The Hollybrook Witches

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As a matter of fact, not far. I've taken the opportunity to look for a home for Ed, the girls, and me. He's certain to be hired for the teaching position at BC, and we want to leave Hollybrook with its bad memories behind."

I realized as she spoke that Esse had been maneuvering behind the scenes. My dreams, the new job, and my discovery of my wife's infidelity. No unexplainable miracles were involved. Visions of the past disguised as dreams, A nagging doubt, a lost bag, a job opening, an interview stacked with witches, and perfect timing on a trip to Miami and back.

Just luck, you might say. Was it good luck or bad? Three hundred years before, the people of Hollybrook had bad luck. Were we to blame?

My wife was speaking. Actually, she was shouting.

"Listen, you bitch! I don't know who you think you are, but no one is going to take away my husband and kids!"

"No one is taking them away. You threw them away. I've been waiting a long time for my man. Still, I gave you every opportunity, and all you did was cheat. As for Sarah and Patty, I'll let them choose, but you already know where their hearts lay. Don't you, bitch."

At this point, Frank tried to put himself between the two women who looked about to physically attack each other. But he tripped and fell, hitting an end table on the way down. He was bleeding from a head wound. There was a significant amount of blood. Lucy and Sheila rushed to his aid. Oscar fainted.

Esse pulled out a phone and called for assistance. Then she whispered in my ear, "I think my work here is done."

She pulled me from the house and, once outside, I asked, "Where to now?"

"I think we should spend a few days with Alice Parker while we look for a house. But we need to stop and pick up the twins on the way. They're missing their daddy."

"Alice won't mind?" I asked.

"Oh no. She's expecting—looking forward to meeting—Sarah and Patricia."

I put my arm around her as had the other Edward so many years before. We walked toward a new life—free, I hoped, of the past.