The Infinite Bk. 03 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With integrity, we fight.

May they sing of our strength.

How off our helms shines dawn's light.

Be it through a forest of blades or arrows' storm.

To fight for our people, we have sworn.'

That is the oath you will take upon entering the knighthood. It is the oath that will follow you until the day you die. Burn it into your souls, for when the day comes that you stand as knights in the service of Uther, the meaning of those words will be clear to you. Now, I will bid you all goodnight. Sleep well, for you will need your strength."

He turned around and left the mess hall, so his words could sink in.

'Well, as far as motivational speeches go, that wasn't bad,' Noah thought to himself as he resumed eating.

After dinner, the cadets returned to their various dorms, and in the barracks, Noah listened to the excited and fearful conversations as he lay on his bed. The lack of privacy was annoying, but it seemed he had stumbled upon a treasure trove of information. He'd get answers without asking a single question. His possessions had been stowed in the trunk beside him, protected by a magic lock. Noah's ring was with his other belongings, as wearing jewelry was forbidden on academy grounds. Even if someone did manage to break into the trunk, his ring was hidden so well that they'd never find it. After relying on it in so many fights, he had grown accustomed to its convenience and now felt naked without it. His sword and knives were likewise banned, as cadets could only use the weapons supplied by the academy.

To his right, Gideon, the man he faced earlier. They each bore plenty of bruises from their unfinished match, and it seemed like he was simmering over it. He was asleep, or at least he was pretending. The moment he saw Noah, he grew a scowl that had yet to fully wither.

Please comment! Tell me your thoughts!