All Comments on 'The Hobbler and the Limper'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Sweet story

Thanks. Good reaffirming way to start the work day. As always, interesting and compelling characters. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice believable romantic tale.

Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Liked the story and characters. Thanks for your time and imagination. 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 5 years ago
Great

Another wonderful story by Trigudis!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
thank you

Thank you for the thoughtful and wonderful story.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
First of your stories I've found

Superb writing -well done.

Am looking forward to reading your back catalogue

trigudistrigudisover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks All

A big thanks to everyone here who read and commented. Years ago (late 1960s), a friend of mine had a blind date with a girl who'd had polio (he knew that before he picked her up). Nancy was her name. She wore a brace and used a cane. He never called her again, but I always wondered what might happen if he was able to overlook her handicap. "The Hobbler and the Limper" is the result.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
People with disabilities can love too

A love story with a dose of reality thrown in. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My mother had polio--spent some time in an iron lung, but Dad was always there for her, even though she later spent a lot of time in a wheelchair. Several years later, I got a baby sister, so I knew they weren't just cuddling in bed.

Life is what you make of it--you just have to work harder at it when you have a disability.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

Conquering adversity only makes you stronger. In a rushed sort of way this story makes the point clearly. 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...