The Houseguest

Story Info
Angry wife & husband overhears a plot to ruin his marriage.
6.9k words
3.7
71.4k
62
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kenny8560
kenny8560
159 Followers

I walked in the door at 5:30pm and I heard my wife Devon out in the kitchen. It was unusual but a welcome surprise because she rarely gets in before 6pm. I heard her humming quietly as I came in behind pulling her toward me and planting several soft kisses on her neck. Pulling away from me she spins around with an angry look "Alec leave me alone. Can't you see I'm trying to cook? Get upstairs and clean up we have guests for dinner!"

I couldn't believe my ears. My wife gets home early for the first time in two years and she invites guests without even telling me and doesn't want me to show her any affection what so ever?

"Devon, what the hell is going on?" I ask genuinely curious to her behavior that is extremely out of character. "You get home early invite guests and don't even consult me or at the very least give me a heads up? Then you rebuff my attentions and snap at me to boot?"

"I got home early so I could cook. I don't need to ask permission to have dinner guests in MY home." her attitude and demeanor not changing the slightest bit.

"Permission no, showing your husband some courtesy, yes. I might add that this is OUR home and I have some rights regarding having guests as well. Perhaps I'm having a really shitty day and just want some peace and quiet."

"Thank God I have a loving and understanding wife who respects me and cares about how I feel! Hell I don't need to know who you plan on having grace our doorstep tonight for that would be too much to ask of such an empathetic and caring wife!" I said with the sarcasm dripping from every word as I left heading upstairs to the shower.

I'm Alec Dwyer 36 and my wife Devon 35. I'm an independent marketing consultant and I help design and implement marketing strategies for local businesses small and large. Devon is an attorney with Starke Evans and Doan a local legal firm that specializes in contract law and does have a small criminal and civil law division.

She practices contract law. Professionally we work with some of the same clientele for different reasons and rarely have occasion to meet or interact during working hours unless we happen to be visiting the same offices which has happened once or twice.

While I'm soaking in the relaxing jets of water the shower isn't the only thing that's steaming. 'What is her problem?' thinking to myself as the hot water cascades down my body. "I was just showing her some affection and love and she is all over me.' I'm not aware of any problems between us lately and this is the first time she has acted so... cold and distant?

Stepping out of the shower I grab a towel and start drying. I hear voices coming from the living room and I assume our dinner guests are here. I'm hoping the group doesn't include Bethany. Bethany Mahan is a paralegal at Devon's firm. Together we are like oil and water but Devon insists on trying again and again to get us to gel socially. If Bethany is here it's going to be a long tense evening.

Walking down the stairs I hear Bethany's voice which to me is akin to fingernails on a chalkboard. I hear her speaking with a male so I stop at the top of the stairs to listen a bit to see what I can find out about tonight's mystery guest.

I heard Bethany saying, "Don't worry Lorenzo, Devon will work things out and you'll be living here by the end of the evening. I know she is anxious to have you move in besides she needs a break from that jerk of a husband." The bitch is on a roll now adding, "I've been working on her to see what I see in him, a loser and she's ready to get you in the house from there the rest is up to you!"

Now I hear this guy Lorenzo saying, "Don't worry Bethany, I've been ramping the flirting up every day once I move in it's just a matter of time until I replace her numb nuts husband in her bed and in her heart." I can just imagine the smug expression on his face as he continues saying, "Man when you go after someone you go all in I never want to ever get on your bad side! Why do you have it in for Devon's husband anyway?"

"I just don't like him and he doesn't like me and most importantly, he doesn't deserve a woman like Devon. I'll never know what she ever saw in that loser! That's where you come into the picture. The quicker you seduce her the quicker I'm rid of Alec and the better off Devon is. Then I'll work my magic and have her in my bed in no time flat. So enjoy while you have the chance."

I'm gob smacked as I turn and head back to the bedroom. I need to think and regroup and more importantly try to devise a plan to stop this before it goes too far. Sitting on the bed with my head in my hands I'm thinking, 'How could Devon fall for this shit? She's an intelligent woman a lawyer for fucks sake! I've been nothing but loving and supportive of her and her career. Other than the normal squabbles married couples have from time to time no real problems so why?'

'Now she plans on moving this fuckwad into our home while he slithers serpentine intent on seducing my wife and destroying my marriage. The question is how far gone is Devon? Perhaps it's already too late and I've already lost her. That would explain her hostility toward me. Just how long has that bitch Bethany been working on my wife? The even bigger question is why? It must be more than just mutual dislike?'

I know the stories where the husband wants to be cuckolded and enjoys watching his wife with another man or sharing her. That is most certainly no turn on for me. I take commitment and my wedding vows seriously. So there is no way I'm allowing this piker to usurp my place in Devon's bed or her heart even if my marriage is over. Most assuredly, that bitch will never touch her!

I'm incredibly hurt that she takes the word of that man hating bitch Bethany without even trying to discuss whatever she perceives I did with me to try and work things out. Until now we always had great respect for each other and we talked about everything concerning ourselves and our marriage. I feel betrayed as if I've already been cheated on. I thought we had a true deep connection and a stronger marriage than this.

Lost in thought I didn't see Devon enter the room or know how long she was standing there glaring at me with her eyes throwing daggers. "Alec, why are you just sitting here? Our guests have arrived and it would be nice of you to get off your ass and entertain them while I finish cooking." She was definitely making her displeasure with me known.

"Sorry Dev!" my pet name for her, "I'm on my way. Who is it I'm entertaining?"

"If you must know it's Bethany and a new co-worker his name is Lorenzo he just got out of law school and is clerking until he passes the bar and don't call me Dev!!" was her terse reply before abruptly leaving the room.

Starting down the stairs I wasn't looking forward to the next several hours especially knowing what the real agenda is for the evening. "Hello Bethany who's your friend?"

"Hello Alec, I'd like you to meet Lorenzo Caruso, he works with me in the office."

"Hello Lorenzo, nice to meet you." I said without much conviction.

"Alec is it? You're a lucky guy Dev is a beautiful woman." Dev, really?

The smug satisfied look on his face tells me how little regard he has for me and my marriage. "Drinks anyone?"

Bethany spoke up, "Yes, you know my usual and Lorenzo will have the same." Her usual is a white wine.

I enter the kitchen to give Devon her drink when she sees it's me she says "Sit it down on the counter!" snapping at me.

"Devon, what is your problem with me? I'm trying to be civil but you've done nothing but jump down my throat, what gives?"

"It's just a big case at work. I'm stressing out so you could give me some space."

"If you're stressing so fucking bad then why did you invite those two for dinner?" The angst evident in my voice as I finally have had enough of being the doormat, "You treat me like shit, barely speak to me and when you do its filled with vitriol and then to top things off you invite an audience for this little drama as it unfolds."

As I'm speaking she turns refusing to even look me in the eye making me angry enough to spit fire. "I know more about this little "passion" play than you might suspect, however if you want to play games okay I'll play. You want some space? Fine, you've got it! Oh by the way you're not moving your boyfriend in to this house unless you're ready to end our marriage right now DEV!"

Before she could reply I left the kitchen went into the living room. I took the drinks from Bethany and Lorenzo's hands. "Dinner is cancelled now get out!"

There was a look of utter shock on their faces and before Bethany could say a word I said, "Door's that way." Lorenzo made a move for the kitchen so I took his arm twisting it behind him and I turkey walked him to the foyer and after opening the door I gave him a rather hard shove outside. Spinning around I see Bethany ready to slap me and I quickly grab her arm.

I get in her face saying, "Bethany, I never want to see you ever again! If Devon sees you it will be due to the fact that our marriage is over and I'll have you to blame and believe me you and lover boy there are going to pay! Now get out of here!" She was spouting something as I shut the door in her face then locking it.

Returning to the kitchen I found Devon sitting at the table crying. She was looking down still refusing eye contact with me. "Devon, before I give you the space you so desperately desire I have a few things I need to say and you better listen."

"First, dinner is off and the two home wreckers you brought into what was our home have left by my invitation. Tomorrow when this is your home you can do what you wish as far as dinner companions and houseguests are concerned."

"I overheard your bitch of a friend Bethany and that ass hat Lorenzo plotting to insert him into my home and my marriage with the goal of forcing me to accept it or leave. Well I choose the latter."

The soft crying morphed into loud uncontrollable sobs. Normally it would bother me tonight however I just keep say my piece, "You have hurt me deeply by your attitude and your actions this evening by refusing to speak to me civilly and by not discussing what is bothering you about me. You allow strangers to dictate the status of our marriage and then you are complacent in a conspiracy to cuckold me!"

"I see now how little I or our relationship mean to you so I'm going to tell you what I'm planning to do which is more consideration than you've shown me this evening. I'm going upstairs packing my things and I'm leaving so you'll have all the space your heart desires."

"Noooooo!" Devon uttering between sobs.

"I'm giving you one week in which to reflect upon the events of the evening and by next Friday I want your decision on our marriage. I want you to answer these questions: Did you know what their endgame was? Did you plan to cuckold me? Why should we stay together?"

"If our marriage is a sham then why not ask me for a divorce instead of this silly game? What do you think I have done to make you behave this way? What did she tell you to create this situation? Do you know her ultimate plan is to seduce you and get you into her bed? Don't I deserve consideration and respect after five years of marriage? Did you ever love me?"

"This week I will be seeing my attorney and getting divorce papers ready to serve the following Monday and although I'm not sure anything you say will convince me not to go through with it, you are welcome to try or not."

I went to the table lifting her head and forcing her to look at me. "You know what hurt the worst? When you told me not to call you Dev when I know you've let Lorenzo do it and whether you've had sex or not that tells me you are already intimate with him. Goodbye Devon!"

Leaving the kitchen I go to our bedroom packing my clothes and personal items into two suitcases. Using my phone I make reservations at the Residence Inn. Grabbing my bags I go downstairs and see Devon lying on the floor in front of the door to the garage. I open the door and step over her. Opening the trunk I put my bags inside close the lid and get into the car. I start the engine open the garage door. Backing my car out and down the drive into the street I pull away.

As I'm driving to the hotel I feel a hurt and a great deal of rage at my wife. I feel white hot hatred toward Bethany and that asshat Lorenzo. If either or both of them were here right now I'm not sure I could control myself enough to keep from beating them both to death.

As I approach the desk to check in a lovely young woman greets me. She looks to be 18. Her hair is shoulder length and sandy blonde with highlights that are a shade darker and looks good on her. Ironically the name tag on her ample bosom tells me her name is Sandy. Her eyes, a beautiful shade of china blue, reveal innocence that show she has yet to see some of the harsh realities that exist in the cruel hard world. Before handing me my key she says, "Excuse me Mr. Dwyer are you feeling well? You look very pale?"

Appreciating her concern I reply, "No just a really long day and I'm really tired. Nothing a good night's sleep won't cure. Thank you Sandy, have a good night!" I see her smiling sweetly as I grab my bags and make my way to the elevator.

Once in my room I take out the bottle of Jack that I packed. I grab the ice bucket and head down to the ice machine and fill it. I return to my room grabbing a plastic glass tearing the wrapper off and filling it with ice.

I pour a double admiring the amber color of Old No. 7 as it cascades down the frozen cubes of water as it picks up some of the frosty cold they contain. Slowly I put the glass containing the magic elixir to my waiting lips and take a large sip. I hold the whiskey in my mouth enjoying the burning sensation on my tongue.

As I'm swallowing I feel the same sensation continue down my throat and feel the warm glow as the liquid reaches my stomach. Yet the charcoal mellowed goodness does little to alleviate my anger, frustration or pain.

Logically I realize that as far as I know my wife hasn't actually cheated on me, physically, at least however the emotional affair that she appears to be carrying on with the asshat hurts as much if not more because it suggests a level of intimacy that a wife shouldn't have with a man outside of her marriage.

Coupling this with the fact that she took the word of others carte blanche without even asking for my side of things or even considering to tell me she thought something wrong between us is nothing less than betrayal of trust and an all out lack of respect for me. I finish the whiskeys in my glass so I refresh the ice and pour another.

I rarely drink liquor but tonight it seems appropriate. With nothing except Mr. John Daniels for company I realize that I have a great deal to think through and come to terms with. That is how I end up sitting in a hotel room by myself, apologies Mr. Jack, contemplating my marriage or just as likely its ending.

I had a restless night but found myself wide awake at 7:20am. Even though its Saturday morning I decide that sleeping in isn't an option and I head for the warm steaminess of the shower. I take advantage of the seemingly limitless hot water and step out after 20 minutes prune-skinned but feeing refreshed.

I dress casually and drop into the pancake house next door and have coffee and breakfast. Saturday is normally the day we go grocery shopping, run errands, and I cut the lawn and do my honey-do list while Dev does laundry and picks up the house. I decide to catch up on some paperwork so I head to the office. I stop in to our local coffee shop for a coffee to go and I see Devon and Bethany sitting there having a serious discussion.

I try to pay for my coffee before either of them notice me unfortunately I'm a bit too late as Bethany looks my way. She looks toward Devon saying, "Speak of the devil, there's the asshole now!" She is loud enough to attract the attention of everyone in the shop.

I feel the bile rising in my throat and I step toward them. "Hello you man hating home wrecking bitch. I thought I spied your broom parked outside. Devon, I hope you are not letting her continue to sway your decision making because if you are just tell me and I'll file the papers Monday and have you served by Wednesday."

"In fact, if there is any hope for our marriage then you better consider distancing yourself from Bethany permanently. Our marriage is on life support as it is and she is the grim reaper who will kill it completely. It's entirely up to you at this point so let me know. If not, I'll see you Friday. Oh, by the way, before you add anything useless, fuck you Bethany!" Enjoying the look of shock on their faces I spin around and leave.

After my encounter with Devon and Bethany I no longer feel like going into the office. So I pull out my phone and look for weekend activities in and around the community. I discover that there is a seafood festival going on in Grant Park with numerous area restaurants competing and serving up many varieties of seafood dishes for the price of a $50 admission fee.

I love seafood so I decide on heading over to the park and enjoy the fare. As I'm driving to the park I wonder if Devon is truly interested in saving our marriage or is she happy with the arrangements Bethany has made. I feel like a pawn and it makes me angry. It wouldn't hurt so much and be such a struggle if I didn't love my wife so deeply. One thing I know for certain is that any association with Bethany is a deal breaker.

Toward that end I plan on giving Grant Evans a call. He is one of the founding partners of Devon's firm and he is an old family friend. I think he will be interested in what two of his employees are doing on company time. Knowing Grant the way I do bitch and asshat will be living hat to hand tooth sweet.

As I pull into the parking area the aroma of fresh seafood being cooked to perfection fills the air. While I'm waiting to pay the admission fee I decide to stake out my house tomorrow for a few hours and see what Devon is up to. If asshat shows up or is already there then my marriage is over end of discussion. I that bitch shows up then it will be touch and go since I already made my wishes known regarding Bethany.

I found out that this event benefits veterans and the old gentleman selling passes is a Korean War veteran. As I collect my pass I thank him for his service and sacrifice before making my way toward all of the delicious smelling aromas that fill the air. I get a bowl of lobster bisque and a lobster roll and find myself a seat.

While I'm happily munching on my delicious meal I see asshat and Bethany walking past the tent I'm sitting under. I wonder if Devon is somewhere nearby. I quickly finish my bisque failing to enjoy it and take my lobster roll and get up to follow them. I spy them about fifty yards ahead getting some steamed clams.

Then out of nowhere I see Devon come around the corner. I watch as asshat tries to put his arm around her and lean in for a kiss. However, Devon pushes him away and begins speaking to him with agitation in her voice which is a good sign. Yet I can't help thinking she is there seeking counsel from Bethany which is not a good sign.

I follow them as inconspicuously as possible; hey I'm in marketing not covert surveillance after all. Asshat continues to work on Devon and she continues to rebuff his advances. While I surreptitiously watch the three of them enjoying the feast yet having all but forgotten about all of the wonderful aromas surrounding me, I'm thinking, 'Good for you babe!'

I continue to watch as they eat and talk among themselves for awhile. Then Devon excuses herself and gives Bethany a hug while ignoring asshat's request to do the same before she leaves. I stop by the Ragin' Cajun's booth for some shrimp étouffée to take back to the room with me for supper. I stopped at a store and picked up some bread and beer to wash down my dinner with.

kenny8560
kenny8560
159 Followers
12