All Comments on 'The Infinite Bk. 01 Ch. 05'

by Sage_of_the_Forlorn_Path

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
WhatthehellmanWhatthehellmanover 4 years ago
Unexpected

I've been a big fan of yours for a long time but this is the first time I'm commenting on this particular series. Tin dying was unexpected but not completely surprising as I've read the other stories you've created and know of the darker tones to them besides Master. I have mixed feelings about Tin dying but I understand that it's an important piece to the story you're creating so I'm interested to see further development on it. I also wanted to compliment you on your writing skill and I can tell they've improved from the previous stories even though they were pretty good before. I also like what you're doing with the isekai genre by twisting it up a bit. Keep up the great work!

M_grey555M_grey555over 4 years ago
5starz

Oh my god that is a rough cliff hanger my guy. Please upload next chapter as soon as you can. I needs to know what happens next

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
What a pity

Tin was the best part of your world, so I think I'll leave it there.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's hard to really come up with the right words to say but I'll try.

I thought he was finally going to find his true home where he could be truly happy with Tin by his side. But with all he has been through I'm not sure he will. When you killed her I truly shed a tear. I'm both angry and sad at the same time. But I know that not all good stories have happy endings for all the characters. Please post the next chapter soon.

zorrander163zorrander163over 4 years ago

Maybe you were trying to avoid red flags or anything to foreshadow Tin's death to us, but it felt like she didn't have alot of presence in this chapter until she died, which is a shame. In our last chapter with her directly we didn't get alot of interaction from her.

UnrighteousUnrighteousover 4 years ago

I would had offed the Mary Sue instead, less perfect solutions and a really scary world to navigate for someone who never knew much.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 4 years ago

Tin now reminds me of the Deer girl we never had a chance to meet. We did get a chance to meet Tin, and just as her character was starting to show some progression, you take her away from us.

Maybe you have a reason for what you have done in this chapter, maybe you have new characters and stories already lined up, but it's going to have to be something damn good.

Tin's selfless dedication to Noah was the perfect foil for his callous and uncaring ways.

I don't see how you can easily replace her in that role.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
trust

I'm going to trust you have a real plan in mind which calls for this development. But it's gonna have to be damn good to cover for Tin's loss. Her selflessness was an excellent contrast to Noah's cold callousness.

You'll need to work especially hard to make up for how she was basically absent in the last chapter we see her in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I'm not quite sure where you're going with killing Tin off like this.

I assume that you're trying to establish some motivation or goal for Noah, the protagonist, as he is currently doesn't have any drive to do something.

Going by the comments I'd haphazard a guess that this decision wasn't too well received by most readers, but I'm looking forward to see how to story will develop after this.

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarover 4 years ago
I hate to pile on, but...

Tin's death just makes me want to stop reading. In fact, it sets a precedent that makes me want to just never read anything by the author ever again. I know, I know, death happens, and a lot of authors love to shove it down our throats as some sort of "force your reader to cry" tool.

I avoid A LOT of anime and movies for this very reason. I guess maybe the average person from America or western Europe hasn't been exposed to a lot of suffering or death, and dumping some in their lap is a good way to get a rise out of them, but for me it completely breaks down my reason for reading in the first place: to escape a distastefully cruel reality. When reality creeps into my choice of entertainment, I just give up and move on.

QueijadaQueijadaover 4 years ago
5*

Tin's death was an inevitability in my book. When they went into the goblin lair all she did was act as a porter/looter. Noah didnt't teach her anything combat related, and the moment you mentioned the dungeon crab, I knew she was going to die. However, I most certainly did not expect that she would die just moments after. Excellent chapter all in all, Keep it up!

japassoujapassouover 3 years ago
Devastated

Brutal to have Tin ripped away from him so suddenly, especially after surviving the sickness together. Feel like my heart's just been ripped out too. Glad he was able to bring her lots of joy and dignity in their time together.

I hope he doesn't lose all empathy now and become ruthless. Hope he can find a way to grieve, move on, and eventually find someone he can grow close to again -- I wonder if the two lady adventurers we've already met will join his party and offer some development there.

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenover 3 years ago
Well... I was loving it

I'm going to agree with IlliterateScholar in saying that Tin's death was the low point of the story so far. I feel that the story was really well developed until this chapter, but slogging through a Goblin den, and now looking forward to slogging through a Dungeon Crab does not sound exciting in the least. I can already guess that the Hero will survive the Dungeon, so do I really need to read it? Same with this chapter. So, he killed a bunch of goblins. The readers could have basically skipped all that because it did nothing to move the plot forward. You could have glossed over quite a bit of it and simply mentioned finding the ring, sword, and armor, and rescuing Noah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow... taking out a huge side character

I can’t wait to read the rest

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Good story, even without the erotic elements this is just a great fantasy novel.

