The Green Albatross - Prologue

Story Info
Boy finds relic that makes him lucky with the ladies.
2.5k words
4.01
11.2k
9

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/13/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters in the story are 18 years of age and above.

*****

"Ugh, second day in Raqad and I'm already dreading it," Theodore whined during the bus trip to the ruins of an Ancient Civilization of a foreign country he and his class had signed up for.

"Oh shut up, we're on holiday and you're spewing negativity. It's not like you're watching over the welfare of the class here," Theodore's friend Gerald responded.

"I could have used my hard-earned money to go to France instead. Always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower," Theodore said.

Gerald decided to change the subject, "So you still perving on that cute tenant of yours?"

"Nope, never have and probably never will. Not interested," Theodore answered nonchalantly.

"Man, I've always dreamt of of putting my big dick into her tight little pussy," Gerald fantasized to Theodore.

"Haha yeah, if you're even telling the truth about the size of your dick," Theodore tried to be snarky.

Soon enough, they've arrived at the ancient Raqad castle, their main itinerary for the day. The tour went by just like any other field trip; some of the students were staring at the statues inside the castle in awe while the rest were laughing away and cracking stupid jokes.

Theodore and Gerald were part of the quiet group until they reached the level just below the top.

"Yo Teddy, come with me. I need you to check this out," Gerald told his friend.

"But we've got to stick with the rest of the class!" Theodore resisted.

"Don't be such a square. Come on now," Gerald was being stubborn.

"Make it quick!" Theodore finally followed Gerald.

They both went inside one of the rooms in the chamber, breaking away from the rest of the class. Once inside the room, they both used their phone flashlight to get a better view. The whole room was just empty with writings in the old language on the walls until the two have reached the end of the room. It was a statue of a bird on a pedestal. It was not that big, less than a feet high and about two feet wide with its wings spread out. And surprisingly, it was green in color, different from the other grey statues seen throughout the pyramid.

"It's beautiful!" Theodore was in awe.

"This, my friend, is the Green Albatross. This ancient relic brings good fortune to the one who possesses it," Gerald explained to Theodore.

"Well, if it brings good fortune, it shouldn't be here in a castle inhabited by no one, right?" Theodore questioned sarcastically.

"Well that's because it carries with it a curse. The user has to follow a set of strict rules and moderate its use of good fortune lest tragedy will befall on him. The men of this ancient civilization had all gotten so greedy or lazy to the point they had lost their lives to this relic," Gerald gave out an exposition dump.

"Wait, how do you know so much about this statue?" Theodore asked.

"My uncle worked as an archaeologist during his younger days and I used to spend my summer nights listening to him sharing his experiences exploring the ancient regions of other countries," Gerald explained.

After a short pause staring at the Green Albatross, Theodore got slightly more curious about it and asked Gerald, "So how does this thing work?"

"I was told that you must first slot in its mouth a piece of raw squid but uh...I can't remember what the following steps are. Whatever, just leave it. The others have probably left without us," Gerald started to make his way out of the room and Theodore followed.

The rest of the day went by well for Theodore and the rest of the class as they were enjoying their activities. Unfortunately, things took a turn when Theodore came back to the inn to rest for the next day. Whilst surfing the internet on his mobile phone, he received a text message from his Mother. It read, "Teddy dear, are you available right now? Please give a call, I need to talk to you."

Starting to get worried, Theodore gave his Mother a Whatsapp call. "Teddy?" His Mother, Helen, answered.

"Mom, what's happening? I'm worried," Theodore got straight to the point.

"Teddy, your Father...he..just got retrenched," Helen struggled but managed to deliver the bad news.

"So...what's going to happen now?" Theodore's heart was starting to race.

"We've thought of a few things. Government assistance, food stamps or welfare checks. Your father wants to start working as a food delivery man. We're not sure if we can get by with a much lower salary but those are the best options we've got." Helen laid out the options and alternatives to her son to try and convince him and herself that the situation was not all that bad. She had no intention of calling him to bring the bad news but it was only right that he was informed of the change in the situation, the sooner the better.

