The Human Bearer Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What possessed you to put yourself in such a situation?" Kanto asked in a low menacing tone.

Riordan's rebellious streak reared its head right away. "Dunno, man, ship getting attacked, seeing a bunch of guards gutted like fish, all kinds of things. I just had to jump into action."

"You!" Kanto hissed in a frustrated tone. "You are joking even under the circumstances!"

"I'd cry some, but I don't think I can," Riordan replied in all honesty. "I'm all dried up, I guess."

Kanto didn't comment on that. He was just watching him, his deep green eyes still full of questions. "You're a fool. Don't you care about the egg you're carrying?"

Riordan didn't back down. "Actually, it's because of that I couldn't sit idle. My best chance of survival, my egg's best chance of survival," he said in a fierce voice, "was to be smack in the middle of it all. And you know what, Master, lord, commander, whatever you want to be called? I think a little thank you would be nice."

Kanto stared at him as if he didn't know what to do with him. "I will have to inform your owner that you put yourself in danger's way."

"I will inform my owner that I put myself in danger's way," Riordan replied. "Xana will understand, unlike you."

"You're unusual." Kanto hovered, making him tilt his head back. "And you're a fool." That guy really liked to repeat himself.

"Xana's coming. That means that I'm going to be out of your hair. You know, no longer your problem." Riordan crossed his arms and stared as defiantly as he could at the commander.

"Yes, it appears so." The words lingered while Kanto set his hypnotic gaze on him.

Riordan felt a soft drum-like sound floating somewhere near. Was that Xana trying to get in touch with him?

Kanto suddenly turned his back on him and the drumming stopped. Had that been... the mighty high commander trying to -- what? -- read his mind?

"You know, you could say hello and goodbye," Riordan called after him. "It doesn't cost you anything and it's only polite." Not that he cared. He was just unnerved by Kanto's strange manners regarding him.

Kanto turned his head slightly, giving Riordan a quick look at his majestic profile. "Goodbye, Riordan."

The words had been spoken softly unlike Kanto's usually brusque manner when dealing with him. It took him some time to find his words, and when he did, all he could think of was to turn to his bot and ask, "What the fuck was that?"

"That was Master Kanto offering a truce," Kyle replied promptly.

"You think?"

"That's the logical explanation."

Of course. Creatures of logic, all of them. And look where they were now.

Fucking Xenos.

tbc

AN:

@geemeedee - it got solved :D - there'll be more moments like this in the future.

@cannd - Riordan always finds himself in the middle of all craziness... but yeah, his feelings are getting deeper.

12