The Interventionists Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I started getting psyched up for the week ahead. Letting the lovely Marie fade to the background. I believed in my job. I did not care what beliefs others had, whether they be fascists, hard right, new communists, Islamists, believers in the second coming, flat earthers or liberals. It was when they tried to impose their belief on others by gun, knife, suicide vehicle run or Semtex then I did mind and played my part in stopping them.

I considered snoozing the alarm for a bit, then decided that would be a bad idea as after the sex I would probably fall into a deep sleep. Instead I got up and enjoyed a leisurely shower and cooked breakfast. Whilst waiting for the coffee I went into the kitchen drawer, took out the Tupperware container and removed the bubblewrap to retrieve my phone. Disabling your phone was a sure giveaway you were up to something, leaving it where you are supposed to be whilst ensuring it could not hear or see anything incriminating was something I hoped would not be picked up on so easily.

When possible I liked to sit in on the department's general update meeting on Monday's. I was based in London not far from 'head office' at Vauxhall Bridge. Most of the department worked out of GCHQ in Cheltenham. I knew that the first level one case of significance that arose would probably be assigned to me. It was not just to save travel that I attended by way of 'e-presence'. I was able to see all present almost as clearly as if sat in the room but to them I was a disembodied voice as my appearance needed to remain secret.

Kathy an analyst in her early twenties and with a good grasp of her subject was presenting when I joined the meeting.

"There were 100 new level 3 interventions proposed by ICAS and accepted during the last week, appropriate modifications were made to the targets digital assistants, social media accounts, email accounts and appropriate monitoring initiated. 5 level 3s raised to level 2. In addition 2 Level 3 and 1 level 2 targets have either died or gone off grid. There are 2 cases reviewed and identified as requiring level 1 intervention."

I identified myself, "Robert here, Is there an increase in those going off grid or disappearing?"

Kathy replied, "Not entirely clear, long term approximate stats are that of those who disappear from ICAS surveillance 35% are found again within 2 weeks, and a further 45% within 6 months. Another 10-15% turn up later, alive or dead. I don't believe the trend of those not found is statistically significant, at least during the period I have worked here."

"Tell me about the level 1s," I added.

John, chairing the meeting cut in, "You will be briefed in person."

That comment was significant. It implied either Harry or James would be briefing me and therefore the job was both of the highest significance and sensitive. I hoped the assignment meant going to some sunny country. The rest of the meeting was fairly straightforward case reporting. My only other contribution was to ask for more data be sent on those we lost surveillance of.

*****

12