The Keys Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is someone there?" a gruff, annoyed, sleepy voice called into the night. Lydia recognized the voice of Kerri's dad.

Lydia held the fence door in position to prevent it from creaking and carefully sidled around it to the front. The hardest part was squeezing and her breasts through the space between the door and the fence without moving it too much. Then she had to get creative with her hips to move her way through the opening. She made it though and looked toward Kerri's window to ensure that there was no light there too. Thankfully, it seemed that Kerri's dad was the only one roused by the commotion Lydia had caused.

"Must be an animal, I guess. Need to get that fence fixed," Lydia heard the groggy voice murmur. A sleepy yawn followed.

Phew...

Lydia sighed softly. It was over. She shut the gate with an affirmative *click* and then turned toward the street.

"What was that? Who's there?" the voice, suddenly alert, called out in alarm.

Without thinking, Lydia sprinted away from the fence toward the sidewalk and into the full light of the streetlamps with reckless abandon. Not even waiting to check that the street was clear of people or traffic, Lydia raced at full speed down the sidewalk bounding past the houses and cars. She did not look back, so she would have to wait until she saw Kerri again to know if she had been seen or, even worse, recognized. The floodlight on the second house burst into life once more as she passed. This time, however, she heard the booming bark of a dog within that must have heard her thudding down the sidewalk.

Lydia was single-minded though and nearly did not even notice these things. With long strides and arms swinging, she rounded the "lucky" stop sign on the corner and headed toward the street adjacent to the trail. Now out of view of Kerri's house, Lydia looked behind to see yet another heart-wrenching sight. Every one of her steps leading away from Kerri's house was marked with a wet footprint and scattered droplets. This far away, they were of course quite faint. But Lydia could easily envision the clarity with which Kerri's dad would be able to see them on the sidewalk outside his house and follow them straight to her.

She let out a hushed moan in dismay and kept running. Her breasts, usually secured by a bra, flailed wildly as she went. Her saving grace for this relatively small issue was that she had B-cup-sized breasts that, while sizeable enough for her liking, did not weigh her down the way a larger cup size might. In retrospect, she could not believe that this, of all things, was what she was thinking about as she streaked through Kerri's neighborhood completely bare, dripping wet, and trying to escape unseen.

Lydia rounded the next corner and crossed the street diagonally to reach the gap between two houses that she had used to enter the neighborhood just a short time ago. She was panting and out of breath, and still quite damp with pool water. She figured that her body would be dry in no time, but her hair would take just a little bit longer. It still clung to her neck and now strands from her bangs, freed from the hair tie, now laid about her forehead. What a disheveled sight she must be, she thought to herself.

From the obscurity of the shadows between the two silent houses, she took one last look behind her to see if her fears would be realized. Would she see Kerri's dad lumbering down the street after her? Perhaps the beams of two headlights as a car drove after her in search of a naked interloper? None of these things happened, however. Lydia had made it.

She moved toward the tree line where the trail waited for her just beyond and carefully stepped into the forest. Lydia took a deep breath as she went tried to calm herself down. The air turned to mist as it fled between her lips. She lightly massaged her breasts and wiped lingering water droplets from her front, her back, and off her legs.

Lydia contemplated what she had just been through as she wrung her hair to get what water out that she could. She had the first key. This was the first real triumph of the night. The rest of the night would go more smoothly. It had to be better than what she had just done. It just had to be.

Either way, though, she would have to face it. There was no choice. The only way to access her house key was in that box hidden near the park. And the only way to access that box was to get the five remaining keys that she had scattered around town. She spat the faint taste of chlorine water from her mouth, positioned the key in her hand in such a way as to allow her to put her hair back in order. Clothed only by branches and scattered leaves, Lydia pressed onward into the forest leaving the bright streetlamps of Kerri's neighborhood behind.


12