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 3 years ago

As sad as it is to lose Tin . A story needs jarring moments like that . As well as the types of adventures that Noah is facing in this unfamiliar multiverse that he finds himself in . Despite what the critics say . Rescuing Oath came with slaughtering a grip of goblins , gathering more currency , and learning about magic imbued accessories .

The erotica was not absent . They were known the town over for their intense sessions . Very different tale . Keep it up . I like your style . Very gifted . Thank you .

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 2 years ago

Man I had a great feeling about Tin. I thought she actually might be a bit of a mage with her being able to tell when people were lying, Noah especially. I figured with his many lives and experiences only magic would be able to tell. I'm very sad she was killed. Maybe just maybe she's reborn as well. I'm just finding this story so I don't know yet. With Noah's struggling feelings for her I fell even if she stays dead she will still have an impact on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@IlliterateScholar, I feel your pain. A priceless companion, she balanced out Noah's faults. Perhaps a cold personality can get warm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that sucked! Was hoping to see more growth from Tin, instead of things growing from her dead body. But I do commend Arthur's that kill main/ side characters. Enjoy reading this series. 5*

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

I really hope that Tin's story isn't finished, she deserved more.

jwmcleanjwmcleanabout 2 years ago

damm i didnt see TIN dying...that is a cruel twist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

R. I. P Tin

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

Do not dwell on Tin's demise . Her story played out well . She touched us all . There will be others . I hope .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well written chapter. Good insight into the depths of a soul.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthorover 1 year ago

WTAF!!!! She survives an illness only to die by accident! Fuck you man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do not approve of how you disposed of Tin. It appears you really are that callous. If that is to be the tone of this story then I'm done. I had you bookmarked after one story but no longer

Cbw08Cbw08over 1 year ago

R.I.P Tin.

Awesome and devastating

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, that hit hard.

By coincidence having Elfen lied - lilium playing from my youtube music playlist probably didn't help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This smacks of the typical TV series, where the "Special" guest star is either the episode's villain, a disposable temporary character, or a soon to die love interest. This was laughed at in Star Quest. Why introduce characters and then kill them off when you're not sure what to do with them? It does not make the story more compelling, just more amateurish. There are lots of writers on this site who do shit just to tweak the reader.

Check out God of Mischief and Lies by FireFaery for an example of amazing writing and no one dies to make the story seem more important.

https://www.literotica.com/s/god-of-mischief-and-lies - Loki finds something he can't control.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 1 year ago

I have met a few people who were live on the outside but dead on the inside. It is always sad to see! Maybe her death will help bring him closure and allow Noah to start to live again. Great story!

mole114mole114over 1 year ago

Was wondering when you would get rid of her he can’t really betray her with other women till she’s dead he may have no feelings lost whatever but he his loyal so whilst sad for her better for the story

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

So all her loyalty and care was for naught

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

To live so long that it becomes meaningless and then to squeeze even the tiniest emotion/meaning from it…you painted the scene so well. Bravo 👏🏽

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm Done.

You killed her, thaw that last part was sweet and hart braking. You make her file so live in these Chapters it's hard for me to say it's not far when even thaw people die all the time in deferent way. but why.... Why, The Hell did you have to kill her. :.(

R.I.P. Tin

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u5 months ago

Fuck that was sad.

I was waiting for you to train her in suitable skills. That would have made her happy. Now he’s just going to run around with those two useless sluts that pretend to be adventures and that useless kid.

Tin was loyal and owed him everything so he could then confide in her about everything with complete security. So is that young useless sort of but crap farmer boy going to time him as he pushes his manna training. Oh and who will keep secret about his one and only invisibility magic?

Fuck, it’s ruined the story. I’ll read the next chapter to see where it’s going now and go from there.

WTF.

skippersdadskippersdad5 months ago

So Sad, but hopefully He will het them back for her Murder. You put Emotion into this tale .Thank you.

InsomniZachInsomniZach4 months ago

I've been reading stories on this website for 10 years, and I've read a lot of emotional ones that have made me tear up. Tin's death is the first time I've actually full on ugly cried.

Damonkey916Damonkey9164 months ago

Tin’s death was brutal to read. Her dying declaration was heart wrenching. You’re a great writer. I will miss Tin

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

NICE. I CRIED.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damn, actually shed a tear. RIP Tin.

HelgamiteHelgamite3 months ago

Damn! What you did to tin was just plain MEAN! she was so loving and loyal!

DigitalDreamerDigitalDreamer3 months ago

I thought you might ditch Tin at some point -- I am curious whether he will have another life and try and find her or if this the precursor to moving on to the two adventurer ladies.

Again, nicely written.

MrJinMrJinabout 2 months ago

I'm not crying. You're crying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous