All Comments on 'The Homecoming'

by Darkforeboding

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting

I found this very intriguing. Wondering what led up to all this. It appears these 2 had a very traumatic upbringing. I'd be VERY interested to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Well crafted. Mystery, drama, intimacy and a surprise ending. Loved it.

imurddyimurddyover 6 years ago
not bad

A good beginning, but you should know that car tires make a loud crunching sound in the snow. Just thought you would want to know.

prop69prop69over 6 years ago
Well written but depressing

Needed more information . Who was the other woman mentioned? Was it their Mom?

Fliccy_subFliccy_subover 6 years ago
Well Crafted.

Really enjoyed reading this, it kept me wondering and i liked it a lot.

warmgolde525warmgolde525over 6 years ago
intriguing writing

I like that the writer leaves gaps for you to fill in without giving it all away. Thought provoking and creative. Felt like i was almost there with the vivid descriptions. I think the other woman is her partner, but she still yearns for a man once in a while. That's why the other woman gets pissed that she goes to see her brother. Keep writing~ love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
pretty bad

don't quit your day job.

JjwayneJjwayne12 months ago

I respect what you tried to accomplish here, but at the end of the day, the story is in the incest/taboo category. As you only have two characters, there was no surprise that they were related. I think some back story would have gone a long way to help make this story more complete and enjoyable, forgoing the attempted plot twist.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, giving characters accents is tricky. There are so many different regional dialects, it's always going to come off as out of place for a large portion of the readers. Try as authors might, it sometimes makes the characters seem less realistic. But that's just me, and 8 might very well be in the minority with that opinion.

Thanks for your efforts, and overall, I thought the story was pleasant.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous