All Comments on 'The Gold Dollar Girls'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusabout 3 years ago

Wow, thank you!

I really like this story: the setting, the ladies (well, maybe Kayla less than the others), the open end and your stile of writing.

Is cheese on apple pie something you would recommend?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Enoyed

Enjoyed this well paced and realistic tale.. It invoked remembrances of many dancers in many places in a different time. Thanks for reminding me and making me smile.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

MelissaBaby does create some very good characters in her stories, but when she reaches into the darker side of the spectrum, her characters become memorably great. The byplay between the girls is outstanding and hilarious, serving its role in insulating them temporarily from the harsh reality they live with.

I enjoyed the Mary and Alvin series, partly for introducing me to dilly beans, which are fucking delicious, but the sweet, wholesome, nature of that relationship doesn't grab me by the throat like My Fall and Rise and this story. The Gold Dollar Girls has a blend of humor, romance, betrayal, heart break and revenge in a seedy setting, but begins and ends around a true friendship between survivors. There are not enough stars to rate this properly.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Melissa, we have missed you, Baby! You are the best and your stories are second to non on this site or elsewhere. I was hoping this might be the start of another series but I suspect the Mary and Alvin series was quite the mental work out. Non the less one can dream! Thought maybe Rhonda and Bryant might work out but I guess that's not the way these stories go.

Stay healthy, enjoy life and drop us a story once in awhile.

Cheers

SAGE

PS: Can't believe I have to mention this but for those who have never had a slice of sharp cheddar on their warm apple pie you are truly missing one of life's pleasures. About 7 decades ago when I was but a pup it was a very common thing. Another of the many pleasures modern thinking and technology has FUBARed life!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very enjoyable read. So glad your'e back and have changed gears to something like "fall and rise". Shows your great talent. Loved the banter between the girls. Thank you.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

The sharp cheddar on the piping hot apple pie is good, but a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it makes it perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A brilliant telling. A naughty Capra ensemble. Plucky ladies living at the margins. Presented with full humanity. Fab!

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

Tremendously excellent story! Rich characters. Real life situations with honest, flawed, imperfect, real, despisable, lovable characters. And I see there is a second chapter. I can't wait!

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

Really brilliant! One could see the perfect storm brewing from afar. Your characters come truly to life and indeed with all their good and not-so-good qualities let us see the warmth of what it is to be human. So ready to devour the next chapter!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 2 years ago

Different. This read more like a play with series of vignettes than a story; dialogue was incredibly authentic and there wasn’t a single Hallmark happy ending. Very well done, 5 stars.

RoperTraceRoperTraceover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, that only a former stripper could write! I put your writing in the category of, 'Why the hell is she writing on Literotica, like the rest of us poor schlubs.' I read this and think to myself, hopefully some of that talent will rub off on me, just by reading it. RT

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy12 months ago

Sex workers always being discriminated, being treated like trash and having no rights, but every man from worker up to judge are abusing them ….. thats so weird ….. and yeah this childcare debate about the boy fits perfect too ….. but taking tax income from hookers is honest?

A kind of sad story very well written and truly eye opening …. Thank you

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌸🌹

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt5 months ago

Somehow I’ve missed some of your stories. Rectifying that oversight! I love your style. It’s real, it’s gritty, it’s fuck you if you don’t like it. Wish I could hug all these women and call them friends. Just an incredible story and I am thrilled there’s a part two!

Runner4069Runner40695 months ago

The "Bitch, look at you. Those pants are about two sizes too small. Joe Camel called and wants his fucking toe back." Line might be the line of the year! The switch is names from Misty to Megan is confusing as all hell on pages 2-3 where she gets home and gets in the shower with Maya....

Victoria14xsVictoria14xs4 months ago

I have no way of knowing how authentic the details were, but I believed.

Really phenomenal gift for dialog. Again, I believed.

Fucking amazing story.

When they call one another by their real names at the end…the tug from my heart to my tear ducts…so sweet.

Bluesea00Bluesea004 months ago

they are real. you can hug them.

the story is so bitterswet. just so hard to read, sometimes. Congrats

Dome60Dome603 months ago

Very good work

OmenainenOmenainen2 months ago

I’ve been trying to come up with something to say about how wonderful this story is, but have trouble making it justice. Absolutely stunning. I love especially Clover, and all their misfortunes had me on edge, reading on as fast as I can to see what happens, hoping they’d come out sunny side up. (Except Kayla, the bitch.)

I’m a little late to this party, but the upside of that is that now I have several stories to binge on. Thank you for these characters. I’ll follow you to see if (and hopefully when!) you will tell me more of their lives.

GoldustwingGoldustwingabout 1 month ago

What fun! These larger than life characters had me grinning from the first page. Great dialogue and the tough lifestyle they inhabit is confronting but beautifully rendered with your magical writing style.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

One the most authentic and engaging stories I’ve ever read in this site. Wonderful characters. Excellent dialogue. Great pace. And, like life must of the time for sex workers, no happy ending. Awesome story.

And I think I’m in love with Rhonda/Roxy. I’ve always had a soft spot for dancers…and I definitely fit one of your three stereotypes!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES