All Comments on 'The Island Ch. 01'

by TheNovalist

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
JRD66JRD66over 1 year ago

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
wow

very ambitious opening........excellent work

RedHectorRedHectorover 1 year ago

Wow, this seems to be a great start to a story. I'm wondering about Swiss family Robinson or survival horror 🤔. I'm sure you will take us on a wonderful trip, whatever your destination is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Start. Please keep producing new chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic intro chapter. Energetic beginning and Dan's zingers are hilariously caustic IMO. And sure, some contrivances are necessary to get the story going, but this had me forgetting the MC tags right till the AN. Thanks and keep up the good work!

LapinatorLapinatorover 1 year ago

That's a really engaging start, can't wait to read where this is going.

AlexiaAlexanderAlexiaAlexanderover 1 year ago

Interesting set up. I think Hayley's trauma has already mind controlled her into Dan's girl.

N0tMeN0tMeover 1 year ago

Very auspicious start! Looking forward to the next chapter

10Bender10Benderover 1 year ago

Gotta call Bullshit, Hoss. 30 years in construction and not once have I ever seen an engineer willing to get dirty, much less have calloused hands, nor muscles. Engineers refuse to do actual work. Falling out of an airplane at x thousand feet into the ocean and surviving? Physics 101? Sure I'll buy that. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dam, this is looking so good. Now I need to read your other contributions.

CaedynCaedynover 1 year ago

Fantastic first chapter; I’m hooked. Good pacing, great elements of loving wives, action/adventure, and a survival situation. Looking forward to seeing how mind control and/or supernatural elements fit in. Also, even though there was no sexy stuff, you certainly laid the groundwork with the redhead stewardess, not to mention the very favorable girl/guy ratio of survivors. I can’t wait to read more! Also, please don’t abandon your NewU series because that’s great too. Thanks for sharing your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

JFC...I'm hooked. It gets me in the feels. But also the adventure of surviving in nature (I watch tons of survival tutorials)

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

I will be following this story

MCmstrMCmstrover 1 year ago

Really, really excellent first chapter, and I'm looking forward to how the story unfolds!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I rarely give 5 stars. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I did before just now. Wow! Nicely done! Now get off your ass and give us chapter two! 😇

sorin61sorin61over 1 year ago

Absolutely fabulous! Even without the sex (which is why we are on Literotica, right?) this is hands-down one of the best pieces of literature I have read. Keep it going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please keep future submissions of this series in this genre. I want to see where it goes.

AardKravAardKravover 1 year ago

I've only read the first 3 pages, and I'm already booked. You have one more voracious reader here who will be following this story for as long as you're willing to keep writing it.

BobLee7BobLee7over 1 year ago

Awww. I was hoping there would be 20 more chapters written.

Love this and can’t wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Go on my friend

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is an attention riveting story, looking forward to the next chapter

rockingtilidroprockingtilidropover 1 year ago

Very good start , keep em coming !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is an amazing story, I forgot where I was even reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cool man, can't wait to see what shenanigans unfold

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 1 year ago

Looking forward to see where this is going. You write well, thanks for your submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this. Keep going. Will be waiting. Thanks!

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 1 year ago

Really good, liked it a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's just the first episode of Lost, in story form?

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 1 year ago

@ Anon - Re: "Lost in story form"

It's an air crash at sea. They find a deserted island. If they didn't find a deserted island and instead found a populated island or no island at all, then it would be less of a story. Trying to survive on the open ocean with no supplies is a little too hard, and arriving on a populated island, possibly with modern civilisation and amenities would be a little too easy. So this setup strikes a good balance and lots of promise for future chapters. And being similar to the first episode or even first season of Lost isn't a bad thing, that first season was great as was this opening chapter and I'm looking forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved your writing and I was engaged the entire time. I don't mind telling you I was so engaged it took me 4 pages to realize there was no sex in it yet, except for the mention of Hayley's panties. Very well written and definitely kept me engaged. Have a great weekend.

CowboyRickCowboyRickover 1 year ago

WOW! I love the way you tell a story. Why are you not a published author. Your description of the crash was awesome. I can not wait to read the rest. I want to read any and everything you write. Bravo my friend. Bravo.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 1 year ago

I have 2 WIP just because working on the first one gave me an idea that I like but was unreconcilable with where I wanted it to go. So it spawned a new story in which the starting premise is close to the same but then branches out radically different.

Awesome start so far and yet another story I impatiently wait for future chapters. Congratulations on creating such addictive narratives you sonofabitch.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Great start, plenty of excitement as you set the scene and the chapters.

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 1 year ago

Great start so far ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great start to an exciting story. Keep it up😀

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Strangely, I'm finding this less believable than NewU. All you have to get over in NewU is the concept of a mine with insane mind powers. This story is just piling one unbelievable idea into the next. You can't change a will purely by text and email. Signatures are one of the last medieval holdouts in law. And it may be true in his specific Midwestern state that she wouldn't be entitled to anything but in most of North America, a marriage certificate invokes "community property" (tbf, she got a house that is probably worth more than half of their assets). The physics of the plane crash don't work (a pilot can't do _anything_ once he loses a wing). You've obviously never been on the water in a small boat in a storm, let alone actually swimming -- you'd never even keep that group together, let alone swim back to the crash site. There is no way I'm believing that aircraft position updates are hourly -- besides the fact that i routinely track commercial aircraft containing family members, i track ships for work and they give satellite position updates every 5 minutes. While you often can't find the position of a downed aircraft at sea, I really think every life raft must be equipped with an EPIRB.

And the final straw (though i expect there's a reason for this one) is Ellie. If Ellie AND the raft ended up on the island, then so will other debris. If the navy is searching for debris, this is where they'll end up. And sure the search area is huge, but the Pacific is largely empty. They'd check all the islands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That plane crash scene is pretty fucking cool.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I haven't finished reading but it's very well written and engaging story so I like it regardless but one nit pick I have is the guys job doesn't seem to make much sense ... he's well paid has all these job titles engineer, accountant ,building supervisor but spends most the day doing manual labor??......How is that even possible?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great opening, enjoyed it just as a diverting story. It's a reminder to always take your Garmin gps emergency satellite texting device too. I'm actually serious about that.

SparkyblueoneSparkyblueone11 months ago

I’m looking forward to this one from my author-of-the-moment. Excellent start 5*

Surfdude1965Surfdude196510 months ago

Now where is my satellite phone? I know I had it here with me somewhere.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c16 months ago

There are no pubs in American midwest. There are bars but no pubs.

The description of the plane breakup was unnecessarily detailed. The wind coming in from the storm was described as hurricane force. Actually the plane is moving 300 to 400 mph after the hole appeared so that wind would dwarf the storms.

Once the wing broke pilots have zero control.

"Lightning forked down beneath us, striking the barely visible surface of the Pacific Ocean, flash boiling a tiny section of water which in turn gave off steam, which rose into the terrifying storm, strengthening it just that little more. It was a violent, vicious cycle, and our tiny little airplane was stuck right in the middle of it."

Not how a storm works. Energy lost through lighting discharge far greater than small amount of steam. That level of detail, especially without knowledge hurts the credibility of story.

If you are unconscious due to a blow to the head for a couple hours you will wake up in agony. Hayley could barely function for days after that.

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind4 months ago

I guess I will never stop being surprised. A completely made up fantasy adventure, on an erotic story website; and these interesting individuals are attempting to dissect the story, to impune the credibility of individual data points.

Here is hoping TheNovalist continues to write creatively, and ignores the mindless squeaking from those less talented.

BluEyedBikerBluEyedBiker2 months ago

Xzy89c1 - We have plenty of Irish and English pubs in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota but I am curious, where did you see the reference to a pub. It was a bar where He laid Lewis out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheNovalist@TheNovalist
Update - 2nd May Thank you all for your wonderful support for my little writing hobby. My schedule has cleared up quite nicely for the foreseeable future, so I should be able to pump a few out a good few chapters before the summer when I will be taking a little break for my v...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES