All Comments on 'The Human Condition Ch. 08'

by jfinn

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
LindystarLindystarover 16 years ago
I, for one, approve

Hmmm, sounds like someone flamed you...but, I, for one, approve of how you handled the counseling and such. I didn't get the impression that any part of your character's experience was trivialized or glossed over- for the depth you generally put into other descriptions I feel this part of the fic was just as well represented, and the actions of both Kevin and Alice seemed sincere and helpful in addressing the issues at hand.

YwashereYwashereover 15 years ago
It made me cry

and I thought it was beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
hmmmm.

I didn't think anything was trivialized, either. If anything, I think everything in this story is handled quite exceptionally. It's certainly one of the best stories I've read on Literotica, and I've read LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of them throughout the genres.

And I'm a sensitive chick, so I'd usually be the FIRST complainer.

34Will34Willabout 14 years ago
The human condition... it most certainly is of all aspects

Well iv read this 3 times now, iv read hundreds of Lit stories and still find that this one likes to creep into mind. It has every emotional feeling in it as possible, hence your naming it so. I love every aspect of your story, and on a great note, it is actually very believable and possible. Its sexy, romantic, sad, fearfull (the rape scene is dealt with perfectly, scary enough to be emotional but not distastful or sickening)... some scenes could be tear jerkers for those a little more sensitive.

Overall i would like to leave you with my applause, congrats and good luck in your future with writing!

hazelbehazelbeabout 14 years ago
Agreed

I have barreled through this series at an alarming rate! It is sensational, I agree with the previous person who left a comment whole-heartedly. Your ability to juggle the story and manipulate the readers emotions are wonderful. Overall I find myself very moved. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER. I was going to wait til the end of the entire thing before I wrote you the imminent love letter for creating this amazing story, but here and now, I gotta tell you, this has wrenched my heart, made me cry, really got me going.

I ADORED the way you ordered the events, with the future then the past, the assurance that things will turn out right but then panning out on everything they had to do to get there.

And I'm getting there ;) This story is amazing and gorgeous and I can't tell you enough.

~Mozzarella

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessabout 13 years ago

When Betsy said that she and Mike could pass for brother and sister my mouth fell so wide open I swore you could've fit a whale in it. I mean, Joe clung to her because that's the closest he could get to Mike. And Joe used to call Mike just before he and Betsy had sex? WOW. This story just gets better and better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
trivialized?

Not really; I think.

But I would guess (not knowing any myself) highly dramatized.

But really, for me that doesn't change its quality; a.k.a awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I know I'm not supposed to feel this way

Listening to all the shit Mike went through to get over the rape and heal just makes me hate Joe for abandoning him. Sure, he was dealing with his own Am I Gay And In Love With My Best Friend issues, but he flat out left Mike to face his demons alone. Asshole.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxalmost 12 years ago
hits so close

Im not gay but rape knows no difference. I too was a victim so reading this was bitter sweet. Truly a wonderful story and such judt.... wow.

Lyn91Lyn91over 11 years ago
I have to admit

that this chapter was a real tear jerker...i honestly was crying so hard. You have such a way with writing that it actually felt as I was standing right there through everything. I was going to comment on the last chapter but this one had to be commented on..Thank you for the fabulous story

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
What beautiful characters

in Mike's family and Joe and his friends.

Fantastic work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
yay mike's gonna get his man

you've got to fight for the one you love - that's something ive learned

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well done

Dear author,

I noted your humble comment at the end of the chapter and would like to add a comment here. As someone who used to work with seminarians abused in their childhood by parents, teachers, "friends" etc., I believe you have captured beautifully in prose a description both true to your story and to the work of therapists. As a seminarian I was fucked up by the moral theology prof - yeah) and the next day he told me to tell no-one. A fool I obeyed and only years later did I admit I needed help and subsequently did a bit to help others get theirs.

A sincere thank you, Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To Gary

Hi Gary

Probably you won’t read this - but I wanted to say thank you for sharing your input. I’m glad you shared with others and got help and also are in a position to help others affected. Your letter really hit home for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The fact that Joe is still in Italy and has been absent for months given all his BF is going through is unforgivable. It really cheapens the integrity and compassion of a fantastic main character that had been built in earlier chapters. And get rid of Cam. He should be punished for his explicit role in Mike’s abuse and should never stay a part of Mike’s life. To have him continue to contact Mike and offer “help” to him is offensive and inexcusable. He’s only a slight step up from Elliot and everyone deserves to know that!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous