All Comments on 'The Greater Good'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Not romance and maybe its time you finished stories you've left hanging for years.

laf199laf199almost 7 years ago
Good but feels unfinished

I liked the story, its believable to me. A lot of people turn to unexpected places in their grief, and the idea of a man falling into a relationship with his wife's sister is not all that uncommon.

Perhaps Viv is right and they all need to move on. I don't doubt that might be the best outcome, but I feel there is more story to tell here, so I'm disappointed it seems like this is the end of the story. I saw enough of these characters to know I want to see more.

As to whether it's a romance story, maybe not...but I'm not sure it fits into an exact category on here. And that's not the worst thing in the world. I like stories that explore different topics.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 7 years ago
Compelling

Great vignette. Stands alone, but I'd love to see "...two years later. ...". Oh, by the way, very sexy wake up, for them AND for me. Thanks for the submission. *****

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 7 years ago
THIS is what you were born to write

Fucking brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant. My new all-time favorite of yours, topping the poignant Moira by just a little. Not ashamed to admit I was misty-eyed, and that the sex was maybe your hottest yet.

Keep doing this. Never stop doing this.

AC_PandorraAC_Pandorraalmost 7 years ago
Nice little piece...

...but it feels like a starter. I swallowed it and it was really good but it left more appetite. I hope there will be a main course once.

Thanks for submission. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I would start with the second paragraph and delete the first. It's not necessary and too purple-prose-y. Other than some editing to fix errors, grammar slips and some things that make no sense,e.g, " It filled her like a glove." Gloves don't fill anything. Maybe, "She fit him like a glove."?

Other than that, a very good scene! I really appreciate the way you told us what Vivian looks like without a police blotter-like list of height, weight - and too often - bra cup size. Nice!

ShannonBlackwaterShannonBlackwateralmost 7 years ago
Very enjoyable!

I really enjoyed reading this story about a real-life situation. I think you caught and expressed the feelings and sentiment very well. Good job! Keep writing!

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Excellent Moment

in fascinating lives. The back story will always have me wondering but this moment was wonderful in itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What bullshit!

She is putting her own self interests ahead of her nephew's. She isnt the only prosecutor available. There will be 100s of applicants who could do the same great job as she could. She just being selfish by wanting to make herself famous. What a bitch!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yep

but the real mistake was letting Aunt Vivian that deeply into his and his son's life.

PencarrowPencarrowover 3 years ago
THE ONLY THING REMOTELY RELATED TO ROMANCE IS THAT SHE LOVES HERSELF AND HER JOB

The characters in this story do not instill empathy and I couldn't really care less what happens to them.

Vivian appears to be a woman driven by her ambition to excel in her career. I have no problem with that, but her character is one of selfishness in that her own needs come before all others. Her character does not fit easily into a so-called romance story.

Mark appears to be a weak man, and we are given the subtle impression that the two of them may have had an on-going affair while he was married to Cassie. Although there's nothing specific, he does say he could NEVER resist her (Vivian). We also learn that they were both in law school 14 years prior, so they have obviously known each other long enough to establish some sort of relationship.

It's been two years since Carrie died and yet Mark complains that Vivian keeps flitting in and out of his life. I can understand this if they were in a clandestine relationship while he was married to Carrie, but if it's only been happening during the last two years then why the hell is he still complaining? She's obviously not wife material and even she (Vivian) tells him this.

I also find the premise that she has been chosen to head an ICC case too much. After all, it was only 14 years ago that she was still in law school.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

It was a most effective and affecting vignette. 5* storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great read

He is screwed either way. If she leaves he is heart broken. Tell her to stay away until sam is 18. If she now stays she is staying for sam and not him. Shame

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is bullshit! They could have gotten another person to replace her as prosecutor. She wasn’t indispensable.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

Whether Aunt Viv is indispensable or not or a good person is not my takeaway on this. Adults can NOT just walk away from a 9 yr. old child with no reasons, preparations after the child's Moher passed away. Tremendous abandonment issues.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Has nobody in this story heard of airplanes?

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Unfinished!!!As a reader,I am tired of repeating myself to authors..IF YOU CAN"T finish a story,don't post it until you can.!! 1 star only as its not a story but a happening.

.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

SIMILAR Stories