The House in the Woods

Story Info
Joe has some unusual experiences on Christmas Eve.
5k words
4.59
14.5k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joe trudged through the snow, shivering and dizzy. The moonless night made it even harder to make his way. His head hurt from where he had hit it on the steering wheel, and he was afraid that the pain in his right leg was more than bad bruising. To top it off, it felt like his left shoe had a hole in it, allowing the wet snow to seep in.

He was on a back road, not at all sure of where he actually was. All he knew was that in his rage, he had grabbed his keys and stormed out of the house with no wallet, no cell phone, nothing but a red fury in his brain. He had left a distraught Rob behind.

Joe didn't remember much of what had happened after he left. Winding roads, little light, sudden patches of ice, some close calls. The last clear memory was the terror of feeling the car beginning to spin and slide off the road. The back of the car had struck something, maybe a tree or a large boulder, that stopped the nauseating rotation.

Once the car stopped, Joe sat there, breathing hard and holding his aching head. It was obvious that the car would not be drivable, so the only thing to do was get out and walk. Realizing that he was lost, Joe had no plan but to just keep moving.

Having only a light jacket on, Joe was soon shivering and lightheaded. That was when he realized he had no phone, so he was on his own. Then he realized that he had no wallet, so when someone found his dead body in the snow, that wouldn't even know who he was.

Only weakness kept the tears at bay. His rage had cooled, and now all he knew was that he was likely to meet his end alone.

The cracking of a tree branch caused him to look up from the ground. The almost complete darkness made the tiny point of light ahead of him more apparent. Joe shook his head, convinced that he was seeing things, that the light was a cheat, leading him on with a false hope. He stared at it, expecting it to fade away like the mirage it must be, but the light was steady, even seeming to increase a little.

Joe staggered on toward the light. In the darkness, it became a beacon, leading him on to . . . whatever it might be. Anything was better than this despairing trek.

At last, Joe was close enough to the light to see that it was from the windows of a small house in a clearing of the woods. He stumbled on through the snow, finally reaching the door. He gathered his remaining strength and pounded on the door.

The door was opened, and just before he blacked out, Joe saw a tall man silhouetted in firelight. He felt strong hands take hold of him and pull him inside. Then he knew nothing more.

~~~~~~~~~~

When Joe opened his eyes, he found he was lying in bed, covered with a soft quilt, his head on fluffy pillows. He reached up and felt the bandage on his forehead, reached down and felt the splint on his leg. The room was lit by a cheery fire that warmed the heart as much as the body. Joe then realized that he was naked under the quilt, but he was too comfortable to worry about that.

He stared at the ceiling, trying to get his mind to work. So many loose bits of information ran around his brain and refused to come together as coherent memories. Joe felt that he should have been scared, but he was strangely calm.

He heard footsteps approaching and turned to look at the door.

Through the door entered a big man. Tall, strong, muscular, with a full beard and bright eyes, and a smile that immediately made Joe feel like an old friend. The man bore a tray with a plate of toast, a jar of jam, and mugs of fragrant coffee. He was dressed in boots, jeans, and a flannel shirt, with enough buttons undone to show the furry chest beneath.

How old was he? Joe never could decide. The hair and beard were more gray than anything else, almost white with traces of the darker hair of youth. But his body was that of a man with the strength of a young athlete in his prime. And the man's eyes were perplexing. They sparkled with the gleam of a mischievous young boy, but they also had the warm depth of maturity. And there was a hint of sadness there, as of one who has seen things that made him sympathetic to those in pain or despair.

"I'm glad to see you awake, Joe. Your head and leg will be fine. You have no broken bones, no serious injuries, just some scrapes and bruises. You'll have a knot on your forehead for a while."

Joe was surprised but not fearful. "How do you know my name?" he asked.

The man just gave him an enigmatic smile. "I just know . . . I'm Kris, and welcome to my house. You're welcome to stay here as long as you need. Now you need something light to eat."

Kris served Joe some golden-brown toast with delicious jam, obviously homemade. The coffee was just right and warmed Joe's insides while the flickering fire warmed his body.

Feeling comfortable and relaxed, Joe didn't question his host. He closed his eyes and tried to reconstruct the events that had brought him to this house.

"I'm sure you have a lot on your mind, Joe," said Kris. "Tell me about Rob."

Now Joe was shocked and rather worried. Who was this man who seemed to know too much?

"Don't worry, Joe. You talked a lot in your delirium after I brought you inside the house," explained Kris. "You said to 'tell Rob that I'm sorry' over and over. I suppose he's someone special?"

Joe's eyes grew dark, and his breathing became labored. Tears began running down his cheeks.

Kris softly said, "Forget it for now, Joe. You need sleep now."

To Joe's surprise, Kris sat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around Joe and held him tightly. Joe was overwhelmed by the sobs that now wracked his body. Kris held him until the weeping subsided and Joe was nearly asleep.

Kris gently laid Joe back against the pillows and pulled up the quilt. Then he leaned over and kissed Joe's forehead.

"Sleep now, my friend. I expect you'll find that this house is a healing place. Don't be surprised! Most of my guests have some unusual experiences here."

The words barely registered in Joe's mind as he fell into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

When the morning light crept through the window, Joe awoke, feeling strangely refreshed and alive. He leapt from the bed and realized he was now clad in soft pajamas. Ready to explore, Joe went to the bedroom door and opened it.

He stood frozen in amazement.

Before him was the quadrangle of his old college. The leaves on the trees were green and there was a springtime warmth in the air. There was also a sense of having been in this place and time before.

Some students crossed his path and Joe called out to them, "Hey! What's today's date?" The students walked on as if they hadn't heard him.

Joe walked across the quadrangle and recognized the Student Union building ahead. And there, sitting on a bench nearby, he saw himself, a much younger Joe.

Young Joe was obviously agitated. He looked around nervously, then stood up to talk to an approaching young man.

"Hi, Sam," said Young Joe. "I wasn't sure if you were going to actually meet me today. Are we still on?"

"For sure," said Sam, looking Young Joe up and down approvingly. Both young men were sporting obvious hardons in their jeans. "Let's go. We can play at my apartment. It's just a short walk."

Joe followed Sam and Young Joe as they walked down the sidewalk. Sam reached over and gave Young Joe's firm butt a squeeze. "Nice!" he said. "I can't wait to bury my dick in your ass."

Young Joe nodded and began to walk faster, apparently eager to have Sam's cock in his butt.

Following the two young men, Joe reached Sam's apartment building. The young men went in and the door closed and locked behind them. Not knowing what to do but wanting to follow, Joe reached for the door and found that his hand went through the glass. Shocked, but desperate to follow himself in, Joe tentatively took a step forward and found himself simply walking through the glass door.

"Holy shit!" Joe exclaimed. "Am I dead?"

Hearing the sound of Sam's voice ahead, Joe followed and found the apartment door closed. After a brief hesitation, he took a chance and walked through the closed door.

Young Joe and Sam were furiously kissing while they shed their clothes. Soon, the two naked men fell onto the bed, their limbs entwined. Sam kissed his way down Young Joe's writhing body and engulfed his cock to the base. Young Joe's cock was hard as steel and dripping sweet precum. Sam ravished his lover's body, licking and sucking all over, kissing and caressing.

Sam moved his body so they could sixty-nine and enjoy each other's cocks. The only sounds were slurping and sucking sounds, accompanied by moans and groans.

Watching his younger self having passionate sex, Joe realized that his own cock was hard and aching. But, although the sexual heat was building, Joe wanted to call out to Young Joe to stop and walk away. He knew the ultimate outcome of this joining with Sam.

Sam and Young Joe were caught up in the moment, and Sam moved so he could eat Young Joe's ass, preparing him for the invasion of his cock. Spurred on by the moans and cries beneath him, Sam repeatedly plunged his tongue into Young Joe's ass. Then he began to loosen the hole to accept his cock.

Finally, Young Joe lay on his back, legs up on Sam's shoulders, as Sam moved forward and began to slip his cock into the virgin ass. He held still when Young Joe cried out in pain. "Joe, just breathe and push out. It'll make it easier for you."

Following Sam's instructions, Young Joe began to relax and accept the penetration. Slowly, Sam moved forward until his cock was buried to the root. Then he began to move, small in and out motions that increased in depth and intensity with each thrust.

Soon, both men were moving in unison, mounting closer and closer to their orgasms. Sweat was dripping from their faces, and the moans that accompanied the movement of their bodies were the sensuous music of passionate sex.

Suddenly, Sam cried out and thrust forward and held himself in Young Joe's ass as deeply as he could. His cock pulsed as he shot his load of semen deep into his lover's gut. That was enough for Young Joe. His cock erupted as he shouted, spraying his cum wildly over both of their bodies.

Eventually, both men calmed down and collapsed on the bed, their limbs entwined and their breathing slowing as they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Watching this scene was simultaneously arousing and terrifying to Joe. His cock ached with an arousal that he realized he could do nothing about. And his heart broke for his younger self, knowing the pain and heartache that lay ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Joe turned and left the apartment and found himself suddenly walking by a lake. In front of him, he saw Young Joe sitting on a boulder with his head buried in his hands, weeping uncontrollably.

Joe knew what had happened. He looked down the shore of the lake and saw the receding figure of Sam.

Sam had just told Young Joe that they were through, that he was bored with their three year relationship, and that he had met someone new. Young Joe was devastated, even though in his heart, he had seen this coming.

He had realized that while giving his body to Sam, he had also given his heart. But Sam couldn't bring himself to open his soul and be vulnerable. The relationship had become progressively one-sided. Sam became more hardened, and Young Joe became more broken and hurt.

Wanting to somehow encourage his young self, even though he was sure that he couldn't be heard, Joe said in comforting tones, "Hang in there, Joe. There is someone for you, someone who deserves your love and trust, someone who will commit and be there for you."

Strangely, Young Joe began to calm down. Just then, another young man approached and asked, "Are you okay? I couldn't help but see you, and hear you. I saw what that bastard did to you. I heard what he said. I just wanted to make sure you're all right."

Wiping his eyes and clearing his throat, Young Joe said, "Thanks. I . . . I'll be okay. Thanks for being concerned." He stood up to leave but lost his balance and fell against the stranger, who wrapped his arms around Joe and held him up. They both sat down on the boulder.

"It's okay, buddy. Just relax and take your time. You'll be all right. I'm here for you."

Young Joe began to calm down. The man's arms felt so good around him. He buried his face in the stranger's chest, drawing an inexplicable strength and peace. His breathing slowed, and finally, he was able to look up into the man's face. He saw eyes full of caring and concern. And there was something else, something he might even dare to call a nascent love.

"Thanks for caring, and thanks for helping me out here. I'm Joe."

The man smiled at him with gleaming eyes. "My name is Rob."

~~~~~~~~~~

Joe suddenly sat up and found himself in bed. The now familiar room in Kris' house surrounded him. He was breathing hard and sweating, trembling from what he had witnessed. His cock was still hard and desperate for release.

He got up and walked to the door, shedding his pajamas as he went. His plan was to find a bathroom and jack off, but when he opened the door, he found himself in his own bedroom, in the house he shared with his husband, Rob.

He saw himself lying on the bed, naked and erect, waiting for Rob to come and make love to him. Joe moved to the side of the bed, understanding that he was invisible to himself. The door opened again, and Rob walked in, wearing only a jockstrap, which did nothing to hide his erection.

"Hello, babe. It's so good to be home with you," said Rob. "I was so hard all day long. I had to keep shifting in my seat at the conference table. I think Paul caught on to what was going on. He seemed pretty restless himself, so I guess he couldn't wait to get home to his wife."

Rob crossed to the bed and leaned in for a kiss, at first a gentle "I'm glad I'm home" kiss, that quickly deepened into a passionate kiss as the men's tongues dueled and danced. Rob pushed Joe back onto the pillows and kissed his way down Joe's body until he reached Joe's cock, dripping and painfully erect. He licked up and down Joe's shaft, then lowered his head and laved Joe's full balls. Joe lay back and moaned. His need for his husband was powerful and strengthening.

Joe held Rob's head gently as Rob engulfed Joe's cock. Rob sucked and stroked until Joe could take no more. He cried out, "I love you, Rob!" and exploded with his orgasm. Ropes of semen shot out of his cock into Rob's hungry mouth. Rob grunted his approval and held the warm load in his mouth. Then he slid up Joe's body and kissed him, sharing the semen. They passed it back and forth a few times before they swallowed it.

"Rob, I want . . . no, I need you in me. Please, Rob! Fuck me and fill me!"

Rob took Joe at his word and lifted Joe's legs to his shoulders. He then moved forward and touched the tip of his erection to Joe's ass hole, which twitched with anticipation. Rob slid his cock into Joe's waiting hole and moved slowly but surely into the waiting body of his husband.

Joe panted and groaned as Rob's cock rubbed against his prostate. He felt the beginnings of his next orgasm pulse through his body. Rob leaned forward and kissed Joe. "I love you so much, Joe. I need you so much!"

Rob then moved faster and deeper, pushing both men up the mountain to an explosion of passion. Both of them were moaning and groaning, the sounds of their mounting passion filling the room. Rob slammed his cock into Joe's willing ass again and again, the sound of his hips slapping against Joe's ass providing the rhythmic drive that propelled them to their orgasms.

Joe shouted loudly and spewed cum onto their chests, letting his cock spray his load wildly. That was enough to push Rob over the edge. With a roar, he slammed into Joe one last time and held himself there as his cock poured his love offering of semen into his husband.

Rob collapsed onto Joe, who wrapped his arms tightly around his body and just held him there. The two men were drawing strength and love from each other. They lay there peacefully as Rob's cock softened and slipped out of Joe. Joe clenched his ass to keep his lover's cum inside his body.

Rob rolled off Joe and lay at his side, one arm thrown over and their legs intertwined. The afterglow of making love and the warmth of their bodies lulled them to sleep.

Invisible Joe looked at the couple on the bed with tears in his eyes. He knew what was about to happen and tried to will it away. But with an aching heart, he heard the phone ring.

A drowsy Rob reached for his cellphone and mumbled an indistinct "hello." He listened for a moment, then sat bolt upright in bed. "Are you sure?" Silent waiting, then, "How much longer?" Another moment of silent waiting, then he said, "I'll get there as soon as I can!"

"Rob? What's going on?" asked Joe.

Rob looked at him with an unreadable expression, then he said, "Dad's dying. I've got to go to him."

Joe was stunned to speechlessness. Then he stammered, "When? . . . Why?"

"I know this is hard on you, Joe, but I have to go. He probably won't last more than a few days, maybe not even through the night."

Joe felt the emotions beginning to burn in him. He clenched his fists and jaw, then he exploded.

"Rob! I can't believe you're doing this! That horrible old man! He threw you out and disowned you! He first and last words to me were 'Get out of my sight, faggot!' You haven't seen him since before we were married, and you swore that you would have nothing to do with him again!"

Joe jumped up and started pacing around the room. Rob sat on the bed with his head hung low, silent.

"Tomorrow is Christmas, Rob. So you're going to abandon me to see a man who hates both of us, who tried to stop us from getting married, who cut you off, who treated me like dirt under his feet! . . . And I thought you really loved me!"

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Joe regretted them. He saw Rob fall back on the bed as if he had been shot. He wanted to take the vicious words back, but his rage, and his pride, kept urging him to twist the knife a little.

"Rob, if you love me, you'll forget that call and stay with me!"

With a look of profoundest love and sorrow on his face, Rob looked at Joe and said, "Joe, I love you with all my heart. You know that. . . But I still have to go."

Silence.

Then, in a white rage that choked off his words, Joe silently pulled on some clothes, grabbed his keys, and left the house. He got into his car and drove aimlessly, not caring where he went of if he ever came back, or even if he lived another day.

Invisible Joe stood next to a weeping and distraught Rob, longing to somehow comfort him, to tell him that Joe didn't mean his harsh words, that Joe's heart was his, that he would come to his senses and come home and make things right with Rob.

He had to watch as Rob silently, with streaming eyes, dressed warmly, gathered a few necessities, and left the house, locking the door on what he now assumed was his past. He was sure that his fifteen year marriage to Joe had just crumbled to dust.

Invisible Joe watched Rob drive away, then with a sigh he walked down the driveway. As he turned onto the street, he was no longer in his neighborhood. He was on a winding country road. The snow lay thick on the ground and the trees, and there were icy patches on the road.

Just then, he saw himself come careening around a curve in the road, going much too fast for the road conditions. He stepped onto the road to try to warn himself to slow down. At the last moment, the car slid off the road and spun round, stopping when the back of the car hit a tree.

~~~~~~~~~~

With a loud cry of despair, Joe awoke and sat up. He was still in bed in Kris' house. The nightmare was too real . . . if it was a nightmare. He was sweating and trembling.

12