All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 06'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The story is stagnating...

While I like reading about our unusual couple, the rest of the story seems to crawl to a halt. The setup was that by delaying the heroine for a day the world was doomed, as he made the timing of his story very close. Now we have Simon reading encyclopedias about botany because he is bored.... if there ever was a time to get going it is now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
While I don't entirely agree...

As I'm enjoying each chapter, my only complaint is that they're not longer and so with more action. Unlike anon, I don't mind a slower buildup while we learn about the place, but the length and time between chapters is pretty irritating. I know I'm just being spoiled; if I'd discovered this story when you already had twenty written I probably wouldn't mind. I suppose that's a bit of a backhanded compliment. So keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This story is good but I'd like to see more story as apposed to just sex.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous, Anonymous, and Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry I disappointed you. Life's a bit tricky at the moment, so I can't promise I'll knock chapter 7 out of the park or finish it any quicker. But I'll do my best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Didnt really enjoy the turn this chapter took.

I agree the story took a turn to the non existent, but at the same time I also didn't enjoy the sex in this one. Skipped most of it. Felt too close to cuckolding or loving wives in some bizarre way for me.

Hopefully we'll get some more story and a more solid evolution of the characters relationships next chapter.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Didn't really enjoy)

Thanks for the feedback.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Everyone

Okay, I've decided to replace this chapter, so don't concern yourself too much with telling me it's a stinker. Since some people favorited it and might not want it to disappear, I'm not going to take it down entirely, but I'll add a note that it's a "deleted scene" and then put up a replacement Chapter 6 in a week or two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I didn't think it was bad, but I am really looking forward to when Simon and Leyna fully hook up. I mean, the BJ from earlier was nice, but I'd love to see them go all the way. Hope that's going to happen soon :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I didn't think it was bad)

Thanks! I'm currently doing some outline revisions to make sure the pacing is the best I can get it ... figuring out exactly when to hook Simon and Leyna up is an important part of that. Hopefully I'll get it straight soon!

HeisenhugHeisenhugabout 8 years ago

Wait, so the Welfwoman with a tentacle for a clit was fine, and the dwarf-orc who needed an entire fist practically pummelling her was also fine, but a little vanilla human incest-by-proxy was a turn to the bizarre? Strange.

Personally I liked this chapter.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

Maybe the problem was that it wasn't fantastical enough? I'm not sure myself. That scene may or may not make the final draft.

Glad you liked it, though! Thanks for letting me know!

HeisenhugHeisenhugabout 8 years ago

Well there's nothing queer as folk... I'd say that people are impatient for the entirely non-sexual quest line to advance, but that sounds really weird considering where we are

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

Q: What happened when the erotica writer tried to craft a story that relied entirely on mailing letters?

A: It fell philately!

HeisenhugHeisenhugabout 8 years ago

I hear people have tried to stamp out puns like that ^_^

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

It's definitely a problem someone should address!

HeisenhugHeisenhugabout 8 years ago

How's chapter 7 doing? Not that I'd rush you or anything :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

It's in the pipeline waiting to be posted! I'm hoping it will show up in the next couple of days. Chapter 8 is about a quarter done at the moment ... but my day job is kicking my butt. I might get ch. 8 submitted by sometime Monday or Tuesday if all goes well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I am looking forward to it :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I am looking forward to it :-)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

The system is telling me it will post tomorrow!

Tylermcd93Tylermcd93about 8 years ago
Great!

I was really worried you closed this series for good. I'm really happy you didn't! Also, always except criticism, but don't confuse respectable criticism with assholes, while not perfect, everything in this series so far is fine and enjoyable. Keep doing what you do!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Tylermcd93

Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. Although I did let the criticisms weigh me down more than I should have, some of the delay in chapter 7 was due to personal stuff, not concern about the critics. Sadly, I'm a pretty guilt-driven person, so it would take an awful lot to get me to drop a story in mid-stream when there were obviously many readers interested in seeing where it was going. (I wrote book one of a trilogy about 15 years ago, and even though only about 5 friends and relatives read it, I still get occasional pangs about leaving them hanging without writing the other two books ...)

I hope chapter 7 meets your expectations. Thanks again!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
I'll be darned...

That actually was New :)

Totally entertaining story, thanks!

J

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 05 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info