The Island Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You've looked at me before Richard. I've seen you watching as I adjusted my bathing suit at our pool parties. You must have seen them before," she said. It looked as if there was more she wanted to say but stopped herself.

"Glimpses. Side views. Not like this and definitely not under circumstances like this," I half whispered. "I've watched you grow into a woman and you are beautiful in every way."

She swung around and sat up. Her breasts slipped back inside her shirt and she fumbled at it as if trying to cover up. She only managed to give me a better view. Crossing her legs she pulled her heels underneath her and just looked at me silently asking me to continue. She slowly rocked backwards and forwards and I knew she was teasing me. It wasn't possible for not to feel her pants pulling hard against her pussy as she moved. Her sly smile confirmed what I thought and I had to concentrate on getting the next part of my 'speech' out. I cleared my throat and continued.

"The two years that you have agreed to be my wife, there can be no cheating. As I said before, we would be put to death. But in this case it's different. Because your parents and sister are here and aware of everything, they would be silenced as well. The king cannot take the chance of them talking." I held up my finger to silence her when she opened her mouth. "They will not take the chance. End of story. I'm sorry Ashley. Everything built here depends on keeping knowledge of this place secret. Next: relations." A quick smile flashed across her face and if I hadn't been watching I would have missed it. "Relations must always be consensual. My people enjoy it and there has never been an issue like this before. There has never been a case where an outsider came to wed a native and then turn around and leave again. The laws state that there is to be no denying each other in the bedroom. There can be no using it as a weapon to get what you want from the other. Yes, we may get angry and choose not to, but that rarely happens here. We are meant to populate this land and that is what we set out to do. You and I are meant to produce a child. That means sex. We are going to have to. So gather your strength and put aside any notions you have of being with an older man. This is what we have and we have to deal with it."

Her face had remained expressionless. She knew she'd have to have sex with me, but to have it said this way wasn't what she wanted to hear. I could see it and so changed my tactic and tone.

"Look," I said, "we have agreed to do this. No matter the reason, we have agreed to be man and wife. We need to do it right. If we start out for the wrong reasons, or fearing and hating the idea then we won't do it right and this will turn out to be hell for two years. You need to prepare mentally for this. I'm thirty-six. Do you think I planned on marrying a eighteen year old? Emotionally we are not the same level. I have my own adjustments to make as well. But I am willing to try. I want this to be a happy two years for both of us. Can you try to do the same?"

She could only nod in response.

"That's not all," I continued.

She sighed as if to say what else could there be but she wasn't ready for the next part.

"After the wedding we will have to spend three days locked away from everyone else on the island. As part of the proof that the marriage has been consummated, there will be a guard in the room for the days and nights we are sequestered," I said.

Her shocked eyes were bulging out of their sockets as she protested.

"No way. Not a chance. I have to fuck you. I'm not having a fan club watching me as well. No way, Richard. Figure out a way out of this one because I'm not having my first time with an audience. Bad enough it has to be with a man I am forced to marry."

More words slapping me. I knew she'd feel this way but it still hurt to hear. I was a little surprised to hear that she was still a virgin though. This would definitely complicate things. My face must have betrayed my feelings because she went quiet right after the outburst.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean it like that. I just thought my first time would be different. I'm sorry."

My voice was small and quiet as I explained. "He doesn't sit there watching. He makes sure that we consummate the marriage each day for three days as required by our laws. Once he knows for certain then he leaves until the next day. But we are there for three days and only exit the rooms and surrounding waterfront after the time has passed. Think of it as a honeymoon."

She came to me as I finished talking and wrapped her arms around me.

"Richard, I have known you my whole life. I never really thought of you in this way before. Until now I had been looking at boys my own age. It will take me a bit of time to digest all this. Please forgive my words," she said softly.

Then she surprised me. With her small hand she pulled my face down to hers and kissed me. A long powerful kiss. When we finally parted I couldn't remember my own name. All I could do was look into her eyes.

"Now I'm afraid again," she said.

My eyes questioning, she pressed her hips forward and her mound rubbed against my bulging cock. I hadn't noticed but I had gotten rock hard instantly when we kissed.

"Don't be. I promised I will never hurt you," I said.

"You're going to have to be gentle with me. That is bigger than I imagined one to be," She giggled at me as left my rooms.

That evening supper was a lively affair. The people of the island had been informed of the wedding and now accepted the outsiders as part of their family. They understood why they were here and no longer wanted them sent to the jungle. They had decided to celebrate the upcoming union by holding a huge party outside in our honor. The king was at the head of the table with me to his right. Ashley sat across from me and smiled the whole time. Everyone toasted to the future bride and groom. Chris and Charlene sat further down the table with Erica. She was caught up in the goings on but Chris and Charlene ate in silence. Forced smiles flashed briefly when they were spoken to.

Ashley took her cues from me and the king about what to drink when offered. Some of those drinks were loaded with alcohol. Some would have knocked her out there and then. Growing up with them was one thing. Not drinking your whole life and then suddenly trying them could be dangerous. After supper we went outside to join the party. Cheers went up as Ashley and I exited the huge front doors. Still in her white outfit she glowed with the firelight. We danced and listened to the people play music. Most didn't know the origins of the songs they were singing but Ashley and I, as well as her family, knew the songs well. As the evening wound down we prepared to part for the night. Ashley had managed to sneak a weak drink into her system and was a little tipsy when she came over to say goodnight.

"I want another kiss like this afternoon," she said. "and don't be stingy."

It seemed part of her was coming to accept our soon-to-be union. As she wrapped her arms around my neck I leaned down and kissed her. Long, hard and passionately. When we parted I whispered in her ear that I promised to do much better at, and after the wedding.

"You'd better. I'm holding you to that," she whispered as the back of her hand brushed against the bulge in my pants. I had my back to everyone but I was sure someone had seen. I had heard a small female giggle.

Her parents had been waiting in the shadow and approached when she left to back to her room accompanied by four huge guards.

"I'm sorry," Charlene started but I interrupted her.

"Don't. There's no need. I can understand and appreciate where you're coming from. That's your little girl. You have every right."

"That's fine. And you're right, but that's not all I wanted to say," she continued. "I wanted to thank you for coming down here. We of all people understand what you're giving up back home to help us. To save us. To give our children another chance at life because their first chance was taken from them by my husband and his pride."

"Charlene, don't. You don't want to go down that path. If you start blaming one another then you lose sight of finding a solution." I turned to face Chris. "You need help. But you both need to remember; everything we're doing right now can be undone in the future. It can all be put back the way it was and she can continue her life after me if she wants. I just couldn't leave you to this fate. I alone had the power to come here and help. I couldn't have lived with myself if I hadn't tried. As for my home life, I'll deal with that when I get back. It's not going to be easy for any of us."

"Kind of you to say Richard but Charlene's right," Chris said. "I caused all this. I crashed our boat and almost killed my wife and kids. Now because of my actions you are going to lose your girlfriend and kids to save me and mine. Nothing about this is fair to you. But all that being said, I don't want my daughter hurt. I have no right to ask or demand but it's the way I feel." He fell silent then and his eyes wandered to the ground in front of his feet.

Pulling his gaze back up to mine with my fingers under his chin, I looked at him.

"You are her father. You have every right to demand that the man beside her take care of her and treat her right. If you truly feel bad and want to make up for what's happening, get some help. That would be the best way to make it up to her. As for me, there's nothing to make up. I chose to help," I replied.

They both nodded not knowing what else to say and made their way back to their room.

That night I thought long and hard about what was going on. I had been so consumed with what was happening around me that I had refused to spend time thinking about what was to come. I had thought about it the whole voyage down but that was a game of 'what if.' Now it was real and happening. I was about to let go of a girlfriend of eighteen years, possibly lose the respect of my children, all to save the young woman I was secretly in love with, and her family. 'They go to the same school. They'd have to see each other every day,' I thought. While Ashley would know the truth, my daughter wouldn't. She'd think I just left for a much younger woman. One day I'd be able to tell them, but not any time soon. 'When they were old enough to keep the island's secrets' I promised myself. Sleep came hard that night. When I woke the next morning I was still exhausted, emotionally and physically.

I took Ashley and Erica to see the village and the market. They were surprised that nothing cost anything. I explained that there was no money here, and that because they were traveling with a prince, they wouldn't have had to trade for things anyway. Afterwards I took them by horse to the edge where the jungle began. A large wooden fence blocked access all around except for a wide set of doors out in the open. The fence wound over to meet it, and then continued on after it sloping back towards the jungle.

"This is where we would have been brought, isn't it? Erica asked.

"Yes sweetheart," I replied.

"How many have gone through those gates?" she continued.

"None during my time here. And from what I've been told, only one boat ever made landfall here in my eighteen years being gone. A captain and his two crewmen and they were not friendly. They were lost and when they landed they behaved in a manner more like pirates. We lost four guards capturing them." I tried to keep my tone matter-of-fact but some of the edge seeped through.

"How is it done? I mean they couldn't they just figure out a way to climb back over the fence?" she asked.

"I hope to never see or hear it. Every time I look over at this wall I pray the island can remain a secret. In this case they had been wounded while being captured. They would not have been able to climb back. Their only safety would have been to stay by the doors until nightfall. But once dark, creatures from the jungle would have ventured out and found them," I explained.

The girls remained silent until we had passed the huge gate and even then they kept glancing back as we rode, imagining what could have been.

Back at the castle for lunch Charlene came to get the girls just as we finished eating. There were preparations to make for tomorrow and Ashley was needed. My wife-to-be hesitated before walking away and I could tell she was fighting something inside. Eventually resolve found her face and she came over and kissed me. Her hand cupped my face as she put her lips to mine. Softly but firmly our lips touched. Our mouths opening as the kiss suddenly became more passionate and intense, I felt her tongue explore mine. Both her hands were holding my face now and I could feel her tears falling against my cheeks. When she finally pulled away I could tell that she was shaken. "Thank you Richard. Thank you for coming to save us," was all she could get out before her voice broke. Then she was off to prepare for tomorrow. Charlene looked long at me before giving me a small smile and following after her daughters.

Word had been sent to the village and the place was a frenzy of chatter and activities. Everybody was looking for something nice to wear and nobody knew if a gift was required. What did you get for a prince and a western woman as a gift from this small island? Most of the women set about gathering flowers to bring to the ceremony while the men gathered more food for tomorrow's festivities. Fruits, vegetables, and meat were all taken to the palace for the staff to prepare for the banquet afterwards. The king watched the activity from the small front gate of the palace grounds. He liked being down with his people but while the outsiders were here he had to maintain the facade they had created so long ago to keep this place from falling apart.

Strolling into my rooms I took a moment to get a good look at where I had lived and what I would be leaving behind again. As with most of the palace the walls were a soft white with a neat solid trim around the floors, doors and windows. The trim was painted a different color and set to match the room. In mine they had been painted a soft blue to match the curtains and bedding. Stone was a hard material to quarry here with so few people so all of the furniture was made of solid wood that had been scavenged from the boats used to bring us here. All had been carved and painted to match the room as well. Small stone carvings found around the island had been brought in and a few sat on one of my dressers. A small figure of a man holding a candle standing bedside a delicately carved wolf that looked to be protecting him was the centerpiece. Other carved animals were set on the dresser as well but none were as well done as that one was. The bed was massive. With a frame to hold a king size mattress and thick solid supports for the sheer curtains meant to keep the bugs out while you slept. It took up a good portion of the room by the door to the deck. White sheets and blue accessories finished off the room. It was designed to be comforting to a prince when his day was done from all his duties. Duties I had left behind so long ago. The bookshelf on the left hand wall held copies of most of the island rules in general. Those were meant to be a reference for me in case I needed to settle a dispute. I had never used them but I had read them all. I hadn't planned to leave so suddenly but issues arose and I had decided that it was the quickest way to deal with them. I wasn't one to be forced into things like leading and didn't want to tell people how to live. Rob was better at that than me and my leaving was the only way to make it happen. A wave of sorrow washed over me as I thought of what my life would have been like if I had stayed. How different things would have been. Then I thought of my two precious girls and imagined my life without them. This train of thought was starting to ruin my mood so I quickly changed it. What is done is done and the only path is forward. Changes will be made once we get home and everybody is safe. Then I'd worry about picking up the pieces. For now I had to get my friends home, and somehow convince Ashley that my feelings for her were true, even though I had never expressed them to her before.

I wandered over to the west wing to see how things were coming along but was stopped gently by Henry. He muttered something about me not being allowed to see the bride and gave me an odd expression. "That's a western custom Henry," I said. "it holds no power here."

"Like hell it doesn't Richard! Get lost!" came Charlene's voice from the open door to Ashley's room. Muffled giggling from Erica floated through right afterwards. Henry looked at me and I just shrugged.

"There are battles you must fight in life Henry. This isn't one of them. I know how to choose. See you at supper." He shrugged as well and I turned to go find Rob.

"You seem to be winning her over, little brother. Did your idea work?" Rob asked.

"I believe the visit to the wall had the desired affect. They were both scared by what could have been. I didn't want to force it like that but I needed them to know how serious this was. Whether she falls in love with me or not she will understand that this was to save their lives. That it wasn't an empty threat to force her to get married. I just wish I had more time," I replied.

"The wedding ceremony will take care of the rest Richard. Have faith in our customs. They haven't failed us yet," he said.

"When are you going to partake in our customs, big brother?" I replied with a hint of sarcasm.

"I am already spoken for. I have already devoted myself. There is no more room in my life for anything else right now," he said quietly.

Same argument and same reasons. Hadn't changed in eighteen years. I smiled and got up to go get ready for supper.

"And it won't change this time either, Rob. I promise. Back soon."

I got changed for supper and wandered back over to the west wing. Henry didn't try to prevent me from getting to her door this time when I shook my head slowly to let him know I wasn't going to be stopped. I knocked softly and Charlene opened the door.

"I said no, Richard," she growled.

"Unfortunately that is not the custom of the island and Ashley's presence is required at dinner. You may hide her away afterwards but she will be there. We have bent other rules to accommodate but in this, it is required." I spoke with as much of a regal tone as I could muster. "If it concerns you so much we can have a second wedding when we get home and we can do things to western specifics."

She visibly winced with my suggestion and I could see the realization cross her face that she was not going to win this time.

"We'll be there," was all she said before the door closed softly.

Not a great way to get off to a start with the in-laws but we had to deal with the situation as is, not what we desired.

Supper tonight had a different seating arrangement. Rob and I took second seats leaving the head of the table free for Ashley. She was being invited into the family and she was the guest of honor. Spaces had been reserved beside me for Erica and Charlene while a spot beside Rob was reserved for Chris. Henry was worried and hovered near by, and I could see Rob's dagger behind his belt. I sighed and the thought came to me again that we had to deal with what was and not what we desired. Erica came in followed by her parents and took their seats. Erica was next to me and she was trying so hard to hide her bubbling excitement that I almost asked if she was OK. I knew it would have something to do with Ashley so I held my tongue and waited for the surprise.

Two guards entered the room and stopped. The music played by the band hidden in an alcove suddenly changed. It was softer tune but played a little louder. As if on cue, Ashley stepped from around the corner and stopped between the guards. She was a vision of beauty. Her brown, wavy hair had been pulled back in a tight pony tail and her makeup was flawless. Soft tones highlighted her cheekbones and her eyes were done in soft light browns that accented her green eyes. Her lips were a soft pink that filled me with desire instantly. Her shirt was in the style of the island. Soft white, and moderately see-through. Her perfect breasts could be seen faintly but there was no mistaking her tiny nipples pressing against the fabric. Tradition was to do away with undergarments but I wondered quickly how many others present were feeling what I was because of that shirt. Her skirt was light blue that went down past her knees. Light grey sandals finished off her attire. I reminded myself to start breathing again as Rob and I stood. The guards, taking their cue, escorted Ashley to the table and bowed deeply before taking up posts one behind me, and one behind Rob. I couldn't take my eyes from her as she slowly lowered herself to her seat. She sat down so delicately and gracefully that both Rob and I looked like fumbling idiots when we finally got our asses planted again. I was glad to see that someone had taken the time to teach Ashley a few of the island's customs, and that she had paid attention. She looked around at everyone present with the elegance of a princess and clapped her hands twice. Servants came in bringing wine and the island's version of a salad. Supper was started.