All Comments on 'The Hanging Judge'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
What a concept!

Fidelity?! Communication?! True justice?!

Yeah, that's all "good stuff".

Great story! Five-star, and only because there aren't higher options.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
whoa ! The Judge is really off here... this is ALL Julies's fault.

The problem with the story is that the ending doesn't make a whole lot of sense and has a skewed sense of right and wrong. And this skewed sense of right and wrong, comes from a judge no less who appears to be acting on a pretty fair basis for most of the story. The SUDDENLY when we run into the last married couple and suddenly the judge appears to lose his mind.

The key factor here is that the husband did absolutely nothing wrong.

Not a single thing.

The wife's reaction is extreme unjustified and totally over the top. The husband made effort after effort for WEEKS to try and get the wife to listen to him for 30 seconds.

30 seconds.

For the judge to say that if it was him he would sit down and park himself outside of her door... is god dman fucking absurd and offensive. If you re-read the story you will find that the husband made a extreme effort to reach the wife and get her to listen .

After weeks of this sort of abuse and loathsome behavior by the wife the husband's refusal to listen to the wife ... now that she suddenly wants to talk ...is not remotely the same.

Suppose Mr. Smith constantly yells at Mr. Jones.. won't listen to Mr Jones... calls him names.... slams the door in his face for weeks and weeks. Now if Mr. Smith gets pissed off at Mr. Jone's behavior.... No one with a brain (especially a judge) could possibly accuse Mr. Jones of being a fault.

The judge seems to be unable to realize that people get tired of being shit on after while.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
Some of the comments are dumber than others...

At the request of both fathers a judge friend got the their kids divorce case assigned to him and helped 2 young hot heads back together. He also sent them to anger management to help head off future failures to communicate. And Harry is ranting and raving about who was right and who was wrong? What would you have him do Harry? Say, "Fuck you," to his friends, "I'm granting the divorce NOBODY wants."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Keep 'em coming

Another great story from one of the best, if not the best, writers on Literotica.

I've read all your stories have really enjoyed them. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, Harry your are 'all wet'.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966almost 13 years ago
Another great story

Woodman another great story. I really enjoyed it and I agree with the judge. Sometimes people need a kick in the ass to see what is important. You did a wonderful job on this story. Harry get real things like this happen all the time in real life deal with it. Keep up the great work woody you are a very talented writer and I can't wait to read more of your stories

northlandernorthlanderalmost 13 years ago
Definitely a 5

Woodman, a splendid story anout a human judge (Not many of those around) who is still in touch with the real world (Even less of those) and couples who just haven't got the point of just listening to their partners (By far the biggest reason for cheating) Thanks for a good one

estragonestragonalmost 13 years ago
Excellent

Yes, there are judges like that. In 45 years of practising law (not in Arizona), I've seen a few. As for HarryinVA, let us ignore his comments--self-righteousness is unhappily not in such short supply that we need to import any more. This is a pleasant change from the vast majority of LW trash.

As this story is a good one, and generally well-written, I am providing only a few quibbles via "Send Feedback."

hodunkhodunkalmost 13 years ago
Five Stars

Another great woodman story.You are the man!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
As I wrote to the author on sol....

...I liked this story especially for it's moral content but Harry makes a very cogent point and anyone that totally belittles that seems either ignorant or obsequious, take your pick. I personally felt that this particular dislocation was ignored by the Judge simply because he knew the fact that in the real world often one side in a conflict has to eat crow, right or wrong in order to restore peace. Being a man, and the author writing most often from that perspective Judgy-Wudgy leaned on the guy.However I am not surprised that the idea of sucking it up and displaying grace and courage are tough sells on this site.Ha Ha.

Maitre1962Maitre1962almost 13 years ago
VERY nice!

I got a lot of smiles out of that story! Nice one,Woodman!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
That none of the family had been able to explain to Julie

the real facts concerning her husband's actions before it came to this seems absurd. But super writing and enjoyably readable, so thanks author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Really enjoyed your story .

Endearing, but not too mawkish. You are a wonderful storyteller. Brilliant! Thank you!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
size 14shoe .... THINK

I never said I was against the reconciliation.

ALL I said was that the judge assessment that the Husband was JUST as much at Fault as the wifee is bullshit.

Ya Know Phil...for some who claims to have all these degrees you are are one dumb sonofabitch

ParPlus10ParPlus10almost 13 years ago
Something for everyone.

You have something for everyone in this well written short tale. Something for man hater's, wife haters and something for those who like a happy ending.

There's even something for those who only seem happy when they can find something bitch about.

I have been married to the same wonderful woman for over thirty four years. We have had our share of disagreements. Sometime she was right, sometime I was right. But in the end, if there is no betrayal, who really cares.

So you gave the ranters something small and insignificant compared with the overall message of the story and the hook was set.

There is even something for the deeper thinkers.

Like I said, something for everyone.

Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Just a comment

It's not clear that justice was done in the first case (in which the man had an affair, and got discriminated against, because of it). Any man can eventually be driven to look elsewhere for affection, if his wife denighs him affection. The fact that the man cheated doesn't necessarily mean that the break up of the marriage was entirely his fault. He may have been driven to it by a cold fish wife. If so, the wife would have been the first to break the marriage "contract", which includes the stipulation that both parties will love and cherish each other. But it becomes a "chicken or egg" argument, concerning what came first. She might feel she lost affection for her husband due to something he did. And so on. A similar argument might be relevant for the woman who cheated, as well. That is one reason most jurisdictions use a "no fault" approach now. Even if one side has clear proof of cheating, that does not necessarily tell the whole story. But thanks for posting.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
IF ONLY THIS WAS TRUE OR COULD BE

life as we all know it would be better 4 all. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

To have a judge that punishes the guilty and rewards the innocent is a dream hopefully which can be shared through our judicial system. Tremendous tale of such a man who made a difference. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Amazing.

Well done!

moandickmoandickover 9 years ago
The Legalities

Guess what - I don't care about the legalities - it's a story - it's meant to entertain!

It didn't do anyone any harm that didn't deserve it - it didn't contain any unnecessary sex, foul language or violence - in fact, it did do just what is was meant to - it entertained me for half an hour or so.

Thank you for that Woodmanone - these stories don't just arrive on paper - they take time, effort and imagination - all of which you appear to have in abundance and you are willing to share freely with me and thousands more like me.

I really appreciate that - so I say a heart-felt: Thank you.

Dick

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Really nicely done -

A couple have mentioned that the wife here was "at fault" and the husband did nothing wrong so he should have said screw her I am out of here -

Well that is what he did - on the advice of friends - it was bad advice if he was in love with his wife (which he seemed to be). BUT if he wanted to stay married and fix this stupid argument - he needed help and the judge provided it.

Could the families have fixed it earlier maybe - but it appears - for the sake of this story - they did not get it done.

This judge went out of the normal process and made it work - a good job by a good man - who was a judge too. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Most judges

do not use common sense but weird extensions of the law or PC to arrive at a conclusion. this man would be my choice for a fair verdict. Well written.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
Common sense

Let's see, in the cases of cheating, the cheaters paid a price. What a horrible thing to do.

In the case of two stubborn people who actually love each other, but need to learn to communicate, he gave them a course of action to allow them the opportunity to save their marriage. But with the choice of divorce still available if either or both feel that is the best choice. Again, what a horrible judge.

All the above was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Excellent story, woodmanone, easily 5 stars and favorited.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent story and point of view

A most excellent story with insight. The only thing I can say is in divorce court its "Petitioner" (the person who files for divorce) and "Respondent" (The person who is defending themselves). "Plaintiff" (The person who is filing criminal charges) and "Defendant" (The person being charged with a crime) is used for criminal charges

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
FROM THE DAYS OF JUDGE BEAN

the judges of our time have too many rules to be fair and impartial. TK U MLJ LV NV

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456over 2 years ago
If you're quilty?

What are you? Toilet paper? Or a bed quilt?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Fun read!, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Good read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Enjoyed the hell out of this one!

.

5 *****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

story TAGS