All Comments on 'The Girl in the Rain'

by Mainboy

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 2 years ago

First rate story - thank you for a very good afternoon reading

Smiffy69Smiffy69almost 2 years ago

Excellent. I do like a happy ending.

djtdev6ej63djtdev6ej63almost 2 years ago

I hope you write more. I enjoying reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice one-on-one between Derek and Steffi - but refusing to call 9-1-1 the first time is just not believable. For one thing, the injuries described are life-threatening, and the attack would be multiple felonies.

Especially with video evidence, I doubt any judge would just let these guys off.

IANAL, of course.

Had to downgrade it to a 3-star story; I liked it a lot, otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fun read. Well written with lots of 'feel'. I enjoyed it tremendously and refused to put it down.

You have any others lurking out there? Waiting anxiously for the next.

The 'intense novel'? Will you publish it here?

Snowy11Snowy11almost 2 years ago

Omg this has to be one of the best stories on this site! PLEASE make a sequel!!!

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 2 years ago

Quite the ride. Well done. Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 2 years ago

Too much chatter, too many cliché acts of vengeance by the villain. This wasn't a romance, it was a marathon. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Chapter 2, please.

Lector77Lector77almost 2 years ago

A good story, well written.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it, do feel it needed more of an ending. Perhaps a sequel? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Main, Big dang bravo! 'Not a 5 for me, but 4.5 would be close.

'Very well done w/ the characters - maybe the strongest part. You craft & tell a story well. I remember reading Geek to Farm & being very pleased also. It tells me your work will be well received in the future. These longer works take time & sweat, but I'll be glad when your next story is posted.

Kudos & best wishes.

-Dreaded Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bit long but overall a very good story. Hope your writing muse is still generating inspiration because you’re a talent writer. Thank you.

EmotionalEmotionalalmost 2 years ago

Pretty amazing story, I was hooked after reading the first page.

Remember you will never make everyone happy.

wapentakewapentakealmost 2 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable and well written story. I look forwards to reading more of your work.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Fizzled at the end. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Initial premise was good, not original but nevertheless readable. It began to go off the rails when your hero does nothing after the first violent interaction. That was not believable and the rational for his lack of action was weak. It set up continuing harassment and eventually homicide. Not uncommon in a violent and increasingly radicalized America, but all the violence did not add value to the “romance” of the story. It began to feel like driving down a road cratered with innumerable pot holes, knowing the bridge was going to be out at the end. I wanted to like but could not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Exceptional writing. I hope that you choose to write more.

Libra601Libra601almost 2 years ago

So, Steffi is blamed for this story. May I ask Steffi to hassle you endlessly?

May I comment on comments?

Overcritical. Hoo hum. It seems you missed the core of the story. The characters carried the message of underlying violence by people against people. Mainboy did a sterling job of weaving a love story around the terrifying way some people react to being jilted with out carrying it into every page but rather painted a REALLY good guy coming to grips with a Phycho. I wonder what Mainboy will do on domestic violence. Just wondering

Anonymous?? who wanted 911 called? Who told you that this story plays out in the US? Are you even remotely aware of the fact that dialling 911 in ANY other country will simply give you a failed dial tone? Not everybody in this world lives in California or Washington where you call 911 if you bump your toe and sue the local Municipality for placing a sidewalk next to a street.

I agree, The girl in the rain is not even close to Geek to Farm in style where once again there was an underlying emotion. That being his shallow anger in the beginning. Once he realized that he was unhappy with his life and went to farm, his anger evaporated.

Mainboy should get together with some of the greats on Lit. The result may be astonishing.

Five stars for content. Five stars for the way it flowed. Five stars for 'The girl In The Rain'

Libra601Libra601almost 2 years ago

So, Steffi is blamed for this story. May I ask Steffi to hassle you endlessly?

May I comment on comments?

Overcritical. Hoo hum. It seems you missed the core of the story. The characters carried the message of underlying violence by people against people. Mainboy did a sterling job of weaving a love story around the terrifying way some people react to being jilted with out carrying it into every page but rather painted a REALLY good guy coming to grips with a Phycho. I wonder what Mainboy will do on domestic violence. Just wondering

Anonymous?? who wanted 911 called? Who told you that this story plays out in the US? Are you even remotely aware of the fact that dialling 911 in ANY other country will simply give you a failed dial tone? Not everybody in this world lives in California or Washington where you call 911 if you bump your toe and sue the local Municipality for placing a sidewalk next to a street.

I agree, The girl in the rain is not even close to Geek to Farm in style where once again there was an underlying emotion. That being his shallow anger in the beginning. Once he realized that he was unhappy with his life and went to farm, his anger evaporated.

Mainboy should get together with some of the greats on Lit. The result may be astonishing.

