The House Sitter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AnnasFriend
AnnasFriend
1,717 Followers

"Well... that's just not on! It doesn't look wild. Perhaps some of the locals walking their dogs have been taking liberties and cutting through the garden, knowing the house is empty. I'll go and have a word with whoever it is right now, shall I?"

He looked at me anxiously, his commission suddenly not seeming quite so secure.

"No," I said. "Don't worry. I'll deal with it." I was remembering the emoji under the hyperlink that had taken me to the estate agent's web site. The small black paw print.

"Well, if you're sure..."

"I'm sure," I said. I turned and looked at him. "If you don't mind, could I meet you back at your office in a little while? I'd just like to... walk around a little."

"Of course," he said. "I quite understand." He didn't, but I didn't say anything. I just followed him out and watched as he locked up the house. Then we shook hands and he drove off.

I waited until his car was out of sight. I was remembering the emails that had followed that first one. Nervous at first, on both sides. Then hopeful. And then, finally, full of anticipation and joy.

I looked around the apparently empty landscape. There was a gentle breeze rippling the surface of the lake. I whistled. A few seconds later a black bullet emerged from some bushes and hurtled back across the garden towards me. I bent down and fussed over her. I don't know which of us was more pleased.

Then I scratched her ears and straightened up.

"Come on Polly," I said. "Let's go find her."

AnnasFriend
AnnasFriend
1,717 Followers