All Comments on 'The Good Life Isn’t Just About Money'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

Hard to read. Every time you wrote dialogue they used each others names. Good grief. A trust can be written as a separate entity outside the marriage. If the trust ended with her death then he would have to pay estate taxes on it. Your whole premise regarding the trust was wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A pair of idiots

jasonnhjasonnhabout 3 years ago

The whole story seems based on Dave trying to protect his inheritance from his gold digging wife. As I understand it, the assets are determined as of the date of filing for the divorce. All he had to do was file and he was protected.

All the conversations with his wife are idiotic. She is a seriously warped woman, "damaged by growing up poor". However, looking deeper, she also feels entitled to get what she wants by any means necessary. In essence, she has NO moral compass, just her own needs. That's even worse than her need for money. Many people grow up poor and have a strong desire for a better life. Most of those people would not rob a bank to get money. I get the feeling this wife would and would feel justified in doing it. As Dave found out, it's dangerous to get in the way of her ambitions. She is monomaniacal and once you understand this, early in the story, it becomes boring.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago

JClife. Sorry Mate but you have absolutely no understanding of how a Trust works. If you are going to write a story around Trust Assets then you must learn how it operates.

A Trust is a legal entity unto itself. Assets within are owned by the Trust itself, NOT BY THE BENEFICIARIES. Therefore, it is NOT part of matramonial assets. There was no danger of the Trust assets being drawn into a Divorce asset split because even if his mother had died before his divorce, he does not own the assets. The Trust does. He would simply be a beneficiary.

Also, his Mother cannot disperse the Trust assets in her will. She could only access the Trust while she was alive. Well, the Trustees would, on her behalf. Once she died, NOTHING. She DOES NOT OWN THE ASSETS! She also would have been a beneficiary, along with her husband (now deceased) and Dave their son.

The story itself was fine but was ruined by the incorrect description and use of a Trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So what is it? In the opening paragraph they've been married 3 years, a few paragraphs later it's 5 years. The score began diminishing at that point and steadily dropped a sI read. I forced myself to read the entire thing only to be disappointed. Silly me, I kept looking for a story that didn't exist. Then there were the continued statements of him not willing to be a cuckold, but feel free to fuck your boss. Money doesn't have to ruin you, it only happens when you let it. When the little woman and I decided to retire we sold our business of 47 years for a tidy seven figure deal. Most of it is still in the bank. We bought a house outright in Alabama for the winters and kept our cabin in northern WI for the summers. I bought a new pickup, she bought a new Hyundai Sonata, the rest is still in savings waiting until we kick off in another twenty years or more and the kids will get to piss it away. Five pages of what should have been three at the outside helped drop this from a 3 to a 2 real quick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I was hoping for another sub-standard raac from you but this time you surprised me with a sub-standard btb. The story could have been told in 750 words but you took five pages to wrap up this drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A cruel story, the lead character is really unlikable the story has minimal plot development and a predictable ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow, glad this is fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not bad. Not great.

Since your MC was up front with Molly about her infidelity, an alternative strategy to pulling off the complicated rapid divorce scheme with Jay would that would have protected his upcoming wealth would have been to get Molly to sign a post nup agreeing to an arrangement that in case of divorce for adult rBy, she gets nothing but what she brought into the marriage.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

An easy 5 stars for a very well written story.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 3 years ago

Sad story of a man who misguidedly and deliberately sabotages his own marriage. He knows he will get money. She doesn’t. She has lived a life of extreme poverty,. He hasn’t. He is clueless about the impact on her of this defining aspect of her life. How wearing and anxiety provoking it can be. He lies by omission. He holds it over here, a secret so powerful that it warps his own thinking—after all, he can afford to be relaxed about the future since he knows the trust will come to him in due course. And he wonders why she looks around and is seducible? Money and it’s lack is an underlying cause of many divorces. He added to his own divorce proceedings and rejects any responsibility for its outcome. His reply to Molly’s accusations at the end shows how much in denial he is. He doesn’t answer her with the bullshit he offered at the beginning about credit cards being run up. He just called her a bad person. He is an entitled individual and clueless to his own culpability in this mess he helped cause. And the. Fucks with his wife again by destroying her opportunity to work at her job, because holding to an agreement with Sutter was suddenly, what, inconvenient? It hurt? Justified?

And he has a happy ending with someone who will come to love him for who he is—a man who is wealthy. Oh, irony. Thy name is ... Dave!

Look forward to the sequel where the Pilates and Yoga Goddess takes a big chunk of his net worth in a messy divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Molly missed her calling. she should have been a Call Girl/Escort. Short work hours, lots of sexual variety, and a high hourly, added bonus she liked anal sex and could charge for it!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Good story! 5*****

No spouse of any value could accept what she wanted. Playing her that way was understandable and hardly dishonorable under the circumstances. It really is a sad story, but she was lost to both the marriage and herself once she submitted to her boss' overtures.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Good entertaining little tale that, always nice to have a few extra dollars but it's realistic to assume you can have too much. Thank you for your work.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

An interesting story and in the end, it revolved around fear.

Dave allowed his fear to control him by not being able to use his money and not being able to give it away. Molly was afraid of being in abject poverty and was controlled by it.

Let’s imagine, there was no inheritance. Could they have survived on Dave’s income alone?

No. There was no way they could have a family on his income. So what kind of man forces his wife to work because he’s unwilling to do what it takes to earn a better income? Molly was. She sold her body so they could live a better life, free from financial concerns and what was her thanks?

Divorce.

I’m not condoning her actions; but they are understandable. She recognized what poverty does and the emotional toll it takes on children and she was willing to sacrifice to protect her family.

What was Dave willing to do? When faced with a challenge, with adversity, he retaliated. He hid. He ran. He lied. He deceived.

Stress reveals our true nature and in the end, Dave came up short. Yes, she cheated and was unwilling to change because of her fear of poverty; but Dave was equally unwilling to change. He was unwilling to protect his wife and in my opinion, that is the greater sin.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

When your tale started, you had me feeling really bad for Dave. In the fleeting moments of wanting a better life Molly screwed up. In the end Molly becomes the biggest loser and Dave finds his goddess. Then I puked all over your story.

The true villain in this story was Dave. He knew about the money through his whole marriage but chose not to say anything or use any of it to help make his life with Molly (who he claimed he loved) any better. He moves to San Diego, opens up a new business (not hiding his money) meets a true goddess and marries her. Because she knows about the money, how do we know for sure she isn't a gold-digger also?

Where he and Molly had to work all the time and couldn't do the same things he does now, how are we not to know Molly wouldn't have pursued the same path as she did. If he had led the same pauper life in San Diego and met the goddess and married it would have resonated better with me.

JohnD46JohnD46about 3 years ago

Tells a god story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I will be honest, I skimmed. I did like the end. His set up was great and he left with his money intact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Too much moralistic claptrap

Although the idea that he would get "cremated" in a divorce was an original thought. Otherwise this felt like a Sunday School lecture.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the overall story and characters. I loved Dave's scheme for the quick divorce although I'm not sure it was necessary. In the US, once you file for divorce you place a stake in the ground and Molly wouldn't have had access to the trust as part of the marital assets. The narrative got a little sloppy toward the nd so gave 4* for an otherwise 5* story. Solid effort!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a dickhead - if life was that wonderful he wouldn’t have lied to her - waste of space

StoneyWebbStoneyWebbabout 3 years ago

Inherited wealth is not considered a marital asset.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story has a moral that is 100% true. All the trinkets money can buy will not keep a person truly happy. Ask a wealthy young couple that can not conceive a child. I'd be willing to bet, they would give most of it to truly have a family and children to love... WONDERFUL STORY

KidCreoleKidCreoleabout 3 years ago

Waiting was a waste of time. An inheritance is not part of the martial estate, so, she never had a claim on it. He should have just divorced her as soon as he found out. He had nothing to lose. However, you would not have had a story.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Great read! I like the evolving theme of love over riches, and striking a balance between working for a living and living to work. That being said the reactions of Molly seems to unbelievable to be real. In the past i have seen some people do stupid and make wild justification for putting themselves out there for money. But a woman who divorces with the expectation that she will continue to have an affair with her ex-husband while at the same time is married to her sugar daddy is a bit too far to be believable.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

I've enjoyed several of your stories but this fell flat for me. I knew where the story was going as soon as you said she was going to be a paralegal and the story went down hill from there. No really likeable characters or emotions to pull your reader into the story. Pretty much a paint by numbers story of another dumb as a post paralegal.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Good story. Molly was a gold digger, but also an idiot. She might even be mentally challenged to think that Dave would accept marriage to a wife who was in fact a prostitute. Extra credit for burning Sutter after the divorce, and even more for the mother in law getting Molly to show up for the reading of the will. This forced her to see what her cheating cost her. Some times love isn't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Money can buy health ,happiness or love, it pays the bills. She whored herself out for some luxuries and he saved his estate. I doubt she would have been able to touch his inheritance...

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Page 2-He's going to get cremated in any divorce? That seems excessive. 😂

Funny story. Besides the mentioned problems, she's real stupid. Bad idea for his kids to share dna with her.

baulloyder68baulloyder68about 3 years ago

Very good story and well written. I to love a good BTB story. Should be more but only FIVE*****s are allowed. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Didn't like the M/C he was not honest with her before they got married, about his financial situation, nor was he honest throughout their marriage. While he did not deserve to be cheated on, by his wife, he did help set up the circumstances for her cheating, if he had of been honest about their financial situation in the first place she would have had no motivation to cheat. Poverty is the one of the worst things that can happen to a person in their life, it lowers a persons self esteem, and distorts their life. The M/C could not relate as he grew up in a middle class background, then had millions as a back up if everything went to shit in his life. She would always be nervous and insecure until she had enough wealth to help overcome her earlier life, plus therapy.

PeelercrabPeelercrababout 3 years ago

All that is gold does not glitter, all those who wander are not lost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I gave this story a 5 because of the authors ability at writing to transfer the thoughts and Pain of a cheating wife. The author wrote about a Husband that loved truly his wife and not riches or status. I (male) was maybe even in a poorer family than the Cheating wife. That poor status caused lots of stress from my class mates. I got money in the bank and assets that I don't care to flaunt or spend. Yes it drives my wife to distraction. RC

robinhodrobinhodabout 3 years ago

Is there an American dictionary that contains the word 'cuckhold?

I'm a Brit. ALL our dictionaries have cuckold, with no alternative spelling.

This is a serious question as I've seen cuckhold in other stories.

I don't suppose you'll see this but my spell checker has put red lines under cuckhold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I appreciate the moral of the story. Glad he finally found a real woman for a life partner. Begs the question, how could he date and come to love such a selfish ignorant grasping whore? Like none of those character traits affect a person's behavior, their values, their attitude, their priorities in life? Or did Molly suddenly get hit with Martian Slut Ray?

Whatever. Thanks for the effort.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Five Stars on the Predictability Scale

How does Daddy manage to go wild and still leave the15 megabucks to Mommy? Every ‘surprise’ was forecast mercilessly. Coulda been done in 2 LIT pages except for dragging every issue repeatedly through the pig sty!

3*

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

All the stories are the same. Boring.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 3 years ago

SOPHIE TUCKER SAID

"I've tried it rich and I've tried it poor. Rich is better."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok I gave this a 5 star because I like it very much.

5/5 stars.

Thanks author.

JetskibumJetskibumabout 3 years ago
Trusts

...are separate property.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well, ignoring the Brontosaurus in the room - that inheritances are *not* joint property, and so the $15M would not have been at risk in the divorce - you could have cut out 90% of the repetitious sermonizing and made the story much tighter. Even if you did so, however, the Brontosaurus does exist, and so the story has really no driving force.

ttom76ttom76about 3 years ago

You did a fine job setting up the problem, but then wrecked it with your 'facts' about divorce.

Really, look up divorce law, get a handle on your topic before you write.

#1 his separate funds are just that, his. She has no part in it. They are not even his, yet

#2 divorce takes into account their finances as of the time he files, not when it's completed.

#3 Attorneys are sharks, and there are a lot of big ones in any state. He would have no trouble finding decent representation, especially with family law.

When you make such huge blunders, I just quit reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Rich with someone who repulses you or middle class with someone who makes you happy?? still suprises me how many women choose rich and unhappy, unsuprising is these women will always have affairs

NorthHunterNorthHunterabout 3 years ago

Great story this is the 2nd one of your stories I have read and well worth the time thanks. I have read a lot of the comments on here and got a real laugh out of them. This is a work of fiction Hell you never even named the state that this happened in LOL. A person has to have a suspension of disbelief to read a work of fiction. These idiots are the ones that come out of an action movie believing that some chick can whoop 10 guys in a bar fight laughable.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 3 years ago

Clearly a 5 and this is the first totally fresh approach in the LW section since I started following Literotica some years ago. I'm almost through the entire series of stories but really feel that this is the best!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
@anony 4/10/21 — inheritance and divorce

From what I understand, in some states (I believe at least California and Massachusetts) an inheritance received during the marriage is totally part of the assets considered in divorce. Also, in other states its not unheard of for judges to rule that the inheritance was transmuted into a joint asset (unless some very strict separation of the funds are done) if ANY of the monies were commingled, with some judges being more or less strict about it, sometimes taking into account kids and length of marriage.

Of course for this story’s sake, as long as it’s one of the “other” states, since Dave was planning the divorce, he could easily keep the funds from commingling so it would not have been a problem.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Was Dave really smart; or was slut REALLY stupid???!!! 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Punishing her by getting her to marry Sutter was clever and amusing. The big flaw is that in every community property state the bequest from the mother would be separate property, not community property.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

sorry but someone that messed up in the head would have killed them selves after losing everything. oh and good god man it "cuckold" not "cuckhold" didnt spell check catch that or was u too lazy to even use that

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Great story! Thanks and 5 BIG stars.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Clever. I like how he figured out quickly that she was a rotter and he just wanted OUT.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Tossed and turned on a stormy sea of misspellings, repetition, and cliches; I was hit by a tsunami of stupid with the trust.

Several commenters have mentioned comingling vs. community property. Some states allow a judge to divide it anyway. No matter. ttom76's point #2 is correct. Filing for legal separation or divorce stops the clock on assets. If the wife is jobless the husband may be required to pay mortgage, utilities, and support pending the divorce, but inheritance after filing is untouchable. Besides, probate takes a minimum of 4 weeks.

As soon as Dave heard Molly's feelings on an open marriage, it was OVER. Why the fuck would any sane person feel guilty manipulating her. which Dave feels more than once.

Mom had 3 months. "Several months later" was mentioned once. Unless they list the exact dates as they go; NEVER trust any LitRot author to tell time longer than 3 weeks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Question, If you couldn't tell her about the trust, knowing her financial insecurities, then why did you marry her? Why would you marry someone you thought would wish your mother dead if she knew about the trust (not that it mattered, either, as mom was perfectly generous). You were lying to her from Day 1 of the marriage. Shocking that the brilliant plan failed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have to agree with the Anon from 25 days ago... If he is already holding back information at the beginning of their marriage it is no surprise that the relationship failed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dumb fucking whore!

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Convolueted

Convolueted way of getting rid of her,all he had to do was to keep the details of his mother's will from her.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

I hate stories where the MC secretly has a shitload of money, i see it fairly often. If you can't trust your wife with that much money you don't trust her enough to marry her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gold digging whores that suffer make me smile

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Pretty preachy for a guy who hid information from his wife at the start of their relationship

woodwardwoodwardabout 2 years ago

Ingenious story. Really appreciated it and looking forward to more.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 years ago

Sorry, this is just dumb as heck. An inheritance it typically not part of marital assets, and belongs instead to the person who received it, which makes the entire premise here silly. And this is not even considering that concealing assets is also typically something that can be punished by anything from a redistribution to perjury charges, which means that the great reveal is really more grounds for more court action (or would be if it weren't for what I noted about inheritances.)

tizwickytizwickyabout 2 years ago

Trusts are NOT marital assets. Technically he had (but did not control) the trust prior to his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nasty little BTB story in which the cheated upon husband is an even viler specimen of humanity that the cheating wife. His childhood was blighted by excess riches so he wants a simple life. His wife's childhood was blighted by extreme poverty but he doesn't give a toss as long as he is living the life he wants. So much for love. She might have loved him but he certainly never came close to loving her.

Of course, this is a ridiculous macho fantasy so hubby's deceit and vindictiveness is acceptable and he lives happily ever after and everyone else gets screwed. Only in Literotica.

LA

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Four pages too long, throwing a thousand words on a page when one would do isn’t going to make that story any better.

Got_an_accountGot_an_accountabout 2 years ago

Lol, LA are you really trying to equate wanting to live a simple life to the fetid narcissism that the wife paraded throughout the story? You’re delusional. I guarantee that if that shoe happened to be on your foot, your head would magically put itself back on straight in a hurry. Growing up poor doesn’t give you license to live like an oligarch, especially not on someone else’s dime, nor does it allow you to use other people for fulfillment and remain uncommitted. So much for love indeed, what a jagoff pos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 STARS - BEST STORY ON HERE

YOU CHEAT YOU GET DIVORCED

ONLY COMPLAINERS ARE RETARDED FEMINAZIS AND BETA WHITEKNIGHT CUCKS

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Great story, goes to show what goes around comes around and Molly learned that the hard way. Well done 5+++++Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think that the dialogue could have been adjusted to be more believable. I would say that this would be a pretty glaring character flaw not to spot when doing one's due diligence.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 2 years ago

I'd just like to comment on one small part of the story. I live in LA and a large percentage of us believe that San Diego is heaven on earth. If I had 9.5 million, I'd be living there tomorrow. I could even learn to root for the Padres.. That's all I wanted to say.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

5 stars for the story. But one detail seems unrealistic and bad. There as a VERY large risk, that the ex or her lawyer BF would re-litigate the divorce based on knowing about the trust

It would have diminished the BTB value slightly but rubbing her nose into the inheritance was a very bad idea. They should have asked the lawyers to give her $10k and get her out of the room before discussing what he inherited.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"I took the video of Sutter fucking Molly and sent it to the American Bar Association with a cover letter explaining what he had done." And that's supposed to do what?

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Knowing how she grew up why would he not tell her about the trust?

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

So his mom gives away 6 million to charity and only gives her son 9 million well fuck you Mom

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[08.10.22]

Good Story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An inheritance is not considered marital assets.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

1. No need to put the person's name in every line of the dialog. Context allows reader to figure out who is talking.

2. Nothing wrong with wanting money in life. Cheating is bad, but wanting money is not bad. Those two things are lumped together and condemned equally in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I took the video of Sutter fucking Molly and sent it to the American Bar Association with a cover letter explaining what he had done." Why? What do you think that does? The ABA is a professional association. It is not a state bar organization. It has nothing to do with lawyer discipline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved this story. Gave it a “5”. Pretty much, every woman who leaves her husband for another man, is attempting to “ trade up”. Every 20 something year old woman, who marries an older “ Gringo”, is trying go do the same thing. There is a reason that 80% of divorces are instituted by women. The societal pressures that used to make women work on their issues, and fix marriages, now applaud them for breaking up their families. Marriage as an institution, is dead. Ask any 20 something year old woman, about the difficulty trying to find a man to commit. All women are gold diggers, to some extent. They are programmed in their DNA, to look for a mate with the most resources. Thankfully, that is not the only attraction metric. But just like a happily married man, can get swayed by a woman with a killer body who pays attention to him, a wife or girlfriend will fall, for a richer guy. It is, what it is......

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

I don't think if there was a trust for her son she'd have the leeway to give away a third of it. So not a trust just an inheritance.

Someone mentioned wanting money isn't bad. No, everyone wants to live well. I think their point is putting money and possessions higher than those you care about is bad. Thigh the author would have to confirm that himself.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

Anonymousabout 1 month ago

"I loved this story. Gave it a “5”. Pretty much, every woman who leaves her husband for another man, is attempting to “ trade up”....."

the best part of this work is the hilarious comments ... like this one from anon!

thanks, you made me laugh

Luckyguy1965Luckyguy1965about 1 year ago

Guys like definitely like stories like this because I am definitely middle class with no hopes of anything else. But I am happy

IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

Loved it. She said "God Davey, you are so fucking stubborn". Nope she don't have a stubborn issue at all. Bat Shit Crazy.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

Not a single character worth a damn. Devious cheaters all and why Dave is allowed to have a good life while Molly is punished terribly is beyond me. Not worth spending a lot of time analyzing but I will close with a well deserved 2* rating.

Viper2011Viper2011about 1 year ago

Why the hell would anyone move to California especially if they have money.

A real dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with overcritical, no one worthwhile in this story. Davey is an a*hole but no less than anyone else in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Meh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How in hell did the Sutter arsehole not lose his license to practise? What a stupid delusional slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Having now read through your entire story list, I must say that you have had some really good story ideas. Unfortunately you have, to varying degrees, failed in the execution of every one of them.

I agree that the MC was an idiot, but I don't understand why commenters are calling him an asshole. Yes, he deceived his gold digging wife, AFTER she became a cheating slut, in order to protect his expected inheritance from her. That doesn't make him an asshole. That simply makes him a little less stupid than he's portrayed in most of the story.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

I VERY rarely side with the Femdom agitprop cheater, but in this case… “How could you. You set me up. Why didn't you help me?” I agree with her. She cheated on him, but she is also an innocent of sorts, who really did love him, and as her husband, he should’ve rescued her from own poor decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I didn't read your full story.....my main problem with you is not understanding where your wife came from. Poverty is not a joke and I can assure you that any poor man will tell you this, whenever we start living comfortably we get scared it will end and the first thing we do is to ensure that does not happen. Try to understand people from their perspective before you force your perpetual beliefs on them. And that comment of yours about money being poison is sure stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Relationship built on a lie (of omission). Shocked it didn't work out.

"So, despite her concerns about whether we could obtain riches and ever live the upper-class life she desired; she fell in love with me and she accepted my marriage proposal" So, the MC, supposedly loving her, could immediately end her concerns. If its because you think she'll end up like your dad, then what are you doing marrying her in the first place? You love her enough to marry her, but not enough for the truth. Got it.

Ah, such are the dilemmas of the secret Millionaire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He's an asshole because he lied to her from the very start, and debates whether he'll ever stop lying to her. The very start, not "after". He's an asshole because he thinks he is some kind of noble knight, to be the secret millionaire who eschews wealth. So asshole lies to the woman determined to escape poverty. And tests her with his noble thumb already on the scales against her, every day. And asshole set her up from the start, and is a cruel child at the end, rubbing it in. That's why he's an asshole.

TracklTrackl11 months ago

Got mixed feelings from this. Yeah, yeah, in the end she was a cheating slut and etc, and he was right to leave her. But, as it was pointed, she had big issues about wealth, and he had means to deal with those issues, but he did not. Yes, there was a chance she would end up like his father, but also there was a chance she would not.

Not that I atone her actions, but if she came from destitute, he should have known better, that there must be some mental issues about having the money, so either you do not marry her at all, or work on this from the very beginning, not just watch how it will play.

Also it was hard to believe she was that delusional. Yeah, golddigger mentality, but still, acted too stupid.

Norseman123Norseman12311 months ago

Sounds like 75% of women to me 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

With so many options I think the choice the author went with was not thought out, and definitely not the best option. Since the MC was a simp willing to stay married to her despite her being a whore, he should have tricked her into signing a post-nup then told her she could quit her job, and live a life of controlled decadence, staying true to the man she loved, with the post-nup protecting him from any future infidelity and keeping his money under his control, since he was a simp and could forgive her that would have led to a happier ever after. Personally for me fk no, cheating/infidelity would've been to much, and I couldn't have slept with the hoe after she'd cheated. She said she couldn't handle it being an open relationship so I would've either started fkn another woman or just told her I was, that would've given her a dose of the pain mind you not as much because men suffer way more! But it would've returned some of it as well as driven her to divorce him so no need to have unwanted sex with the whore and get either a divorce or open (all be it forced on her) relationship-not for me, but those 10% of simp men who can deal a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If you don’t trust someone enough to tell them anything important about your life (like how your father died), then marrying them seems incredibly dumb. I think Dave would have kept his wife easily if he had trusted her. But he didn’t trust her, snd since marriage is based on trust he betrayed the marriage even before she did.

Also, for future reference it’s spelled cuckold, not cuckhold. The spellcheck is there for a reason :)

Rayjag1980Rayjag19804 months ago

Storyline has potential but the way it was written comes off sophomoric. 3 stars.

Also, most states once divorce is written up, assets stop there. My divorce I was told by my lawyer that once we were legally separated (living apart) and we lawyered up, if I hit the lottery my ex had no legal right of claim as we were "legally separated". This also meant that if I incurred any major debts, she wasn't legally bound either.

These LW authors need to do a little research for realism.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous