The Kink List Ch. 01

Story Info
New-age couple take a Kink compatibility test.
4.4k words
4.44
5.3k
7

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 04/13/2024
Created 04/04/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One

{This is a series about an alternative new-age couple in the UK, who when they meet for the first time take a Sex Compatibility Quiz. This reveals a range of shared kinks that play out over their first few dates together. I hope you enjoy it. These are some of my own fantasies. Some with broad appeal, others perhaps more niche. It is all written with a sensitivity and a level of heat and intimacy that I hope most people will resonate with, even if they don't share the same interests. Your feedback is most welcome! Please leave a rating.}

Chapter One.

Jason woke just after 3am, as he so often did these days. He groped for his watch on the nightstand forgetting he'd left a half full glass of water next to it. He sat up sharply as the glass fell, sending water cascading over the edge onto the carpet and his clothes from the night before.

"Fuck!"

He cursed as he swung his legs over the edge and stood up bleary eyed. Yesterday had been a bloody shit show and today was off to the worst possible start. He stumbled over wet clothes and pushed open the door to his en-suite. Turning on the lights and grabbing a towel off the rack, he moved back to his bedside and began moping at the receding pool of water that had initially beaded on the surface of the carpet. He did what he could and threw the lot into the washing basket on the first floor hallway. In no mood for a shower and more wet towels, he dressed quickly in fresh clothes and headed downstairs for coffee and his vape.

Jason lived in the South West of the UK. He shared a small 2 bedroom Victorian terrace on the edge of town within walking distance of the train station and the supermarket. His housemate Steve worked continental shifts at a boutique hotel up on the common and didn't appreciate being woken before his already unhappy alarm at 5.30am. So Jason tried to be quiet as he boiled the kettle and spooned instant coffee into his favourite mug. Last night's takeaway had been cleared and he had wiped down the worktop before bed, but he could still smell the remains of his chow mein in the bin so taking his coffee, Jason moved to the Living room to check his email.

Opening his laptop, he clicked on the mail icon and put his feet up on the coffee table. Immediately the day took a turn for the better. He'd had a match on Plenty of Fish, the online dating forum he used. Because it was free and because he hated Tinder, Jason had gone the extra mile in his profile, selecting a couple of his best pictures and paying careful attention to his About Me section. Jason was a Circus performer. Ever since he'd been 8 yrs old and had seen the acrobats tumbling and turning far above the crowd at Edward Deans Circus he had wanted to perform. He was between tours but currently rehearsing a new show with his troop which would kick off in Somerset, in the late Spring.

This career, whilst admittedly not well paid, did have some perks. The pictures taken professionally by photographers during last summer's final show were especially good. They showed Jason's lithe body and, well ok, his somewhat average face off beautifully, stage lighting and smoke machines adding atmosphere and drama. His life as a Circus Performer was unlikely to appeal to your typical girl-next-door, but that wasn't what he was looking for anyway. The town was full of alternative people, living alternative lifestyles and Jason was hopeful he would meet someone with edgy tastes and an interesting personality. She would need to be hot too, of course, but conventionally pretty? No.

Jason found that many people who were not generally accepted as good looking, could exude sex appeal. It was a confidence thing in part yes, but also in the way they filled their own skin and in the way they dressed and acted. He was looking for a meaningful relationship, not just a hookup. He was going to be 30 in July this year and whilst he enjoyed casual sex as much as the next man, he wanted someone to share his life with and make memories with. He wanted a best friend and a lover, he wanted a family too. His parents were still together and very happy after 32 years of marriage and Jason wanted that life partnership himself. Too many of his friends or acquaintances had experience of a broken home or divorce. It was something of a modern epidemic in Britain over the last few decades so far as he could tell.

Opening the link in his email, his browser showed a girl in her early 30s with dark, mid length curly hair and deep hazel eyes. She had a cute smile, pale complexion and a curvy medium build. Her name was Sarah and the app said she was only 4.4 miles away. Her message read,

Hi Jason! I loved reading your profile. I hope we can talk?

Kind Regards S

He opened her Bio and read through the details.

Sarah - Aged 32, Gender - Female, Pronouns, not given.

Lives in Gloucestershire. UK.

About Me.

I am a fit and healthy girl from the West Country. I like moonlit walks, coffee at sunrise, cats and Sunday mornings. I run my own business in Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality. I have a large, eclectic, mostly non-disfunctional family, who are local to the area and have been for generations. I take my 85 yr old grandmother groceries on a Saturday morning and we talk about the meaning of life while I weed her small garden terrace, process her mail and paperwork. I am hoping to meet an interesting, kind and thoughtful guy with a similar background who shares my world view and who hopefully, my cats and my Gran also like. If they don't like you, you're screwed!.

Jason opened the message and replied,

Hi Sarah, I'm rubbish at Yoga but I love cats! I would love to talk with you. How does tomorrow night at 7pm work?

He clicked Send, then went back for more coffee, lighter on his feet than he had been just 10 mins ago.

Arriving at work later that morning, Jason stepped into the old gypsy wagon around the back of the Big Top. The large canvas structure had been erected for three weeks now on privately owned farmland just to the north of the town's outer limits. This was where his Troop, The Cotswold Players had their pre-season rehearsals before each year's summer tour.

"Morning! Hoping for a better day today Jay?"

Bronwyn, who rode horses and juggled fire in the show, was an athletic girl with natural red hair in two long braids that fell loosely over each shoulder and ended with twisted ribbons of black silk. She was wearing a pair of white, saddle stained Jhodpurs, brown leather riding boots and a thick brown woollen fleece that was too big for her and had loose bits of straw and hay stuck to it. She glanced up at him and smiled mischievously.

"Yeah yeah. I know," said Jason. "I'll have a bruise on my shin for weeks after that fiasco..."

Jason had missed his hold at the end of a particularly wide trapeze swing yesterday. He'd just managed to hold on one-handed, until the arc reached its midpoint closer to the ground. He let go, landing on hay and straw but hitting his shin against the wooden box that Bronwyn used to mount and dismount the huge Shire horse that she rode to close out the show. As a precaution, he'd gone to minor injuries for an x-ray. He was fine, no broken bones, just wounded pride and a bruise he knew he would have for a while.

"Today should be a big improvement, I have a date later."

He had a silly grin on his face and Bronwyn's eyes twinkled as she laughed,

"Oh!...Did the nurse at A&E take pity on you?".

He replied dryly, "No. I got a match on Plenty of Fish. When I say I have a date, I mean we are talking on Facetime this evening...so you know, it's pretty informal."

Bronwyn turned her chair to face him and shifting position, she settled in for a good interrogation session.

"So who is she and where is she from?"

"You'll have to wait and see won't you! I am not going to jinx this before we have even spoken." Jason reached across to switch on the kettle.

Bronwyn was a very confident and blunt person, there was only the briefest pause.

"When did you last get laid?"

Jason was used to this by now and just shrugged, "A couple months sure, but I've been busy"

"Well if I were you, I would be seriously distracted by that point, hair trigger lol."

Jason poured hot water and bent to take milk from the small fridge.

"I'll manage thanks, if it comes to that."

Bronwyn gave a small start, "Oh! If it goes well, you guys should do that sexual compatibility quiz thing, you know, that app you can download that tells you what kinks or likes and dislikes you have in common."

Jason looked up as he dumped the spent tea bag in the small desktop bin.

"What's that called?"

"Quivre I think or Quiver, I can't remember exactly, google it, you'll find it. You both put all of your dirty secrets in and if you match anything, say you both like feet or sex outdoors or rubber or whatever, then it will tell you. But it doesn't mention anything that didn't match, so if you've got, you know, weird taste...no-one finds out unless there's good ground for compatibility.

Jason stopped stirring, genuinely interested. He had quite a few little kinks and had often wondered how to bring them up with new partners for fear of rejection.

"Hmm yeah, I might just do that, it does sound interesting, have you tried it?"

Bronwyn's mischievous grin returned, "M a y b e...." she said cryptically.

Wondering what her Kinks were but knowing better than to ask outright, Jason thanked Bronwyn for her suggestion, took his cup of tea out to the big top and went on with his day. He spent several hours going over his routine with the other acrobats, but didn't get on the trapeze as he was still sore and it was better to rest than do further damage. He wrapped up a little early and around 4pm, he left for home. After a shower, he set about finding something to wear for his call with Sarah and began fussing with his hair as he riffled through his dresser looking for his favourite t-shirt. Finally happy with his appearance, he brushed his teeth. It wouldn't make any difference to Sarah on a facetime call, but he felt better nonetheless.

Finding himself at the computer with 15 mins to spare, he googled sex compatibility quiz. A few different sites came up but the first link was Quivre. Recognising the name from his earlier conversation with Bronwyn, Jason clicked through and followed the on-line instructions to create an account and provide more details on his likes and dislikes. He sat chewing his finger nail absent mindedly as he considered the things he would include. There was a list of common, and some not-so-common kinks and fetishes. He ran his eyes down the screen and selected half a dozen things without having to think too hard about them. He picked things like, Oral, Penetrative Sex, Foreplay, Anal, Mutual Masturbation and the use of toys in the bedroom. Then came the more interesting stuff. He hovered over the check box for Pee play before selecting it, reminding himself that Sarah wouldn't see this unless she also checked the same box. Then he also selected Lactation, Breeding Kink and lastly, Erotic Hypnosis. Jesus, he thought. I really hope this site is secure. He would hate his friends or family to know he was into these things. He knew everyone had a kink or two, even if they didn't acknowledge them, but still, he'd rather keep this to himself all the same.

The familiar jingle and notification popped up on screen to tell him that he had an incoming facetime request. Shit was it 7pm already!. He shifted in his seat, ran a hand through his short choppy brown hair, took a deep breath and connected the call.

"Hi Jason!, how is it going?" said Sarah brightly as the display changed and he admired the pretty face that filled the screen.

"Hey!" Jason said, trying to muster as much happy go lucky confidence as he could, "I'm great thanks, you look beautiful."

Sarah smiled and it lit up her entire face,

"Ah thanks! It's always a worry isn't it, when you've only seen carefully selected profile pictures! You actually look a little younger than in yours I think, but maybe that's because you don't have your acrobat gear on!"

Jason laughed. "Ha yeah, that leotard is not my choice for a first date, second maybe..." he trailed off a little embarrassed, "So tell me a little about your job Sarah? It sounds really cool."

They talked for a little over half an hour, the conversation was easy and neither really noticed the time passing. They agreed to meet the next day for a coffee and a walk together. Sarah said she would drive into the town and meet him at the Starbucks near the most central car park.

The next day, the weather was grey and overcast, typical for the town in late March. There was no wind, but rain was forecast for later, so Jason took his raincoat and an umbrella. He thought about leaving the umbrella, it wasn't the most sexy of accessories. But decided he would rather not get soaked. Also, the thought that he might take a walk along the canal huddled closely under it with Sarah was appealing and clinched the deal for him. He closed the door behind him and walked into town.

Sarah had spent longer than she'd expected deciding what to wear. Normally, unless she was going out to dinner, she just wore jeans and some knitwear but she felt this was a little too plain and opted for a dark green three quarter length gypsy skirt and a white knotted top over a white long sleeved t-shirt. She added her customary bangles, a beaded necklace and spritzed on a little Jo Malone before heading out to the car. She really liked Jason, she'd felt comfortable talking to him the night before and found him really attractive, with or without the leotard. His profile had stood out to her as intelligent and well mannered, plus those pictures of him performing under the big top and being an actual freaking Circus performer! That was hot, she had always loved the Circus vibe. She remembered her last visit to the Circus a couple of years ago. Sat in the tent on a warm summer evening, the smells of popcorn mixed with the sweet tang of horses and hay. As she watched, the performers had ridden, tumbled and swung across the ring in tightly fitted leotards with sweat standing out on their exposed skin. Yes, she was most definitely attracted to Jason.

When Sarah had parked and paid for her ticket, she walked the short distance to Starbucks and slowed, trying to spot Jason through the window. There he was, sat facing the street, but he was looking at his phone and didn't see her as she approached. He had a towseled shabby look about him, but in a good way, effortlessly cool in his dm boots, camo trousers and knitted oversized jumper. He really was the opposite of her last boyfriend Charlie, who had been an estate agent in Bristol. Charlie was a nice guy, but very straight down the middle in appearance and unfortunately, in the bedroom too. Things had fizzled out between them after a few weeks as they realised they weren't wholly compatible.

Jason had an air of confidence, even at this distance, he really did fit the alternative town vibe completely. He looked up as she walked past the window and their eyes met briefly. She felt a thrill and shock run up through her solar plexus as he smiled out at her.

Jason stood as she entered. She walked over to his table. Their first contact was a hurried hug under a fake bamboo light fixture, between two cheap reproduction armchairs. But the effect on them was electric. As soon as they touched it felt exciting, like there was an animal tension, a charged potential between them. They pulled apart, both slightly flushed and Sarah sat down in the chair opposite Jason.

"Can I get you a drink?" he asked in a barely noticeable Gloucestershire burr.

"Yes please! Can I have Peppermint Tea?"

Jason left to get the drinks whilst Sarah got comfortable. After 15 mins or so of tentative conversation, going back and forth about her Yoga business, her family, his Circus lifestyle and his family, Jason finished the last of his coffee,

"Would you like to go for a walk along the canal?"

Sarah responded warmly that she would love too, and they made their way out onto the street.

Walking a little faster than normal due to lingering nerves, Jason asked,

"What has your dating history been like?"

It was a standard question, but also, as previous experience told him, risky territory. He held his breath while he waited for an answer.

"Well, I've had two serious relationships, both lasted 3 years. One was a guy I knew from school, my first real love. We broke up after a particularly difficult Christmas. I got into an argument with his Mother about new age therapy and he took her side and made me feel stupid and petty.

She looked unhappy about it even now.

"It wasn't really going anywhere, we were just kids really and a couple of years after we left school and started to find our feet as individuals, we just went in different directions. He was a junior accountant that liked rugby and his parents were both solicitors. I'd started working for Willow, which is a Wiccan store that offered alternative treatments like Raiki and Hot Stone Massage. We just didn't have a lot in common as it turned out. Then David, who was an artist, I don't really want to go into the details, but he met a woman from his life drawing group and called it off with me two weeks later. Three years gone in two weeks...

Sarah looked momentarily upset but forced a smile,

"Since then, I have had a few boyfriends here and there but nothing more serious than a couple of dates or an awkward meeting via mutual friends, that sort of thing. How about you?"

Jason talked Sarah through his sparse dating history, which was limited to only one serious relationship he'd had when he was doing his A Levels. It had lasted nearly two years before they'd split when she'd gone to study in Manchester for Uni. He had been heartbroken at the time, but it was now just a part of his younger life and felt like ancient history. In the last 10 yrs he'd dated a groom at the circus who'd left in a shit storm after she was caught stealing money off the concessions stand. He'd also had a few hookups on Tinder just before the Covid pandemic but they had been pretty clear it was just casual and no-strings. There had been others before and since, but nothing notable.

"I'm done with Tinder and the hook up culture." he said finally. "I know that sounds like I'm feeding you a line here, but I've really just been a little restless lately. I'm sharing a house with Steve, who is forever hooking up with someone new. Honestly, some days I don't know who I'm going to meet in the kitchen at breakfast and it just gets tiring.

Sarah nodded in agreement.

"So is that why you tried Plenty of Fish? For a more meaningful connection?"

"Yes exactly, I just feel ready for something more grown up you know?"

They talked on comfortably as they walked through town and down to the canal tow path. As they worked their way along the Victorian waterway, lined with cow parsley and nettles, it started to rain. It wasn't heavy and they barely noticed as they were deep in conversation, now flowing easily on cats, dogs, favourite films and books. They made their way further out towards the western end of town. As they walked they could see the large raised railway bridge with huge arches that marked the start of the next village.

Then the rain really came down. Jason smiled to himself and opened his umbrella. He offered Sarah one side of its canopy and with what he felt was a brave move, slid his arm around her waist as they continued. This part of the tow path was always quiet, they saw only the occasional dog walker or runner as they walked, huddled together, for another five minutes. They stopped under one of the large Victorian railway arches. It had once been open and used as storage for coal and spares but since the 1960s had been bricked up leaving just a shallow shelter underneath the overhanging arch above. Jason collapsed the umbrella and shook the water droplets off before closing it.

12