All Comments on 'The Infinite Bk. 02 Ch. 04'

by Sage_of_the_Forlorn_Path

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
KJay15KJay15over 3 years ago
Good chapter

Looking forward to Noah going to the knights college

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

Thanks really appreciate it.5 star🌟 as always.To be honest am pinning on the sch scenario, with you writing skills I know it will be super amazing, can't wait

M_grey555M_grey555over 3 years ago

Lol that candle scene ha

prsstaridprsstaridover 3 years ago
This chapter was very confusing to me

I have to say I found this chapter rather confusing and not up to your usual standards. I will list my confusion in the order they were introduced in the story.

The Red Revelry – I found explanation that Bella gave for it (thirst for violence) by academy participants very generic. For example, why are the potential academy applicants taking part in this? They are risking injury before the trials even begin that could take them out of the competition altogether for this year that the Gemini Twins are running. Then there is the matter of possible arrest by the soldiers arresting them which would also take them out of the competition. This was based on Bella’s explanation to Noah.

Then in the detailed example you gave in the fight between Becker and Chase it was totally contradictory. It was not even injury that they were risking but the fight was to the death. Were all the fights to the death? You were not clear on that. And to make it even more confusing we find out after Chase was killed by Becker that he was too old to be in the academy and then you immediately kill Becker off who might have been an academy applicant by a winged Beastman who is looking for someone with brown eye color and a Noble Letters of recommendation on their bodies so he can assume their identity at an academy applicant? That alone is confusing in so many ways. He has simian body features and wings and he is killing people in the dark of night looking for someone with his eye color? How can a Beastman even be in the competition at all, never mind trying to pass himself off as the application on the Noble Letter that would describe eye color and not mention wings and simian features? Isn’t only open to humans? Why would they be training possible Beastman enemies at the academy? Why would anyone be carrying an important letter like that on their person in a street fight? I would think they would hide or secure it and their other valuables before they participated in the Red Revelry.

The next confusing part for me was the five figures a top a tower near the castle, that I will call hunters for a lack of better description. They were clearly not Guards or Knights but that is about all we know about them. Where they human or something else? What faction are they aligned with? They are after someone called “Groud” who took some elixir that didn’t belong to him. Oh, and they are not real good about following orders, that is about all we know of them.

Next we are back to the Red Revelry but now we have Knights not arresting the participants but killing them. One swordsman takes and arrow to the chest and the second swordsman takes an arrow to the shoulder then after a short chase, the Knight kills the second one too. Why is the Knight killing them and not arresting them? Again, why would any academy applicants be participating in the Red Revelry if they are going to be killed by other applicants or knights? It's not like they can brag about their deeds.

Then Noah happens upon a homeless woman's rape that is occurring in an alley by what appears to be a Red Revelry participant. Was this “Groud” he killed or one of the mysterious five that was on top of the tower? All we know was that he was wearing a Harajin mask and his magic corrupted Noah’s mana which caused his clone to look like the dead assailant and the clone not follow orders and not disengaging. What did he loot from that man’s body that was unknown concoctions, could it be elixir if this was “Groud”?

Lastly, we have Noah’s battle with the Gold Ranked Knight who is to put it mildly, is quite insane. Don’t they remove Knights from service due to insanity? I don’t think the Knights or the King would want the Knight’s to have bad reputations.

DwaynedomentntDwaynedomentntover 3 years ago
Very Good

You are weaving an engaging tale. Please continue this piece.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 3 years ago

Very good writing which has me getting more curious and intrigued with each passing chapter. I love seeing this world expand and the unusual traditions and political intrigue begin to unfold. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Aww

I was hoping he'd get back in time to play... interesting development with his powers though. Need to stock up on potions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To run out of healing portion almost killed him. That gold knight was interesting, but don't think he should do that again.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

Without having to spell out all the obvious explanations to " prsstarid's " questions . Just remind him that this is a different world . Nothing is logical as in our world . Each scenario has a different explanation . If not in this chapter , certainly in a future one .

skippersdadskippersdad5 months ago

I still like it still reading keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous