The Hedge Pt. 05

Story Info
Martin Baxter returns and stalks Sharon to get to Ashley.
41k words
4.77
5.6k
5
0

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/15/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Firefly1z
Firefly1z
343 Followers

Categories: Consensual, Group, Anal, Toys, Love, Violence, Hospital scenes.

*****

50a.

It is mid-August, the big gates open and a young man walks through them and the gates close behind him, he didn't look back. He's wearing a loose black hoody, baggy jogging pants, trainers and carries a sports type bag. He takes a deep breath and slowly exhales, then he checks a small map, turns left and walks towards the railway station.

He arrived at the station and handed a rail warrant provided by the prison to the ticket office clerk and was given his ticket. The journey lasted two hours, then he took a bus to the main road near his home and walked along his road to his parents' house... Martin Baxter was back!

His arrival had been noticed by the local teenagers who had run off to spread the news. He ignored them and rang the doorbell and waited for someone to let him in.

"Hi Mum" he said, grinning at the surprised woman when she opened the door.

"Martin! What the hell are you doing here?

"I got fed up with living there so I climbed over the wall and came home."

"What!"

"They let me out you stupid bitch! I've done my time and now I've come home" he snapped, "Now let me in, people are staring!"

She shrank back and allowed him to walk in.

"You've changed Martin" she said quietly.

"Yeah, plenty of food and some sessions in the gym every week has put a bit of muscle on me and I've got a lot less fat, how about a decent mug of tea."

"What are your plans now?" she asked, turning the kettle on and dropping tea-bags into two mugs.

"I suppose I'd better get a job, I've got a bit of money from the peanuts they paid for working for them but not enough to get a car. I'll have to get my licence too, take some lessons and pass my driving test to start with.

As no one bothered to come and visit me for almost four years, I've no idea what has happened here in that time. For example, what's happened to Ashley? I want to see her again."

"She was still around, I think but has new friends now but I haven't seen her or her mum for a few days, I heard that they're moving away soon but I don't know if that's true, anyway I doubt she will want to see you again."

"We'll see..." he mused quietly, "Is my old room okay?"

"I'll have to make the bed, you'll have to check to see if any of your clothes will still fit."

"Hmm... I'll go to the Job Centre and sign on tomorrow, when does Dad get home?"

"At six, dinner will be at half past, I'll have to make extra."

He took his tea and went upstairs to his room, dumped his bag on the bed and started going through his wardrobe and drawers, seeing what clothes still fitted. There were enough for the time being but there was a large pile that were too big and baggy so he would have to buy more as soon as he got some cash.

He drank his tea then put the useless clothes in a black sack he had fetched from the kitchen, took it down stairs and dropped it in the rubbish bin, outside the back door. He was back in the lounge, watching TV when his father walked in from work.

"Hi Dad" he said.

"Ha! Look what the cat dragged in!"

"Yeah, love you too Dad"

"Are you going to go straight now or straight back inside?"

"Been there, done that, had to wear the fuckin' t-shirt so I don't want to do it again. I'm going to the Job Centre tomorrow to sign on but I'll need a sub to buy some clothes, most of mine were too big so went in the bin."

"What was it like inside Martin?" His mother asked quietly.

"Well you two wouldn't know would you? You didn't bother to come and visit me!" He snapped.

"I did write..."

"Yeah, once!"

"But you didn't write back so I thought you didn't want me to" she answered.

"I was never much on writing letters anyway" he said grumpily.

"I'm going out in a bit to get some smokes after tea and maybe stop at the pub and have a beer, it's been a long time since I've had one."

They ate dinner and he changed and went out to the corner shop, bought a pack of cigarettes and was shocked at the price of almost ten pounds. He was even more shocked at the price of a pint in his local pub, he hardly had any change from a five pound note. He sat in a corner and was ignored by everyone as news that he was back had gotten around quite quickly.

He finished his drink, noting the furtive glances from the regulars and returned home, muttering to himself at the price of the essential things in life, like cigarettes and beer. As he walked up his road, he lit another cigarette and walked past his house to Ashley's and stood outside for a while but didn't see anyone, although there were lights on.

He decided to pop into the supermarket where she worked, after he had signed on at the Job Centre in the morning, then he walked home. He went to bed and listened to the almost silence, a change from all the night-time noises that went on in prison. He thought back over his life which had been okay, until he started school.

He had never liked school... actually that was wrong, he did like going to school; it was the schoolwork he didn't like and the teachers. Maths was okay and he realised that he had to learn how to use it and English too, to be able to get anywhere in life.

All the other subjects he decided, were a waste of time so he didn't bother too much with them. He had no use for history, geography, any of the sciences and definitely not religious education. I.T. was beyond his comprehension so it was all useless crap as far as he was concerned.

The only subject that he did enjoy was art, he drew and painted landscapes, some normal ones but he preferred them to have a sci-fi or fantasy theme with space ships, monsters and other weird creatures. He tried pottery but that failed miserably and he ended up throwing the clay across the room which got him banned from doing it again.

Any sort of physical education he hated with a vengeance because he was overweight, slow and had no interest. The only time he played rugby, he put two of his schoolmates into hospital when they got punched and trampled, trying to tackle him as he was lumbering slowly for their try-line with the ball. That got him banned from doing sports, which pleased him.

Being big and quite strong made it easy to pick on other kids, as Aaron Redman, Vicky Baker and to a greater degree Ashley Hunter found out to their cost. He allowed the Lanes brothers to join him as gofers and back-up as they were as nasty as him but needed someone to organise and think for them, because of this development he became a bully to be feared.

It wasn't a surprise to anyone when he was convicted of Grievous Bodily Harm or Actual Bodily Harm within a year of leaving school. During his time in prison, he behaved himself (after a fight that put his opponent in hospital for a week and then the prison infirmary for three weeks).

His punishment for this was to have two months added to his sentence, making a total of three years and eight months. After a few weeks of good behaviour, he got a job in the prison workshop assembling some small box with springs, levers and screws, he had no idea what it was for. It paid peanuts for each one and he was slow at first but soon got faster with practice.

It earnt him a few pounds a week, enough to keep him in tobacco and chocolate and even save some money. He also started to go to the library, although the books that he wanted to read to pass the time in the cell were not numerous and the gym (through boredom and to get out of the cell as much as anything). He wanted to get stronger and fitter and also lose some of the fat he had been carrying for years.

His floor on his prison wing were allocated two hours, three days a week which included time for a shower. He used the treadmill for walking, the bike as well and even the cross trainer plus the weights and resistance machines and over a period of time, lost a couple of stones of fat but gained muscle.

He hated it at first but when he could see and feel the improvements, especially the fact that he did not feel breathless after a few minutes, he decided that he actually enjoyed the work and some of the banter with the other men training with him. By the time his sentence was almost over he was two and a half stones lighter and much fitter than he'd ever thought possible.

Many nights before he went to sleep were spent thinking about his future. He didn't want to end up in prison again ('been there, done that, got the fuckin' t-shirt') so he would have to try and get a job of some sort when he was released but he had no idea what.

He also thought a lot about Ashley Hunter, realising that she probably hated him for what he had done to her and had maybe moved away but he still thought about her.

She obviously hadn't reported what had happened to her and Annie ('what was her name... ahh yes, Dickens) to the police at the time, then that girl topped herself a year later. Graham Lanes wrote a scrawly letter to him to say that his brother had been killed in a robbery that had gone wrong.

The problem in his mind was that Ashley could still report him and he would end up back in prison for a long time for rape.

"I'll have to find her and persuade her to keep quiet, (meaning scare the shit out of her and maybe threaten her mother), if not then perhaps she could have a very carefully planned little accident but first I'll have to find her. She's not stupid and might have moved away, maybe even changed her name" he thought.

A few days later he was taken for an interview with a senior warder.

"Sit down Baxter" the officer started, "You've been pretty good since that first fight, you've worked hard and kept your head down so the governor has decided to release you on your original date of the fourteenth of August in two days' time and because of the overcrowding in the prison."

"Thank you Sir."

"You'll be collected from your cell at nine o' clock to be processed, do you have anyone to collect you?"

"No I don't."

"In that case we'll issue you with a rail warrant to get you home and give you any money that you've accumulated during your stay with us and I hope never to see you here again."

"Thank you Sir" Baxter replied standing, and was taken back to his cell, smiling all the way.

50b.

At lunchtime on the day Martin Baxter arrived home, Ashley was sitting in their canteen at the supermarket where she worked with Sharon who had been telling her that she and I-cee had finally decided on a name for the house.

"We are going to call it 'Redice' after our pet names."

One of the other women walked into the canteen for her lunch break and said,

"Hey everyone, do you remember that scumbag Martin Baxter, well he's back. One of my boys saw him coming out of the train station earlier this morning and sent me a text."

It hadn't taken long for the bad news to get to the supermarket. Ashley froze and then fainted, fortunately Sharon was looking at her when the news was announced and put her arms around her and held her in her chair and called for some tissues with cold water on them. She dabbed the wet tissues on Ashley's face until the girl regained consciousness.

"Oh fuck, he's out early, he'll be coming to get me, I know it..." Ashley moaned.

When she had recovered a little, Sharon went and spoke to the manager, when she returned to the canteen she explained to Ashley that he had told her to take Ashley home and for her to take a few days off.

They left Ashley's car in the carpark and drove out in Sharon's car, she explained her thought on why he had been released early,

"Remember that the police told your mum that he had been given an extra two months for fighting?" and the girl nodded, "I bet they've knocked that off for good behaviour or something just to get rid of him and the prisons are always very overcrowded. You need to be safe and not be seen at home and definitely NOT outside until we can get you away from there."

"But where can I go?" the confused and panicked girl cried.

"We offered for you to move in with us or Aaron and Vicky, it would be better with us as I-cee is there all the time" Sharon patiently reminded her, "I'll drop you off at home, call I-cee and explain to her, you pack everything you need to take while I go and pick her up to collect your car.

She'll drive it home and put it in the garage out of sight, I'll come back and get you and your things; then you can call your mum later and explain but not tell her where you are, okay?"

"Okay" Ashley replied quietly.

"Keep an eye out up the road and if you see him when I come back, tell me through the letterbox and we'll try again later when he's gone. You will probably need more time off work so Alice can take you to your doctor's where you can explain how you feel to her, lay it on a bit thick and hopefully you'll get a certificate for a few weeks and not have to use your holiday."

"Thank you Redi, I hope to make it up to you and everyone else somewhen."

They arrived in her road and she ducked down low as they drove along it to her house. Sharon kept an eye out for Ashley's nemesis but saw no sign of him (he was relaxing in his lounge with a cup of decent tea, having sorted out his clothes).

Ashley gave Sharon her car key and ran to the house and let herself in, locking the door behind her. Sharon drove around the corner, stopped and called Alice and briefly explained to her what had happened and what she wanted her to do, then she drove home. Alice was waiting outside the garage with Alexis already strapped into her car seat.

Sharon locked her car and got in with Alice and they drove to the supermarket, where Alice got out with Ashley's keys to drive her car home, while Sharon drove back to the girl's house to collect her. Ashley opened the door and carried two big black sacks outside and put them down, went in for a third and closed the door.

Sharon opened the back of the Civic and put the bags in while the girl got in the car and ducked down again. The woman got in and drove away, she took a round-about route in case they were followed but saw no cars tailing them. She parked the car in the garage and took Alexis in to the lounge and let her play, while Ashley unloaded her bags and carried them through to the guest bedroom, then went back to hug and kiss her rescuer and Alice too.

Later Sharon called Aaron after he got home from work and explained what had happened and what they had done, Ashley called her mother and told her everything except where she was, before calling her doctor's surgery and making an appointment.

That night Ashley slept with the two women for comfort, there were tears, hugs and kisses, followed by gentle love making and she slept fitfully in the middle of a double spoon.

The next morning Baxter was signing on at the Job Centre, with lots of forms to fill in and questions to be answered, only to be told that he wouldn't get any money for two weeks and that he would have to apply for a minimum amount of jobs every week and log them in a booklet he had been given.

He was so pissed off he went to the pub for a half, instead of the supermarket as he originally intended. While he was there a skinny guy in his late twenties walked in, looked around and walked over to Baxter's table and said,

"You Baxter?"

"Yeah, who wants to know?"

"Never mind, you lookin' for work, cash in hand?"

"Doin' what?"

"Escort!" but seeing the look on Baxter's face, hastily added, "Ridin' shotgun not the other type."

"How much?"

"A ton!"

"Fuck off, you want a good job it'll cost you two!"

"OK!"

"What, where and when?"

"What ain't your concern, Liverpool, tomorrow night... you in?"

"Yeah, dole don't pay for two weeks and only peanuts!"

"I'll pick you up here at six, there shouldn't be any trouble but..."

"OK and I'll be prepared... I'll be here but it'll cost you a pint now, I'm broke" he grinned.

The guy laughed and went to the bar and returned with a pint of beer, said 'See ya' and left. Martin drank slowly, deciding what being 'prepared' would entail, he walked home via a building site, where he pulled a two foot length of reinforcing bar out of a rubbish skip. He took it out to his dad's shed and cleaned it off with a wire brush, shortened it by six inches and wrapped some tape around one end as a handle.

At six pm the next evening, he was waiting outside the pub when a car pulled up with the same guy driving, Baxter opened the door and awkwardly got in (due to the rebar down his trousers).

"What you carryin'?" The guy asked, grinning.

Baxter pulled out the rebar and showed him and he nodded in satisfaction. The eighty five mile drive took two and a half hours and they arrived at a warehouse near the docks. The guy called a number on his phone and announced their arrival, the doors opened and they drove inside and got out the car.

Baxter stayed by it but watched all around as the deal went down, a lot of money was exchanged for two bags of a white powder, totalling a kilogram. They drove home in a more roundabout way to check for anyone following them. As he was dropped off, he was handed ten twenty pounds notes the guy asked,

"You want more of this?"

"Yeah, anytime."

"OK, I'll tell the boss, you got a phone?"

"Nah, can't afford one yet."

"Here, use this one but don't abuse it OK, I'll call you when we want your services again, OK?"

"OK!"

It was late when he walked down his road and checked out Ashley's home again but the lights were out so he went home to bed.

The next day he went shopping for some clothes that fitted, he bought three polo shirts, two pairs of cargo pants with all the pockets and another hoody all in black plus boxers, socks and a pair of black work boots. Then he went to the supermarket to buy cigarettes and asked if Ashley still worked there and was told that she was off sick at the moment and he felt both relieved and happy.

When he got home he was quizzed by his mother, about his new clothes and where the money had come from. He gave her the basic details, which was a collection and delivery to Liverpool, cash in hand, his father looked on, decidedly unhappy but kept quiet.

That evening Martin Baxter waited for Pam Hunter to walk up the road from the bus stop after work.

"Hello Mrs Hunter, tell me where Ashley is living now, I know that she's off sick but doesn't live here anymore!"

"She knew you would soon be getting out of prison so she left weeks ago and wouldn't tell me where she would be staying, for her own safety. I KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HER, YOU BASTARD! And what those Lanes brothers did to Annie Dickens, on your orders!" she shouted.

"Yeah well, that's all history now and you'd better shut up about it if you know what's good for you!" He replied quietly but seething inside.

"Leave her alone, the police know too so if you so much as touch her, they'll have you back inside faster than you can say 'asshole', you piece of shit!

"The bitch! She ratted on me!"

"No she didn't, she eventually told me and I reported it to them, hoping they could keep you in prison while they investigated!"

"You stupid bitch! That was eight years ago, three out of the five witnesses are dead, there is no evidence because the old house is gone now and she didn't get pregnant, fortunately. So again I ask, where is she?"

"I don't know and I wouldn't tell you if I did!"

He stood there shaking with anger but knew he couldn't touch her so he forced himself to relax.

"Maybe you're right, there's no profit in wasting my time trying to find her but it's nice to know that she'll be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her life" he answered, grinning nastily and walked home, thinking hard.

Pam was furious as she unlocked the house and closed the door, she called her daughter on her mobile phone and told her what had just happened.

Firefly1z
Firefly1z
343 Followers