The Groom's Tale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Neither of us was tall, but we still had to duck up there. She sat comfortably on my mess of pillows and blankets and beckoned me down beside her. I just followed her lead as we lit a few more candles.

Arsalin's face was in shadow, but I could see her lips were bent into a warm, self-confident grin. It was different from the way Vaiker grinned when he was making his jokes. His smile was asking you to please smile too. She was smiling just for herself.

The others nodded and no one interrupted him now.

You know, I never really saw her properly. It was always night or candlelight indoors. But I'm sure, absolutely sure, that I'd know her if I met her again. She carried herself differently.

As I was sitting there, looking at her proud shoulders and how her breasts bobbed under her red dress, I realized that that's why she was so beautiful. Not her breasts, I mean. Well not just them. I mean she was so confident. She loved herself, so how could you not love her? She knew what she wanted and she would get it or do it or say it, and that was a kind of strength I'd never had. I wanted it even more than I wanted her right then. And when she leaned closer, it was like her strength was flowing into me; for the first time in my life I wasn't afraid of what anyone else would say. I'll never forget how that felt.

Our lips met in the middle and I'll never forget that either. My breath stank and so did hers, but I didn't want to break that kiss for anything. I embraced her with one hand and felt out the lovely contours of her face with the other, touching her soft cheeks and smooth chin and running my fingers through her long, luxurious hair. It smelled like some kind of flower. I tugged a strand to my nose and breathed in the sweet scent. It must have tickled her nose next to mine since she sneezed and then giggled. I sat back and laughed too, both of us quiet. The horses down below were the only ones around, but there's something about being in the dark that makes one want to be silent.

She nimbly undid the laces of her dress; I only got in the way when I tried to help. I took my tunic off instead.

And then our arms were tangled, exploring each other's chests as we kissed again. I was still more slim than muscular, but she seemed to like what she found anyway. Her cool hands sent thrills through me as they slid over every bump of rib or muscle.

Even after hearing what Vaiker had to say on the matter, I wasn't sure what to do with her breasts. I brushed them tentatively and felt the silky skin wobble, but I didn't want to do something wrong and lowered my hands to her belly and her back. Her body was toned and hardened by rough living, but still supple and gracefully curved. Oh I loved the feminine feel of how her sides were shaped, so different from mine.

I didn't know why, but I was crying a little. She kissed my tears away. "You're as gentle as you looked," she murmured. "And you've got nice, working hands."

"Am I... doing it right?"

She laughed a quiet, merry laugh, "You have no idea what you're doing." My face fell but she lifted up my chin, "No one does the first time." A sorrow passed over her face like the flickering shadows before she smiled again, "Let's get you some practice."

She laid me on my back, then slid back to rub my chest while she pulled down my braies with her teeth. I didn't know just what to do, but my erection made the cloth bulge like a sail in the wind. It took me a second to realize she was stuck because my rear was pinning the braies to the floor, but at last she got them loose and my hardness sprang free. Clear beads dribbled from the end. I'd never noticed that while stroking myself off, but I'd never felt so aroused before.

I'd heard about this! Vaiker said some of his girls had used their mouths on him; now she was bent to do the same to me.

Then she sniffed and wrinkled her nose. I almost died from shame. I bathed as often as most of the other men in town, but suddenly that didn't feel nearly often enough. From that day on I bathed every morning, long walk to Lake Lovann be damned.

"Perhaps not that," she sat up and I followed, but she put her hands on my chest and gently pushed me back down. Then she cupped them in front of her, and I saw a long strand of saliva spill down into them like spider silk.

With a long, hypnotic look that made me harder yet, she wrapped her slick fingers around my shaft and slowly slid her hands up and down. Arsalin squeezed and kneaded and stroked me better than I knew how to; she had me bucking and groaning in no time. I didn't even realize I should warn her until my seed was spattering her hands in the reddish light. She didn't stop though, just caught it all and rubbed it back onto me.

I only went soft for a moment. I could see all of her now, and her little, bouncing breasts were enchanting. She nodded and I put my hands on them, feeling out every inch of their softness.

Then my fingers found something that wasn't smooth. Under her beautiful left breast was a long, cruel scar. A dagger-wound. I knew that's what it was right away; I'd seen this man Corsgo take a knife to the chest in a street-fight years ago, and he still liked to show off the ugly scar.

I sprang up, red-hot with fury. "Who hurt you?"

Arsalin shook her head, "No one who hasn't suffered enough for it." I tried to press the question, but all she'd say was, "I've lived a strange life." She had a faraway look that eventually stopped me.

In the end I settled back down and she continued like nothing had happened.

"She had other scars too," the bowyer told them, "I asked about the big ones on her back till she told me. But she wouldn't say a damn word about the one on her tit."

"I saw her get the ones on her back," the fisherman stared at his thumbless left hand, "But she had that one from long ago."

Karan suddenly wasn't sure he wanted to continue. He'd known they knew more than he did; he needed to learn from their stories and not they from his. And his was so personal. It almost felt shameful admitting what she'd meant to him. And what they'd done was so intimate that he'd barely been able to tell his wife.

The leaping flames gleamed in their eyes and every timber of the windowless cabin seemed to rattle after a flash of lightning from the approaching storm. Somewhere out in the darkness was a man who terrified him.

But that's why he had to tell them everything. His wife was dead and his son before her. Most of his old friends too. He might be dead tomorrow and he wanted someone, somewhere to know what it had been like to be him. He needed someone to. Then he could be brave like Vaiker.

He began again and stopped for nothing.

Arsalin rubbed another mouthful of saliva onto my shaft and looked down at me, full-length again and dripping wet. "Mmm, good enough." She slowly crawled forward, pressing me down onto the soft blankets. I watched the puffy lips of her vulva nearly brush my thigh, and I gasped at the tickle of her hair. She stopped between my legs and leaned over to whisper, "If we do this, we do this my way."

I nodded.

"No, I mean it," she warned, "If you get too eager, you could hurt me. So you keep your butt on the ground no matter how much you want to go deeper and you don't touch anything I don't say to.

I went as still as I could. She sat up and brought her slick sex right past my twitching erection, then gently sank down, one hand on the ground for balance and one around my throbbing shaft. I felt myself sliding into the smooth cleft of her butt.

At first I thought she'd just missed in the dark and I almost reached to help her before remembering what she'd said. Then I felt my hardness pressing against something. She winced, spat a long strand on a hand, and reached it back to rub behind her. Then slowly, so slowly, she lowered herself onto me, eyes locked onto mine and mouth in a little 'o.'

I gasped when I realized it was her ass I could feel just beginning to open for me. Even Vaiker never said he'd done that before. I was so aroused that it didn't seem strange at all; no, I wanted to be in her more than anything. It was so difficult to hold still.

She was hot as a furnace inside and so tight that it was almost painful despite how slick I was. And she felt so wonderful that I almost came again as my head popped into her. She smiled sensually and gave a soft, "Mmm," with half-closed lids.

She slid down bit by bit, spreading her legs to my sides for balance and sitting back onto her hands. If it wasn't the best thing I'd ever felt, it would have been torture lying there and trying not to move when all I wanted was to buck my hips and bury myself in her. I knew I couldn't resist if I looked down at her ass swallowing me inch by inch; I panted and watched her bouncing breasts and smiling lips instead. Then I felt her butt pressing firmly against my crotch; I was inside her to the hilt.

She lay down atop me and pressed her lips to mine and I held her close till we were one hot, happy body. She was so tight but so soft inside. I thought I could feel her heartbeat and I tensed up, about to fill her.

Arsalin knew before I could warn her; she kissed me deeper and wriggled till I gushed inside her, moaning into her hungry mouth.

She was like a warm blanket on a wintry night and I loved the feel of her lying with me almost as much as being buried in her.

I don't think I ever even went soft, but we lay still together for a wonderful eternity before she started to move. Slowly and sensually at first with her sultry breath on my neck as she nibbled me, then she sat back with her hands behind her again and began to ride me hard and fast. I wasn't sure if I loved sliding in or being inside her more; to judge by her groans while she bounced, she might not have been either.

Between her legs, her vulva was slick and gleaming with her juices and the lips puffed out invitingly. I'd never seen one before and it was more alluring than I'd ever imagined.

Her eyes looked closed, but she saw where my hand was going almost before I did. My fingers were just an inch from her inviting wetness when her arm snapped out fast as a striking snake. She forced my hand back with a fierce strength and a steel in her eyes that was almost frightening, "No!"

I was so dazed from how good it felt that I didn't manage a coherent apology, but my nod satisfied her. She started slowly again.

The stop had cooled me off a little, but watching myself disappear into her made me harder than I'd even thought was possible. She paused with me in her to the root and rocked back and forth a moment before starting a quick, steady rhythm.

Always as fast as she'd grabbed my hand, she raised her left to her mouth, licked it, and then swiped it down to rub her sex in time with her movements. When I saw how those plump, full lips slid under her fingers, I knew I couldn't last another minute.

That time she stayed put when she came down, still sliding her fingers over her vulva. One slipped inside her; it was beautiful. And then she started squeezing. It was like her ass was sucking on me, soft but insistently. The wonderful feeling continued as she rose and then slammed herself down one last time. I came hard, sitting up to embrace her so fast that I think I blacked out. Distantly, I knew she was still riding me, and I could feel her arm clamped between us still fingering herself until she came too.

When I regained my senses, Arsalin was sliding off of me, strands of white semen dripping out of her as she reached over to pick up a candle we'd knocked over. I was well and truly spent, suddenly feeling how little sleep I'd had. And more than that, I felt weary because I knew she was going to leave now.

I didn't say anything as we cleaned and dressed --or half-dressed, the morning air felt good on my bare chest. Or when we calmed the horses and she led Clipper out of his stall with one of those wiry, lovely, brown arms.

I finally opened my mouth when we got to the door, but she spoke first, "I'm not staying. I wanted to stop in town before pressing on; I did. I wanted to screw you; I did. And now I want to get back on the road."

There wasn't much I could say to that. Not much that wasn't stupid anyway. I fetched Clipper some more water to buy time. The way he nuzzled my hand when I brought him a carrot seemed almost apologetic.

Arsalin neatened her long hair while he drank and then helped me carry the trough back, "You're going to do something stupid like follow me, aren't you?"

I sheepishly admitted I'd thought of it.

She sighed, "Listen, Karan, don't go thinking you love me. You barely know me. Real love takes time. I've been around and seen it."

I looked at the straw-covered floor. The first gray hint of dawn was leaking onto it through the doors. "Then let me go with you." I'd never thought much about leaving Daraigo before, but after meeting her I found I wanted to. More importantly, I knew she wouldn't listen to another word if I asked her to stay with me instead.

She didn't laugh, so I went on, "I'm not just good with horses; I can stitch leather and fix shoes and... and all kinds of things. I'll be useful."

Arsalin stiffened, "Do you think I want a servant?"

"Well, no, I just mean... we could travel together," I finished lamely. "Then we'd have time. To fall in love I mean."

She tried not to smile, "You're a silly young romantic. Well that's what I liked about you. I'll wager Ameri would too."

There was that name again. I blurted, "Who's Ameri?" and realized my mistake an instant later when Arsalin seized the chance to change the subject.

"You don't know her name? The girl who was talking with you, Jaga, Carago, and Vaiker last night! You know, with the red hair curled like this. And the little brown spots on her cheeks," she tried to demonstrate.

"The shepherdess!"

She snorted, "I suppose Vaiker wouldn't have introduced her, but you should have asked. She's a nice sort. Get to know her sometime; she's got that same puppy-eyed shyness you do."

"But she's Vaiker's-"

"No, she's Ameri's!" Arsalin walked back to Clipper, "The two of them were through as soon as he started chasing after me. Not that she liked him much before, she was just too shy to tell him off." She opened the heavy, wooden door, then sprang smoothly into the saddle. "Talk to her or not, that's your choice," she frowned down at me, "But don't sit around mooning after me."

"Do you think I should? Talk to her, I mean?"

She scoffed, "What does what I think matter? This is about you and her and what you two want. All I can say is she's cute and looking for love, like you."

I was silent.

Arsalin gave an exasperated sigh, "Yes, I think you should! But only if you won't ever treat her as second-best. I think you'll be good for each other, whether you stay together or not. And she already likes you."

I watched her hair rustling against the stars. "Will you come back?"

"Because I like you..." I looked up at her eagerly, but she turned ahead, "I promise that I never will. Go live your life."

She was gone before I could come up with a reply. I'll admit I did walk after her for a while; I kept hoping she'd change her mind and come back. But in the end there was nothing for it but to take her advice and live my life. I took my clothes down to Lake Lovann to wash, tended the horses, and was tired all day.

Around noon I went into the common room for a break and a drink. Vaiker and some of the others were having lunch and I joined them like I usually would.

The rest were griping about how humid it was, but Vaiker was sullen, surly, and silent. Even Jaga noticed. "Hey!" Carago chuckled, slowly chewed another chunk of dark bread, and then continued, "How did that red lady's pussy taste, Vaiker?"

Even when he scowled he was a handsome fellow, but we could hear his wounded pride, "Ask that ugly tailor she went upstairs with; I don't need to fuck whores."

All that morning I'd heard the talk from the guests who'd found out, so I knew he wasn't just trying to insult her. Still, it made me angry. Yes, Arsalin was a prostitute, but she was still a woman as good as any other. And I was sure there was more to her than we'd ever know. I'd never have dared tell him off before, but this time I was going to-

"Or shepherd-girls!" Saraigo added and Vaiker seethed as they snickered at what sounded like a well-worn joke already. Well I'd lost my chance, but I knew I'd get another.

Braigo joined us as we were finishing. "Good afternoon, boys." We all nodded and 'afternooned' him too. "Listen," he paused awkwardly, "I love a good time as much as anyone else, but I keep a clean inn. That reminds me, Orago, please change out the rushes in the cellar later."

Orago nodded and turned to go.

"Wait," Braigo waved him back into his chair, "Listen, boys. I'm not saying it's your fault, but Red Braigo's has a reputation and we can't have it stained." He brushed his long, orange locks aside. We were all just as tense. "Last night a... lady of the evening... came in here and this isn't that kind of house. I can't have that; some of the guests wouldn't like it." He meant people like that stuffy old banker of course. Isva is Isva, but the republics of the Old League are not so... open.

The tanner snorted.

Vaiker smirked hollowly, "If you want to hire a guard, I could use the coin. I hear you pay well."

Braigo put up his hands, "That's not what I meant. I just mean... well... don't go flirting with any others. Show them out."

I really wanted to tell him he was wrong, but I had no idea how to say it. And it would be so difficult in front of all of them. I stood up to get back to work.

"That means you as well, Karan, understand?"

He knew. Somehow. I almost mumbled an apology and fled, but I didn't. I kept thinking about how she wasn't ashamed or crying when he kicked her out of his inn in the middle of the night. She didn't spend her time worrying about what other people thought of her, and she was happier than I was. I was blushing, but I met his eyes, "I know more about horses than... whores, sir. And I've never run an inn. But I mean... it's like smiths isn't it?"

He seemed as confused that I was talking at all as at my stumbles.

I plunged onward, "I mean, you couldn't have a smith like Janda hammering out an axle here in the common room, but as long as he doesn't do that, his coin isn't any different, right? I mean... I mean... she's a woman."

Red Braigo was surprised, but he wasn't angry. "Well... I guess if she'll just sleep in her own room... it would be alright." He changed the subject, "Did you decide what to spend your gift on, Karan?"

I hadn't until just then, but I was feeling ten feet tall after speaking my mind. "That depends."

"On?" he seemed genuinely interested now.

"Well first, I've got the stables all ready for the evening rush. Can I take the rest of the day off?"

He considered. "I'll need your help putting on Thunder's new shoe... but that can wait. Alright."

"Well then," I turned to Vaiker. I knew he might laugh at me, but it would be a hollow jape if he did. "Where does Ameri live?"

He was so off-guard that he answered without thinking, "Farm just across Lake Figo. By the old ruined mill."

That'd be six miles by my reckoning. "Then I know," I nodded, "I'm going to wash up, buy some flowers, and hire a carriage so I can get out there clean. And I'll see if she'd like to come back to town for dinner. I know a nice inn called Red Braigo's with good ale and the best stuffed potatoes you've ever tasted." I tried to copy one of Devann's sly winks and we all laughed together.

***

Author's Note: I love hearing from readers, so by all means leave comments or send me your feedback. If you enjoyed this story, it continues in "The Bowyer's Tale."