Five stars for content. Five stars for the way it flowed. Five stars for 'The girl In The Rain'

TrionyxTrionyxalmost 2 years ago

They took her trachea out? OMG. How could the poor thing breathe?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Not charging Donald and John for the first assault was an unnecessary miss in my book, but everything else flowed perfectly. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

gripping!...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this story and share it with us. It was very gripping to read. I hope you keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Appreciated the romance, turned of by the inclusion of violence. It is literary laziness defining your villain by involving him in beatings, arson, and thuggery with guns and knives. At this level of nuttiness, it is difficult to see what Steffi ever saw in him. A more subtly drawn ex-boyfriend would have been appreciated. For every out and out crazy man like the character in this story, there are a hundred men who have attractive characteristics but some flaw that makes them unsuitable for some women. Writing about such men is harder, but more true to life.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

Overall, I enjoyed reading this. But I always take a very dim view at someone beating themselves to death because they killed someone else in self defense. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

You harped on the main character choosing to do the right thing and it ultimately leads to the death of two very bad people. But not once do you think about how Donald and his friends made their own choices to be EVIL and do criminal acts that were not justified in any way shape or form. They made the wrong decisions and choices that ultimately brought Death knocking on their doors. They both had the option to walk away and continue their lives but that wasn't the choice that they made. They chose to try and kill Steffi and Derek. They died. Good riddance. 👏

Because of your upside down liberal attitude, I can't condone giving you a 5. 4/5 is the most you will get from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Maybe I missed something, but how do you get an Uber without a phone?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story, very entertaining. I cringed though when Derek rushed to the door. early in the story, and just blindly jerked it open. Of course he paid for his innocent mistake by being brutally beaten. Maybe I’m the strange one but if you don’t call me first you don’t get in my door. Period. Don’t know my phone number? Not my problem. My life is really simpler that way. I did really like the story, I think it’s worth the Five stars I gave it.

MainboyMainboyalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous. The Uber issue was dealt with but I deleted it as I thought it simply cluttered the story with meaningless info. She phoned from the Guesthouse....

Mex9366Mex9366almost 2 years ago

Loved the story. Had a few holes bin the story if the setting was in the U

Mex9366Mex9366almost 2 years ago

Loved the story. 5\5 . Had a few holes unless setting is not US . Charges for the beating would be brought by the

Police unless sueing for damages and no hospital would put 2 patients like them in the same room. Works well as a romantic stand point. Now I will ave another story to read again and another author!

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

A complete story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great romance, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The title indicates a very confident author. I have no idea how many but there must be hundreds of stories by the name of 'The girl in the rain'.

I really enjoyed it. It touched a very real part of life. We forget our elders and I think Mainboy should do something with that. Point is, how romantic can it be? Give it a try. Please?

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 1 year ago

Could not finish story. He gets angry over nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You must hate your main character as you have him being a bumbling idiot that doesn't have a rational thought and has no clue about women, romance and is complete buffoon. The lady character is a complete twit / bimbo. They are both irrational and do knee jerk reactions in nominal settings. There is a complete loss of any consistent erotica. It is like a setting of nearly 150 years ago or something. Total lack of communication with any of the characters.

Can't imagine what backwards country you are from, but it must be from a 3rd world type country. The writing is totally inconsistent and all over the place. Have no idea how you think this is proper writing and that people actually function under the lack of auspicious lifestyle presented.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[07.01.23]

Wonderful!

Good amount of antagonism to go with the romance.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG, you are a wonderful story teller!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not really clear where the story was set, but “Guesthouse,” “favourite ,” and “Christmas cracker,” were early clues. There were minor errors, but nothing that really distracted from the overall story, which was quite entertaining. Some crazy comments, which is to be expected. ScottishTexan exhibits a lack of understanding of fiction writing, with his “upside down liberal attitude” comment. Authors write stories that do not necessarily reflect their own beliefs…it’s called creativity and imagination. But the larger issue is that ScottishTexan can’t understand guilt arising from a justified killing. He might be able to simply shrug it off, as his comment suggests, but there’s a reason that mental health providers often deal with people (e.g., police) suffering from aftereffects of killing someone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There was a buffoon making a snide remark about this story.

I read the whole thing again, just to make sure I got it right. 3rd World country? Anonymous, if you feel yourself intimidated to the point of having to resort to such belligerent comments in an attempt to justify your lack of understanding of a truly well written romance, then so be it. If you had the gumption to identify yourself then the comment would have been laudable. You missed something. Only mediocre stories NEED erotica. This one did not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Made my day. This was a story that turned a lousy day into a day I will remember for years. All because of seriously good storytelling. Thank you.

Hugo999Hugo9994 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed start to finish ... Good story well told

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMainboy@Mainboy
I like a good story that is believable and well written. I read a lot and find it very irritating to have to dump a good read because of bad writing. The 'Mainboy' thing has nothing to do with my opinion of myself but rather started as a reference to an erstwhile colleague of...

SIMILAR Stories