The Guardians of Justice Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, it's Sharon Marshall and Val Jared, the Grassroots RINOs." said Ruby Russell. "They refuse to acknowledge the rightful vote that rejects Marshall as the Jared supporter that she is, and repudiates the racism of Val Jared."

"Can you blame the Republicans, though?" said Rosie Berkmar. The audience gasped, as Berkmar was extremely and radically left-wing in her political views. "Sure, they're cheating, but it's a caucus not a primary, it never should've come to this, and they're trying to save their Party from the humiliation of having a racist nominee for Lt. Governor." The audience applauded.

"Everyone who voted for Sharon Marshall is a racist." said Berkmar. "And if she really got the most votes, that just shows how deplorable the white nationalists have become. Can you blame the Republican Party from trying to distance itself from that race hatred, and trying to name better candidates?"

"As they should've been allowed to do in the first place." said Ruby Russell. "We actually agree on something for once, Rosie..."

"So you both agree that corruption, voter fraud, and thwarting the will of the People is okay?" asked Zara Zeigler, feigning shock.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And welcome to Conservative Excellence in Radio." said Reed Hudson to begin his radio program. "We are following the absolute disaster that occurred yesterday. The Mainstream Media is only reporting on the Republican chaos, and yes, it is chaos and a blatant display of corruption on the part of the Establishment Elitists."

"But there was another disaster, and it is what happened in the Democrat caucus." said Reed Hudson. "The Democrats nominated Maxine Watts, the rabid racist and Anti-Semite, who has been spewing filth accusing the CIA of murdering Jasmine Nix with no proof to back up her nutjob assertions, to be their candidate for Lieutenant Governor."

"And if the Elitists steal the Republican nomination from the rightful winner, Sharon Marshall," continued Hudson, "then Maxine Watts will be your Lieutenant Governor in January. Think about that, folks... a woman who has stated out loud her hatred of whites and Jews, constantly spews false attacks on good people like Commander Troy, which got her sued by him... will be your next Lieutenant Governor...

Part 13 - Police Work

Cindy and I rode in the black SBI SUV to Midtown. When we arrived at the offices of the State Republican Party, we found that Midtown Police Chief Frank Soltis had provided us with a contingent of twelve Officers. We had six State Patrol Officers, as well.

"Hi guys." said SBI Lieutenant Norm Chow. To our surprise, Pottsville Detective Shane O'Brady was also there.

As we shook hands with them, Chow said "I have warrants out the wazoo, but the security people are refusing to let us in. We'e also gotten 9-1-1 calls from people inside, saying they're being prevented from leaving, and are being held against their will."

"That's why we're here." said the Midtown Police Sergeant, whose name was 'Jones'. "But the security is willing to start a shootout to keep us out, and we're afraid that innocents could get hurt."

"I'm here to help the SBI-OER." said O'Brady. "Obviously if we can get something on Wilson Hammonds, I'll be making an arrest."

"I understand." I said. "You Midtown guys did right to think of the safety of the citizens inside. And O'Brady, I truly hope to watch you make that arrest."

I turned to Cindy and said "Well, Kato, ready to break in that new green crowbar?"

"I was hoping you'd ask." replied Cindy. The look on her ruggedly pretty face bode ill for anyone that chose to oppose the Green Crowbar.

We approached the door, where two security guards waited, their hands hovering over their guns. "You cannot enter here." one of them said. "We will shoot you if you try." Guess how well that went over.

I didn't say a word, but hurled into the attack. The guard did not have time to draw his weapon before he received a powerful blow from my fist to his nose. A second closed-fist punch slammed into his belly, followed by the red crowbar whirling down and slamming onto his back with a sickening thud.

The other guard was drawing his weapon but was looking at me. For that mistake, he received a powerful kick to the side of his head, delivered by two-time-black-belt Cindy Ross. He then absorbed several green crowbar blows.

We affixed handcuffs to the two, provided by MPD Officers. "Take these pieces of dog shit to jail." I said. "The charges are interfering with an official Police investigation, assaulting Police Officers, and obstruction of justice. And send back a paddywagon. There will be more arrests." The security guards were put in the back of an MPD vehicle and driven off.

We turned and went to the front doors, which were locked. Allow me to remind you that we had crowbars, and they defeated the locks rather easily. As we went in, more security people came into the lobby. Cindy and I did not waste time, but attacked them. Shane O'Brady joined us, exhibiting surprisingly good weaponless combat skills. Five security guards went down hard; seven more surrendered.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had six employees who wanted to file charges of being held against their will. They had been kept inside to prevent us from talking to them as part of our investigation. The staffers pointed out the lawyers that had kept them inside.

"The formal charge is 'kidnapping'." I said to Norm Chow and Sergeant Jones. "Those security guys are to be charged with it, and these guys can pick the ones that did it out of lineups. We will also be arresting the leadership here and the attorneys if they forcibly held these staffers here against their will."

The six staffers and another six employees also gave Norm Chow statements that the numbers they'd received from the counties had been changed by other staffers. Those staffers were pointed out. They immediately demanded lawyers. They were arrested and told they'd get lawyers... at the Police Station.

Then came the leadership. The State Republican Party Chairman, Ralph Corkle, a nerdish looking man with black hair, a slender build, and an arrogant attitude, said that the lawyers were the ones that held the employees inside. One staffer immediately yelled that that wasn't true, that he'd testify in Court that he heard Corkle tell the lawyers and the staffers to keep the employees in the building.

"Sergeant Jones, place this man Corkle under arrest." I said. "Kidnapping is the first charge. I suspect that voter fraud is going to be added to the charges soon. And then the Federal charges will be coming in..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"We've got witness statements galore," said Norm Chow, on speaker phone with Britt Maxwell in Westphalia, "and we have some hardcopies of county data printed out that subsequently got changed. If all this won't get convictions for voter fraud, I don't know what will."

"But who do we charge?" Britt's voice asked through the speaker.

"Some staffers gave the names of others, signed affidavits, and are willing to testify in Court." said Norm.

"We can offer them deals," I said, "and get them to rat out Ralph Corkle. He's already been named in criminal complaints for kidnapping. We get someone to turn, we can add State and Federal voter fraud charges. And then we can ask Mr. Corkle to 'assist us with our inquiries', as our British cousins say."

"God save the Queen." Cindy added.

"Okay, see what you can do." Britt said. "I'm going to be briefing the Governor in half an hour."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Norm Chow and some State Patrolmen remained at State Republican Headquarters as CSIs began bagging hundreds of documents and much computer equipment. I went with Cindy and Shane O'Brady to Midtown Police Headquarters.

"Hi Don." said Chief Frank Soltis. "You remember Steve Ruger and Kimberly Wesson."

"I sure do." I said, shaking their hands. "Shane, we could not have solved the 'Environmental Hazards' case without them. Everyone, this is Shane O'Brady of the Pottsville Police. He's working with us to try to bag some corrupt politicians."

"After you do," said Soltis, "we have a few of those corrupt types around these parts, if you want to clean them up, too."

"Sounds like fun." said O'Brady. "What's our plan, Commander?"

"To work with us to bag some low-hanging fruit." said a voice behind us. I whirled to see FBI Special Agent in Charge Jack Muscone come in, followed by Special Agents Martin Nash and Ted Crenshaw. With them was U.S. Attorney John Jones.

"About time you showed up!" I said with mock anger. "You're about to miss a fun interrogation."

"Does it involve crowbars, and bonfires?" asked Jack.

"Hopefully it won't come to that." I said. I then made introductions of U.S. Attorney Jones. "Who will Midtown's Prosecutor be?" I asked. "We may need to offer some deals."

"Me." said a woman's voice. It was State Attorney Jenna Stiles. I made more introductions all the way around, then Jenna said "The Midtown D.A. has agreed to let me represent his office as well as the State for all this."

"Are you going to be willing to give any of these Republicans deals?" asked Cindy Ross to her former fiancée. The question was not idle; Jenna was strongly left-wing in her political views.

Still, she gave Cindy a 'Teresa Cunt' angry look. "I'll be very fair." she said icily. "But let's not kid ourselves: I suspect I'll be following the Iron Crowbar's lead, like everyone else here."

"See Don," Cindy said, "I told you she was smart."

"So you did." I said. "Smile, Jenna, we're teasing you. Okay, here's the plan..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I recognize that attorney." said Cindy. "He was one of Robert Mullen's Inquisitors."

"Yep." I said. "I suspect we'll get Brafford Bacon himself for Ralph Corkle. Let's go in."