After a long conversation about finances and decision making, Theodore sat on the edge of his bed only to think about how his family life would change due his father's unfortunate situation. Then slowly, the thought of the statue he had encountered earlier during the day crept into his mind. What if the legend really is true? The good fortune it brings could help turn the tables for his family and things could go back to the way they were.

Theodore made a Google search on The Green Albatross and after reading a few different websites including blogs and a Wikipedia page, he gathered that the Green Albatross was a relic forged by a blacksmith and blessed by a Wizard of the ancient Civilization of Mascato. In order to become its possessor and have good fortune be bestowed upon the individual, he or she must make an offering by burning raw squid followed by extinguishing the fire with a concoction of the future owner's blood and seawater. If the Green Albatross accepts, it will start bringing good fortune by giving out instructions on the steps to be taken in order to achieve its users' desires. However, such ownership lasts for only six months. After which, the user must either find a suitable successor as a new user of the relic or perform a final ritual in front of it, usually in the form of sexual intercourse. If the current user fails to abide by the rules, a curse will befall on either him or her or their loved ones.

Theodore, being caught up between thinking of his family's situation and the curse that might probably befall on him by using the Green Albatross in an irresponsible way, became too stressed to continue weighing the stakes and decided to go back to bed.

The next day came and it was pretty much a free day for the class. While everyone else was out shopping or eating, Theodore went back to the pyramid where Gerald introduced him to the Green Albatross. The statue was still in the same chamber and on the same pedestal as the day before. He only had a day to think about this; take the risk and save his family, or prepare to suffer for many years to come. After a long time pondering, he finally made his decision; the Green Albatross will be his. He bought a whole raw calamari from a nearby fishmonger and in a ceramic bowl, mixed his own blood with water from the city beach.

Theodore came back to the chamber with the materials, ready to begin the ritual. As he was giving one last look at the eyes of the statue, he felt a presence, like an aura coming out of the non-living object and staring into his soul. "It's too late to turn back now," Theodore thought to himself. He began the ritual, placing the raw calamari right in front of the Green Albatross and lit a fire on one of its tentacles. The fire started consuming the squid whole and as he watched, he also waited; when can he pour the concoction onto the fire? But things started to get eerie. The fire gradually turned green and the chamber was getting colder despite the the fire's presence. Theodore looked around, pretty much everything else was the same but he still did not know if he should continue waiting or just put out the fire now. He finally got a clue when his mind started to gravitate towards the Green Albatross. His consciousness started to get weaker as he kept staring at the relic, almost as if he was being hypnotized. He eventually lost control of himself and took the bowl of concoctions and walked towards the green fire. "This is it...this is the moment...with my blood spreading through the seas, I summon you, the Green Albatross!" Theodore was hypnotized to the point of being possessed, uttering chants he had never come across in his life. Soon after the chant, he slowly poured the mixture onto the fire, effectively extinguishing it. No smoke came out from the extinguishing but an aroma rose from the same spot which snapped Theodore out from his trance.

"This should be it, the ritual is over now. That relic is mine," Theodore thought to himself. He is going to take what is his. He walked over to the Green Albatross and grabbed it by its wings, but it did not budge. He tried it a second time; nope. Third time, this time with more force; still could not move an inch of it.

"What? What is this? Come on!" The ritual was done, right? The relic was the supposed to be his for the taking? Why was he not able to move it?

Theodore looked into the eyes of the Green Albatross again. This time, nothing. The same sensation that hypnotism gave him earlier was gone. Well that was a disappointment. "Ah what a waste of my fucking time!" Theodore screamed and stormed out of the chamber.

