The Girl in the Brothel Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She brushed out the knots as best she could, then shimmied down the ladder. By now other passengers had begun to wake and move about. Ardon's cloak was hanging from a hook on the wall. She wrapped herself in it as he folded the seats back up.

"We'll be arriving in a few minutes," Ardon said, sitting down and looking out the window. He began to button up his shirt, much to Thara's disappointment. "You'll meet my mother and she can answer all your questions."

True to his word, they arrived at the terminal a half hour later and disembarked, following the throng of people out of the train station.

Thara was struck dumb by the sheer crush of bodies, and made sure to stick close to Ardon as they made their way outside. No wonder her mother hated the city. It was noisy and crowded and smelly. Outside was even worse. Gray and brown stone everywhere, buildings so tall they seemed to block out the sun and the cheery blue sky, and hardly a green leaf in sight. The street was choked full with cabs, horses, buses, wagons and pedestrians as they descended the station steps. Thara wrinkled her nose. Her mama was right, the city smelled like garbage.

Ardon hailed a cab and they got in. They left the city proper and the crowds thinned. They passed lodging houses, shops and restaurants, brownstones and townhomes, before finally turning onto a road that was lined on either side by great, aging oaks. The air was cleaner here. There was more grass and room to run. But it was still a far cry from all that Thara was used to.

"It's different from Wrethby Creek, isn't it?"

Thara didn't respond. There was a knot in her throat and she knew if she tried to speak, her voice would wobble.

The driver took them to the end of the road, through a set of wrought iron gates and up a curving driveway where they stopped before the main steps.

"Right. Well, let's get this over with." Ardon looked weary all of a sudden. He paid the driver and they dismounted.

12