All Comments on 'The Hit Man'

by PastMaster

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't know, mattenw, but if that was a thing, I think there would be much less cheating going on in this world.

lukeey90lukeey90over 1 year ago

A married cheater is just the same as a killer. They just don't kill physically ...sadly many women use sex as a weapon in most marriages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So hotel employee checks lover Peter for a pulse and employee says Peter is dead, wife Julianna then turns and leaves the hotel room. Only then do the police and EMTs show up and make the link with blood pressure meds and Viagra as the likely cause.

So how did Julianna find out about the meds and Viagra if she wasn't in the room and most likely not even in the hotel by then? Did she hang around outside the room and only after finding the cause, she left the deadly scene? Why expose herself to more people once it went fubar?

PastMasterPastMasterover 1 year agoAuthor

Good spot Anonynmous regarding what Julianna knew about Peters death - that is author blindness for you right there. She wouldnt have known that. If it werent for the complications of reposting I'd change that

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Wow... a truly dark story. Yet so well done. Thank you!

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

I liked it, great work. 5*

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Dark and leaves a bad feeling after reading it, but it was compelling. I thought for a while that our hit man would take her back since he had been doing evil things all the time she was and she was really planning on becoming a faithful wife (she said) after he retired from his "job". In a way it would have been good retribution for both - being married to someone who was truly a bad person. Unfortunately he felt he was in the right and she was a bad person so he killed her too. Not a really satisfactory ending, but in a way it all fit. 4*

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Infidelity isn't a capital offensel Serial contract killing to punish infidelity is idefensible. I love alll your other stories, but have to relegate this one to the slush pile. Sorry. Doesn't make you a bad writer, just a questionable judge of characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. Perfect end to a serial cheater.

She had no remorse, no apology, no guilt. One less slut in the world.

Five stars, more if I could give them.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Wow, very dark, but still good reading even if kind of hard to believe. Still think he should have gone back and taken care of the "Colonel" at a later date just to tie up loose ends and even the score.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Wow! Sure glad this guy isn't at all judgmental. A cold blooded killer. Well he obviously believes in 'till death do us part'. Good story.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Why

Why would he take a month to complete a hit.?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story; IMHO your best. Glad he showed contempt for his wife's pathetic attempts to justify her long-standing adultery. Nice dark ending.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Good story but I feel some double standard here. She compartmentalized her cheating and he compartmentalized his killing. Nice couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well-written karmic tale that leaves the rails quite soon--and ends inevitably a wreck! Seems fair enough that this guy who goes off to kill cheaters is himself being cheated on by wifey! The unfair aspect is an ending where he gets to kill her for cheating on him for a couple decades, but he gets away with all of the killings he's done for 2+ decades. Underlying the whole piece is a deranged weighing of moral imperfections, coming from author via mind of protagonist: that his killings are just & that cheating is way more serious than mere killing. This is a rabid dystopic vision of human affairs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now this is a real man, even though he was a unwittingly cuckold, as soon as he found out that he was a cuckold, he killed both of them. Just as it should be, great job..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Loved it! *****

Lanlan69Lanlan69about 1 year ago

Hell_O!, love it.

Anallicker01Anallicker01about 1 year ago

Bravo! Excellent story with an incredible, stupendous ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good riddance bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

AND HE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED FOR JOHN AND KILLED HIM

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

While I don't condone murder of any kind, the main character in this story is a hit man who fulfills contracts on cheating spouses, usually men. Hence the karmic irony that his wife is a two decade serial cheater who couldn't go more than two days without getting laid while he was off doing contract hits (btw how does a hit take a month to fulfill, was it two or three concatenated together?). Moreover, she is one of the most unrepentant cheating wives on this site. Not only frequency but zero guilt (except a little after thr first time) and an I stand desire to repeat. Ironic because most of the sex cannot have been that good. She also claims to never have any feelings for the other men and that is probably true. Despite apparently saying "love you" to Peter and him saying it back (what we the MC hears, surprised he did not confront her on that one before her death), it is probably a knee-jerk pleasantry for her that she in no way means. Exhibit A: she sees Peter is dead and immediately leaves with zero emotion or interest and shows zero feelings for Peter afte the fact. But she is essentially a sociopath who doesn't understand love, loyalty or affection. She has total irredeemable compartmentalization. Zero fidelity. Zero remorse (except hurting him) and even had DNA tests ready on the off chance that he discovered her infidelity which was only whenever he traveled for a hit. Perfect karma. He travels to go kill someone for cheating and she notches another guy in her belt. It is hilarious her description of them as akin to going to lunch with a friend but using a flesh sex toy. And her reasoning for not saying anything about how travel for work is also psychotic. Basically she didn't want to be a nag and couldn't be bothered. Anyways is it any surprise how it ended. A serial contract killer murdering his unrepentant serial cheating wife. Kind of doubt it. Notice in the final conversation when he goes up to get the poisoned wine. Quite telling. Creative fictional BTB.

shopratshoprat10 months ago

You've written some truly excellent stuff but neither this story nor "The Gas" is up to your usual standard. Stories as dark as these can work, but these two just don't do it for me. You are certainly attempting to work across a very wide range; it's amazing that the same person wrote the excellent "Asleep" as well as this story. I'm going to keep reading because your best stories are wonderful, and I'm hopeful that there be more like that. But I wish you would turn away from stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The world needs more hit mem like this

OlFrog14xOlFrog14x9 months ago

My guilty pleasure -- let the culprit know who did them and why, then a clean break.

I do wonder if any police would notice a national pattern of killings of adulterers with sniper range and loads (bullets).

/Roland and Susan/R and his Thompson/.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fuck yah!

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

That last line is killer. Great story. What a coincidence finding the asshole you have a contract on screwing your cheating wife.

rickylaw01rickylaw018 months ago

Wow! This guy had absolutely no tolerance for cheaters. Great dark story. I see in the comments some people didn't like it (probably they were cheaters) but I enjoyed it

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

thanks for you writing.

RosejaRoseja7 months ago

If you want to cheat you must pay the price. A great story. Need more men like him.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

A well-written, fun read. Thanks!!!

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

4 stars

Would have been five if the ending was developed a bi more.

Regardless, great plot!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clever!

Predictable, but very clever

pugg6963pugg69633 months ago

Fucking fantastic. Tease out that last conversation.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

So delightfully cold and calculating right at the end.

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

"Same thing I just did to you."

I LIKED that ending!

Now I'm off to read more of your stuff...

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Really great story. I love the idea of an assassin roaming around putting cheaters down. This guy took out his cheating wife and her lover. Last sentence tells the story. Before you Marines get too puffed up, remember Lee H Oswald and Charles Whitman were Marines. Worse than that even, Ic69hunter , our old whiney bi cuck, was a mustang Marine General direct commissioned from LCpl and strip club bouncer straight to Lt General.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Great!

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg26 days ago

Ironically, I was developing a story where the main character was a hitman whose latest target was his cheating wife, when I discovered your story. That was a couple of months ago so I put it on the back burner. Now I’ve come back for a second read before I write my story. Gotta make sure I’m not accidentally influenced by your story.

Julianna was a cold, calculating bitch in her stepping out on hubby. And hubby was just as cold and calculating when he got his revenge.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief25 days ago

Second reading and it's still a darn good story, although a bit dark. I know it's just a story, but wouldn't she seem too young for a heart attack? Maybe in Mexico there's a better chance of getting away with something like that, especially if a little money was spread around to the right people.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades25 days ago

Thanks for your writing.

Helen1899Helen189912 days ago

Oh a definite 10* and into my favourites. Now back to the author to try and find another dark one.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

A very disappointing story because the outcome was so predictable almost from reading the title. I just hoped it would be different. If uxoricide is your thing, then have at it. Me? I was just disgusted!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPastMaster@PastMaster
Other locations you can find my work https://storiesonline.net/s/29762/caleb-by-pastmaster?ind=1 https://readonlymind.com/@Pastmaster/Caleb/ or on my patreon patreon.com/user?u=577867 KR PM

story TAGS