I went inside, accompanied by Jack Muscone, Jenna Stiles, and John Jones. The young woman sitting at the table looked frightened out of her wits. The attorney glared at me hatefully.

"The Iron Crowbar." he said. "I might've known it was you that beat up several security guards. I'm going to have your ass in a sling for that."

"Please! Come up with new material." I said witheringly. "I've heard all those threats before... for years. Okay, Missss... Evelyn Wallace. Law student at the University. College Republicans Vice President. Well, that promising potential career is about to be gone." The woman looked horrified, and more frightened.

"Don't let him intimidate you." said the attorney. "Go ahead and invoke, like I told you to." The girl did not respond; she remained silent.

I said "Before your client invokes, she should consider the gravity of the charges against her. She's looking at State and Federal voter fraud charges------"

"Stop with your god-damn intimidation!" the lawyer said loudly. "Evelyn, you need to say it out loud that you're invoking your right to silence------"

"I... I don't think I should. Yet." Evelyn said. The lawyer was furious with anger, his face becoming redder.

"You need to invoke." he said, both angrily... and desperately.

"If she does," I said, twisting the proverbial knife, "then its over for her. And not just her career. We're talking ten years per charge. And Federal Judge Landis can give consecutive sentences------"

"STOP YOUR CRAP!" yelled the lawyer.

"------ after the Superior Court gives consecutive sentences." I went on, unperturbed. "Ten counts, that's one hundred years of jail time, and that's before the Federal sentence starts. Your client is looking at life in prison------"

"IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP------" the lawyer yelled, rising to his feet as if to attack me. John Jones actually beat me to a standing position. He was a tall, athletic black man, his physical presence as intimidating as mine. The lawyer sat back down, still red faced with fury.

"I need to talk to my lawyer, alone." said Evelyn.

"Yes, I think so." I said. We left the room and went to the anteroom.

"Great job, sir." Kimberly Wesson said. "Think she'll turn."

"I hope so." I said. "She refused to invoke immediately, which is a hopeful sign. Are you attorneys willing to give her full immunity if she gives us names?" Stiles and Jones agreed.

As we watched (but could not listen in), it became obvious that it was becoming heated in the room. The lawyer was making gesticulations, and the young woman was beginning to cry and wail. It got loud enough we could hear them, though we couldn't really tell what they were saying.

Finally, the girl rushed to the one-way glass that we were behind and knocked on it, then crooked her finger in a 'come here' motion. The lawyer ran up to stop her... and grabbed her.

"That's it." I said, rushing out. I am not supposed to have the red crowbar in the Interrogation Room, but I was wielding it as I rushed in. The lawyer had let the girl go and backed off, but I still grabbed him and slammed him face down onto the table top.

"Miss Wallace," said Jenna Stiles, who had come in after me, "do you wish to press assault charges against this man?"

"No." said Evelyn. "But he's not my lawyer anymore."

Darn, I silently thought to myself. I let the lawyer go, then said "Get your ass out of here, before I decide to charge you anyway." I have rarely seen a legal beagle move so fast...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I asked if she wanted a new lawyer, Evelyn said "Before I ask for one... what will you offer me in exchange for what I know?"

"We really need you to either get a new lawyer or waive your right to have one." I said. "And I recommend that you get one."

"I'll waive having one and will represent myself for the moment." Evelyn said.

"Fine." I said. "I now will read you your rights." I did so from the card.

"What will you offer me?" Evelyn said.

"We'll drop the charges," offered Jenna Stiles, "give you full immunity from prosecution, in exchange for you telling us the whole truth about the vote tallies and any changes you made, giving us the name of who told you to make those changes, and testify in Court if necessary." Evelyn all but collapsed in her eagerness to take that deal.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Don, it's two o'clock." Cindy whispered to me.

"Good God!" I exclaimed. "I totally lost track of time, and you guys haven't eaten."

"That's okay." said Jenna. "We're nearly done, and time is of the essence in this. Just buy us supper, and it's all good."

"Y'all good with that?" I asked. Everyone was. I knew I could expense pizzas for the State Patrol and MPD Officers, and take Cindy, Jack, Jenna, John, Shane, Frank, Kimberly, Steve, and Norm to dinner at the Midtown Chop House, which Moe Molinari had made sure was the best steak house in the State's capitol city.

We were sitting in the MPD Conference Room nearest Chief Soltis's office. It had been a productive day. Every staffer that had been accused of changing vote numbers had taken deals, and every one of them had named Ralph Corkle personally and directly.

"Okay," I said, "what are you willing to offer him, to give us the names of whoever ordered him to change the votes?"

"Same deal?" asked John Jones.

"No." said Jenna. "He's got to pay some kind of price."

"You let all those others have complete immunity deals." Cindy said. Jenna's eyes flickered at Cindy, and not in a 'nice' way.

"I had no interest in destroying those young people's lives for following orders and making a mistake." said Jenna. "But Ralph Corkle is already a bad actor on the political scene, and he was definitely a leader in this voter fraud attempt."

Cindy was about to say something, but her ice blue eyes happened to catch my gray peepers, and she (most very wisely) dropped it and kept quiet.

"To be honest," said Shane O'Brady, "if the name he gives us is Wilson Hammonds... or Karl Handel, or Brian Cagle... then I'd be willing to give him a full meal deal."

Everyone debated for a few minutes, then everyone realized that I had not said a word. "Don, you have not said a word." Cindy observed out loud. "What do you think we should do?"

"It won't matter." I said. "I'll bet you all that dinner tonight that Ralph won't take any deal..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sure enough, Brafford Bacon was Ralph Corkle's attorney as Jenna and I came into the Interrogation Room. His look at me was filled with ugly hatred.

"I heard about your assault on my colleague." said Bacon. "You try that on me and you'll be going to prison."

"I'd suggest you shut the fuck up unless you're representing your client here." I replied as I sat down. "I have a room full of witnesses that he assaulted his own client, and I can go find him and arrest him whether or not she presses charges. Want to keep up the shit with me?"

"Whatever it takes to barbecue your ass, Troy." Bacon said.

"Let's get started, shall we?" said John Jones, to move things along.

"Ralph Corkle..." I said, looking at the nerdish young man, "you don't seem to engender any loyalty in your people. They all turned on you. They all will testify that you gave the orders to change the votes------"

Bacon leaned over and whispered something to Ralph, then said "It will be our contention that since this was a caucus, whatever my client and the State Republican Party puts out is the official result... and therefore my client cannot have committed any crime."

"Harrumph!" said U.S. Attorney John Jones. "That's not going to hold up ten seconds in Federal Court."

"We already have precedents to show you're wrong on that." said Bacon. "And we're going to fight you every inch of the way, even if it takes years."

My eyes must've lit up in understanding, because Ralph Corkle suddenly said to me "Yes, Commander Troy... it's not going to matter. Because Sharon Marshall will not be on the ballot for Lieutenant Governor, no matter what. We're going to tie this up in the Courts for years... long past this election, maybe even the next election for Governor."

"Or U.S. Senator." I fired back. "But Ralph, that's not your problem, your real problem. I'm going to be bringing kidnapping charges against you. That's not some philosophical discussion about vote counting, that's an actual crime of violence against other persons. We're talking years... decades... of hard time in State Prison for you."

"Kidnapping? Really?" snarled Bacon. "You're whacko."

"No," said Jenna, "he's right. Your client attempted to confine everyone to the building, and several people have already sworn out criminal complaints. These are serious charges, and your client is looking at life in prison with the number of separate counts."

"Let's end this charade." said Bacon, to his client. "Go ahead and invoke."

"You're not even going to try to negotiate for your client?" asked a stunned Jenna.

"No." said Bacon. "Go ahead, Ralph. You have to say it out loud."

"Before I do," said Ralph Corkle, "I have just one thing to say: Don Troy, you can shove that crowbar up your fucking ass and sit and spin on it, and then you can burn in hell fire for all eternity. Don't bother offering any immunity deals; I won't take them. If you're hoping I'll implicate any of the great Republicans of this State, then you can shove that hope up your ass, too. Whatever it takes to destroy the Grassroots Conservatives, we will do it, and I'm willing to die in that cause."

"So you think you're going to be a frickin' martyr?" I asked, my voice full of cynicism, and venom.

"On the advice of counsel," Corkle intoned, "I invoke my right to remain silent. I will not answer any of your questions, and I will not help you in any way."

"As you wish." I said. "Let's go, guys." We all filed out, then Ralph Corkle was taken to the MPD jails.