All Comments on 'The Guitar Player Ch. 02'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing..keep it coming

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Very good writing and a good story. If it had been published as one long story I don't know if I would have read it so the decision to put it out over a number of days was the right one and I am now eagerly waiting for the next part that I fear will be full of heartache for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YAWN inducing, I'm done.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

"This story is fairly long, so I decided to break it into six segments."

It really isn't long. 2 pages per post is too little. You should have released it all at once.

I'll wait until its all available before reading the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again…. Just two pages… it’s taken the fun out of the read…

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Awww here come some more bad news for him. Just when he was finally back to starting to feel good.

Hoplite122Hoplite122over 2 years ago

Please keep it going. You get a 5 Star rating from me. It has to be well done for me to get fired up about some settings. Although I like music, the music industry doesn't turn me on but your writing has kept me engaged. In fact, as I was reading this piece I asked "Alexa" to play "This is Love" by Peter, Paul & Mary. Thank you for the pleasant experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, but you could have posted the whole story in 2 days that’s 6 pages a day. Not to long and not to short.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 2 years ago

Very nicely done story, so far. The characters are written decently. Good plot development. This tale acts out like reality, the ups and downs of a musicians life. His first wife cheated and divorced him (first chapter). And now, he has his lead singer, his new wife, Tanya, following the same path. Did we see it coming? Yes, the snake is that young guy, John (the synthesizer guy) or maybe their agent, Alex, which I doubt it is him. What we also lack is Tanya's background - what an interesting side story. Why did she leave Juilliard, why didn't she have any relationships (before Robbie) hmmm, makes you wonder.. Please hurry with the next chapter so we may see where this 'love' story goes... But like most country songs, there will be pain to endure as love is lost, again.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Enjoyed the read and look forward to Ch. 03. Maybe a little to soupy with the wedding and the gifts but hey it's your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mmmmm….frankly, a little too faced paced, and the tension and anticipation needed for a good story is falling by the wayside.

.

You totally glossed over the whole romance thing with Tanya. We readers have no real clue as to why they got married…and stayed married. That is going to make it difficult to e plain why they (presumably) will hit tne rocks.

.

And chasing fame and fortune is, well….trite?

.

But good writing, and there is more than enough in the tale to want to see the rest…so far.

.

Not as good as the first brief chapter, but still managed to earn 4****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Slow burn.

majord2majord2over 2 years ago
GOT IT

Tanya's going to be convinced by their agent to go out on her own as a solo or with a more popular male singer and leave him. She'll wind up fucking someone else.... blah blah blah. So stop stringing us along and get to it.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Yep, I think that this should have been put together with part one; this is the setup—act one. I am enjoying your work! Thank you.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

This story (at least so far) is a real step up for this writer. The prose is still a little stiff, and the characters don't quite spring to life, but for once the plot isn't an off-the-rack LW premise. An original, compelling story is unfolding. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Good story so far looking forward to the next chapter

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyover 2 years ago

Nice work! I admit I was worried that I'd have to wait days for part two...thanks for your quick turnaround. I've read several of your stories and they are always enjoyable. You have a nice touch with characterization and plot pacing. I look forward to further installments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honestly, I almost fell asleep

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That dad-blasted keyboard player no doubt!

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Gonna give you a 5 star rating for an very written story. I can sort of see there this is going but Robbie has to be old as hell at the beginning of the story. He already has to be in his early thirties when the 'snake entered the garden., so this is gonna be his second wife cheating on him. He'll still have to meet his third wife who he was with for 25 years or whatever it was when he left her. You also need to remind your reader from time to time, she is reading the journal he left behind. just good composition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like watching paint dry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I forgot the first two pages already. Someone wake me when this is fully posted.....zzzzzz

DazzyDDazzyDover 2 years ago

5 stars again. Good plot and characters.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

A good 2nd chapter that again, was too short.

This story reminds me of the old Saturday afternoon matinees - short stories ending with a cliffhanger.

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

Timeline seems fuzzy here. Not sure how far in the past we are, but Apple phones have only been around since 2007, so whatever woman is reading the journals might just be a time traveler. Other than odd timing, the story is good so far, albeit slow. Thanks for sharing.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

agree with Gamblin... But ready to hear the "Rest of the Story"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice turn around and good story as well. If it wasn't interesting then I wouldn't be ticked off that you left me hanging again. I hope this isn't going to be a recurring thing for you. My only prayer is that it will not turn into a RaaC, they just make me sick to my stomach. If she cheats I hope she is forced to be a big girl and take responsibility for her actions. Not that I think the affair partner isn't trash, but he didn't make any vows and chances are he doesn't know you from adam.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Another good chapter. It seemed short, but ended at a good breaking point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is a little disconcerting to totally lose touch for an entire chapter with the wife reading a journal sometime in the distant future, hoping to find some answers about why she's suddenly alone. Otherwise, a very enjoyable read. Steady on, StoneyWebb.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Interesting

Hope you finish it

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

You write very well. But you do really pad things out too much.

Yes we get we need the set up, but the only thing you didnt include was when they had a BM.

Consider trimming it down a bit, a lot of it really wasn't needed and just slowed the story to a crawl.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Uh you could combine the chapters into 4-6 pages chapters. This 2 page a chapter is a little slow

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds as if this musician can't keep a steady personal life manager but we are learning a lot that seem excess.

Noel Paul Stookey thanks you for the plug. The wedding song title started out wrong but you corrected it later and there is a misquote in the "There is Love" citation that should be : When ever two or more of you are gathered in HIS name.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Continues to be a great story but since you are breaking it up in 2 page increments, I’d recommend reintroducing the “wife” (whoever she is) as reading his journals. Maybe even some insight/reflection on her part? Looks like whole story is being posted so maybe next time? 5*

XimandXimandover 2 years ago

Honestly, this is just two pages, and you're splitting it apart just to prolong getting attention. Boring, I'll skip reading everything after this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great plot idea. The execution is tedious and boring. We all know Tanya is going to fuck him over, so what's the holdup? We also know you are going to give us lots and lots of details about the fuck over, but almost nothing about why Tanya becomes a slut. We also know that the fuck over will be so cruel, blatant, callous, and heartless, that it will beg the never answered question, what made this dumb shit marry Tanya in the first place?

Just anther shallow distant tepid marriage, with the cuck thinking he doesn't deserve such an amazing woman, and the amazing woman eventually agreeing, once a better opportunity comes along. Why not, she's got Nothing to lose.

Thanks for the effort. Its worth what we paid for it.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Tanya is going solo and.leaving Robbie behind. This good story is getting better.

lukeey90lukeey90over 2 years ago

Nah i think she's cheating with Alex and they're planning to kick him out that's why Tanya was made the face of the group.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

Trusting doofus gets burned….again.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 2 years ago

I'm dazzled. If he can actually lick her G spot, he is going to have to hire guards to keep the women away. Kind of like the guy who picks up women in bars by just sitting there licking his eyebrows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can see what is coming, but hope he has better waiting for him.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Slow build. This is going south quickly soon enough. This is a solid story.

4/5 see what happens next.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Excellent

I'm a little leery about what's happening next. Please don't cheat.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still to short to read

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Seriously break them into three pages at least

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - it is a decent story but to me, there is about 70% towards music details and the remaining 30% to the married couple.

This is the LW category and maybe when she does finally cheat on him - just like his last wife, he will finally learn a lesson to never choose marriage again.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

I may end up passing on the rest of this until you finish the postings. This is too tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Remind me, why are we supposed to care about your music story when you don't care enough to get the titles right? The non-parenthetical part of the title is "There is Love", not "This is Love".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Ready for more

Ready for the next installment while rest fresh in mind

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't be sure about Internet access but Key TV is available to most of the lower Keys so they had entertainment info available unless they were otherwise occupied during their honeymoon activities.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"We were making a mid-five figure income each year." - "mid-five figure" is 50/60 maybe 70K. Is that each or for the two of them. The former is okay, but nothing to get excited about. The latter sucks!

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Uh-oh. Good dramatic development!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story is quite telling, the guy is just refusing to take responsibility for his own poor choices. He picks a type of woman that is clearly going to cheat on him and then gets surprised when it happens.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As far as I know only Gene Simmons has a tongue that might hit a woman's g-spot!

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Great story even the second time around. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow the anon from 1 month prior hits the nail on the head. The MC is just a terrible judge of character and not only blames his poor choices on others but behaves like a prick and bottles it all up so he can pollute his next relationship when the present one inevitably bombs.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous