The Girl Next Door Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I can't help but laugh. "No. Not at all. If I tell you something, can you keep a secret?"

"Of course," he says.

I look up into his dark brown almost black eyes of his. "I... I think..." I take a deep breath and let it all out. "I think I'm gay."

"Okay," he says.

"You're not phased at all by this," I say.

"It's okay to be gay, Gracie. I'm glad you told me this and don't worry, your secret's safe with me," he says.

"Thanks," I say. God, it feels so good to finally tell someone. I mean, it felt good when I told Erin, but she really doesn't count. If only I could just come out and be myself to everyone. "You really are a good guy."

"Uh, thanks," he chuckles, the dark chocolate skin of his cheeks blooms into a rosy color. "We should get back."

"Yeah. So, what was it like?" I ask as we walk back in.

"What was what like?" he asks.

"The kiss," I say.

"Oh. Right. It was... I don't know how to explain it. She and I really connected," he says.

"You better ask her to homecoming and don't chicken out," I say.

"I will. I promise," he says. "I'm glad we can still be friends, Gracie. You're really an amazing person."

"Aww thanks," I say. I wish that was true, but it's still nice to hear it.

As I join Kate and Stacy, Kate's standing above her shouting. "You fucking bitch! I can't believe I ever trusted you!"

Kate storms off past us with tears in her eyes. Woah. What did we just walk into? Damarco and I trade looks before we both receive a text. I pull out my phone and see that a video was shared with everyone. Holy shit...

It's of Stacy and she's having sex with Samson. No fucking way! That fucking bitch! I should kick her ass, but Kate needs me right now. "I have to go," I say to Damarco before rushing off to Kate.

I catch up to her before she reaches her Mercedes. "Kate, wait up!"

She doesn't even look at me. "Just, please. I need to be alone right now."

"No, we're best friends, I'm not letting you go through this alone. Where you go, I'm going."

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Fine, just get in."

We get in her car before she pulls out and drives off. For a while, we just drive in silence. I really don't know what to say. What can I say?

She finally speaks up. "You were right. Stacy was nothing but a backstabbing hoe."

"Even so, you chose to try to see the best in her. That says more about how kind you are than how much of a bitch she is. Don't change because of what happened," I say.

We continue to drive for miles until we pull into the national park by the hillside that looks over the park. "You have always been there for me, Gracie. I wish I just would've listened to you from the start."

"Don't kid yourself, Kate. You're a good person. You can't help but be nice to everyone, even bitches like Stacy."

She turns to me with a painful smile. "Gracie? I... I have to tell you something. Promise to keep it a secret?"

"Of course, Kate. You're my best friend," I say.

Suddenly she bursts into tears. "My dad's company went bankrupt and my mom left us. We've been living in my uncle's guest house and I'm probably going to have to sell this car. I've been living a giant lie. I'm such a fraud."

"No. No, you're not, Kate. It's okay, you will get through this," I say, placing my hand on her arm and gently rubbing it.

"No, I won't... What if... What if everyone finds out? They'll think I'm some big phony? And my mom didn't even have the compassion to say goodbye. She just packed up her bags and left."

"Who gives a shit what any of them think. They're all just flakes anyways. I will always be your friend and I'll always be here for you. I promise," I say. I pull her into a hug as she buries her face in the nape of my neck. I hold her close as she lets it all out. "And I'm so sorry about your mom."

After she pulls herself together, she lets it all out. "So... What did Damarco want?" she asks, changing the subject.

"Oh, nothing. We're not going to go to homecoming together."

"What! Why?" she asks.

"It's not a big deal, he just likes someone else. He somehow ended up kissing Naomi last night. It's no big deal," I say.

"Naomi? Seriously? What an asshole. Are all men straight up douchebags?" she asks.

"No. it's not like that. Damarco is a nice guy. And the fact that he went out of his way to tell me about it first, really speaks a lot about his character. Besides... Kate, I have something to tell you," I say.

"What's that?" she asks as she looks into my eyes with those sky blue sapphires of hers that make me melt.

"I'm gay."

"Oh my god." Her eyes go wide. Not the reaction I was hoping for. Then she pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry."

"Wait, why are you sorry?" I ask, pulling myself from her. She rubs my arms as she looks back into my eyes. "For pushing you to go out with Damarco. If I would have realized you were a lesbian I would never have been so determined to get you a boyfriend. I'm so sorry."

"Aww, it's okay. I'm just glad you're okay with it," I say.

"Of course I'm okay. You're my best friend," she says. She stares at me with something I've never seen in her expression. She leans closer to me. Those blue eyes just seem to pull me in as they fall roam down my face and before I realize what's happening, our lips connect. She kisses me with a desperate hunger and I respond in kind. Her hand runs through my hair and I bask in her touch as I pull her closer to me. What only seems like a moment stretches out into forever and I never want it to end.

***

Please let me know what you think in the comment section below. Also please give it an honest rating and add me to your favorites. Don't forget to check out my profile for more content!