All Comments on 'The Hostage Returns'

by satindesires

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
Masterpuppy2974Masterpuppy2974about 2 months ago

At least there were no kids involved

012Say012Sayabout 2 months ago

Another 5 from me. Impossible situation handled well.

WoodencavWoodencavabout 2 months ago

Very good storey, very emotional, happy ending.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Qwer12Qwer12about 2 months ago

That was a different spin on the subject. I could see it going any of the three ways. Well done. Cheers

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

Well written and very entertaining. I scanned the sex as mmf sex makes me uneasy. My shit I know. All in all a difficult situation handled very well

JRandyJJRandyJabout 2 months ago

You write to poke at the readers emotion, you definitely did that. Heather was a nymph, Paul wasted no time moving in on the grieving widow, so he was a asshole. The husband should have gotten his house back with all his assets and sent Heather and Paul packing.

Heather HMMM! Do I think that name when used in stories or movies, is usually a mean Bitch. Oh no, here I sit thinking every one should think as I do. No I refuse to be a slimy Democrat. Good read!

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 2 months ago

Hey this reminds me of Castaway. Remember that? Something I totally missed and learned in a youtube video was how Tom Hanks reacted when the chick from Mad About You told him how old her daughter was. I didn't realize it but she would have had to have been pregnant already the day Tom Hanks took the flight and he immediately figured it out. And homeboy handled it with class.

tizwickytizwickyabout 2 months ago

Great story it reminded me of another story I read years ago about a wife who was lost a sea while sailing with her family. The husband was the only family member not aboard at the time of the accident. She was e rescued on a beach in Florida far away from the site of the accident but she had amnesia . Years passed without any resolution of her amnesia and at against medical advice she remarried.. Life went on normally until a chance encounter with her first husband while vacationing with her new husband led to a lifting of her amnesia I wish I could remember the title and the author . Anyone remember this story and who wrote it?

UnassignedUnassignedabout 2 months ago

@tizwicky - I think you're referring to Andyhm's "The Rings", an excellent story although the author has taken it down from the site.

.

Good story, and while it sucks for Paul, this was the right outcome.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 months ago

I've tried to write about this scenario and the conflict was too much for me to overcome. In this story, I'm guessing she loved Kris more than Paul and just needed a little something to justify her choice. She met and fell in love with Kris. Paul had been a friend who eventually provided emotional salvation, not quite on the same par as the love she had for Kris. A sad story for Paul, who deserved better.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 2 months ago

Weird -- but a good weird; 5*

CTimCTimabout 2 months ago

I could have done without the three way, but this is a fantastic gut wrenching storyline. I'm sure it was difficult to flesh out. Considering both the legal and morality/biblical angles, I think it ended correctly. Would have been even more knife twisting if instead of the three way Kris somehow walked in on her having farewell sex with Paul. Have him struggling to get over Paul's larger endowment and maybe the wife appearing to enjoy the sex more than he remembers with her.

CriosCriosabout 2 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly with CTim. Gut wrenching would be best way to describe this. I’m reminded of Andyhm’s “The Rings.” Unfortunately author has pulled that story but the characters’ internal conflicts are similar. @satindesires, you say it’s difficult to create new LW situations but you’re a master when it comes to crafting them and the emotions that those situations engender!

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 months ago

There should have been more discussion regarding the legal position, the fact that Kris was declared dead in only three years seemed to show undue haste. The family home, we are told was left to Kris by his grandfather, so it would be expected to be returned to him. Similarly the marriage to Paul would be annulled as her marriage to Kris was still valid. The story could have continued from there and a possible different outcome, who knows.

FordF150guyFordF150guyabout 2 months ago

Seems an awfully short time that some can be declared dead in the story. In England it is 7 years if there is no body. California 5 years. Plus the legalities of everything were kind of bypassed until the end of the story. I’d think the first thing you want to find is if the old marriage is still valid? Property issues, death certificates, back pay etc would need to be addressed right away. The idea of “the wife” sleeping/being with them both alone or together while Kris is re-integrating back into society and legalities are being looked and reversed seems a bit far fetched. But it was interesting to read. Kind of a cross between Homeland and Cast Away. 4**** as it was interesting to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Im glad Heather chose Kris

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast2010about 2 months ago

Of course she wanted both, what woman wouldn’t want to men at hand to take care of her. She gets two men, two cocks the chance of having sex regularly with two men but that’s the kicker. She gets two men, they essentially get to share half a woman I’m sure those relationships last a while for some people but in reality it’s hard for all three to feel equal, someone always loses out.

The men had to deal with the jealousy and doubt they wernt enough by themselves while she got the best of both.

One was always going to lose, that’s the reality of a situation like this.

Good story though

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 months ago

Reminded me of Matt Moreau, but without the emotional angst. 3 Stars

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

Didn't work for me. Just being honest.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

This was absolutely a difficult situation but the solution is simple in my mind it would have been more difficult if Heather was the last fenale in the world but no still too many single women out there and I think it is right Paul should be the one to give way. She was not his in the first place and Paul never had to suffer the way Kris did. If Heather was a car Paul drove abd used it for 5 years he would be obliged to return it to the owner once he return. Good, well-written story @satindesires.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

She wanted it all; but finally chose well.

Frank66Frank66about 2 months ago

Wow, tough situation, impossible situation. I'm giving it a 5 which I hardly ever do, just because of the thought put into it by 'Satindesires'. Well done.

MacIntyreMacIntyreabout 2 months ago

Great story with not a lot of good choices. Tizwicky - the story you’re looking for was „The Rings“ by Andyhm which is not on the site anymore.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 2 months ago

Story didn't work for me, not bad, just didn't work. There should have been more emotions at his release and finding out she married best friend. Also, the 3-way, just to unrealistic.

The storyline is good, not overused, just needed more emotions and realism between characters.

JJ1961JJ1961about 2 months ago

A hard choise. Reminds me of the biblical story about the mother’s love and the choice of letting his child go to preserve his live. He did it like Tom hanks but the result was the opposite ( I didn’t like it in the movie). The threesome, aseptic as intended, was unnecessary and the final act was way to short. Like others i think It seems difficult to have new approaches in LW category but sometimes some authors can do it. This is one of these cases.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 2 months ago

5*. Real story that partly was predictable but enough novelty to make it a worthwhile read.

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

Wonderful, if somewhat sad, story of love. Very realistic with believable characters with real feelings, doubts, and fears. The author gave them dialogue what was very believable and it was very easy to engage with them. Heather, as the MC, was developed the best, as she was the linchpin of the whole thing. The author captured all the emotions. The other commenters have said it better than I.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 months ago

A well thought out tale. Stories like this have happened in real life, where someone is lost and presumed dead and the spouse has moved on. It is a hard situation and Heather waited 3 years before marrying Paul.

In real life cases often the wife has remarried with kids and that pretty much settled it. I obviously don't have facts at my fingertips, if anyone does, but my impression is most of the time the spouse that has moved on doesn't go back, that they had moved on enough that they couldn't go back.

This story leaving out the attempt at a poly relationship rang true, bc I suspect the marriage surviving depends on how strong it was before. That Kris totally loved her and couldn't share would be a big factor, as well as Heather realizing that she couldn't lose Kris as much as she loved Paul.

This is such a complicated situation that it is hard to judge. Heather isn't a slut, she literally is in love with two men where one of them was presumed dead. Was she supposed to moon for Kris for eternity?

That she had sex with both of them was done out of love, not selfishness, Paul has been her husband for 2 years at that point.

It was a tough story and as such not surprised some don't like it, but it was well written and well thought out.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Great story but the ending seemed a bit rushed. It worked, but still… 4.1*

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

Excellent tale. The author did a great job creating the gut wrenching drama that the situation demanded. Well done!

demanderdemanderabout 2 months ago

Really good. A lesson that monogamy is the best thing, in the end. D

mainer42mainer42about 2 months ago

yes the ending was rushed but good story nonetheless

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 2 months ago

Heather is a selfish slut and Paul was an opportunist. From the first minute, Kris should have asserted his legal status and demanded an annulment from Paul or divorce her ass. 2*

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 months ago

Interesting story about a very difficult situation.

davezqdavezqabout 2 months ago

Complicated situation. Well explored with three honest characters and well resolved, albeit a little quickly I think.

miket0422miket0422about 2 months ago

I had to laugh that Paul got jealous that she had sex with Kris when she went to meet him after his rescue. Paul didn't wait until Kris was legally declared dead to fuck her so why should he be upset that she had sex with her actual husband???

To be honest it felt like the ending should have been that Heather lost both of them after she tried to have her cake and eat it too.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider1955about 2 months ago

I never liked the contrived “you both can share me” BS. She was a tramp and Paul swapped the voyage with Kris to stay at port and fuck his wife. The kidnapping was a bonus. I would never have taken the wife back and I would have sued to get the house and money back while throwing their cheating asses to the curb.

1959richard21959richard2about 2 months ago

I generally really enjoy your stories satindesires. This was not the result of " The Hostage Returns".

The evil, malicious, character was circumstance. Everyone, wife, husband #1, husband#2, were the victims.

There was no action, reaction, climax. Just an unhappy, sad, resolution. This was not a story, just a scenario.

Consider this a bump in the writing road satindesires.

I look forward to your next story. Good luck 👍.

I'm

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Interesting story!

5

likeboblikebobabout 2 months ago

IMHO, as soon as she slept with the hostage, husband 2 should have divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very well done. 5* One quibble: If Kris had been declared dead, why would Heather's marriage to Paul need to be annulled? She was legally a widow when she married Paul; she would need to divorce Paul and re-marry Kris.

Another story, more recent than AndyHM's "The Rings," deals with this situation with a very different outcome. I wish I could remember the name. Both are excellent stories.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 2 months ago

I would have like to see more court action when Kris goes to court and have his death reversed and also demand all financial actions taken after his death be reversed so his grandfathers house is back in his name His is once again married to Heather Paul has to live with results

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

4 stars - for probably one of the 'WORST CASE SCENARIOS' for a married couple. I was not surprised to see you chose the original husband with the 'smaller' cock, but better overall sexual technique. Why? Because big cocked guys are always selfish, conceited, narcissistic, ASSHOLES - hahaha

When one is presumed lost or dead and the other is left to pick up the pieces of their life and move on. Then suddenly (months or years later), the presumed dead person is miraculously found alive and returned.

Hopefully, the 'No Talent Hack' does not try this plot, as he could wax on poetically for 10 pages or more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I bailed out when the MFM started. I will rate this two stars.

JPB NOT BOB

beatman04beatman04about 2 months ago

Great story, but the ending was rushed. Unanswered questions as well. Had her and Paul been together before kris was lost? How soon after did she jump into bed with Paul? Lost opportunity to discuss legal issues. It had been Kris' house, his pension, his money??? Too short for a complicated scenario.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Heather is a disgusting character

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Great story, good ending….

Thanks for sharing..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very interesting story line. It ended a bit abruptly, but there really wasn’t much more to say. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The last line did it for me. Well written.

doctrptdoctrptabout 2 months ago

No way in the world that a man who loves a woman, as strongly as Kris did his wife, allows her to have a three-way with anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What happened when she found out she was knocked up, and couldn't be sure who the father was? No winner here.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

I was about ready to hate it but you managed to find a Solomon split the baby solution. Well done. I wouldn't have stuck around that long but damn clever ending.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Harley,

It ain't your story and the author says your facts are wrong. You can't read something into the story the author says is wrong and frankly, you saying they were planning to cheat when they swapped the trip makes no sense given the story. Have to conclude you are an emotional thinker not inclined toward logic.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 months ago

Eh. Ok plot device but I don't buy the process.

I can't picture Kris letting another guy nail his wife right in front of him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A true and best friend will not betray his friend by marrying his wife (even is he was deceased)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

For once there is an accurate portrayal of how women actually are wired in an LW story...they want a man who is possessive. The plot isn't novel, but the execution and character development are well done. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Really didn't work. Hard decisions are called that for a reason, and life has them. Real adults can make them. She was a selfish child for not making the decision quickly.

If he were legally declared dead, their marriage is done. But inheritance gets rolled back.

FD45FD45about 2 months ago

This did not satisfy. The situation can be real but I didn’t relate to or care about any of them.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 months ago

The resolution was kind of strained to write it seems. That said, from an ethical position, I think the the new spouse takes a hike no matter how painful if the original couple were in a good place before the disappearance or absence. That's what vows are for, even in painful situations like this.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

"Heather turned to Kris, "You know the thing that stuck in my mind most, the fact you said you loved me too much to share me. That was the one thing you differed about and I am so thankful you did my love." - But she didn't love Kris enough not to share herself with Paul....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very good story. It does seem to me that she and Paul moved very quickly into an intimate relationship and marriage. She is not an bad or evil person, but her efforts and desire to have, in effect, two husbands does reflect poorly on her. She had a very difficult decision to make and it would have been better all around to have done so, one way or another, without trying so hard to make it a three-way "marriage." 5*****

Ridiculous69Ridiculous69about 2 months ago

Tough one to write. It sure where a situation like this would end up but it is clearly a no win situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@Harleyrider - could you please link to the story that you read? It sure as hell isn't this one.

steppinontoessteppinontoesabout 2 months ago

Kris should have just left and gotten on with his life. Heather by her own admission wasn’t trustworthy by living with Paul before a very short death certificate, and Paul knowing where the trip was going talked Kris into changing tours, finally even the idea that Heather had of the two men sharing her shows she is just thinking of herself. Another question, how did Heather really feel about Kris before the capture

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 months ago

That was a bit different from most, though i am kinda surprised they had/finished the threesome thing. The girl sure wanted to hold onto that cake wile eating it too, but, in this situation i suppose it was understandable but in no way acceptable.

Someone comes back from something like that, what's the likelihood the marriage would last? I mean, no way the guys is going to be the same man after that sort of experience.

Oh! Many, places when they have someone declared dead there is a bond i think it's called a life bond sort of covers whatever assets would be owed the "dead" if they returned sort of a reverse life insurance i guess.

i have seen that as part of a story though

ibuguseribuguserabout 2 months ago

Was a well done story but the end turned a bit blah.

5* nonetheless.

opheliusopheliusabout 2 months ago

Unusual story. Can’t believe that any man, especially someone in Kris’ situation, would accept a shared wife unless he had other issues or maybe a fetish of some kind.

OOAAOOAAabout 2 months ago

Great story! Well done! 5 stars from here ;)

usaretusaretabout 2 months ago

Only average rating. Sorry but the quick turn around by her deciding on Kris and the farewell to Paul was much to abrupt and lacked emotion.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Anon a true and best,

Please be aware, you are an idiot. The vows are, till death do us part. He was thought to be dead.

Now if you had said a friend wouldn't marry her till they had proof of death, you might have had a point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yes, it was quite clear how much Kris loved her. Unfortunately, you never convinced me that she had the same love for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Paul will get married again sooner or later. I wonder what will happen if his future wife suddenly turns out to be amorous and ready to experiment in bed, and after hearing the story of his failed marriage and Heather's attempt to settle the situation by achieving the status quo with a threesome, she will also want to experience this by inviting Chris. Will Paul be as accommodating in his willingness to share his new wife with the same ease with which he convinced himself by shared Heather?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Oh dear. Both muskybore and nixxdog found it necessary to comment continuing their delusion that their minuscule thoughts matter. You two should leave the comments to readers with an IQ above 50.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@Someoneother... Please go learn to write instead of wasting your time commenting on stories you couldn't hope to emulate.

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 1 month ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a story that makes a reader think of life possibilities. Keep writing these great stories.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

This was a good story and a good concept that was actually marred by the "literotica" aspect of it, namely the threesome. It was a mis-step in the story and soured the readers on Heather. I mean, her "let's all date and see how it ends up" scenario is brutally self centered to start with, but that was just the icing on the shit-cake. In fact, I think having Heather "decide" at all was a poor choice for the story. If it was me, I would have continued with the dating plot, but then had Kris not be able to carry on. He could tell Heather something like, "Just the thought of being able to come back to you was the only thing that kept me alive for all those years, but now to be so close and not have you... I wish I had died instead." and then have him bugger off. Heather goes back to Paul and the story continues from Kris POV - until one day, a freshly divorced Heather appears on the scene. Same ending more or less, less shitty, feels like both Kris and Heather had some agency in a way that validates them as human beings. Paul still gets the shaft unfortunately, but there's no way for the third wheel not to in this kind of story.

<>

I don't know why, but for some reason your stories are very hit or miss to me. I think this one was a miss, not a giant one, but a miss all the same. I wanted to like Heather more, but it was hard to do so because of how transparently selfish she was. She was in a situation where it would have been kinder for her to make a choice, any choice, than to drag those two guys through competing for her affection. A decent person frankly, wouldn't have done that... which makes me wonder why would anyone compete in the first place?

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

very interesting ty for the read

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 month ago

Right decision.

I don't think "me and Heather are married" a correct sentence in the english speaking world.

This structure occurs over and over ... distracting from an excellent Author's stories.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 month ago

Sorry but just 4 because of the three way, dosn't seem right.

26thNC26thNC19 days ago

Well that one came to a decent end. I’m glad she chose Kris. The throuple thing would never have worked out. Very good story.

BigDee44BigDee4413 days ago

“ You know the thing that stuck in my mind most, the fact you said you loved me too much to share me.” Another place, another time, even with the same people, and the opposite line would work. We humans are goofy people.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

A great story and I loved how you landed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersatindesires@satindesires
I like the loving wives category but it can be difficult to come up with something different and the comments can be ruthless. I try to explore alternate realities or situations with angst. The stories are fantasy and nowhere near realism, most are a bit tongue in cheek, pleas...