The Infinite Bk. 03 Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well I've seen more than "plenty." I've met hundreds of enemies, thousands of warriors. I know what talent looks like. That was not mere talent."

"Then what was it?"

"That's the thing, I'm not sure. I know he's human, I can't sense any other blood in him which would explain it, but for some reason, he fights like an elf."

"Like an elf?"

"I'm talking about mastery of movement. He's trained himself to be ambidextrous. Kinesthesia and coordination like his would normally take centuries to develop. As for his technique, it was too vague for me to identify a specific school or style. There was no ingrained pattern to how he moved. I first thought he was making it all up as he went along, relying on talent mixed with whatever training he's had, but his steps, his breathing, his balance, his pacing, it was like countless styles had all been mashed together."

"Is he someone we should be concerned about?"

"I'm not sure yet. There's something strange about him, and I'm going to find out what it is."

----------

"So is it true what they say? About your fight with Lady Zodiac?" one of many cadets asked, interrupting Noah's reading. All the students had returned to their various dorms and barracks and enjoyed the brief window of time before light's out. Like the bathhouse, most of the conversations in the barracks were just complaints about the first day, but the story about Noah's fight was Valia was also spreading. Unfortunately, evening roll call had destroyed Noah's hopes of studying in quiet anonymity.

"It is true that she and I sparred," he replied, "just as she did with everyone. I don't know what else people have been telling you."

"The other guys down the row are saying you fought her to a draw," another cadet said.

"I managed to give her a scratch, while she tore my uniform to ribbons. It was hardly a draw. Besides, you'll get your turn to fight her."

"Where did you learn how to fight?" The questions kept coming as the cadets searched for any information that might aid or amuse them. Noah would deflect and dismiss the probing so gently that the men barely noticed, and felt their attention directed elsewhere. If any of them got too inquisitive, a little fake backstory would get them to shut up.

"Do you have any advice about fighting Lady Zodiac?" Gideon asked out of the blue.

Noah closed his book. "Finally, a worthy question."

Please comment! Tell me your thoughts!