All Comments on 'The Guide'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
pope32767pope32767over 2 years ago

This is wonderfully sweet and romantic, which is *totally* consistent with being funny. Humor, the man says, is the affectionate communication of insight. I hope to hear more about Craig & Katie in the (near?) future.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Aww! Thanks, Pope! What a great comment and compliment! Let me finish Leofric and Godiva (more affectionate humor, if you're interested) and I'll see what I can do for Craig and Katie. It might be a little bit - I just need to get L&G to deal with a settlement of bored Vikings and get her riding down the streets of Coventry, then I'll be done. The Intern series (a completed series) might also help pass the time.

Sheesh. I meant to thank you, and it turned into a commercial. Sorry! Not to sound too "Braden," but maybe follow me and any new Craig and Katie will be delivered in your All Activity list. No additional reading required!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Pope: Oh - and "the man" being Leo Rosten - awesome screenwriter and funny, funny man!

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 2 years ago

I liked it to its good fun and Craig taught those arseholes a lesson and the good guy got the girl, again, which is so right. Not seen your stuff before but k shall be looking for more in my activity box. Good on yah.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

I agree. The good guys don’t get enough credit these days, DB. Hope you like the rest! I write about the good guys a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Found no humor in this at all..... the mantra of the writing was boring real fast and too disjointed and really not very erotic. Kind of like a comedy gone bad. May roll with others but wow it got old less than half way down the first page. Will look at what else you got written........

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous - thanks for your comment. I guess it wasn't your kind of thing. I don't know that I saw much humor in it, either, though. More like she was a weary person that was trying to endure a bad situation with humor - but as you say, her comedy had gone bad. If you didn't like this, I'm not sure if anything else I've written will do much for you. My style is my style. Maybe try the "What Dreams May Come" series for something a bit different - but not much. Good luck and I hope you find a writer you like.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...

SIMILAR Stories