Theodore was detached from the rest of the trip over the next three days, all that was in his mind was his family's situation. Who is going to pay the bills? Is he going to drop out of college and work as a pizza delivery man until he turns 30? Soon enough, the trip was over. Once the plane arrived back in his home state, all of his classmates went for a final dinner while Theodore went straight back home to his mother.

"Mom, I'm home!" Theodore called.

Helen came out of the kitchen to the doorstep and gave him a hug, "Teddy dear, how was the trip? We've missed you!"

"Trip was alright. Everything went smoothly," Theodore gave a short pause. "Where's dad?"

"He's out for a drink. He helped me out with the housework but money is still on his mind. Don't worry, he told me he'll continue with his job search when he comes back home," Helen explained.

"Alright, I better take a shower then," Theodore walked upstairs to his room. On his way there, his tenant came out of her room and walked briskly towards the bathroom. Her name was Rachel and she was twenty-one years old, three years older than Theodore. She stood 5'7'' and had an overall slender body. She had brown hair which she tied up in a back ponytail and would always wear a plain t-shirt with a pair of shorts.

Theodore took a quick glance at Rachel as she was heading towards the bathroom. Her smooth, skinny legs were a pleasant treat. They never really spoke to each other, mainly because Rachel had always been afraid of boys in general, making her only male friends those that she deeply trusted. Theodore could understand why Gerald had always wanted to bone her, she was cute. But other than that, there was nothing else about her that he found attractive about; she was just another person. 'Oh great, now I have to wait for half an hour before she's done. Whatever, I'll unpack the luggage first,' Theodore thought to himself as he headed to his room.

Theodore opened the door to his room and what he found inside gave him the ultimate mindfuck. It was the Green Albatross, right on top of the study table, staring at him. For a few seconds Theodore stood motionless, wrapping his head around what was happening. Run, scream, call the police, or an exorcist, what should he do? He would not want to worry his Mother. Then, Theodore finally understood it. His ritual had worked, and the Green Albatross was at his service. Well, at least for now.

He approached the Green Albatross, the relic looked as bold as ever but as he drew closer to his study table, he found a scroll lying in front of the relic which he did not see earlier. He picked it up and slowly pulled it open. There was a message. It read:

"Theodore Lawrence,

Your offerings given to me have been accepted. The Green Albatross is now yours to command. Upon sunset, write down your wish onto this scroll and upon down the next day, guidance will be sent down to this very scroll on how you can have your wish granted. However, with the immense fortune the Green Albatross could bring unto you, everything comes at a price. This relic could only be a possession of you for one hundred and eighty days and nights. After which, you have a responsibility to find a successor to your ownership or bring it back to its original chamber. If you fail to comply, if you allow greed or complacency to consume you, you will suffer the consequences.

Until then, may you be blessed with the greatest period in your life as a mortal during the upcoming one hundreds and eighty cycles.

- - Spirit of Daegon"

Alright then. Theodore was beyond elated. He was about to have the greatest six months of his life. It was very obvious that reason why he sought help from the Green Albatross was to get money for the family but aside from that, there are countless other wishes he could ask for. A Lamborghini, the most expensive gaming computer, a harem of hoes or maybe just six months of free alcohol and Ribeyes without a single damage to his body. Theodore went down on both knees and raised his arms while screaming into the ceiling, "Yes! Life is going to be my bitch motherfucker!"

Before he could start living his fantasies, he had to give the relic a test drive first. What was going to be his first wish? It better not be something demanding, but rather simple. Theodore then heard the Bathroom door open and the footsteps of Rachel as she was walking towards her room. She really was a babe. But he never really felt a strong enough attraction to her to want to start getting to know her better. No harm trying, if things go south, then just back away and stop talking to her; just try not to come too strong to her.

'Yeah, she's definitely a good start. She's pretty but taking things slow is top priority at this moment,' Theodore thought. He grinned to himself, he might lose his virginity or his dignity, so he was hoping for the safest possible scenario.

"Here goes nothing."