All Comments on 'The Homeless'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

OMG ! You just keep on keepin' on! Thanx!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yeah I agree! Bloody great story but needs a Part 2/3 to make it great!!!

Crazy_papaCrazy_papa6 months ago

Great story but needs to have part 2!

J6480J64807 months ago

Great story well told

alfabloodtypealfabloodtype7 months ago

Wonderful story! Thank you.

Archie58Archie587 months ago

I'm a FAN, love most your work here, and have read most of these more than once, The Link, The Mountain, and The Cotillion are favorites. Sorry you no longer post here and understand why, but I do hope you are still posting/publishing somewhere.

KnightofmindKnightofmind8 months ago

Your stories all have a glee and optimism curiously strewn with eroticism and sadness. It seems like something I should pay attention to. I wish to write also. Infotainment! Thank you.

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[29.08.23]

I just noticed this possible (?) reference:

Dr. Bounder...I am reminded of the Monty Python sketch 'Travel Agent' with Michael Palin as Mr. Bounder and Eric Idle as Mr. Smokedtoomuch...or it could just be a coincidence.

Ciao,

'Sin City' Spence?:>}

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Like several of the comments - chapter 2? Even on several reads, it's still great!!

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

I do wish we'd had a little more about Tom, his wife Julie (Susan was the lunchtime diner lady), and his "daughter" Natty, giving birth to his "grandchild" , or he gives her away at her wedding.

btrying_2btrying_2over 1 year ago

This was a re-read of this engaging story. I enjoyed it yet again. Wonderful. I too wanted more, but do not feel I was left hanging. Life goes on. Thanks for sharing. John.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

5

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[10.08.22] Pt. Duex

Loove this reference:

I was whistling the old Frito bandito tune on my way to the car.

Fun Fact: Doritos were created at Disneyland!

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[10.08.22]

Great story!

11/10!!!!!

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

DreamCloud is a great author, but this was not one of his best -- even then it is better than most stuff on this site.

I could not understand why Natty would push intimacy but then withdraw as if they wee merely passing distant friends. The whole thing with Julie (often called Susan) also did not seem right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The end seemed to be a bolt on, hurried. If only dyslexia could be got over that easily. I have heavy dyslexia some have it light. When a persons asks explain dyslexia I liken it to a library. Some may have one book from one self one one department of the library. Some may have a whole shelf in one part. I have many books from many shelves in the library. Problems - fonts, how something is written, slow hand eye co-ordination, poor short term memory, poor concentration, very bad spelling, very bad hand writing are just some. Good stuff - exhalent visual skills, lateral thinker, good at engineering, health and safety, auditor, investigation skills. Rubbish (trash) at transposition of formula. Rubbish at academic leaning. Good at speed read especially if words or letters or there are grammar issues, we just glide past them and automatically adjust or add the words. Dyslexia is a two edged word. The biggest problem is academics, they normally think dyslexics are idiots as they cannot handle how we think, act or do. Without a dyslexic being assessed they will know know what their wear areas are. Hence the term Dyslexia is a cover term every dyslexic may well be different . Hay Ho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A story worth 5 stars except the end with ungrateful Natty moving on Julie at the door warranted 2 stars ONLY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't really see why she couldn't be with him. If they love each other why not go for it?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

excellent. just sort of risky with a "homeless" girl, STD and birth control? Some people just need a nudge to open back up to life

Horseman68Horseman68over 2 years ago
Miss You, DreamCloud.

No idea how often have reread you stories here. You and your creativity are such a great loss. Thank you for all the pleasure, and regret that you were treated so poorly. May you fare well.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Thank you sooo very much!

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

It's another 5'er.I From the idle chit chat about the author I get the impression he's moved on to greener pastures, a situation I can easily understand BUT damn it, I do like his work!

Re little Natty - stay away from that young stuff, she'll do you in surer Rick, more fun maybe but surer all the same!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

MAYBE NATTY WAS HIS GUARDIAN ANGEL AND HE WAS HERS. Maybe Julie will give him a baby, the ultimate gift...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

probably the worst dreamcloud story. which is to say a 5/5 that's just not on par with all the other 5/5s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Man I love your stories! 5*

954Hard954Hardover 2 years ago

Loved this story. Both lead characters lifted the other’s life in a profound way. Definitely a “feel good” read. Much praise for this story and the author.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Such a wonderful and touching story, warms my heart to read stories of others helping those who need help getting back on their feet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story, but tons of sloppy errors...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

We all have a special friend that helped us at low point in life, although not always sexual, they forever have a place in our heart. Thank you to all the "Nattys" in the world!

Thanks for another awesome story Dream Cloud!

MyersBriggsINTPMyersBriggsINTPalmost 3 years ago

Again and again, DreamCloud, your brilliant imagination entertains, informs, and enlightens. You truly have a wonderful gift with your storytelling. Thank you for your honest efforts; I'm grateful.

Steve Scott.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What a wonderful story of two souls rescuing each other. I was disappointed in the end of not hearing more of what happened to the characters. For one thing what kind of relationship did Tom and Natalie maintain, if he adopted her as his daughter that would been have a real twist, then did Julie and Tom find a happily ever after together. So many possibilities in this tale and they all could become one big family with so many paths that could be taken. Well done. 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Touchingg story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Can't comment much except this is definitely a 5 star ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟 ratings. Thank you for your lovely story.

Ali Singapore

fantasy57fantasy57about 3 years ago
Homeless no more

Natty gets a home and Rick gets a home in prison which includes more sex than he ever anticipated. Now there is an idea for some tales from the dark side.

I truly enjoy your writing and intend on reading more of your work. 5*'s and thank you for sharing.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

Very well crafted story, but I was hoping Tom would have ignored the age difference and proposed to Natty in the hospital anyway. 5 stars, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved this gentle and tender story - he saves her, then she saves him. Beautifully witten and the odd grammatical error didn’t detract at all :)

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540about 3 years ago
Every one

There are authors who have multiple stories, wherein i pick and choose and hope I read their best. There are authors that write one big long tale (BusyBadger) wherein I read their entire work.

DreamCloud is the only author I have found that I am reading every one of his tales.

I will taking lessons, and I hope to emulate his wordsmanship in my own writing.

MartyMBMartyMBover 3 years ago

Regarding my comment two posts earlier: Oops, should have written "Natty and Tom".

I swear, in the future, wars will be fought because of unnoticed autocorrect errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting

This could have been the same old pervy old dude thing but she sort of led the story. It's not like either of them pushed or dragged the other to someplace they didn't want to be. It was like they both came together to give and receive what the other person needed. He helped he regain confidence and she re-connected him with human relationships. Where he wrote lesson when he should have wrote lessen and a few too's and what not definitely some editing to do but I thought the premise was kind of sweet. I would have given it more stars if they were available. I would suggest the people that rated lower were looking for more gratuitous sex and control. This was romantic in a way. I could see this fleshed out- softened up and made into a movie script.

MartyMBMartyMBover 3 years ago

I have only read this once, and don't understand why betty and Tom couldn't be together, especially since they both love each other. For me, the ending was confusing. I would have liked the story more if they would have stayed together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Need a good editor

Story's just ok. Could use a good editor.

DecemberstouchDecemberstouchalmost 4 years ago
Always 5 Bright Stars!

If only there were more stars to give! This one got a little personal because I'm Dyslexic. I would have loved to know the strange technique Dr. Palmer taught Natty.

Another amazing story as always DreamCloud. I hope all is well with you.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
No criticisms, its to easy, just enjoy and move on

Another love and understanding story.............keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Needs an editor with an eye for detail

Dr Karen Palmer became Susan, twice. He decides to “lesson” the pressure. “Will see” where it should have been “We’ll see”.

Otherwise, a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It didn’t end like I thought it would....

With all the interaction of Natty trying to set up Tom with Julie, I thought it was gonna end with a threesome as her parting gift to Tom for all he did for her. I mean, It is Literotica after all ! :) But I did like your ending as well, it is your unpredictability that draws us in. I am soo soo sorry that the selfishness of the dregs of society has torn from us your skill that is our little respite from reality. I hope in time you will come to see how much you are appreciated on this site. But if not, I hope you are happy in all you do and let us know on here when and where you are published so we can patronize your efforts.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent

Really good story about coming out of a shell, been there it's very easy to just stay in it.

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
You Are Greatly Missed.

Second reading of a favorite. You are such a talented writer who gives so much joy to readers, greatly regret that you have had such a bad experience on the site. Hope you are continuing yourself to enjoy writing wherever. Thank you again for the pleasure.

Rockh1Rockh1over 4 years ago
Super!

Every story is unique, creative, and wonderfully entertaining. I especially love the quality of the conversations. The stories are all excellent and I love the relationships built in this one. I really wish you would start submitting again. I am like others enjoying every story multiple times. Or, perhaps you are working on the great American novel? I would really like to read it! And just ignore the comments about grammar and spelling. They are noticeable but who needs perfection?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Story

Not that I don't think that Julie would be could be good for Tom but there seemed to be a very real connection between Tom and Natty and the age difference well that's just a number but I it would have been nice for Tom and Natty to have each other in there life. But it's your story and your ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So very sorry you have stopped writing for this site.

Hope you are well and doing okay. Your stories are all different and very well written. Some I've read three times (Yea, I'm losing it) and they are fresh each time. Thank you !!

Mojo648Mojo648over 5 years ago
Review

Bring back natty to live there, she did say theres room in the bed for 4 , so there would have plenty of space and comfort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You do have a talent...5 *'s for that alone...

...so I read your very engaging story...but...you either need an editor, or do something about the spelling, the grammar, and other language oddities I didn't keep track off. I'll keep reading, though. Thanks!

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
You write

The greatest stories, ty......10

Mojo648Mojo648almost 6 years ago
Review

Should've carried on the storyline with Matty, simple as that

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 6 years ago
I can always count on DreamCloud's stories...

to be interesting and erotic, with a superb plot. Somehow, I missed this one, and I'm glad I found it.

Two people who needed love found each other. Simple plot--but complicated by so many things. DreamCloud, you're the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
TOO SOON

once again a "DAMNED GOOD READ" THE ONLY thing is you should have kept going with Julie instead of just chopping it off.

hornyoldgoat

12-6-17

ps i lost my wife of 41 yrs on 12-11-4 and since then this is as intimate as i can get. so just keep up the good work. you and all the other fantastically talented authors here

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hope this helps

1/4 down on page 5. Dr, Palmer,is not the right doctor .Dr,Bounder is the one making the rounds…starts out like this . on wednesday Dr.Palmer ..should be On wednesday Dr, Bounder. for the correct train of thought ..unless I'm wrong, I don't think so ,but it has happened before once or twice LOL..R.W.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 6 years ago
Another Wonderful DreamCloud Story

I like how DreamCloud ends his stories with a mix of happiness and melancholy. It’s much like actual love. Even though I’m convinced everyone would have liked to see Natty and Tom end up together, it plays better this way. He gave her what she needed and she gave him what he needed, both unselfishly. More like the real world where events rarely give us the happy ending we desire. But somehow we are left the better for it when our imperfect happy ending comes.

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
Fantastic. Story

Someone with a good heart helping someone in need of help. A great story where Tom helped Natty turn her life around as well as his and let's don't forget Julie and his friend Susan at the greasy spoon.

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 6 years ago
Chapter 2?

I tend to trust authors with their endings, but the characters of The Homeless are more than curiously interesting. Although it is now 3 years later, I hope DreamCloud has spent time gestating a chapter 2 from Natty's point of view starting near the end of this piece and continuing onward. She (Natty) deserves her own ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another wonderful story

My god. You did it again! What a fertile imagination. I really appreciate it.

I'm working my way through your stories and hope I never come to the end.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Natty OTP

Really a shame that he and Natty didn't make a go of it they were sweet together, Julie feels like a poor consolation prize, I simply did not care about her at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
another good story

of two people finding love together....love how you develop the story and make them so interesting....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
second time around

Well, I have read all of yours now. So, since I can't find another author as good as you, 2nd time. Loved it again. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Romance!

Everything I've read of yours is "ROMANCE".! If it says "erotic coupling" that seems to be your code that the sex is more graphic, explicit, fluid..lol than the others. NO, the story is romance..

I'm personally amazed at how "prolific" a writer you are. Thanks, I hope you can convert your fantastic writing to something lucrative. If I was wealthy I would finance a movie or something,,Your stuff belongs on the silver screen.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Great, great story

A great story. I have read many of your stories, all of them have seemed magnificent, some more than others, but this, along with The Rehab, has come to my heart. I am an old romantic, as my nick says, and I love happy endings, but these two stories are bittersweet, do not end up as a typical happy ending. There is a nuance of background, a reality that in life, not everything is rosy.

5 * for you, and hoping that someday there will be a sequel to this story, at least to find out how Natty's life is going once he has left Tom and how Tom is going with Julie. I really think that the three are monogamous and that their lives will continue as two independent pairs (if Natty finds hers half orange).

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Really nice story! The punctuation irritates me a little, I'm used to placing the comma before "but". Also, this is your first story I read, and coming over from BurntRedstone's stories I really wonder how many ex husbands/boyfriends there are in the other stories that resort to open violence, and especially in broad daylight with witnesses.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warabout 7 years ago
Follow Up

I have read about half your stories and agree with most everyone, you are an excellant writer.

PLEASE give us a follow up story to this one. Expound on how Tom and Julie grow their relationship. Update Natty's life story, with her maybe needing Tom and Julie to help her out. Or maybe she has to give Tom age old advice to save his butt with Julie.

Thanks for writing these stories.

DoW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
damn, you really are good

thank you for your writing

excessumexcessumover 7 years ago

The last lines of these stories are hilarious. "Shit Natty told her everything." Again 5 stars.

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
Binging

Hey you've got a bunch of cool stories, hope I have time to read a couple more tonight. I started with 'the cabin' he didn't have enough wood was my clue. I've liked them all, like your favorite list to.

Merry Christmas to all and to all you perves good nights.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing story!

I really hope there will be a follow up story to know what happens with Tom and Julie

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ok

So what happens now are you going to continue the story or drop it here. I like it very much.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
You've done it again

Another⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Star story, what more can I say that hasn't already been said...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Really Nice Story

I liked it a lot. Good characters and story line. Kept my interest.

roveroneroveroneover 7 years ago
LOVED it!

So much empathy...really likable characters...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great. story

Really enjoyed it. A very entertaining story the people in it were so believable. 5 stars +

Ron/ cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

norcal62norcal62about 8 years ago
Your stories are fun and emotional reading.

Please pay attention to dropped words. Is it a cultural thing? Don't know, but it is disrupting to the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Love your work.

I'm so glad I came across one of your stories. I'm only part way through what you have I love every one of them.

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
I know

Natty and Tom couldn't be together forever. I still wanted them to be. Another beautiful story, my friend.

phred1phred1about 8 years ago
. . . . not quite finished!

This is an excellent story, and I greatly enjoyed it, BUT . . . it needs an epilog . . . something to explain what has happened as some time passes. The way it ends now, it just leaves things hanging.

SirBigfootSirBigfootover 8 years ago
Agree

Another great story, but like the others, disappointed that Natty and Tom didn't give it a chance to see where they could go. Two people who admit they love each other, give up on it, and HOPE they can fine love with someone else? Just plain wrong headed thinking on their parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Deserves all the attention and comments

If you ever redo, might want to address the protection thing with Natty as her past makes her a dangerous partner.

GeminiStargazerGeminiStargazerover 8 years ago
Agree with the others

Yeah, it did have some small errors but still better quality than most. I also was sad that Natty didn't stay with Tom, I like the forbidden age difference thing.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 8 years ago
spelling errors

decent story although I wasn't that much a fan of the ending I was rooting for them to stay together despite the age difference, and stay living more in the moment, which would have seemed to fit Nappy's character IMO.

Julie simply wasn't fleshed out enough for me to care, and having been introduced to Nappy first in the story, a certain degree of reader bias is unavoidable..

The technical side isn't up to your usual standards, I would suggest doing an extra round of thorough proofreading to iron out the sloppy errors; misspellings, grammar, and missing words.

Many people probably don't care, but I think it hurts the presentation of the story a bit, every error is a possible stumbling block that can break the immersion

sithonsithonover 8 years ago
5 stars good characters.

The only objection I have is that Tom and Natty gave up on a lovely relationship because of a age difference. They both love the other why give up real love for socially acceptable but uncertain love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

New here. I'm reading more and more of your work. I have to agree with Arinch, probably needs more proofing than any of your other work that I have had the pleasure to read thus far. Otherwise, keep up with the great story lines.

goldponygoldponyover 8 years ago
hmmmmm

Nothing like having a lover turn you on to another lover. Yet very inventive and believable. Your stories have a human ring and quality about them that makes them

"downhome" and reaches into the soul. Loved the promise, and so many others. Please keep up the good work, and may your nights be so much better than your days. Thank you again.GP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow!

You are one of the best story tellers I have come across! I come home from work and look forward to reading the next one... Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love Your Style

Great story-telling. Engaging and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Grammar Natzi Attack!

Good storyline. Well thought out with good imagery. Don't let the negativity discourage you from writing more.

arincharinchalmost 9 years ago
Badly Needs A Proofreader

Too careless, missing articles, switched homophones, phrases with incomplete thoughts. Please don't hurry.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
There are eight million stories...

...in the naked city. DC, everyone of yours are personable and believable.

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
re gator hermit

It was better than the normal Damsel in Distress and Middle Aged Knight... It had a nice variant where he ends up with someone his own age(ish). I think that has a much better chance of HEA. So would you call this a Loving Girlfriend story?

ScifiantScifiantalmost 9 years ago
Great story

I'm a bit frustrated with the spelling and grammar, but overall there wasn't much that would spoil the story. Note that "you're" is a contraction of "you are" and should not be used when you're trying for the possessive "your" - as in "your bed" etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Another great story!

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
What A Story!

Mabell said it best, "your stories have heart." I have to agree with that. Natty was a fantastic character. I felt kind of sad when I realized that she was setting up Julie to be with him. I was hoping they were going to become a family. I can see why that wouldn't have worked but I was hoping. Thank You for a very heart-warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Could you do a follow up 2

Ditto the comment you will find down a couple.

I read the Editor and I see what you mean... the story was fantastic but, well, thank you for finding an editor. :D

MastersWenchMastersWenchabout 9 years ago
Very Endearing

What a story! You are fast becoming one of my favorite authors! Thanks DreamCloud. :)

MastersWench

IdiotsavantIdiotsavantabout 9 years ago
would you consider a follow-up?

Would love to see a follow-up to this story showing what happened to Natty after she moved out. Could do a quick touch to show if Tom and Julie made it together after all. But would be more interested in seeing where Natty ended up.

Thanks for the great story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous