips parted in a noiseless wail, her eyes squeezing shut. He was riveted by her; even if he made love to her every single moment of his life, it wouldn't quench his hunger. He wanted to take it slow, but if she continued to writhe under him, he would most certainly lose his mind.

"Oh...gosh..." he gritted out, his jaw clenched. "You feel like a velvet glove...hot and snug."

She had no response, not when she was burning hot beneath him and around him, all fears, sorrows and anguish melting away. And when he bent low to press a soft kiss to her lips, she felt devastated by his tenderness in the face of fierce desire.

His movements were fluid, slow but hard, every stroke hitting her womb. She clawed at his back, pulling him closer. He pressed his cheek against hers, perspiration drenching their skin. Her moans and his strained noises filled the small room.

Their mouths locked in a ferocious kiss. He opened her wider, lunging deep and hard within her, making her cry out in pain and pleasure.

"I'm too close," he panted without slowing down. "Oh..."

"Come in me," she hissed. He faltered for a second, staring down at her face.

"What?" he breathed. She didn't have to ask; he would gratify her with his release anyway. But hearing those libidinous words was like adding kerosene to an already raging fire.

"Come in me," she repeated, opening her eyes to lock them with him. "I want to feel you inside me."

"You will," he promised, squeezing his eyes shut when he felt it begin. He cried out, grabbing fistfuls of the rug as he continued to rock his hips and thrust inside her. She whimpered, the hot wetness inside her too much to take. Her release took over her like a clap of lightning, making a trembling cry erupt from her throat. Her body quaked and jerked as he kept coming, flooding her with his love and joy in a release so overwhelming, he knew he would never be the same again.

But he didn't cease or grow soft. For a small second, he pulled out of her, only to flip her over and take her again. His strong body pinned her to the rug, so that nothing impeded his arousal from her depths.

"Chris!" she screamed, one hand reaching behind to grab his hard, muscular thigh. "I can't come again."

"I'm going to make you, sweetie," he grunted, thrusting relentlessly now, already swelling and getting close again. She felt dizzy with pleasure, the tension pooling in as she pushed back into him every time his tight and hard sac slapped against her. She had come only a few seconds ago, but the storm was gathering again, threatening to overpower her. When he bent over to claim her mouth, she felt the muscles of his chest rubbing against her back, his knees holding her in place.

"Are you ready?" he whispered into her ear, his voice husky, decadent and lascivious. "Can you feel it approaching again?"

She whined, unable to take the tension anymore. "You're driving me crazy," she whimpered, using her elbows to support her body. "You're...oh...you're so strong...so virile... Ah!"

"I did promise you would be limping by tomorrow," he laughed gruffly against her shoulder, his thrusts speeding up. "And I always deliver what I promise."

He tightly grabbed her hips and closed his eyes, his hair all over his face as he felt it begin. He knew she was close too from the way she clenched around him. His face contorted on its own accord as he neared his release, thrusting viciously into her. Before he knew it, she was letting it go, gasping, crying, her back arching, her trembles tightening around his shaft until it became impossible to stop or withdraw.

Chris swore and cursed, and came with a tortured groan. Luciana could only grasp the rug and let the pleasure overcome her as he filled her again, sweeping away even the slightest morsel of reservation she had about him.

They didn't know how long they lay there shattered, eyes closed and breaths coming in short pants. Afterwards, Chris found her hand and locked fingers, kissing the back of her palm. He had never felt like that— not as a hormonal teenager, not when he was into dating, not even with his former spouse. It wasn't the adrenaline rush or the endorphins, nor was it their nakedness or their physical intimacy. It was the feeling of being complete, of finally finding fulfilment. The knowledge that he did make a woman happy.

"I love you, Dr. Christopher Benson." The words left Luciana's lips fervently, even as she opened her eyes to look at him. "I wonder if love feels like this for everyone."

"I don't know, but I'm glad I have your affection." He turned his face to look at her, smiling quietly. "Because I love you too, Luciana Russo."

---

The next morning, Luciana was woken up by the hungry cries of Poppy. Even without opening her eyes, she could feel paws and little claws all over her, punctuated with a loud, shrill meow. She smiled to herself, reaching a hand out to stroke her. Poppy licked her hand and then started to slap her face, her cries getting louder. For a calm, mellow cat, she could be incredibly loud when she wanted to.

Luciana finally opened her eyes, only to find herself still next to the fireplace, one strong arm around her. The fire had died, but the heating system had kept the room warm. It was a little after seven, although the room was mostly dark because the sun was nowhere yet. She looked down at herself, suddenly embarrassed about being naked. Chris was fast asleep, looking right at home on the rug they had successfully managed to ruin with their bodily juices the previous night.

Bodily juices. The thought made her giggle to herself. She carefully removed herself from his arms, realizing all over again how heavy he was and how soft his skin was, and rose to her feet. Picking up her nightshirt from the floor, she headed towards the kitchen. Poppy followed her, eagerly awaiting breakfast time.

"I know, I know," she laughed when Poppy pressed herself against her legs, her tail upright as she meowed relentlessly. "I can't understand how cats can be so hungry all the time," she said as she poured some gourmet pâté into her bowl. "But I think it's cute."

She put the bowl on the floor and Poppy was at it in a second. Luciana stroked her fur and dropped a kiss on to her head, before returning to the sitting room, where Chris showed no sign of waking up. She stretched her arms, feeling every muscle of her body protesting after the workout they got in one day. The sound of Poppy's loud munching and slurping floated into her ears, even as she stared at his sleeping face, unable to believe how passionate they had been the whole day. When the memories came back to mind, she folded her arms around her belly to prevent the liquid heat from getting the best of her.

Luciana showered and got dressed, all the while being watched by Poppy. She talked to her while brushing her hair in front of the mirror, and the cat simply stared at her as if she had grown two heads. When she returned to the sitting room, Chris was just starting to stir and Poppy scrambled down from her arms to toddle over to him. He sleepily smiled at her, allowing her to sit next to him and groom his hair.

"You showered without me?" he asked when he saw Luciana standing a little away from him, a wicked smile on her lips. "You look clean while I'm still on the floor."

"I have a client to meet at ten," she said, coming over to him when he sat up. Poppy climbed over his shoulder and continued to lick his hair. "I have made coffee. You can help yourself."

"You work on Sunday?"

"No, but I meet clients sometimes." She leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"Like a log." Chris picked up Poppy from his shoulder and held her in his arms. "Does she sleep in your bed?"

"Sometimes." She stroked her belly, making her yawn. "I think she loves her yellow blanket a little too much to sleep in my bed all the time."

"Is that your comfort blanket?" he asked the cat, laughing when she licked his nose. "Or more like a security blanket."

Luciana chuckled, attempting to rise from the floor. But Chris tugged at her hand, making her fall back on the rug. He leaned in and claimed her lips in a searing kiss, his hand tantalizingly running down her body. She closed her eyes, trying her best to not give in to him.

"Would you like me to make breakfast?" he asked between raining kisses on her. "I can make a perfect English fry-up in a matter of minutes."

"Really?" she gawked at him. "Oh...I..."

"You wouldn't like it?"

"I think I do have eggs, bacon, sausages and bread," she answered. Chris grinned.

"Brilliant," he said, pulling himself to his feet. "I can make breakfast first, and then shower while you're meeting your client. I'm very hungry."

"Me too," she said, linking a hand with him. "I'm glad you're here."

"Hey, I was just acting on your invitation to visit you," he joked as they walked to the kitchen. "It was too tantalizing to resist."

Luciana giggled, even as he pulled her close and kissed her again. True to what he had said, it took him under ten minutes to rustle up breakfast. He sang and danced and swirled around while he cooked, reminding her of the way he mowed his lawn. From eggs on toast to sausages and bacon to fried tomatoes, it was a big meal for two. When Poppy begged loudly, Chris indulged her with a small piece of bacon. Luciana was certain he'd soon become her favorite person.

