All Comments on 'The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 01'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good start now we have to wait a month to continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great start love your stories thankyou

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Going along pretty damned good but I knew it would. 5 Stars to an excellent Author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely written. I look forward to you developing the story line(s).

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Great start. Nice to see you back. Hope the next chapter is not too far off. Thanks

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

Off to a very good start but I expected that from a excellent writer like you!

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Looking damn good so far, I'm expecting great things as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good, look forward to subsequent chapters. 5*

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Great start looking forward to getting to know this couple in the coming chapters.

Cheers

SAGE

MastergoMastergoover 2 years ago

Really great first chapter, loved it will be waiting impatiently for the next instalment

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Second Chapter is with the publishers 2/11

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, y'all. Chapter 2 has been submitted, 3 is written (I'm editing), and Chapter 4 is outlined. Starting to like the characters a little too much (kinda like Barbara Ann and Caelan) so this could get outta hand.

Cal59Cal59about 2 years ago

Nice start, thanks!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

An entertaining intro to the story. I enjoy your writing style, but sometimes you use the wrong word, which a spell-check will not find because the word is spelled correctly For example, on page 1, when Jo is discussing her major and courses, you use the word phycology instead of psychology Phycology is the study of algae. Psychology is the study of human behavior. The two terms are not the same!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please get an editor!! Nice story, nice characters. But few things detract. "Her anger was palatable." Really? Thinking palpable here... etc. 5 stars however for a great intro.

Texican1830Texican1830about 2 years agoAuthor

Sorry, split and anon, but if you write 40,000 words or so, there will be a few of those. As to editors, some of the best writers on this site are edited by some of the other best, and I’ve found bigger gaffes than an omitted s and auto fill adding the wrong term and me not catching the errors.

Thanks for the support and constructive criticism, tho. Hope you enjoy the other chapters.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

It's the Ol' South on University and it is a great place for a hangover.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

ROFLMAO. 😆 🤣 😂

In spite of the fact that this leans heavily on the Country & Western music scene and I'm a Rock-n-Roll guy, I can see where you're going to reel me in on this one. I'm a Chris Alexander personality type who rescues damsels in distress. I think that it's something that is drilled into the genteel Confederate Sons from birth by their parents.

I did take exception to the way that you portray truck drivers however. If you had limited it to being one single guy acting that way, I would have given you a pass. But you more or less portrayed every driver in the Flying J as a crass lecherous slob. I used to drive 18 wheelers and I'm offended. There's actually an organization of truck drivers that are combating human trafficking and the abuse of young women. But I guess that the last time that you stopped by the Flying J at I-30 exit 4 just outside of Texarkana you didn't notice their posters.

That being said, as a commercial driver, I'm very well versed in the locations visited in this story. If there's one thing that I really enjoy while reading, it is being able to immediately picture in my head the locations written about. I've been over 90% of everything east of the Mississippi River. I've set foot in 38 of the Continental States. There's only 8 states in the far Northwest and 2 in the far Northeast that I have never seen. Texas I know quite intimately and can drive to most locations without any mapping aids at all. So it was indeed a pleasure to read about the trip as it unfolded.

You posted the conclusion a few weeks ago, so I look forward to reading this entire story in a single session. I gave you a 5/5 for this installment in spite of its shortcomings.

Mbrown0525Mbrown05254 months ago

Love your attention to detail in your stories. It’s the small stuff from mentioning old mines road in south Texas in another story to Hulen st in this story. The pancake place you mentioned in this story is the Ole south off of University. Like I said, love your attention to detail. Keep up the great work. Hope you keep writing for a long time to come.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories