The Island Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One day as she was sitting on the usual bench by herself and feeling the rays of the sun on her skinny body, she suddenly heard a voice beside her: "Hello! I'm Brynhild!" The voice cut through the silence and haze and reached her brain.

She tried looking sideways, and out of the corner of her eyes saw a small, brown-haired, smiling girl sitting down in the other end of the bench.

"Meet my mother! She has Alzheimer's and cancer. Say hello, Mum!"

In front of the woman beside her was a wheelchair with a very small, almost transparent, frail, wrinkled and very old woman. Her rasping voice sounded like sandpaper on wood: "Hello. It's so nice to come out in the sun, and you know I have a daughter much like you?"

She pointed a bony finger at Brynhild, who laughed.

"I AM your daughter, Mom!"

"Well so nice of you two to visit me today."

Brynhild apparently gave up and was silent for a few minutes. Then she almost whispered in Elizabeth's direction: "Now sit absolutely still. Do not turn you head. I know you should not be here at all and I've been watching you and looking into your history. It is about time, we get you out of here. Don't you think?"

Brynhild actually did not realize she had asked a question, but Elisabeth uttered some incomprehensible noises in reply.

"Now listen. I need about week to get everything ready, and I will do my regular every second day visits to my mother. If it is at all possible, try to get the battle-axe that's bringing you out here to move you two benches down. The CCTV cameras does not cover the last bench here. If you can't then we'll manage anyway, but try!"

Again, Elizabeth made some noises down her throat.

"Whatever you do, don't look in my direction when we meet and don't show any signs that we are in contact please!"

Brynhild thought she saw her head roll almost invisible a few times.

"OK then. Come on mother. Better get you back. Tea time."

Brynhild got up and drove the old woman away.

She did not turn and look back and Elizabeth stayed still with her eyes fixed on a spot in the lawn.

--

A week passed. To Elizabeth it could have been two days or a year. Nothing changed. Except she did manage to point to the bench down the path a few times, and eventually Nurse Patterson understood, and moved her afternoons in the sun to there.

She probably thought the sun shone on that bench longer than the one, she had placed Elizabeth on till now.

Brynhild and her mother came by now and then, but there were no contact between them, even though they sat close to each other a few times.

Brynhild had carefully selected the bench. Not only was it in a complete dead angle for the internal cameras, it was also very close to a path meandering from the entrance to the Manor. Not the main one, but a smaller, winding one that Brynhild used all the time when she came and went to visit her mother.

Then came the day. Brynhild and her mother stayed for a shorter period than usual, and as she was rolling the old woman back and passed Elisabeth, she whispered out of the side of her mouth: "This is it. Be alert. Back in a jiffy".

- And so she was. Cautiously avoiding the cameras again, she suddenly

- sat next to Elizabeth: "Are you ready? Let's go!".

Out of the shoulder bag, she always carried, she dragged a black blanket and meticulously placed it in Elisabeth's empty wheelchair. Then pulled a grey wig out of the bag and pressed it down over Elizabeth's bald head saying: "This is one of a few my mother had made, when she went through her first chemo-sessions. Perfect!" She smiled.

She had no problems lifting Elizabeth's skinny body off the bench and into the wheelchair.

Then she wrapped the blanket tightly around her and closed it with a couple of safety pins.

"Now, keep your head down, and we will be out of here in no time."

Whistling a cheerful tune and as with no cares in the world Brynhild rolled the chair to the entrance.

She greeted the guard and they exchanged a few pleasantries.

He was used to Brynhild taking her mother for a spin, and usually having coffee and cakes in the nearby village.

In the parking lot, where she had taken great care parking in a dead angle from the cameras, she lifted Elizabeth into the passenger seat of her white Porsche, folded the chair and got it into the back with some skill. Quietly swearing to herself for having a car with such limited luggage capacity.

As they drove out of the car park, Brynhild knew they were in a hurry and she had to act fast.

She drove down the lane with normal speed, but as soon as she was out of sight from the gate, she pressed the speeder down and raced on.

A few miles down the road, she parked by a small lay-by surrounded by trees and with a "P" sign by the road.

She lifted Elizabeth out of the car, and dragged her into the undergrowth, placing her back against a large tree trunk. She was now invisible from the road.

Then she pulled the wig off her bald head.

"Now, dear! Sit still here. I have something I need to do in a hurry. I'll come back for you as soon as possible. Not to worry. I won't leave you here!"

Brynhild was not sure if she got a response, but hurried back to the car.

Here she opened the trunk, and pulled out an inflatable sex-doll. Using her lungs, she inflated it to almost full size, then stuck it in the passenger seat and mounted the wig and the black blanket.

She made sure the doll had its head down, and at a quick glance could convince anybody that it was the same person as before.

Then she raced back to the Manor.

Chapter Five - 400.000 BC - Life Starts Again

by o_girl © 2024

The earth had still not come to rest. Volcanoes erupted and the earth shook periodically.

Seasons of extreme heat and sunshine changed with chilling temperatures, torrential rains, and storms.

In one corner of the world - far away from our island - an upright monkey started its long evolutionary path. Later to be known as Homo Sapiens.

The moveable thumb and the upright walk, combined with the ability to make simple stone tools, made this hairless and vulnerable animal survive and prosper.

However, our island lay unaffected by this. The underground activity had almost ceased, and the middle of the island had sunk into a flat caldera. Surrounded by an edge of ragged leftovers from the volcanic activity.

Another of the many tsunamis took place. Resulting in a small, steep mountain on the North side of the island being pushed up. Including the now fossilised remnants of the Mosausarus embedded deep in the rock.

Heavy rains had seeped through the crevices and cracks. Washing away the softer material and creating caves and reservoirs where fresh water from the rains made small ponds deep inside the rock.

Some water found a way back to the ocean. One big stream washed a cave out on the east side. Silt and deposits created a small beach in front of this natural cave.

On the West side, tectonic activity pressed the ocean bottom up. Exposing a dark, graphite coloured layer in the now almost vertical chalk surface. This thin layer was the visible remnants of the catastrophe, and those earlier dark days.

It stood out as a distinct grey-black line in the white. A contrast to the white chalk.

Inside the now sunken, flat area of the island surrounded by the protective edge of ragged rock, very tiny one-celled beings started to prosper.

Water, sun, and wind made conditions ideal for these microscopic beings.

As they died, their remains piled up to create a layer of soft, spongy, and rotting debris.

Seaweed washed up on the shores, rotted and made conditions favourable for more one-celled beings.

One day a white and grey bird circled the island. Thermal conditions because of the sunny and warm day enabled the bird to glide without much effort - around and around.

After a while it was satisfied the place was safe, so it landed.

It found the debris and soft, mushy green cover of the rocks satisfactory and made a nest.

Soon other birds of the same kind found their way to the island, and a noisy colony formed.

Their Guano provided further nourishment, seeds passing undigested through them started sprouting.

After storms driftwood landed on the shores. Some having a few good seeds still clinging on. Some of these sprouted and began growing.

The birds had a paradise for a while as the island gradually provided more and more shelter by grasses and small bushes.

One day a rather large branch floated on to the shore. It still had a lot of foliage and had been drifting relatively fast from the mainland.

It brought a small group of hairy mammals that jumped on to land.

They were of a species that had been on Earth for quite a while. Surviving by being small and fast.

They were warm-blooded and had teeth suitable for eating berries, soft leaves and grasses, small insects and worms and not being very particular about their diet.

They soon found the island a heaven.

They emptied nests. They raided eggs and baby birds indiscriminately. From time to time they even teamed up and had a full-grown bird for dinner.

In a very short period they had 'exiled' the birds to the large cliff on the north side of the island.

The steep sides offering some protection from the greedy critters.

The Guano and fish leftovers that had made growth difficult, faded away and the main part of the island became green again.

The mix of seeds, excrement, twigs, and plant material made fertile ground for lichen, small heather variations with very small but colourful flowers. Sea Buckthorn clung stubbornly on to the thin layer of soil. Sedge bushes and Juniper appeared in a few places.

One day even Sitka Spruces began spreading from the partly sheltered inner caldera of the island.

Years passed - many years - and the island became home to more and more, and bigger and bigger vegetation and trees.

Chapter Six - 5 Years Ago - Cloak, Dagger, and Clever Plans

by o_girl © 2024

As Brynhild reached the entrance to "The Whispering Pines", she stopped and greeted the guard.

"Not a long trip this time, Miss?"

"No, my mother got grumpy, so no coffee and cakes today. Happens sometimes. Maybe she remembers something and is aware of her situation. I don't know."

"Sorry to hear. You seem to be a good daughter, Miss!"

"Don't know about that, but at least she has settled down and are taking a nap now, so I had better get her back to her rooms."

The guard lifted a hand to his cap as a greeting and lifted the barrier across the road up for her.

She took a deep breath and parked in the same corner as before.

She took the wheelchair out and arranged the doll in a seated and rug-covered position with the grey wig still in place. Then pushed it on the winding path to the bench.

A few minutes later, she had deflated the doll and put the wig, the doll, and the blanket back in her shoulder bag. Leaving the wheelchair, she whistled a cheerful tune as she walked back to the car. Greeting the guard once more on her way out. So far, so good.

--

Elizabeth had not moved, when she got back, and she had no problem lifting her skinny body and folding her into the passenger seat.

About an hour later they arrived at Brynhild's mother's summer cottage by the sea.

She lifted Elizabeth out very gently and carried her in the house.

Here she undressed her and placed her flat on a soft blanket on the floor. Then went to fill the bathtub.

Lots of natural oil and soap went into the water, so when she gently carried Elizabeth to the bath and lowered her into it, she got the first real reaction.

A series of sounds emanating from her throat that could be interpreted as content.

She sat down on a chair next to the bathtub and kept a watchful eye on Elizabeth, while she found the mobile phone and pressed a number. It rang for quite a while.

Then the connection was made, and a kind of grunt sounded at the other end.

"Hi, Starfucker. It's Bryn. Go ahead with step one."

She did not wait for a reply, but cut the connection.

Then she washed Elizabeth very gently with a soft sponge. Getting into every nook and cranny of her body, and taking special care with the welts and bruises.

Before the water turned tepid, she lifted her out and carried her to the blanket in the living room again.

Here she rubbed her with ointment and oil and then stood back and smiled at her work.

Elizabeth was still far away, and her pupils were still almost pin-sized.

She gathered the white pinafore dress, and plugged the phone apart. Then she stuck

everything in the cast iron wood-stove and put a match to it. She had prepared it in advance, so the well-laid fire quickly turned both the phone and the dress to ashes.

Turning her attention back to Elizabeth, she lifted her up once more and carried her out of the back door, across the lawn, and through an almost invisible opening in the bushes and trees dividing her mother's house from the neighbours.

Here she had also prepared everything. She had put a heavy piece of plastic film under the sheet over the double bed and from each corner post, she had tied a silk scarf.

She spread Elizabeth out on her back like an 'X', tied her wrists and ankles with the scarfs and leaned over her.

"Now, they have made you an addict, but we will cure that. This is going to be hard, but I will be here and will help you. I'm sorry to tie you down, but when the drugs start wearing off, you will be in hell. So, it's for your own good!" She did not know if she actually 'came through' the haze and Elizabeth registered, but for now it would have to do.

"The house next door is my mother's, but I am 'house sitting' this one next to it. The owners are somewhere warm, gulping red wine and enjoying their old age, and you might wonder why we are here, but if the police come by looking for you, they will go to the house next door, so you are safe here!"

She gave Elizabeth her best smile, but were still no reaction.

She caressed Elizabeth's cheek. "I have to go next door for a moment and clear things off. I'll hurry back. No one can harm you here. Try to relax."

Ten minutes later, she was back and all seemed OK.

She did one last thing: she checked the moving sensor that overlooked the garden and front lawn at the other house, and turned on the TV, making sure the little webcam hidden in the birdhouse on the front of the roof showed the full picture of the area overlooking the lawn and parking spot next door.

Then she laid down close to Elizabeth, swung an arm over her body, and pulled the duvet, warmly covering them both together.

Chapter Seven - Present Day - Buying An Island

by o_girl © 2024

Bryn and Sunny rose early despite having had a rather late and inspiring night!

They shared the little hot water the electric heated tank on the wall in the bathroom provided to take a quick, common shower! Packed up and went downstairs and entered the pub by the outside door.

They chose the same window table as the night before and sat down in the otherwise empty Inn.

There was a distinct smell of coffee and roasted bacon coming from an open door behind the bar.

A woman appeared in the doorway., looking red-faced and chubby.

She wiped her hands in her apron: "Good morning, ladies! I'll have breakfast ready in a moment!"

They thanked her, and she vanished through the door again.

Shortly after she returned with to very large plates. Filled with a "Full English Breakfast". It included everything:

bacon, bangers, eggs, black pudding, baked beans, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, and fried bread!

A minute later she landed a pot of steaming hot coffee on the table in front of them.

"All right, ladies? Let me know if you need anything! I hear you are going out to sea

today, so eat up. You need a full stomach to venture out in old Trawler Jones' excuse for a boat!"

"Oh!" Sunny looked up. "But the weather seems fine, and we are only going for a swing around the island out there?"

"I know", a shadow passed over the woman's face and her smile suddenly froze: "Are you sure you want that? Not a good place to go!"

Bryn paused the fork halfway between the plate and her mouth: "Well. It's just an island and we're just going to take a closer look!"

"Hm. no-one goes near the place. Except old Tom. He goes out once a month to inspect and refill the tank for the generator in the lighthouse. He never lands on the island itself. No-one does. It is a bad place with many evil rumours to it!"

"Rumours never killed anyone, and we certainly don't worry about them", smiled Bryn.

"Well. Please enjoy your breakfast while it is hot, and do I hope you get back in one piece".

With these words, the woman disappeared back into the kitchen and they continued to dig into the large meal.

About an hour later they were down by the harbour.

"The Lily Rose" was easy to spot with its red steering house at the back. Even though red might be an exaggeration. It was a long time since the wood had seen a paintbrush.

They did not have to wait for long: "Good morning, ladies. Ready for a small excursion?" Trawler stuck his head up from somewhere below deck.

"Indeed, we are, and very eager to have a closer look at the island," Bryn said as Trawler gave them both a welcoming, but crushing handshake.

They got on board, and were instructed to sit on a small bench in front of the steering house.

Trawler dived down again through a hatch in front of them. Strange clanking and banging sounds came up through the hatch.

Sunny whispered. "I'm not sure this is the idea of the century!"

"Relax. Besides he was the only one volunteering to take us. So, we have no other choices."

A loud bang accompanied by a bluish cloud came up from the hatch, and they could hear Trawler cough below.

A minute later a kind of arhythmic sound started below, then turned more consistent,

until finally another loud bang, which was increasing and sounded more consistent in rhythm, and in a lower key which told them the engine was running.

Trawler popped up from below: "So, we are ready to rock and roll, ladies. These old engines start up on petrol, then run on kerosene. Very economical!"

Trawler - in spite of his large, round body - had an amazing agility as he jumped back and forth releasing the moorings. Then the boat swung out and chugged out of the harbour.

They caught the waves as soon as they were clear of the opening between the two piers.

Sunny showed Bryn what she held in her hands: Their mobile GPS: "I've switched our GPS on, Bryn. So, we will know the safe way out there and around the island!"

"Good thinking, my love!" Bryn took the binoculars out of the holster round her neck and had a look round. "One can just about see the island from here. Perfect!"

"If you say so, Bryn!"

A grey and depressing sky hung overhead, and the cold wind got through their all-weather coats as they sat on the exposed position in front of the steering house.

The light house came closer and closer and soon they could distinguish details.

A grey stone pillar. Weather worn and on a black, ragged rock sticking up from the sea. The rail around the platform at the top and the one from some unseen landing spot at the edge of the cliff to a door on the side, looked rusty and had missing pieces here and there.

The took turns using the binoculars.

Suddenly Sunny smiled and started singing: "I wanna marry a lighthouse keeper, and keep him company - tra la la la...hehe".

"No singing, ladies!" Trawler's deep voice boomed from an open side window in the steering house.

"Sorry, Sir" they said in unison.

"He's really serious about this island. Like the rest of those villagers," Bryn gave Sunny a comforting smile and put an arm around her shoulder holding her close.