All Comments on 'The Girl Next Door'

by JBEdwards

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very, very nice to read a story with plot, character development, without bad grammar and without misspells. Nicely done.

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandover 1 year ago

This is a sexy, sweet, and humorous story of a young man's coming-of-age and his education in the ways of the world. Among the useful lessons Philip learns (usually the hard way) are these. (1) Girls and women are considerably less pure and virtuous than we had been led to believe. (2) One male does not stand a chance against three females acting in concert (four, if you count Mom). (3) Broad-minded cosmopolitanism beats narrow-minded provincialism any day. (4) "There are some things it's better not to know"--including what became of Veronica's hymen, how close Mom and Mr. Peters are, and who fathered Stephanie's third child.

.

I was once a teenaged boy myself and later a young man, and Philip's psychology at 18 and 28 both ring true to me--his initial naivete, his surprise and delight at discovering women's profound sexuality, and at last his embrace of ambiguity, uncertainty, and sex. His father's dogmatic religion offered certainty about God's will and everything else. Philip's current belief system offers uncertainty ... and Veronica. He knows which is the better deal. He'll never go back. (Five stars.)

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 1 year ago

A most delightful tale. Five stars.

Note to adverbly: You are the grammatical genius. Check the punctuation and work it out. Too bad you suffer from anal-cranial inversion. You missed a great story. It's your loss.

big_hardt_4ubig_hardt_4uover 1 year ago

A fun read! Just the right mix of the awkward high school days for guys and the sexy girls who always seemed to know more about sex than we did. Thanks for writing and sharing your imagination

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The first 2 sentences were exceedingly weird, but the rest of the story had a humorous, breezy style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very nice fun read! It has so much reality in it...I'm old now, but it reminds me of my past! WELL DONE!!!...5 Stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Adverbly obviously didn't enjoy growing up. This is a great story...I for one never worry about descriptions of situations or people. It's much more fun and satisfying to find out on your own. This is a story....It's too bad...he missed a great story and probably a lot of fun in his personal life, by letting some talk (or verbiage) get in the way.

AnnalovesitAnnalovesitover 1 year ago

Nice story, just wondering who Veto lost her virginity to. Good guess is her brother.

As always, love the way it builds up.

Anna

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

What a delightful story. We can all relate. I looked around at my HS reunion this summer and wondered, what if? All this time and I'm still checking out the girls. JBE zeroed right in on it: High school never ends. And somehow, the girls always seem to know. Five stars. (Note to JBE: You can delete annoying comments and save your readers the aggravation of reading them.) TR

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 1 year agoAuthor

A note about the comments: I rarely moderate comments, but I've recently become convinced that for those readers who enjoy reading the comments as well as the story, certain kinds of comments impinge on that enjoyment. In this particular case, I have deleted those comments.

OGHMNWOGHMNWover 1 year ago

This was a wonderful story with a great naive guy who is wonderful and caring of every women he’s made love too. As it appears that it’s love and not just sex that drives him. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I stopped in the middle of a conversation between the main character and a female when you made a few consecutive references to her "shift" that she was wearing. The story was incredible until you couldn't spell a key word repeatedly!

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandover 1 year ago

To Anonymous ("I stopped..."):

shift: "a straight, loose-fitting dress worn with or without a belt" (dictionary.com)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's easy to see how Anonymous thought shift was supposed to be shirt. Women don't call shift dresses shifts just like they don't call A-line dresses A-lines. They call them dresses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The first two sentences are awkward as hell. Yes, I'm familiar with the candy. No, I do not think whatever it is you tried to do was smooth. Difficult to get into the story after such a rough start.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hated the beginning of the story as much as I hate the taste of black licorice, and it didn't get any better. Sorry. Blech

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJBEdwards@JBEdwards
Breaking News: My story That Empty Colon Feeling has been scheduled to be published. It will appear tomorrow, January 11. January 6 (yes, January 6!): For reasons known only to God and to Literotica, my new story, That Empty Colon Feeling, is taking its sweet time before publ...