Their breakfast was punctuated with snogging and playing footsie and loud, relentless cries from Poppy. Luciana was forced to turn on the TV to distract her from the food. She wore a long t-shirt and a pair of jeans but Chris was shirtless, his chiseled body constantly serving as a reminder to what they had been doing only a few hours ago. When the thought made her blush, Chris leaned in to kiss her neck, and she had to muster every ounce of control to stop herself from dragging him to the bedroom again.

He was as happy to have come to see her as she was about having him at her house. She hadn't shared that kind of intimacy with any of her past boyfriends, even if they did have sex. Having Chris next to her made her realize that it wasn't about the sex— it was about compatibility, friendship, and having that connection with the other person. She had felt that connection with him since the very beginning, even when he was trying to help her move on from Cleo's death.

After breakfast, they did the dishes together while Chris cracked some very bad jokes and tried to get her to dance with him. It was the doorbell of her office downstairs that jerked them apart. Poppy was already alert, leading the way even before Luciana had moved. She wiped her hands on the towel, gave him a quick kiss and made her way downstairs.

When she opened the door, the sight of the blonde woman almost blew her away. She was beautiful with her long curls, blue eyes so radiant even with the fine lines around them. She'd be around 40, clad in a winter coat and a pair of boot-cut jeans, a stylish purse dangling from the crook of her arm.

"Sorry, am I early?" she asked politely. Luciana stared at her face, trying to remember where she had seen her before that day. Her memory betrayed her but the eerie familiarity of that face almost made her uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" she asked cautiously. The woman stared for a moment before breaking into a hesitant smile.

Luciana's mouth fell open. She couldn't believe her eyes... Was she dreaming?

"No!" she gasped breathlessly. "Michelle?"

When realization dawned on her, Luciana threw herself into her arms and burst into tears.

---

Chapter 15

Luciana's heart refused to slow down. She sat on the couch with her hands gathered in her lap, her body trembling. Chris had just come out of the shower, his wet hair pushed back and smelling like her shampoo. She had also put out a spare toothbrush for him. As he walked into the kitchen to make a fresh batch of coffee, he wondered whether to focus on Poppy, who was sunbathing next to the window in the living room, or Luciana, or the woman who was now seated on the couch looking uncomfortable.

If she was really Elijah's former girlfriend, then Chris believed he indeed had been a fool to let her go. She wasn't only elegant but also had a beguiling composure around her. He could picture her being the steady companion next to Elijah, taking care of him, keeping everything together, much like Frida had done for their family. He didn't know why she reminded him of his mother when she was younger.

Even as Luciana sat there being too shocked to speak, she gently took her hands in her own and tried to calm her down. Before long, she was hugging her again, this time her body trembling from the sobs.

"Where were you?" she asked brokenly through the tears. "Do you know how much I missed you all these years?"

Michelle stroked her hair, looking almost motherly in her affection towards her. Chris didn't know what it would be like to grow up without parents, particularly for a girl to grow up without a mother. He had once heard Frida talking about the times a girl needed her mom— from her first period to her first relationship to her first broken heart. As he stared at the coffee maker, he couldn't help wondering how Luciana had gone through those big changes in life without a female figure to confide in. He knew she had a foster mother for a few years but that was far from enough.

"You have to calm down first," Michelle said to her, cupping her face and wiping the tears from her cheeks with her thumbs. "There's nothing to be so upset about."

"What do you mean?" she screeched, her arms dropping to her sides. "Elijah lied to me. He told me he doesn't remember when he last saw you, that you didn't mean anything to him, and that he didn't go to the 20-year high school reunion." She slumped back in the couch and gazed at the floor. "I cannot believe he met you two years ago but did nothing about it. And most importantly, he didn't tell me."

"He barely looked at me," she explained, appearing slightly miserable. "We are nothing, Luciana. Not even friends."

When Chris came out of the kitchen with three mugs of coffee on a tray, she eyed him curiously. He courteously put the tray on the center table and Luciana proceeded to hand Michelle her coffee.

"Thanks," Luciana murmured, briefly glancing at him. Michelle looked between them and smiled quietly.

"Is he your husband?" she asked. The question almost threw Luciana off the couch.

"No," she replied, a deep blush entering her cheeks. "He's Dr. Chris Benson, my friend."

"Nice to meet you finally," he held out a hand with a smile. "I've heard about you."

"Oh, really?" she seemed surprised as she shook his hand. Then she nudged her with an elbow. "You told your boyfriend about me?" she whispered to her.

Luciana was too embarrassed to reply, but that little exchange made them look like the best girl buddies sharing some good-natured banter. Chris stepped away from the couch, reaching down to pat Poppy on the head when she came to sniff the coffee.

"That's my cat Poppy," Luciana told her. "Be careful, she likes to dip her paw in coffee."

"Does she?" Michelle laughed, holding out her hand to her. "She's adorable, though. Does she have a limp?"

"Yes, she has a bad leg," Chris filled in. "But that doesn't stop her from anything."

"As it shouldn't," Michelle smiled when Poppy licked her hand, and then reached over to gently stroke her head. Afterwards, she put an arm around Luciana's shoulders, staring at her face. "You're so pretty," she said, holding a finger under her chin. "I remember you always had gorgeous hair.... It's strange to see you like this... all grownup."

Luciana nodded in response to her kind words. "What do you do?"

"I'm a teacher," she replied. When Luciana looked at her with wide eyes, she smiled. "Yes, I know, it's hard to imagine me as a teacher. But I knew I didn't want to be a lawyer. I love teaching kids, doing it now for 15 years."

"You did well in school. You would help Elijah and me with our homework, wouldn't you?" She paused, hesitant to say the next words. "Are you... married?"

Michelle shook her head. "I thought Elijah had married," she said, her face turning sad for a moment. "What woman wouldn't want to have him?"

She looked away and gazed at the carpet. "I think about those days almost every day," she said. "Remember one Christmas when I got you and Elijah presents with the allowance money I'd been able to scrape together? You answered the door in your pajamas and it made me sad when I saw there was no decoration at all, except a bit of tinsel here and there, and a small plastic Christmas tree on a table in the corner..."

She took Luciana's hand and held it in her lap. "When I gave him the CD, he looked so surprised because no one gave him gifts," she continued, "I had circled one song on that CD, a song that your mom used to play. You peered at it curiously, so Elijah went to the bedroom and played the song. I remember you sitting on the bed, knees bunched up to your chest, watching the stereo earnestly. You said it was sad and went away to watch TV. He told me you didn't remember your mom playing that song because you'd been too little, and that it was better that way. That was the first time he'd spoken so openly about his family... He'd said that he and his brother Thomas shared a room, but because he had a cold he was sleeping in the other room. If he'd been in with him..."

"It wasn't his fault," Luciana said.

"That's what I told him. And you know what he said? That he'd never let anything happen to you. That he'd never loved anyone like he loved you."

Pausing, she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "I told him that I'd never loved anyone like I loved him," she continued, her voice turning throaty. "I promised to keep him safe. He said that I couldn't, but that he still loved me for trying."

Luciana wanted to tell her that Elijah still treasured that CD, but instead she only held her hand. Poppy had left the couch and walked over to the window, curling up in the pool of sunshine flooding the room.

"So you only came to see me?" she asked, sipping her coffee. "There isn't a project you want to discuss?"

"There is," Michelle answered, taking a swig of her own coffee. "I just moved back to Chicago a couple of months ago, and have been looking after my parents' house after mom died—"

"Wait...what?" Luciana cut in. "Your mother's gone?"

Michelle nodded quietly. "My dad passed away five years ago, and mom this year," she sighed. "They left the house to me so I've been living there again after moving from Minnesota. It needs repair and some serious remodeling."

"You mean the house Elijah used to visit years ago is my new project?" she raised her eyebrows. Michelle stared at her face for a moment, before lowering her gaze.

"I understand if you don't want to do it," she said hesitantly. "If Elijah finds out—"