All Comments on 'The Hijacking of Global 7749'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerover 18 years ago
A thrilling story with romance mixed in !!!!!

I like the way you made the characters be real. Not some movie hero type that was too over the top to relate to. Many everyday people are capable of very great things when life forces them to do it. An these everyday people are the real heros in life. They do what is needed when it is needed. Not for money or fame, just for their fellow man. Please, I would like many other authors to read this story and kraft their characters more like them. Good writing!!!!

wjthermanwjthermanover 18 years ago
Excellent!

As the previous writer said, just excellent writing! I loved it! I'm an aviation and military enthusiast, so the technical details mixed in with the romance were very enjoyable!

NamizujsNamizujsover 18 years ago
Great story, good writing!

A well written, good story of believeable people, thankfully at least some come to good ends.

Keep writing please!

John

phoenix764phoenix764over 18 years ago
Fantastic

A great story. Please keep writing them like this one.

romaq7705romaq7705over 18 years ago
thanks

great story. thanks for writing. keep em coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Right on

the sex was well done. Don't overlook the requirement for screening. The Colenel is a hero and operated as only a good Marine would do. The same for the "Gunny".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Story

I especially liked the press conference aspect where Ken pointed out the ridiculous bureaucratic nonsense of the TSA in screening passengers and checking airline employees. Tom Ridge and Norman Mineta need to read this part of the story, particularly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
747

This is an extremely good story, and it kept my attention riveted from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a nit

that needs picking. you say 190 thousand, which is obviously too high, more likely you meant flight level 190, which is 19000 ft.

and I liked the story too

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 18 years agoAuthor
Right as Rain Nit Picker!

I knew someone would catch that slip up. I caught it after I had submitted it, but decided not to bring it back and fix it due to the delays in getting submissions approved. My fault. Originally I wrote it as, "Flight Level" but when I changed it I failed to correct the numbers.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
Well done

I wonder if you had read "Flying Blind" by Michael A. Smerconish? Your comments on profiling were right on point...though unfortunately, they are not policy yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!

Once a gain you have created a winner--just the right blend of romance, suspense, and an amazing awareness of things technical and wove them into the story in a masterful fashion. CONGRATULATIONS from one of your ardent readers

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Best on the site so far--keep up the good work--we all really enjoy your stories, VERY entertaining, well paced, and extremely thoughtful

grumbletasgrumbletasover 18 years ago
wonderful

As an ex Airforce serviceman (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer-Royal Australian Air Force)who has done a few hours in the back of C130's and many hours in other military aircraft, I enjoyed the technical flying jargon interspersed with a great deal of drama and romance.

A bit of nostalgia from my youth.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 17 years ago
Captivating!

Classic Dinsmore, supurb writing. But where did you get that "310 thousand" altitude? Didn't you mean "flight level 3-1-0"? I know, chopper pilots don't know nuttin' about Flight Levels. <g> Another nit, HLS and TSA sprouted since 9/11/01, so your ending "...both lived a long and satisfying life together" has yet to be fulfilled.

There were a few more technical errors relating to aviation, but I'm sure the non-pilot readers didn't mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great Story

Wonderful stuff. I don't know how I missed this in my earlier readings of your stories. I loved the laid back interaction of your characters and the included, underlined message to our agencies to get up to speed and focus on making our flying safer without complicating the experience any more than necessary. The confiscation of the blunt nosed scissors a case in point. Your characters came across as very real and the dialog authentic. The small errors of detail didn't in any way detract from the story, in my opinion.

Thanks for a great read, Please keep up the great writing.

jack_strawjack_strawover 14 years ago
better late than never

I wondered how I missed such a quality offering by an author as well-regarded as this, then I looked at the date that it was released: 8-29-05. I missed a lot of stories that day and for about six weeks afterward, thanks to a destructive bitch named Katrina. But it was well-worth the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good job!

I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing it. In my opinion it is well-written with good detail, sufficient character development and an erotic sexual encounter. Hey, what more could one ask for? [Gualterio]

auhunter04auhunter04about 13 years ago
ya

you give yourself away

USMC, Field Grade

Rotary and fixed wing; some grunt time

More than one junket into hell, guessing 4

now a school teacher--US History

ya

retiredMarineretiredMarineabout 12 years ago
Only one that to say...

Semper Fi !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Research

You are either a pilot or a very good at research,something I greatly respect as a reader.Looks like I'm another fan,you tell a great story! Can't remember my login info so will post as anonymous,sorry to say!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 10 years ago
Well written

Well thought out and well researched.

IMHO, a good story on what can go right and wrong in our society.

Loved the slam on some of the stupid questions media wannabes ask,too often without thinking!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good jaaaaab

This story is very... American. Not that it's a bad thing, patriot.

GeorgeInOmahaGeorgeInOmahaover 9 years ago
Excellent

Originally read this story about four months ago. This story is just as good or more enjoyable reading it the second time.

GatorRickGatorRickover 9 years ago
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A riveting story. Well researched and written. Keep writing stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

I liked this story very much the first time I read it, a few years ago. Rereading it is just as good.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Ah well just anpther exceptional story by this very good author

I think is just more of the same - LOL

You do not seem to be able to write poorly - Thank you - you think well and know your topic better than most before you write anything.

It means good every time and great many times - wish you were still here -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Overkill

Would have been an excellent read if you hadn't kept drilling into the reader that the main character was a marine. Read most of your stuff, usually 4 or 5 stars, rated this 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'd wager anon below

doesn't know many Marines with serious combat experience. They are a different breed. I wasn't, but know enough of them to have a healthy respect.

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 8 years agoAuthor
If you don't lile Marines...fuck off. You are hereby forbidden from reading these stories.

Enough said in the title.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YOu're just part of the NAVY so sit down!

and shut your pie hole

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
A very good . . .!!!

A very good story well written without the usual amount of bull shit and I agree with the basic premis that the system is broken. And when everything goes to hell call a Marine.**

**I give the story 5 stars or a 4 on the Budweiser Scale***

***for information on the Budweiser Scale I can be reached at str3tchy@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A good story until the end where you blew it when you said Ken died in his nineties. When did this story take place? When the first 747's started to fly? They started comercial flights in 1969. Ken was coming up on 50 years of age. He lived into his 90's, even if he was on the very first 747', he lived 40 years he died in 2009. Highly unlikely story timeline.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
To previous anon

Nowhere does it give a date for his death or specify that his death happened in "our" current timeline this story could have happened in 2010 and his death in 2050. Who knows, it's an unimportant detail really since timelines beyond the now and 30 mins into the future were not really covered.

To the author, a very nice story, thank you for an enjoyable read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anon - Do your maths

It says in the story that Ken was a young officer in the Vietnam war. Keeping it simple, he was, perhaps, 25 in 1970. That would mean that the incident might have taken place sometime around 1995 - give or take a few years. Yes, that means that "Ken" is not actually dead yet, but the problem is? It's a story! It's fiction!

Thanks Dinsmore, I enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another fine story by Dinsmore. I don't think he's written a story I didn't like. I just wish he would write more. 5 Stars, without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Flyinf

Great story including the IFR flying, approach and landing. Of course a couple of other comments pointed out the flight level errors. In the USA anything above 18,000 feet is expressed as a flight level. I personally have over 10,000 of flight time of which over 6,000 hours is in the Herky Hilton in various configurations. You made a perfect description of a career military officer and pilot. Thanks a bunch.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
for butt holes that hide their names

all ways some A$$ holes who spout off about a story . to ashamed to say who they are. Marines are taught from the start to improvise because no plan however thought out is likely to fail from the start

teedeedubteedeedubabout 5 years ago
Super story

As it should be but sadly seldom is. And the news media, is there any hope that they will ever grow up? Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
JUST STUNNING

Author's jabs at the system reminded me of the song Politically Uncorrect, by Gretchen Wilson and Merle Haggard. Find it on the Internet. Plenty of stereotypes, but plenty of truth. And, especially with the video, plenty of fun.

Easily 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sadly, Dinsmore is no longer correct.

Passengers are not allowed to be profiled. We are way too politically correct in 2019.

BTW, Huey drivers did not use any flight levels, that seemed to get so many panties twisted out of shape. It was treetop minus two inches (RVN).

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago
Stupid TSA

Confiscated my multi-tool screwdriver set I always carried with me. Didn't want me to stab anyone with it on the concourse or something.

Great story, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very Powerful

There are many very good stories available on YouTube and Literotica. The best ones are with you for life, and, for me, this story fits nicely in that category. I first read this story on YouTube, and like so many other fine stories on YouTube, just disappear. You can't imagine the happiness I felt finding it on Literotica. It is truly an exceptional piece of work. Now I can email the link to others to read and treasure. PERFECT!

(I need to create an account so I can comment by other means than anonymous) C. Close

drachir53drachir53over 3 years ago
Great story!

That was a fantastic great read! Thanks, Dinsmore

BR, LA Cajun Guy

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Another great story that was well written. A well deserved 5+ stars

arrowglassarrowglassover 1 year ago
Really really really liked this one!

Thanks for this story!

Diecast1Diecast1about 1 year ago

A really great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gripping! 5*+

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow and wow again. The author understands that Romance in the context of a gripping story line is a great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous