The Ingram-Lewis Chronicles Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Patrick, of course, realised that von Staufen had, in some way, been provoked by Tomlinson, but whatever their differences, von Staufen was enough of a gentleman not to push his classmate into the shit,

"Tomlinson, you have heard what von Staufen has said. What have you to say for yourself? He says that he hit you first, but that he was not responsible for the events which led you two boys to blows. So, Tomlinson, out with it boy; did you do something to provoke von Staufen, which led him to hit you?"

Tomlinson was now visibly trembling and terribly embarrassed by the turn the questioning had taken. "Ingram Lewis sir, I really didn't do anything at all; really I didn't Ingram-Lewis sir."

Von Staufen then said: "Ingram-Lewis sir, ask Tomlinson what he said to me before I hit him and then you will understand how the fight started, sir."

Patrick turned to Tomlinson and said: "Come on Tomlinson; out with it: what came out of your big mouth? What did you say to von Staufen which so provoked him that he felt he had to hit you? Come on boy, out with it; make no mistake Tomlinson, I will get to the bottom of this business if it takes all morning and one of you will tell me the whole story."

Tomlinson had now developed a panic stricken expression; one could see him struggling to find words to say what he had said to von Staufen: "Ingram-Lewis sir, it really was not anything important and anyway, I did not really mean what I said; it's just that von Staufen took it the wrong way and hit me and that's now we got into a fight."

"So, Tomlinson, what was it that you said to von Staufen which led him to hit you? Come on, Tomlinson, out with it now."

Von Staufen interjected: "Go on Tomlinson; tell Ingram-Lewis what you said; tell him what you called me. Go on Tomlinson tell him; and if you won't then I will and then he'll understand why I hit you."

Tomlinson (I nearly said, "Poor Tomlinson"; but as you will see, Tomlinson was not worthy of any sympathy in this affair) was now in tears. The boy simply could not bring himself to repeat whatever it was he had said to von Staufen to enrage him enough to start a fight. Patrick turned his gaze on von Staufen and said: "So von Staufen; out with it boy. What did Tomlinson say to you which clearly was so offensive that you felt you had to hit him?"

Von Staufen replied: "Well Ingram-Lewis sir, Tomlinson is now too embarrassed to tell you himself what he said to me, so under duress from you, sir, I will tell you. Tomlinson called me a dirty, fucking foreigner. And that Ingram-Lewis sir is the gospel truth; that is what he called me. So you can now see why I hit him. I know I am of German origin and have German names, but my great grandfather, the Count Karl von Staufen, came to this country at the time of George IV and my family has been here ever since. I consider that I am as English as the next man. I cannot even speak German and I have never actually been to Germany myself, although I have distant family still there in Koenigsberg in East Prussia."

"Tomlinson," said Patrick, "Is this true? Did you call von Staufen a dirty, fucking foreigner or not?"

Tomlinson did not need to answer the question; his face said it all; his eyes were full of tears. "Ingram-Lewis sir, I really did not mean what I said; I just said it without thinking and I am truly sorry for what I said."

"Well gentlemen, although I am not sure that you, Tomlinson, deserve the epithet, we now know the whole story. I am not at all surprised that von Staufen hit you, Tomlinson; you certainly were gratuitously offensive. But offensive or not, von Staufen should not have hit you and you, Tomlinson, in turn, should not have hit him back and thereby turned the matter into a brawl. I am going to punish both of you, here and now for brawling, which is strictly forbidden by the school rules. Both of you now; down with your trousers and panta ans each bend across one of the chairs I have placed at your disposal so that I can examine the state of your arses, which I now propose to beat; and beat very thoroughly, I might add."

Von Staufen looked very alarmed at what he now knew was about to happen to him. "Ingram-Lewis sir, I have never before been beaten. I am really very frightened sir; and as it was all the fault of Tomlinson, I don't think it fair that I too should be thrashed. Please, Ingram-Lewis, don't thrash me; I am not sure that I can stand the pain: it will be very painful won't it, Ingram-Lewis sir?"

"Indeed it will, von Staufen. In case it had escaped your notice, the whole objective of beating a boy's buttocks is for him to experience pain. It is the retribution for the misdeed he has committed and is the time honoured method, used on generations of boys here at Rigby. Let me me enlighten you von Staufen; here at this school when a boy breaks the rules he is beaten; and beaten very hard; there is no soft pedalling here; when we punish a boy for a misdeed here at Rigby, he knows that he has to change his ways; he knows he is being corrected; he knows that he deserves a very sore bottom. And as for your never having been beaten before, I have to say that surprises me for a boy already in the second form here; you really must have been an angel up to now, von Staufen, or is that you have never before been caught in the act of breaking a rule?"

"Well, von Staufen, this will be your painful introduction, indeed your very painful introduction, to the realities of life at Rigby. You were caught breaking the rules and now you have to suffer the consequences, even though I do have a certain amount of sympathy for you; you are going to receive a beating; there is no negotiation possible; the pair of you are going to have your backsides very thoroughly whacked in retribution for your actions. Perhaps, Tomlinson, you would be good enough to explain to von Staufen, as a newcomer to the rigours of Rigby, the etiquette to be observed by boys in your position, which is to say boys who are awaiting punishment. I suggest you acquaint him with what is now required of him whilst I fetch the implement with which I propose, in the next few minutes to condition your arses before applying the cane."

Tomlinson was suddenly bereft of words, a most unusual occurrence for him. It was not that he did not know what he had to impart to von Staufen, but that he was alarmed by what Ingram-Lewis had said about "conditioning their arses prior to caning". What on earth did that imply? Something additional and no doubt painful.

But he said: "Von Staufen, what Ingram-Lewis wishes me to tell you is that as we are going to be thrashed for fighting, here at Rigby we have to present him our arses completely naked; so what we have to do, you and I both, is to drop our trousers and underpants as he has just told us to do and each of us bend across a chair there, presenting our naked bums to him so that he can whack us, an act at which he is a real crack!. But I am not sure what punishment we are about to receive as Ingram-Lewis is talking about conditioning our arses before caning us. Anyway, von Staufen I think we had better do as is expected and bend over the chairs and wait and see what happens. Sorry, but that is the way things are done here and I can tell you it's going to be bloody painful for both of us; I know as Ingram-Lewis has a technique all of his own and it's not my first time with him. It hurts like hell when he wields the cane. So grit your teeth my friend; both you and I are in for a horrible few minutes."

Whilst Tomlinson had been imparting this joyful information to von Staufen, Patrick had gone into his bathroom and taken the long-handled, wooden bath-brush which he kept there. What he had decided to do was to condition, as he had put it, their backsides by giving each of them six sharp swats with the back of the brush before proceeding to apply the cane in the normal manner, So the boys were about to receive an additional six swats with a rather painful implement before being given twelve stinging cuts of the cane itself. They were going to leave Patrick's study with well-roasted arses and their faces pouring with tears, of that he was sure.

Patrick walked back into the room bearing the innocuous looking brush, which was nevertheless capable of delivering considerable pain when handled correctly, to find the boys each bent across a chair, arses naked and ready to go! Patrick could see that both lads were trembling in fearful anticipation about what was about to happen to them. He surveyed von Staufen's white, unblemished virgin buttocks and thought to himself of the considerable satisfaction that he would have in giving them the first experience of Rigby Rigour; he determined to make it a memorable first time occasion for the boy and to see that he was well and truly launched into the disciplined life at Rigby. He then saw that Tomlinson's arse had been clearly beaten very professionally and thoroughly some little time previously. He surmised correctly, that it was Tomlinson's father who had had occasion to to correct his son sometime over the Christmas break.

Tomlinson, who was a regular recipient of Rigby Rigour, glanced nervously over his shoulder, saw the brush in Patrick's hand and said: "Ingram-Lewis sir, as you can see my backside is in a very delicate condition and I am not sure that you should be beating me today at all. You see sir, at the beginning of the Christmas holidays my father..."

Patrick cut him short and said:"Tomlinson, I am not in the slightest interested in what happened between you and your father over the holidays; your arse is in absolutely perfect condition for a good dose of corrective, percussive therapy; so kindly button your lip and keep perfectly still whilst I attend to its needs. Now boys, as a prelude to the cane, I have decided to condition your backsides with a few slaps from this brush; this preconditioning technique will warm up your buttocks, and is very invigorating and I think you will find ensures that you get maximum benefit from the caning which will follow. So boys; six each with the brush to pre-condition your backsides to be followed by twelve each with the cane: that is the menu for this pre-luncheon aperitif, let's call it. I think you will both leave here with a keen appetite, feeling that justice has been truly done and will not want to repeat the experience."

Patrick surveyed the plump muscular arses he was about to flog. He had decided to beat the two boys alternately, giving each of them a stroke at a time; so he began by positioning himself with the brush above von Staufen's enticingly pristine buttocks and brought it down with a firm crack across the upper part of the boy's right bun. Von Staufen let out a howl of pain which Patrick ignored as he moved on to give the same treatment to Tomlinson. By moving back and forth from one boy to the other, stroke by stroke, he created a pause between each stroke to allow its full effect to be enjoyed (a really bad choice of word, now I reflect on it) by the recipient. To judge from the howls each stroke elicited, the boys, if not exactly appreciative were nevertheless cognitive of the care which was being lavished on their arses.

The brush is itself an implement of limited target area, but after six good, firm strokes, little untouched flesh remained. Tomlinson, ever loquacious, said that he thought that this conditioning phase of the punishment was really sufficient and that is arse was already red hot with the six swats it had received: so perhaps Ingram-Lewis might consider this enough of a punishment. The unfortunate von Staufen added his voice to this petition. But as you can imagine, their words fell on deaf ears and Patrick picked up his pre-chosen cane and prepared to take the boys to hell and back as he made a few frightening swishes of the cane through the air.

"Now boys, you will kindly keep perfectly still until I have finished beating you; it will be twelve strokes each and then when I tell you may stand up and pull up your lower clothes."

So both young lads gritted their teeth and waited for the painful painful onslaught which was to follow. Tomlinson was, of course, intimately familiar with the technique used by Ingram-Lewis in flogging boys, but this was a new and horribly painful initiation for von Staufen. The cane cracked down relentlessly twelve painful times on each waiting arse, as Patrick passed to and fro between the boys. When he had finished, both boys were weeping copiously and both arses were well and truly striped with the the evenly placed, parallel cuts, which were the hall mark of Patrick's handiwork. It had to be said that Patrick had, in the six months since being made a prefect, become an absolute crack in his use of the cane. His confidence had been greatly reinforced by the station in loco domini conferred on him by Mr. Godber, which had made him practically the supreme arbiter in the use of the cane at Rigby; it was a position he much enjoyed,

Surveying his handiwork before he told them to get up, Patrick felt that justice had been done. For von Staufen it had been a truly memorable introduction to the doubtful joy of the cane and the boy looked totally cowed by what had happened. Patrick felt sorry for him as he had been provoked by the remarks made by that loquacious idiot Tomlinson, but having started the fight which had become quite fierce, he had merited the beating he had just received.

But Patrick was not yet finished with Tomlinson, As the boys pulled up their pants, with great delicacy, as every touch on their arses was excruciatingly painful, Patrick looked at Tomlinson and said: "Tomlinson, you and I need to make another appointment as I have not yet finished dealing with you about this business. I suggest that you present yourself here again this coming Sunday, at half past eleven, after chapel, when you will do penance for the offensive remarks you made about von Staufen. On that occasion I will again try, fruitlessly no doubt as ever, to instil some gentlemanly manners into you. So, Tomlinson, there you have it; look upon it as your final painful visit to the dentist; it will hurt but it is for your own good."

Tomlinson, as ever, tried to argue himself out of what was clearly going to be another beating several days hence: "Ingram-Lewis sir, I don't think I should be punished yet again for this fight. After all, it was von Staufen who started it and I had to defend myself once he had hit me sir, didn't I. Surely I had the right to to self defence, sir So I think you are being unfair in wanting to punish me yet again."

"My dear Tomlinson let us get the facts straight. You and von Staufen have just been thrashed for fighting: a fight which von Staufen started and to which you retaliated, but which was provoked entirely by your crude remarks to him about his ethnic origins. In fact Tomlinson, you and your big mouth were the sole cause of this altercation. But fighting like street hoodlums in the street is something we cannot allow to pass here at Rigby and whatever the root cause of the fight, you and von Staufen have just been punished for fighting, which is strictly forbidden at Rigby."

"On Sunday, after chapel, I intend to punish you, and you alone, Tomlinson for having voiced such an unseemly, unwarranted and totally false slur on von Staufen, which is a completely different offense. I trust that clarifies matters in your mind, boy. So until Sunday at eleven thirty sharp when I want to see you here in my study again when I shall apply another dose of remedial therapy to your arse in what I suspect will be another futile attempt on my part, to set you on the straight and narrow. But that, Tomlinson is part of the burden I have to bear by virtue of my position at this school and I shall bear it with dignity, no matter what sacrifices I have to make." Tomlinson thought whatever boys of that period thought about such utter sanctimonious cant from Patrick and said to himself the then equivalent of rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb. For once he was wise enough not to give voice to his sentiments,

Having listened to this conversation von Staufen left, massaging his roasted buttocks, but feeling satisfied that his basic innocence in what had happened had been upheld, Not to mince words he was delighted that Tomlinson was to get another thrashing, In a way too, although he would not have volunteered to offer his arse to Ingram-Lewis to thrash, in spite of the pain he felt somehow better that he has now crossed the threshold and had joined the vast majority of Rigbyans; he could now display his battle scarred arse with pride in the showers that evening. He felt he had well and truly arrived and could hold his head up among his classmates, most of whom were well beaten veterans. If only it had not been so hellishly painful! But the young lad held no grudge against Ingram -Lewis, whom he secretly quite admired

CHAPTER 5

Feeling highly satisfied with his morning's work, Patrick went into lunch. He noticed with a smile, that both Tomlinson and von Staufen were eating standing up: a testimony to the efficacy of his beating arm. He also saw that most of the prefects had already arrived. So he spoke briefly to them and told them that even though today was not actually in term he proposed to hold hold a Prefects' Court that evening at eight, straight after supper. He outlined very quickly how he had summoned a dozen or so boys who deserved to be beaten to appear before the Court that evening so that the role of the prefects in maintaining order at Rigby would get off to a flying start. It goes without saying that Patrick's co-prefects were delighted with the fact that they would have a group flogging on their first evening back at school.

Beating a boy's naked arse was one of the great pleasures in their school life and several of the prefects were already feeling their cocks stirring between their legs at the delicious thought of bringing down the cane with that inimitable crack onto a boys naked arse; they could barely wait; it was a thought to savour all afternoon. But none of them knew what Patrick had in mind, for he was determined to make a really dramatic occasion of this, the first group beating of the new term.

After lunch, Patrick went and checked out the state of readiness of the prefects' common room where the Court was to be held that evening; he saw that the requisite implements of punishment were all still there: two bath brushes and at least a dozen nasty looking canes. Patrick then went for stroll around the school grounds where he was hailed by the gardener, Mr. Patterson. "Mr Patrick sir, a Happy New Year and New Term to you sir, I'm delighted to see you back and even more so to have caught you now before term actually begins. Whne you next have a moment free sir, perhaps you would like to come down with me to my work shed as I have a number of things I would like to show you: things which I think might help you in the execution of your duties sir."

Patrick retuned the compliments of the season to the gardener, noticing his choice of the phrase "in the execution of your duties". What on earth could Patterson be meaning? "Mr Patterson, if you wish, I could come along with you right now as I am not really doing anything in particular. I was just taking a stroll around the place; so, if you are also free now, let's go." and so off to Mr. Patterson's work-shed the two of them went.

Mr. Patterson had clearly taken the question of corporal punishment to heart since making those three extremely painful maple birch last term; birches which he had first tried out on his own two sons and had then given to Patrick. Patrick had much appreciated the gardener's ingenuity, and had found that the maple birches were first class. The maple wands were very supple but at the same time strong and dense, so when they landed on a target arse, they made a horribly painful impact: much better than the hazel twigs used hitherto. here was no doubt at all about it; the maple birch was easily the most painful of punishments available at Rigby,