All Comments on 'The Human Condition Ch. 09'

by jfinn

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

You basically broke my heart a little bit with this one. Thank god we already know they're happy together!!

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessabout 13 years ago

Make this into a movie.

I beg you.

SoullessCynnerSoullessCynnerover 12 years ago

I have to agree with Anon. Thank god we already know they're happy together!

Also, this is a kick-ass story. I love it. There goes that famously overused word--love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

First off, this is the best story I've ever read. No joke. I've read lots of good books but this is by far my favorite story. Ever! And second, ohmigod your name is Jayne :D?! That's my middle name! I've never seen anyone else with that spelling! Yay!

Continue to be awesome! I'll deffinately continue reading <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I forgot to add this in the comment; I live in Michigan so I can relate to the locations xD I'm constantly like "I was just there!" "I know where that is!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wish you were still writing here. Your stories are so good, and this is best one. I have read it many times but never commented on it until now. You have a gift that is being wasted if you've given up the craft. Love the plot, love the emotions, love the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

i'm not a big fan of mike having a 3 way when he supposedly loves another man_ i was especially horrified that you wrote it happening so soon after his rape and almost murder-

- it's starting to feel a little repetitive_ this unresolved thing between mike and joe seems to be going on forever

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I have read this story at least 5 times since I found this site. It never gets old. It certainly doesn't feel as if the Italy segment of their relationship was drug out b/c Joe had to make a monumental decision- pretend he didn't want anything with Mike and spend the rest of his life running from his love for him or give up and admit he had feelings for him that he'd been hiding from for 4 years. As for the 3-way, think of it in terms of therapy. Mike had been brutally raped, nearly murdered. Kevin was a mental health worker. How better to get Mike comfortable with sex again than with friends. And at that time, no matter what was going on with his feelings, he had no guarantee he'd ever get an HEA with Joe.

tac_naynwafflestac_naynwafflesover 10 years ago
what the fuck?

Why have I only found this story now?! Fucking hell!

I know it's already done... but that won't stop me from reading it again and again!

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Keeps getting better and better

I am loving this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wanna read more!

This story rocks... Why hadn't I found it earlier! I love that it really explores how Mike thinks and how he makes his decisions. Not a fan of the threeways and sex stuff... coz in the end the love discovered makes this story heartwelming.

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 7 years ago
Still loving it

Basically this is a great love story with some sex now & then. Though many if not most of us readers come to this site for stimulating hot sex stories, this one is simply fabulous on so many levels. The characters and their relationships seem very real. The emotion expressed is great - I've choked back lots of tears. As for the 3-way in this chapter, I loved it too and agree with the poster that felt it showed the care and concern of Kevin & Saul. You, jfinn, are a talented writer and I'm sorry you haven't continued to post here. But thanks for what you have. Now on to the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF? The idea that a forced three way only months after such a brutal sexual torture should be excused as therapy is absolute horse shit!! These were friends who sprung this on him and nearly sent him into a massive panic attack. If Kevin is a rape therapist, he must suck at that job! If an introduction to sex was to be part of Mike’s official therapy then his therapist Alice or a specialist would have orchestrated it formally. It would have been planned and carefully executed with Mike’s awareness and permission. It would not have included a guy he’d already had an unfaithful fuck history with and his porn-addicted whorish boyfriend. Kevin and Saul ran a huge dangerous (potentially abusive) risk if spinning Mike out of control by tricking/ambushing him into sex, in effect potentially molesting him again. It’s like the plan is to get readers to hate every character in this story by the end.

And this doesn’t even begin to deal with the lack of wisdom of persuading Mike’s broken heart over his suspended love with Joe. In the same way Mike wanted to wait for a resolution with Joe before bottoming; fucking, blowjobs, and kissing should have waited too. No difference in the logic of waiting on one and not the other.

And Joe’s conflict and asshole behavior is getting very tiresome and repetitive. He knows he’s loved Mike for a long time. Plus he had his dream life with Betsy and it was clear about him not be able to be in love with her. So what’s left of the choice to make? It most definitely is dragging out at this point. And making Joe very unlikable as well.

Idunno02Idunno02over 1 year ago

Ahhh the token 3-way scene in a love story - that excludes one of the liver no less. Makes me lose so much respect for these characters.

DickbrokemyheartDickbrokemyheartover 1 year ago

Hmmmmm.... some strange choices in this chapter, but hanging in there!-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous